Burnley 1 Saints 0 - Reaction

Mr X

If this is true then I am even more baffled #saintsfc boss Claude Puel tells me he'll 'sit down with Les Reed and the Chairman' to discuss the possibility of signing a striker in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that baffling. We need a striker.

Today is the 14th he is just going to sit down with them?

Since Austin got injured it's been obvious we are light it's not as if we have an academy player we can bring in

As I've said above, if that's your hysterical take on it, fine. We will have targets, we will be monitoring them, we'll try and get one over the line. Like every Jan window for every club, the huge majority of deals get done in the last week.

If you really want to believe that Puel, about two hours ago, suddenly went "Oh, I know, I've had an idea, why don't we think about maybe signing a striker" then crack on.

It's not difficult to see where the problem lies. Just 19 goals in 21 league matches, only Middlesbrough have scored fewer. Even Hull & Sunderland who are both currently in the relegation zone have scored (marginally) more. It needs addressed quickly.

As I've said above, if that's your hysterical take on it, fine. We will have targets, we will be monitoring them, we'll try and get one over the line. Like every Jan window for every club, the huge majority of deals get done in the last week.

If you really want to believe that Puel, about two hours ago, suddenly went "Oh, I know, I've had an idea, why don't we think about maybe signing a striker" then crack on.

Oh dear who is getting hysterical now LOL Did you have that imaginary conversation in your head.....really?

Calm down dear you will have a coronary.

Ah here we go CB Fry resorts to insults. Is there a need for the word hysterical? You love to belittle don't you.

Don't worry dear it's okay you take care can't have you too hyper and those convos in your head.

You think the management of the club haven't spoken about signing a striker and will only start that on Monday.

Carry on being baffled.

Cb Fry can't help using belittling insults in his arguments- he thinks it helps him win his point when in fact it just means he realises his views are weak without resorting to snideness

Insults against other posters. How horrible.

Pamplemousse is a robot

Wow, you really are as pathetic as you come across then.

Everyone of his posts, on both this and the match thread, reminds me of a hysterical nine year girl running around the school playground crying because somebody has pulled her hair.

We are not in great shape right now, but really, the usual suspects really do need to get a grip.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

This is all rather pathetic.......some are so blinded by their dislike for Puel they think 'fire him, get another manager in and all will be fine'. Well guess what - it wouldn't.

We have a terrible attacking force (JRod aside who is showing signs of getting back to his best). Tadic has been absolutely awful, Redmond not much better, Long a total waste of space.

The number of chances we had today we should have been out of sight.

You think the management of the club haven't spoken about signing a striker and will only start that on Monday.

Carry on being baffled.

I'm sure they have thought of it. They just don't seem very good at it

Carry on being baffled.

Same management team that spoke about champions league, said we have the best midfield options in the country + a manager that describes Redmond as the "new Henry"

Anything is possible - if they didnt see the need in the summer, why now?

Puel just needs time to coach the ones we have - surely?

Cb Fry can't help using belittling insults in his arguments- he thinks it helps him win his point when in fact it just means he realises his views are weak without resorting to snideness

No, it means he's exasperated with the *please let me know a non-insulting way to describe the whining, self-entitled muppets who basically refuse to let anything that happens on the pitch get in the way of their views*. As far as I can work out from the whining I've heard at games this season, boring football is basically not scoring, which whilst we have a massive problem putting the ball in the net, that does not equate to boring football.

If you want to know what boring football is, you only had to go to the West Brom game the other week, Pulis-ball is practically the definition of boring football, and we play absolutely nothing like them.

Some people will really take anything. We played football that didn't hurt them like we have most of season. We are 13th now, 4 losses in a row isn't good enough. The football is slow and easy to defend against. We have regressed since last season and board haven't helped either.

I don't disagree that it is too slow. But I still think half of that is down to a focal point, we are damned if we do put the ball in the box, with 3 5 foot f all players and we are damned if we don't. Going around in circles to slowly as you say. Again, this I a lack of a signing, not Puel although I do feel something is not quite right in the camp.

This is all rather pathetic.......some are so blinded by their dislike for Puel they think 'fire him, get another manager in and all will be fine'. Well guess what - it wouldn't.

We have a terrible attacking force (JRod aside who is showing signs of getting back to his best). Tadic has been absolutely awful, Redmond not much better, Long a total waste of space.

The number of chances we had today we should have been out of sight.

I don't want him sacked I want him to have a better squad and staff to give him a chance to succeed.

I want him to be more flexible in team formation though and try to fit in the players he has available.

I want him to change shape when we are failing. I'll use Spurs again battered for 25 mins yet after halftime he put out same players in same formation.

Austin earlier in season played 1 game in 19 days due to international break but was rotated out.

Carry on being baffled.

With Les involved then good chance yes, ffs we knew before season started we would need a striker and acm, we were toothless in friendlies against **** teams who were cannon fodder in there respective league prob bar bilbao who put out weak side, we knew of the problems our front 3 have, 2 injury prone 1 couldn't hit a barn door. Nothing was addressed, this season could've been the best in our history but it's been royally fuc..d up. I had hope seeing a fantastic Hojberg possibly thinking he could become one of the best to be destroyed into a shadow of what I saw, rotation or coaching??? all I know is Puel for the reasons we were told he was bought in for has failed to deliver and I feel Les and Co chose him as he was cheap

No, it means he's exasperated with the *please let me know a non-insulting way to describe the whining, self-entitled muppets who basically refuse to let anything that happens on the pitch get in the way of their views*. As far as I can work out from the whining I've heard at games this season, boring football is basically not scoring, which whilst we have a massive problem putting the ball in the net, that does not equate to boring football.

If you want to know what boring football is, you only had to go to the West Brom game the other week, Pulis-ball is practically the definition of boring football, and we play absolutely nothing like them.

Correct!

I just watched a game where we were the better, more attacking, pleasanter to watch side....we had more possession, shots, corners and we were beaten by a deflection from a free kick. We came up against a well-organised side whose keeper had his second inspired game against us of the season.

I'm not sure what Puell can be blamed for?

It might come as a shock but you do actually have to score to win a game

We have had a whole season of missed opportunities and a **** poor lack of goals

It's so bad that even in a goal scoring opportunity I never expect them to score

Well thank you for your insight!

Nobody is denying we need to score more goals...it might come as a shock to you that we lost our principal goalscorer midway through the close season on transfers. Who knows if we can find someone in January that can fill in...at a price that doesn't threaten our pay/youth channel structure...all I do know is that if we do or when Charlie is back we are a team that creates a shed load of opportunities whilst playing good football.

This is what it looks like when you don't panic!

its ok guys. Stop wetting your beds!!! .....................The fact of the matter is. IF we sign decent striker (or two), a goalscoring midfielder and a centre half we will probably be pushing for the top 6 if not this season then next. However, we may not sign anyone and see Fonte leave then we are talking bottom 6 this season and even lower than that next season YES the big R is perfectly possible. Over to you Les/Claude.

This time last year Newcastle were second bottom, 18 points and four wins all season. Your comparison is hysterical gibberish.

We're not going down. If we were in Sunderland's position right now, would you be telling us how we'd be improving and we'll beat teams seven or eight points ahead of us now and stay up? I somehow doubt it.

24 points, we will not be relegated.

Again you seem to be having some kind of argument with yourself....

Read what I said. I said I don't think we will get relegated. Do you understand what that means? But to deny we COULD get relegated as in its not possible shows how thick you must be. You say we just need to get 40 or whatever to survive. That right there is an IF. You don't know that will happen so how can you slag off people for saying the opposite could happen? Or is it another case of you are right and anyone who disagrees must be wrong? Sort of sums you up

And in regards to Newcastle didn't they finish fifth a few seasons ago? What I said was not talking about last year. You said that not me. I said I remember when they said they were too big to fail. Same as other clubs. IF we lose our next 4 games and IF sunderland and Co take points from us we will be in a relegation battle. There are a ton of IFS both in what you are saying and what I am saying. Unless we win games we will get dragged into that situation. To deny that is quite frankly stupid.

Same management team that spoke about champions league, said we have the best midfield options in the country + a manager that describes Redmond as the "new Henry"

Anything is possible - if they didnt see the need in the summer, why now?

Puel just needs time to coach the ones we have - surely?

Was it the Strathclyde Police breaking your front door down, or was it after they had been merged into Police Scotland?

Come on. Don't be shy.

I understand what you are saying but sometimes the boos are directed at the general way the club is being run and that was probably the case today.

To be honest I think you're quite pleased when we lose at the moment, helps justify your standpoint on things and continue to be critical. Did you actually watch the match today? Very frustrating, but we were not poor.

On the basis of the last 2 games we've played I've changed my mind slightly on who is responsible for our form and performances.

We created enough chances to bury Liverpool. We had lots of shooting chances today. Puel's tactics allowed those situations to develop.

The person responsible is the person who decides what players we buy, and the fact that we have NO quality in front of goal any more. The only way I think Puel can be blamed is if one feels the fact that Long, Redmond and Tadic cant hit a cows arse with a banjo is because the manager has somehow failed to motivate and focus them. It may not help, but these guys are supposed to have natural instincts and ability.

No, the person totally responsible for this mess is Les Reed. He allowe Mane and Pele to leave without having adequate replacements lined up.

All The good work and confidence built up after the Liverpool game was thrown out the window by Puel , He should not have made any changes to the starting 11, If Clasie & Jay were fit enough for the bench then they were fit enough to start the game. There is nothing that pi--sses a group of players of more than knowing they have performed well as a team but the manager wants to tinker with it for the sake of it. I Think Puel has the worst man management skills of any manager since Branfoot & his tactical Nous is Zero , We have a very unhappy dressing room and set of players at the moment because anything they try & build Puel knocks down.

On the basis of the last 2 games we've played I've changed my mind slightly on who is responsible for our form and performances.

We created enough chances to bury Liverpool. We had lots of shooting chances today. Puel's tactics allowed those situations to develop.

The person responsible is the person who decides what players we buy, and the fact that we have NO quality in front of goal any more. The only way I think Puel can be blamed is if one feels the fact that Long, Redmond and Tadic cant hit a cows arse with a banjo is because the manager has somehow failed to motivate and focus them. It may not help, but these guys are supposed to have natural instincts and ability.

No, the person totally responsible for this mess is Les Reed. He allowe Mane and Pele to leave without having adequate replacements lined up.

Reed is to blame for alot, but Puels tactics do not help

Tadic this season 1 goal 3 assists, last season 9 goals 16 assists

Long this season 1 goal 1 assist, last season 14 goals 7 assists

Reed is to blame for alot, but Puels tactics do not help

Tadic this season 1 goal 3 assists, last season 9 goals 16 assists

Long this season 1 goal 1 assist, last season 14 goals 7 assists

tadic had a good record too for last season considering the strong rumours that 'he hated koeman.'

when you also consider we have played more games this year than it is even worse.

but this is what happens when you sell and your replacement is injury prone.

I too would like to know why the OB were involved with Glasgow Saint.Anyway, just back from the game and anyone who blames the manager for that today is either A) A utter moron B) Didn't watch the game C) both A & B.We had great chances to take all three points before they scored and great chances for a point after they scored. We were thwarted by good defending, outstanding goalkeeping and p_iss poor finishing. The manager can do nothing about that.We moved the ball well, got into dangerous positions and utterly dominated. I watched us play way worse than that last season and the season before under RK on a regular basis.Around me I heard not a peep of criticism of the manager, plenty about buying a striker, which we all agree on. On the train there was mithering about the manager. Why? because the team and tactics were spot on today.We made Burnley look like the hoofers they are but Shane Long steals a living as a striker and jay is still a yard short IMHO.

I too would like to know why the OB were involved with Glasgow Saint.Anyway, just back from the game and anyone who blames the manager for that today is either A) A utter moron B) Didn't watch the game C) both A & B.We had great chances to take all three points before they scored and great chances for a point after they scored. We were thwarted by good defending, outstanding goalkeeping and p_iss poor finishing. The manager can do nothing about that.We moved the ball well, got into dangerous positions and utterly dominated. I watched us play way worse than that last season and the season before under RK on a regular basis.Around me I heard not a peep of criticism of the manager, plenty about buying a striker, which we all agree on. On the train there was mithering about the manager. Why? because the team and tactics were spot on today.We made Burnley look like the hoofers they are but Shane Long steals a living as a striker and jay is still a yard short IMHO.

Thank you for a sensible contribution about the game to break up the usual ****e from the usual posters

Long scored plenty last season under a different manager? JROD looks much more like scoring this year than long and clearly needs time on the pitch yet he never starts two games in a row? We set up to put crosses into the box with no aerial threat agaibst one of the strongest defended in the league? The manager rotates to much and is inflexibly dull in his approach yes we need a new striker but in the mean time he needs to make something happen i.e. If he is going to insist on this crossing game put vid up front we might score a few

Long scored plenty last season under a different manager? JROD looks much more like scoring this year than long and clearly needs time on the pitch yet he never starts two games in a row? We set up to put crosses into the box with no aerial threat agaibst one of the strongest defended in the league? The manager rotates to much and is inflexibly dull in his approach yes we need a new striker but in the mean time he needs to make something happen i.e. If he is going to insist on this crossing game put vid up front we might score a few ��
VvD missed an absolute dolly at the end. I didn't think we were dull today, and nor did anyone else around me. We took them apart time and time again and with a natural finisher on the pitch we walk away with a win.Shane Long is the modern day Brett but without the skill. As a said, only a moron blames the manager today as he got it spot on and we played well.

Hull City's next four games:

Chelsea (a)

Man Utd (a)

Liverpool (h)

Arsenal (a)

Swansea look gone. There are a few others in the mire.

We need a couple of quick wins to settle us down and things will be fine but we shouldn't be anywhere near this position really.

Palace panic buying ...Evra?

Sunderland are an injury to Defoe away from dire straits.

Watford are in free fall.