Best ex team

salisbury saints1

Following an office discussion could any other club field a better team of ex-players (still playing) than Saints? I bet I've missed someone obvious but my team was:

Boruc

Clyne

Lovren

Alderweirld

Shaw

Lallana

Schneiderlin

Wanyama

Bale

Walcott

Mane

Subs: Stekelenburg, Chambers, Oxalade-Chamberlain, Puncheon, Ramirez

I think this team could be top 4 material and certainly the best any other club could field of former players.

A good team, but it has been said many times on different threads, Alderweirld was NEVER our player. Decent sub bench as well. Maybe replace Toby with Chambers and add Pelle to the Bench?

Maybe not technically our player (he really should have been though and the way we lost him makes it feel like he was sold) but imo the best defender I've seen wearing a saints shirt in the modern game. Marginally better than VVD.

Maybe not technically our player (he really should have been though and the way we lost him makes it feel like he was sold) but imo the best defender I've seen wearing a saints shirt in the modern game. Marginally better than VVD.

Not even close to objective, and I don't agree, but it's interesting that Alderweireld isn't included in today's list of 'The 20 best Premier League defenders of the season so far' by the Telegraph. VVD does make the cut:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/18/20-best-premier-league-defenders-season-far/

Not even close to objective, and I don't agree, but it's interesting that Alderweireld isn't included in today's list of 'The 20 best Premier League defenders of the season so far' by the Telegraph. VVD does make the cut:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/18/20-best-premier-league-defenders-season-far/

He's been out injured for the majority of it.

Following an office discussion could any other club field a better team of ex-players (still playing) than Saints? I bet I've missed someone obvious but my team was:

Boruc

Clyne

Lovren

Alderweirld

Shaw

Lallana

Schneiderlin

Wanyama

Bale

Walcott

Mane

Subs: Stekelenburg, Chambers, Oxalade-Chamberlain, Puncheon, Ramirez

I think this team could be top 4 material and certainly the best any other club could field of former players.

Bench Walcott for Pelle and have Lambert on the bench to make

7 subs and there's your ex saints match day Squad, could also start Chambers and put Lovren on the bench coz he's a massive w**ker

Boruc

Clyne

Chambers

Toby

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

Lallana

Bale

Pelle

Mane

Subs- Stek, Lovren, Ox, Puncheon, Ramirez, Walcott, Lambert

That's because he's been injured for most of it.

Neither was Stekelenburg also a loan player from memory - but didn't have another keeper to put on the bench!

Bialkowski's your sub keeper then, a decent championship keeper who looked good enough at times to be a top keeper but just fell a little short.

Bench Walcott for Pelle and have Lambert on the bench to make

7 subs and there's your ex saints match day Squad, could also start Chambers and put Lovren on the bench coz he's a massive w**ker

Boruc

Clyne

Chambers

Toby

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

Lallana

Bale

Pelle

Mane

Subs- Stek, Lovren, Ox, Puncheon, Ramirez, Walcott, Lambert

That team should be good enough to win the Premier League. Chambers is certainly looking a great prospect nowadays and along with Ben Gibson is the reason why Boro have just about the best defence in the league. It's hard to believe that Chambers is still only 21. I expect him to at least become as good as Lovren if not better.