**** POSITIVES ****

Heisenberg

That's not a positive. Our opening five home and away games selling out, in spite of the poor results, is. If we won a major trophy in this century, we'd have 40,000 fans hammering at the doors every home game and 2,000+ every away game. For its size, we are arguably the most underachieving team in the country yet the fans keep turning up. That is totally positive.

Did Watford sell out? There were loads of empty seats in the Chapel.

It's a shame really. You start positivity threads; while others like ALWAYS start threads about fellow posters.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57975-SWF-Stalkers-Thread

Guess you can only do you pal -and hope a bit of that goodwill rubs off on others.

:lol:

Whereas you just try you be clever and funny in your post bus sadly you fail miserably, its a shame as you try so hard...

Did Watford sell out? There were loads of empty seats in the Chapel.

Yes, it did. Apparently, the club is not licensed to sell every seat so several hundred seats have to be left empty, which means our real capacity is less than the stadium's official capacity. Add to that the fact that some people who've bought seats can't make it for various reasons, like illness, and you're always going to see some empty seats.

• 3 months later...

Here's a personal positive - 2017 is nearly over. In the 35+ years I've been going to watch Saints play live, 2017 will be the first calendar year I've not seen us win a match (12 games). Good riddance to it & here's hoping to a much better 2018. Unfortunately, in order for that to happen I fear we'll either need a change of manager or to spend heavily on attacking talent or it could be just as bad...

Only positives for me have been watching Lemina play (ankle permitting) and also glimpses of attacking class from Boufal. I've also got some anticipation about seeing Sims and Hesketh play a part in the new year although that may depend on how "safe" we are from relegation.

The championship is probably the best and most competitive league in Europe

We will be one of the biggest clubs in it

Most of our helmet fans will f*ck off like they did last time

Most of our helmet players will f*ck off

More matches

No pundits wa*king off about mangers

Better atmosphere and prices

More Saturday 3pm kick offs

The championship is probably the best and most competitive league in Europe

We will be one of the biggest clubs in it

Most of our helmet fans will f*ck off like they did last time

Most of our helmet players will f*ck off

More matches

No pundits wa*king off about mangers

Better atmosphere and prices

More Saturday 3pm kick offs

:lol:

Positive=pitch looks good. Virgin a top sponsor, and not connected to betting, booze or fags. Lemina looks a player, although at sea like the rest of them with no managerial nous behind him. Prospect of Sims returning (on the pressure). Hoj is excellent and people are starting to see that. Austin scores goals. Stephens could be a big player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

There is currently only one positive: a Wembley appearance and 2 games from winning the FA Cup.

Incredibly, we still have a chance to make this a historic season. The league is obviously gone and I think we are all resigned to Championship football next year. But if there's one thing that could motivate our useless string of overpaid, prima-donnas then it's a Wembley appearance.

Positives of Relegation

It will give us the chance to rebuild and hopefully we can get some likeable, committed players (something like the last squad we had in the championship).

It'll hopefully give the likes of Targett, Reed & Sims the platform to kick on (like Lallana, Morgan, Fonte did)...

Hopefully we (the fans) can regain some affiliation with the club.

Cheaper tickets and hopefully a more enjoyable experience.

Plenty of good away games.

Less attractive to Chinese / American tourists.

Positives of our current situation

Cup semi final.

Most have now seen through Reed and our current board.

Hopefully Kat and this Chinese crook will lose some money.

If I'm honest, over the last couple of years I have fallen out of love with the game and I'm actually looking forward to the championship. Bring it on.

Is it a positive that so many recent ex players are doing so well with Liverpool?

Gives you a sense of what could have been I suppose

It’s a positive that we won’t have to play against the shlts next season. Raheem Sterling coming on to boos and chants of “there’s only one greedy bastard” by the Liverpool fans were a bit ironic I thought.

Positives of Relegation

It will give us the chance to rebuild and hopefully we can get some likeable, committed players (something like the last squad we had in the championship).

It'll hopefully give the likes of Targett, Reed & Sims the platform to kick on (like Lallana, Morgan, Fonte did)...

Hopefully we (the fans) can regain some affiliation with the club.

Cheaper tickets and hopefully a more enjoyable experience.

Plenty of good away games.

Less attractive to Chinese / American tourists.

Positives of our current situation

Cup semi final.

Most have now seen through Reed and our current board.

Hopefully Kat and this Chinese crook will lose some money.

If I'm honest, over the last couple of years I have fallen out of love with the game and I'm actually looking forward to the championship. Bring it on.

Is the £30 away limit in the Championship too? I've gotten use to that charge and would have to think twice when Leeds go and charge us £46 on the opening day or something.

Is the £30 away limit in the Championship too? I've gotten use to that charge and would have to think twice when Leeds go and charge us £46 on the opening day or something.

Unfortunately not, don’t know full details but a Reading fan I know has moaned about £42 at Leeds and £30-£35 is common especially places that stick you on the side like Villa, Ipswich, Norwich. I’m sure I’ve read Sheffield Wednesday charge £39 for some clubs :x

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-blasted-by-bristol-city-fans-over-opening-day-ticket-prices-1-7374958/amp

Whilst we’re on the subject I wonder if Virgin Media will keep subsidising away fans that visit St Mary’s even in the Championship? And didn’t they say there’d be another game subsidised for us still this season?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...