Liverpool Away Tickets

marc_saint

Looking at the online ticket availability it would seem that we've come nowhere near selling out our allocation of 5600 tickets for next Wednesday's game

When tickets first went on sale blocks 124-129 were available and we only now have a small amount left in the corner. However blocks 121-123 (The normal away section) wasn't showing as available and presumably would go on sale when the first lot had shifted. These still aren't on sale (and aren't on sale to Liverpool fans either.)

Surprising when it's a semi final of a cup and we're leading from the first leg.

Looking at the online ticket availability it would seem that we've come nowhere near selling out our allocation of 5600 tickets for next Wednesday's game

When tickets first went on sale blocks 124-129 were available and we only now have a small amount left in the corner. However blocks 121-123 (The normal away section) wasn't showing as available and presumably would go on sale when the first lot had shifted. These still aren't on sale (and aren't on sale to Liverpool fans either.)

Surprising when it's a semi final of a cup and we're leading from the first leg.

Blocks 121-123 went on sale to Liverpool fans earlier in the week and sold out within a couple of days. That would have reduced our 5,646 allocation to about 3800. Out of that i think we have sold just over 3000 with about 700 left in the corner.

I don't blame people for not travelling with the cost etc but it is a poor turn out from us as a fan base.

A cup semi-final and people can't be bothered. It just goes to show how many of our fans are complete and utter tw_ats.

Bit harsh. It is two days off work that I cannot afford to do, not from leave or any financial perspective but pressures of work. Wasn't easy decision but sure I am not alone.

No fcking way I'm travelling up in the coach and straight back either.

Middle of the week, January, 500 miles round trip, team are playing utter toilet.

Assume you missed the first leg of the semi-final, then? That was barely a week ago, FFS.

I'm looking forward to when someone complains that they've missed out on a ticket for an away game because the club didn't think it was worth bothering taking the full allocation. Nobody will be in any position to complain.

This is a ****ing semi-final of a major cup competition, we've only had one of those (2003) in THIRTY years, FFS, and yet nobody seems arsed about it. People complain, rightly or wrongly, about a lack of ambition at the club at times, and yet they demonstrate none of it themselves, but of course they were the first to complain when previous managers didn't take the cup competitions seriously.

Assume you missed the first leg of the semi-final, then? That was barely a week ago, FFS.

I'm looking forward to when someone complains that they've missed out on a ticket for an away game because the club didn't think it was worth bothering taking the full allocation. Nobody will be in any position to complain.

This is a ****ing semi-final of a major cup competition, we've only had one of those (2003) in THIRTY years, FFS, and yet nobody seems arsed about it. People complain, rightly or wrongly, about a lack of ambition at the club at times, and yet they demonstrate none of it themselves, but of course they were the first to complain when previous managers didn't take the cup competitions seriously.

Don't think not going equates to not being arsed about it.

Bit harsh. It is two days off work that I cannot afford to do, not from leave or any financial perspective but pressures of work. Wasn't easy decision but sure I am not alone.

No fcking way I'm travelling up in the coach and straight back either.

VFTT is a lecturer so used to having plenty of time off. ;)

The game somehow lacks that once in a lifetime feeling that Milan away offered. The league cup doesn't capture the imagination anymore for many. But its still a semi final and that's huge in my book, especially considering how few `big' games we've had during my 30 odd years of following Saints.

I am extremely keen to attend, but not yet got ticket as I am struggling to move things around at work that would enable me to do it. I suspect I will still go though.

Only selling 3000 tickets is ****ing embarrassing, It's a semi final for **** sake that we are leading 1-0 at half time, Funny how when we went to Milan I did t hear any of the excuse about it being midweek, needing 2 days off work or it being over a 2000 mile round trip.

You can never compare a european game for the first time in the San Siro to a semi final of a cup 90% of teams don't even care about.

You can never compare a european game for the first time in the San Siro to a semi final of a cup 90% of teams don't even care about.

There are always pr1cks that are no doubt single giving it loads about people not attending. Bet a few at Anfield who couldn't be arsed to attend Norwich this Wednesday yet somehow think they are more loyal.

The fact is our support base generally struggles to travel in any great numbers to anywhere that isn't London. With the odd exception that has been the case for the last 20 odd years, but this game has surprised me. We even took more than this to MK Dons in the JPT semi final 1st leg, and Sheff Utd in the 1/4 final a couple of years ago.

As Steve says we can't have any complaints if Saints take smaller allocations in future games, and even if we made the final i think the league would be within their rights to give Man Utd a considerably bigger allocation than us, as clearly our fans are not that bothered about this competition.....

Fingers crossed those of us who are travelling will make a decent noise and will be rewarded with one of the greatest nights in our club's history getting through.

Always makes me laugh when people give it the big one about not going to such and such a game, away from home in midweek.

I'd love to go. If anyone can get me from Brighton to Liverpool between 5pm and kick off time then I'm up for it.

Also, as I'm on-call, if you could get me to an internet connection for my laptop (which I doubt they'd let me into the ground with) then that'd be great.

Throwing a sickie would get seen through and I need to have a job on Thursday.

As Steve says we can't have any complaints if Saints take smaller allocations in future games, and even if we made the final i think the league would be within their rights to give Man Utd a considerably bigger allocation than us, as clearly our fans are not that bothered about this competition.....

If we were to make the final (IF!) then the league cup final allocation is normally around 31,000 per team. I'm sure they'll be snapped up pretty quickly.

I went there for the Semi-final in '87 and had a blast despite the result, but It's a bit further away for me these days. None of my 'firm' are going either though for various reasons, but the bottom line I think is nobody wants to travel all that way mid-week and see a team not perform, which there is every possibly of happening.

If we were to make the final (IF!) then the league cup final allocation is normally around 31,000 per team. I'm sure they'll be snapped up pretty quickly.

With season ticket holders getting first dibs and the efforts of those travelling up to Liverpool being unrecognised I suspect?

I went there for the Semi-final in '87 and had a blast despite the result, but It's a bit further away for me these days. None of my 'firm' are going either though for various reasons, but the bottom line I think is nobody wants to travel all that way mid-week and see a team not perform, which there is every possibly of happening.

very good point. Even the most positive Saints fan must be worried we will get tonked. We will see though.

There's every possibility of that happening at any time. We were apparently quite good last season but still took a 6-1 shoeing at home to Liverpool.

If that's genuinely impacting people's attendance at games, then I'd suggest that perhaps football - or sport in general - isn't for them.

In terms of people being unable to get time off work, surely there aren't many jobs (other than, for example, teaching where if it's term time, you're pretty much screwed) where nearly two months' notice isn't more than enough to book anywhere between a half-day and two days off? The draw was made on 30th November. It's not as if we've been given a week to make arrangements.

There's every possibility of that happening at any time. We were apparently quite good last season but still took a 6-1 shoeing at home to Liverpool.

If that's genuinely impacting people's attendance at games, then I'd suggest that perhaps football - or sport in general - isn't for them.

In terms of people being unable to get time off work, surely there aren't many jobs (other than, for example, teaching where if it's term time, you're pretty much screwed) where nearly two months' notice isn't more than enough to book anywhere between a half-day and two days off? The draw was made on 30th November. It's not as if we've been given a week to make arrangements.

Exactly.

As I said, a big bunch of helmets.

Steve, don't forget that a lot of people have domestic responsibilities during the week.

I'm amazed at the judgement from you Steve, you must realise people have lives out of St. Mary's?

I didn't make the first leg due to it being midweek and also wouldn't have been able to if it was a Premier League game. I really don't get the uber fan mentality on here, if it was Thurs-Sun I'd have gone, as it's not I can't.

Not everyone can dedicate their lives to making every game, and the majority who aren't going I'm sure most have more valid reasons than the fact Saints are out of form, that just happens to be a factor.

I know a lot of us still wouldn't have used it but the club could have (if the visitors concourse at SMS didn't need a spruce up this year, of course) used the 'away' fund and laid on free coaches for this? Maybe they just thought they didn't need to with it being a semi-final but the dull football and some shocking away performances have rapidly dampened enthusiasm and really don't leave fans with much hope for up there.

Yep, it is a semi but I can understand some thinking twice before making a 500-mile round-trip, the M6 car park, 2 days off work and our form just doesn't inspire. Like it or not, watching it live at home or down the pub will be more appealing to many.

Steve, don't forget that a lot of people have domestic responsibilities during the week.

Did those domestic responsibilities not exist in October when 8,000 managed to make it all the way to another country for a midweek game?

I'm amazed at the judgement from you Steve, you must realise people have lives out of St. Mary's?

I didn't make the first leg due to it being midweek and also wouldn't have been able to if it was a Premier League game. I really don't get the uber fan mentality on here, if it was Thurs-Sun I'd have gone, as it's not I can't.

Not everyone can dedicate their lives to making every game, and the majority who aren't going I'm sure most have more valid reasons than the fact Saints are out of form, that just happens to be a factor.

My specific point to you was that the Liverpool game - where we played very well - was barely a week ago, and yet you claim "team are playing utter toilet".

well he has to do something with our fivers :lol:

Exactly.

Happy to admit that this is the reason for me not attending. I'm throwing my toys right out of the pram.

I'm a helmet who's at least attended 15 away last 5 years (including both European fixtures) and 8 this year (including all 3 European fixtures).

Unfortunately the way and style in which we have played this year has made me just loose interest (even not attending home game which I've paid for as part of a season ticket). Never thought I'd see the day that i would give up my space in a car and ticket for a semi final, but I think being standing at Burnley, in the freezing cold for 90 minutes, watching that pile of sh!te finally made the penny drop.

Perhaps I'm just a glory hunter at heart..

Happy to admit that this is the reason for me not attending. I'm throwing my toys right out of the pram.

I'm a helmet who's at least attended 15 away last 5 years (including both European fixtures) and 8 this year (including all 3 European fixtures).

Unfortunately the way and style in which we have played this year has made me just loose interest (even not attending home game which I've paid for as part of a season ticket). Never thought I'd see the day that i would give up my space in a car and ticket for a semi final, but I think being standing at Burnley, in the freezing cold for 90 minutes, watching that pile of sh!te finally made the penny drop.

Perhaps I'm just a glory hunter at heart..

Personally I think it's a natural reaction. There is a distinct lack of enthusiasm and excitement enminating from the club at the moment. Dull manager, dull team, dull style, no transfers and about to sell our captain to a rival club. No wonder fans are becoming ambivalent. I'll be at Anfield though, more in hope than expectation mind.

Personally I think it's a natural reaction. There is a distinct lack of enthusiasm and excitement enminating from the club at the moment. Dull manager, dull team, dull style, no transfers and about to sell our captain to a rival club. No wonder fans are becoming ambivalent. I'll be at Anfield though, more in hope than expectation mind.

Yep, spot on I feel. Think everyone is pretty sick of the only positive coming out the club at the moment is how many academy lads we've got playing. Problem is they're not going to get us top half Prem football.

Yes, the Milan trip was much more expensive, almost certainly required more time away, and it was only a group stage game.

Speaking as one who didn't go to Milan and won't be going to Anfield, there's not an infinite amount of funds or time off work available to the average fan. Maybe those 8000 who went to Milan (which, unless they have the gift of hindsight they'd have booked not knowing we'd have a semi later in the season) have already used up their allocation of either or both for this season.

Did those domestic responsibilities not exist in October when 8,000 managed to make it all the way to another country for a midweek game?

My specific point to you was that the Liverpool game - where we played very well - was barely a week ago, and yet you claim "team are playing utter toilet".

We've lost four games in a row in the league. The Liverpool game was the exception rather than the rule. Having seen us get spanked by Palace, travel all the way to Hull and lose to arguably the worst team in the league and been to Prague to watch that so called "performance" it's easy to see why fans have some trepidation when it comes to dedicating their time and hard earned to watching us away from home (especially mid week when it's a 500 mile round trip). Personally don't blame anyone for not attending.

Personally - have more of a problem with local people not turning up to Norwich at home.

I don't. I can fully understand that. Norwich would have scratched the match beforehand if they were allowed - they didn't want to be there - and we were always going to select a low-priority team. It was always going to be insipid and lacking in competitive integrity to some extent.

The match v Liverpool is a very rare chance to reach a major Wembley final and arguably our biggest match for the last 13 years.

I don't. I can fully understand that. Norwich would have scratched the match beforehand if they were allowed - they didn't want to be there - and we were always going to select a low-priority team. It was always going to be insipid and lacking in competitive integrity to some extent.

The match v Liverpool is a very rare chance to reach a major Wembley final and arguably our biggest match for the last 13 years.

What about the promotion matches?

Exactly.

Lol...

So you don't "support the he boys" at Norwich at home but because you go to a major cup semi final you are the uber fan?

Made yourself look stupid there....

By the way I am not going to Anfield but if we get through I am going to Wembley! Nothing you can do to stop me either...ha ha ha ha.... :-)

I think in the current economic climate more people have to consider whether such a trip is value for money and let's face it Saints are not good value for money. I want to be entertained, I want to be excited and I want to go home feeling that I haven't been subjected to a process by a team just to get a result. Sadly that's what Sainst are like at the movement.