Liverpool Away Tickets

marc_saint

What about the promotion matches?

We got promoted through a cumulative league effort which led to us finishing second twice. There was no "promotion match". This is one match removed from winning an actual trophy. The point of getting promoted is to be one of the best. It's a means to an end. This is an end in itself.

Lol...

So you don't "support the he boys" at Norwich at home but because you go to a major cup semi final you are the uber fan?

Made yourself look stupid there....

By the way I am not going to Anfield but if we get through I am going to Wembley! Nothing you can do to stop me either...ha ha ha ha.... :-)

I think you're struggling a bit with comprehension.

There's every possibility of that happening at any time. We were apparently quite good last season but still took a 6-1 shoeing at home to Liverpool.

If that's genuinely impacting people's attendance at games, then I'd suggest that perhaps football - or sport in general - isn't for them.

In terms of people being unable to get time off work, surely there aren't many jobs (other than, for example, teaching where if it's term time, you're pretty much screwed) where nearly two months' notice isn't more than enough to book anywhere between a half-day and two days off? The draw was made on 30th November. It's not as if we've been given a week to make arrangements.

I'll let them know that after an average 40 years following Saints it turns out football isn't for them. It might come as a relief.

We got promoted through a cumulative league effort which led to us finishing second twice. There was no "promotion match".

I dunno, the game away at Plymouth was pretty special. Bloody glad I was able to witness it. The Cov game too.

We got promoted through a cumulative league effort which led to us finishing second twice. There was no "promotion match". This is one match removed from winning an actual trophy. The point of getting promoted is to be one of the best. It's a means to an end. This is an end in itself.

Well there were - Plymouth and Coventry. Had we not beaten either of those teams then there would have been a chance we'd have been in the playoffs.

Well there were - Plymouth and Coventry. Had we not beaten either of those teams then there would have been a chance we'd have been in the playoffs.

You could say that about any league game we won in those seasons.

Great days, sure. But not bigger matches.

The sooner we get relegated and shed most of these self-intitled whinging modern premier league fan c*nts the better. Absolute huge game. As Steve says our second semi in 30 odd years and people are moaning about the style of football. Jesus f*cking christ. Our support has slowly been taken over by these types leaving our away support a passionless pile of sh*t. We took more to Sheff Utd (two rounds earlier) and more to MK Dons (for those of you that are calling the League Cup meaningless)

Edited by Griffo

The sooner we get relegated and shed most of these self-intitled whinging modern premier league fan c*nts the better. Absolute huge game. As Steve says our second semi in 30 odd years and people are moaning about the style of football. Jesus f*cking christ. Our support has slowly been taken over by these types leaving our away support a passionless pile of sh*t. We took more to Sheff Utd (two rounds earlier) and more to MK Dons (for those of you that are calling the League Cup meaningless)

Stopped reading after "the sooner we get relegated". Moronic suggestion.

I don't. I can fully understand that. Norwich would have scratched the match beforehand if they were allowed - they didn't want to be there - and we were always going to select a low-priority team. It was always going to be insipid and lacking in competitive integrity to some extent.

The match v Liverpool is a very rare chance to reach a major Wembley final and arguably our biggest match for the last 13 years.

So are you supporting glory hunting fans or not?

In terms of people being unable to get time off work, surely there aren't many jobs (other than, for example, teaching where if it's term time, you're pretty much screwed) where nearly two months' notice isn't more than enough to book anywhere between a half-day and two days off? The draw was made on 30th November. It's not as if we've been given a week to make arrangements.

This. I cancelled two days holiday I had booked in December and instead used them for

this game. Travel Lodge for £24, return trains from London about £30, I'd say it's cheaper than the majority of northern away games, particularly if your staying over. There will obviously be those who have good reason not to go but it feels like there is a lot of apathy towards the club at the moment and that's sad, I reckon we'd have taken more in the Branfoot days and those were proper ****

times and if you think this football is bad then count yourself lucky you didn't have to witness those times!

So are you supporting glory hunting fans or not?

I'm expressing my bemusement at some people's attitudes towards this semi final, second leg. If people have valid reasons for not going, that's cool with me and I wouldn't castigate anyone. What I find weird, and frankly quite dishonorable, are the people who aren't going for the stated reason that we've lost a few games lately or that they find us "boring".

This. I cancelled two days holiday I had booked in December and instead used them for

this game. Travel Lodge for £24, return trains from London about £30, I'd say it's cheaper than the majority of northern away games, particularly if your staying over. There will obviously be those who have good reason not to go but it feels like there is a lot of apathy towards the club at the moment and that's sad, I reckon we'd have taken more in the Branfoot days and those were proper ****

times and if you think this football is bad then count yourself lucky you didn't have to witness those times!

Exactly.

Well I agree to a point, but surely the fact that people are more keen to go in earlier rounds playing good football than in later rounds playing sh*t football shows that they're NOT glory hunters?

This is the first season since I started going i've considered whether next season will be worth my money - purely because of the style of play. I don't get entertained watching the games save for the few minutes after we've scored a goal. It ain't worth over £1000 a season as it is right now.

Well I agree to a point, but surely the fact that people are more keen to go in earlier rounds playing good football than in later rounds playing sh*t football shows that they're NOT glory hunters?

This is the first season since I started going i've considered whether next season will be worth my money - purely because of the style of play. I don't get entertained watching the games save for the few minutes after we've scored a goal. It ain't worth over £1000 a season as it is right now.

So really you're no different to someone who goes to the cinema or theatre. If you're not entertained you don't go again. That's the behaviour of a typical modern fan.

Return trains from London £30? You must have bought your tickets months ago.

So really you're no different to someone who goes to the cinema or theatre. If you're not entertained you don't go again. That's the behaviour of a typical modern fan.

The thing is though we now live in an age where players/managers are paid quite frankly obscene amounts of money and at those levels I think we should be able to demand a better level of performance. It's all a far throw away from the £1 entry I was paying as a teen in the 80's

If 2 days after the 1/4 final is months ago then guilty as charged, made a slight mistake they were £16.50 each way so a grand total of £35, so very affordable to anyone who got organised and wanted to go. I think there was a virgin sale on at the time although I'm not 100% sure on that one.

You said this : K

Agreed, but a lot of our fans seem to be utter helmets nowadays.

Long before anyone mentioned "boring" so justifying your position like this;

I'm expressing my bemusement at some people's attitudes towards this semi final, second leg. If people have valid reasons for not going, that's cool with me and I wouldn't castigate anyone. What I find weird, and frankly quite dishonorable, are the people who aren't going for the stated reason that we've lost a few games lately or that they find us "boring".

Doesn't hold any water.

The fact is you have "castigated" our fans calling them "helmets" on two occasions in this thread, for not being uber fans like you. However in the Norwich thread you said you hadn't gone to the home cup game. You also tried to justify that position in this thread.

How exactly is attending a semi final making you a better fan than anyone else, especially when you didn't go on Wednesday? I thought only utter helmets didn't go to support the lads?

You attend the semi final with Liverpool but won't turn up to support the lads in the third round of the FA cup a week later?

Don't you realise - without getting through those early rounds there cannot be a semi final for you to become all high and mighty over?

Having a pop at your fellow saints fans is ok but if you are doing it, you need to be whiter than white. Not a glory hunter!

Doesn't hold any water.

The fact is you have "castigated" our fans calling them "helmets" on two occasions in this thread, for not being uber fans like you. However in the Norwich thread you said you hadn't gone to the home cup game. You also tried to justify that position in this thread.

How exactly is attending a semi final making you a better fan than anyone else, especially when you didn't go on Wednesday? I thought only utter helmets didn't go to support the lads?

You attend the semi final with Liverpool but won't turn up to support the lads in the third round of the FA cup a week later?

Don't you realise - without getting through those early rounds there cannot be a semi final for you to become all high and mighty over?

Having a pop at your fellow saints fans is ok but if you are doing it, you need to be whiter than white. Not a glory hunter!

Good points. Those going to Liverpool are glory-hunters. Those who went last Wednesday are the true supporters.

(Guess which match I went to and which I shall be missing :))

Doesn't hold any water.

:lol:

Doesn't hold any water.

Don't be a helmet!

I'm not claiming I'm not a helmet.

I'm saying that collectively, this is a poor show from our fans. I think collectively we are exhibiting helmet like behaviour.

Let's face it, we've been a bit spoilt in recent years. Arnhem away followed by the San Siro a year later has contributed to a feeling of apathy amongst us, so I'm not surprised we haven't sold our allocation. I bet that if we had missed out on Europe the last 2 seasons we would be commenting on threads about wanting spare tickets for a sold out away end instead!

Personally I haven't been to a semi-final since the ZDS cup run of '92 so I am not missing this one! 1-0 up from the first leg? Return trains / digs / match ticket all under £100? I've borrowed money so I can go.

If we make it and get past Liverpool, just watch. Those of us that make the trip will not be prioritised for Wembley tickets, instead it will be the apathetic ones that aren't making the trip because [insert cr@p excuse here].

Let's face it, we've been a bit spoilt in recent years. Arnhem away followed by the San Siro a year later has contributed to a feeling of apathy amongst us, so I'm not surprised we haven't sold our allocation. I bet that if we had missed out on Europe the last 2 seasons we would be commenting on threads about wanting spare tickets for a sold out away end instead!

Personally I haven't been to a semi-final since the ZDS cup run of '92 so I am not missing this one! 1-0 up from the first leg? Return trains / digs / match ticket all under £100? I've borrowed money so I can go.

If we make it and get past Liverpool, just watch. Those of us that make the trip will not be prioritised for Wembley tickets, instead it will be the apathetic ones that aren't making the trip because [insert cr@p excuse here].

Why should the ones making the trip up to Anfield be prioritised over season ticket holders?

Look how angry this clown gets at what other human beings decide to do with their lives! :lol: Comedy gold :lol: Some people are remarkably interesting, I'd love to interview this guy and give him some psychiatric tests, fascinating results would ensue.

Why should the ones making the trip up to Anfield be prioritised over season ticket holders?

They wont be. IF we get to the final we will have around 31k tickets. I believe we have around 22k season ticket holders (?) so this would leave another 9,000 spare tickets that could be prioritised for people who went to the semi final away. Obviously they won't do it that way as there will be a window for members and quite rightly so as they've paid for that privilege earlier in the season.

I believe I've already stated why. Back to you, why should they?

Because, like it or not, season ticket holders make an upfront financial commitment to the club to buy a ticket for every home game. It's a guaranteed income stream that the club can count on (as opposed to walk up sales which are variable). Part of the season ticket package includes priority for away and cup tickets.

Yeah, if I don't enjoy the day it's not worth me spending the money dipsh*t. We were playing sh*te when getting relegated from the Championship and for large parts of the first season in league one, but I still went because it wasn't costing me a huge chunk of my wages to do so. Hasn't changed how passionate I am about the club.

Don't try to lecture me on modern football fans Alex, i'm older than you and have no doubt been going regularly for longer, including the entire Championship relegation season travelling on my own from Weymouth.

Edited by Saint_clark

I believe I've already stated why. Back to you, why should they?

It's pretty irrelevant anyway.

1. We won't get there

2. If we do, everyone who wants one will get one.

Fwiw I believe all away tickets should be proritised like this;

X amount aways +ST holder

X amount aways

ST holders

Members

Yeah, if I don't enjoy the day it's not worth me spending the money dipsh*t. We were playing sh*te when getting relegated from the Championship and for large parts of the first season in league one, but I still went because it wasn't costing me a huge chunk of my wages to do so. Hasn't changed how passionate I am about the club.

Don't try tolecture me on modern football fans Alex, i'm older than you and have no doubt been going regularly for longer, including the entire Championship relegation season travelling on my own from Weymouth.

You said before you're not renewing because of style of play. And now it's because you don't enjoy the day, which is fair enough. But not going just because of style of play is a poor excuse to stop going to football. Using first names, bit divvy, whoever you are

mine were £30 as well,bought ages ago and booked hotel just incase,as we've something to play for,

Now,i cant wait.

Shame all those who will be demanding a ticket for the final couldnt make the effort.

ITS A SEMI FINAL WITH WEMBLEY 90 MINUTES AWAY ,cant believe we were unable to sell the full allocation,wether we aren't playing well doesn't even come into the equation,its saints ffs,get up there and support the lads

mine were £30 as well,bought ages ago and booked hotel just incase,as we've something to play for,

Now,i cant wait.

Shame all those who will be demanding a ticket for the final couldnt make the effort.

ITS A SEMI FINAL WITH WEMBLEY 90 MINUTES AWAY ,cant believe we were unable to sell the full allocation,wether we aren't playing well doesn't even come into the equation,its saints ffs,get up there and support the lads

Me too. £45 return from Hamble. Hotel bang in the city centre £28. Both booked as soon as the draw was made. I'll be missing waking up and seeing my son open his birthday presents on Thursday morning but he doesn't care. Him and his brother are both jealous they can't come too but I'm not sure the school would be too happy if they missed a day because of a football match.

Give it a rest guys, it's a pathetic argument. Everybody has different reasons for going or not going. It's a midweek in January, not long after Christmas and quite a number of European aways which many people splashed out on. Maybe it's a sign of confidence that we all know we'll get through and our saving our money for February, let alone all the other commitments people have..

Personally I shall be in the mountains and trying to persuade my girlfriend to trek around town with me to find a bar which might possibly be showing it. As she hates football that's going to be a task in itself...

There's every possibility of that happening at any time. We were apparently quite good last season but still took a 6-1 shoeing at home to Liverpool.

If that's genuinely impacting people's attendance at games, then I'd suggest that perhaps football - or sport in general - isn't for them.

I'm quite pleased with the £60 return flights to Manchester and £50 for two nights hotel we booked in early December. Nothing like a bit of planning. :)

We'd have gone even if we'd lost the first leg 6-1... but not booked it if we were still in Europe because I didn't have any leave left in that eventuality. Didn't go to Arsenal in the previous round due to work commitments and keeping leave for Europe.

Edited by The9

You guys are such super uber fans - I wish I didn't have unavoidable family commitments so I could be be super uber like you.ive only been going home and away for 35 odd years,been a season ticket holder uninterrupted since 1994 yes not so much away these days but that's just because I'm not such super uber like you. I can remember all of you at Roker Park on New Years Day in '89 on whenever it was.Just celebrate we are all Saints fans without being such massive cocks

You guys are such super uber fans - I wish I didn't have unavoidable family commitments so I could be be super uber like you.ive only been going home and away for 35 odd years,been a season ticket holder uninterrupted since 1994 yes not so much away these days but that's just because I'm not such super uber like you. I can remember all of you at Roker Park on New Years Day in '89 on whenever it was.Just celebrate we are all Saints fans without being such massive cocks

You completely miss the point.

No one is having a go at individuals here, but as a collective fan base this is a f*cking abysmal effort. We've got 21k season ticket holders, 10k members and thousands more with a purchase history and out of all that we've barely managed to sell 3000 . A lot of that is due to apathy and not being bothered.

Most teams with a decent support would have sold out easily for a game like this.

Me too. £45 return from Hamble. Hotel bang in the city centre £28. Both booked as soon as the draw was made. I'll be missing waking up and seeing my son open his birthday presents on Thursday morning but he doesn't care. Him and his brother are both jealous they can't come too but I'm not sure the school would be too happy if they missed a day because of a football match.

Yeah i bought away ticket as soon as they came available to members,can't wait! UTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone can come up with individual reasons as to why they can't go...but the truth is that as a collective effort this is fairly abysmal. How often are we in semi-finals? I think it is particularly odd considering how many we took to Sheff United two years ago. Regardless, this says something about the size of our fan base and what kind of club we are - something rather negative. No reason the club should ever consider taking a larger allocation for any game. I don't think we have even sold out Swansea away yet and we only took just over 1000 tickets for that.

For the people that didn't fancy it because "we were playing badly" - I don't think you know what supporting a football club means. I suggest you don't bother coming again.

I think the reality of football is coming home to roost. The attitude of Fonte, the bonkers wages, over supply on TV and this season very abject performances from Saints. A lot of fans probably realise we'll be taught a lesson at Anfield and having weird it up, especially with it being on TV, have decided to give it a miss.

I so hope I am wrong about the result but I don't think I will be.

I think the reality of football is coming home to roost. The attitude of Fonte, the bonkers wages, over supply on TV and this season very abject performances from Saints. A lot of fans probably realise we'll be taught a lesson at Anfield and having weird it up, especially with it being on TV, have decided to give it a miss.

I so hope I am wrong about the result but I don't think I will be.

How many have we sold?