Fonte.. Feb 4th . To boo or not??

manina-pub

You are so powerful - oh, I forgot, you wrote that because in the rea lworld you're not.

If you really want to know - I wrote it because the very idea sickens me somewhat. Why anyone would want to boo one of the clubs most loyal servants in recent years is, frankly beyond me.

Unfortunately though - I'm not powerful enough (as you put it) to stop the muppets.

Applause at the end of the game, if he comes over.

Our fans will probably chant his name during the game which will be cringeworthy as ****.

I don't think anyone will chant his name like they do for Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

A lot of people have been left with a sour taste by his departure.

As for OP, the answer is no. Close thread.

Our fans are making a bit of an embarrassing name for themselves by booing every ex player to death. Lallana left years ago and still gets booed.

Fonte deserves a light applause then forget about it. It's not hard to show a bit of class sometimes.

We should Spend the whole game ripping into our new signing on his home debut who has come to replace him. Lots of ironic cheering when he wins a header, shouts of "FFS *insert player name*" anytime he does something that isn't brilliant. Meanwhile cheering fontes every touch, a few 'he's one of our own' chants and a standing ovation when he leaves the pitch is what we usually do when someone comes back isn't it?

If you really want to know - I wrote it because the very idea sickens me somewhat. Why anyone would want to boo one of the clubs most loyal servants in recent years is, frankly beyond me.

Unfortunately though - I'm not powerful enough (as you put it) to stop the muppets.

Anybody who boos Fonte is a moron and can FO down the M27 to Farton Rust Shed as far as I'm concerned. I've got a ticket for the West Ham game and I'm far more likely to be booing Les Reed who has told porkies yet again and club's Telegraph pet scriber priming us for yet more desperate cost scrapings by not replacing Fonte.

I know Cortese tried the same stunt with Lambert but for Reed to do it without a replacement is game over for Les I'm afraid unless he pulls a couple of major signings out of the bag. The club appears to have low debts and strong assets in the richest league in the world yet desperately going after every penny like we did in the late 2000s when we were fighting administration.

Something is majorly not adding up at SFC presently.

Oh really....??

I don't think so..... he has moved on and in all honesty it is his loss....

Don't give him any attention at all... A player who gave good service got paid well and then his age cauhgt up with him and mistakes became regular...

Forgive and forget...

A typical West Ham signing.... not a great loss for us at this time and a rapidly fading light...

Deserves one "Jose Fonte baby" when he warms up and applause at the end . Anyone who boos him is a ****ing idiot. I went to the Mayflower do a few years back when loads of ex players appeared on stage and were given a great reception and respect. In 20 years time I'm hoping our promotion wining side could come back or go to a similar event and ALL of them receive a great welcome . It's time to end this nonsense of hating them . Walcott , Bale & AOC don't get it, yet they bailed out without doing **** all for our club. The journey from league one was fantastic, unforgettable , and the guys who were there the whole time deserve some respect. Hopefully time will heal some of the nonsense .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Deserves one "Jose Fonte baby" when he warms up and applause at the end . Anyone who boos him is a ****ing idiot. I went to the Mayflower do a few years back when loads of ex players appeared on stage and were given a great reception and respect. In 20 years time I'm hoping our promotion wining side could come back or go to a similar event and ALL of them receive a great welcome . It's time to end this nonsense of hating them . Walcott , Bale & AOC don't get it, yet they bailed out without doing **** all for our club. The journey from league one was fantastic, unforgettable , and the guys who were there the whole time deserve some respect. Hopefully time will heal some of the nonsense .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said tbh. Only maybe lallana of the promotion bunch should get any grumbles and in further he was great for us.

But seriously, anyone who believes the club and are slimey board on this are total morons. It is always the same, little ITK snippets on here, then let reporters in the press etc that tow the club line....

It's fonte off... Yeah yeah.. he such a billy big boy, a greedy bar steward etc... He upset the team....

So much that the players are coming out and saying they're gutted he's gone.

He went down a league, won at Wembley with us, took us to back to back promotions, took us to 8th, 7th, 6th in the league, got us in Europe twice.... And these dip****s that we have as fans think he's just another greedy player who has milked is for all he's worth.

It's clear he's been treated badly by the club this season, things have gone on behind closed doors and with only a few years left he had the choice of being marginalised and dropped, or making what he could of the club shoving him out. If he was a bad influence on the dressing room then our best players wouldn't be publicly stating they are upset at him leaving... Smacks of the impact the Lambert sale had and I suspect we'll see a similar exodus this summer.

The only ones who are "greedy" at our board. They have dismantled the cortese team forcefully now, fonte was the last. They have flogged our soul and link to the team at the first opportunity to get what money they can, and they don't reinvest it...

And yet, for some reason, we have fans that don't like it - but always it's the players fault, the managers fault, and not that of the board.

Our ambition left when we lost cortese. Poch went, the team went, koeman went, his team torn apart. The common denominator isnt that they are all greedy slimey men, it's our board.

Fonte deserves a hero's welcome, and he deserved to haved stayed here for a testimonial. As it is, from the golden team of a generation, only Kelvin got one. That is a bad joke and a failure by the board.