Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

You misunderstand me, my point was Sky use idiots as football experts like Merson, yet everyone jumps at them when they use a resource actual clubs use for scouting.

Merson may be an idiot, but he was a pro for a good number of years, and is better placed to judge a player than some lard arse with a laptop who was always the last to get picked for football in the school playground.

Making yourself sound a little bit stupid here mate. If you're not interested then why are you watching SSN?

Not every football fans wants to invest money and time playing a computer game, but most (obviously not you) football fans will be interested in the ability of a potential new signing.

As said previously, assuming the researcher is any good, the stats will be a lot more accurate than you'd expect.

I'm not interested in football manager stats so that means I shouldn't be watching sky sports news just because they do a 20 second bit on it every now and then? Ok :lol:

My point is, they don't need to link signings to football manager stats and fifa ratings. There are other less embarrassing ways of putting across a players stats, I.E what they've actually achieved when actually playing in actual real life. I couldn't give a toss what a players bravery rating is on a video game ffs. :lol:

Oh Jay bottled it from that 50/50 then. If only we had Gabiadini, he has a 15 bravery rating on fifa! :lol:

Because we don't want to be inundated with football manager stats whilst watching the tv. If I wanted FM stats i'd buy the game. It's embarrassing.

Don't watch then.

Sky obviously think it's useful and so do others, which is pretty obvious because humans like things ranked and in numbers, it's easier to understand.

Plus with the 100s of signings going on all over the place they are not exactly going to get much better expert opinion, the FM researchers are dedicated fans of their club who watch those players over and over. No less valid than asking some random journalist from that country, yet people quite happily seem to accept those opinions, but because it's a from a computer game it's somehow less valid?

Makes no sense, like MLG says it's a pretty extensive and pretty accurate database, not using a resource like that seems silly to me. You don't take the stats as literal you take them as a guide to what people think the player's strengths and weaknesses are.

Sunderland willing to match our offer apparently now they have the Van Aanholt money.

Sounds like this saga will continue to roll on...

He'd be a bit of a prat to go there instead of joining us considering each clubs current situation. Saying that, if Sunderland offer a bigger wage then it's possible...

Sunderland willing to match our offer apparently now they have the Van Aanholt money.

Don't think it's realistic he'll go there given their current situation.

If we want it done, we'll get it done - just trying to get the best deal possible i'd imagine. Would be nice to have him on board for the Swansea game, especially if Jay is also out of that

I mean surely with our successes in transfer scouting surely all the other clubs need to do is ascertain who our real targets are and when they do jump in on it and offer more money. Everton and West Ham seem to have the sort of attitudes in their backroom that would deem this a morally decent move for sure.

Classic. Clubs cant agree fee, so random new club enters the fray 'willing' to meet asking price. I'm sure if we really want him, we'll agree the fee.

Plus as others have said, why on earth would you want to go to Sunderland right now?

He will not join sunderland, I am sure its the Napoli president putting it out there after seeing them get the cash for Van Arnholt and trying to put pressure on us.

"The other deal in the foreground is the one for Gabbiadini: yesterday his agent Silvio Pagliari, was in Milan to talk to Southampton but also with the leaders of Naples. The Saints are thinking to reformulate the offer, which does not move from the fixed bases (about 16 million) but that may vary over bonuses: 2 + 2, linked to appearances, goals (10-15) and ranking of the team, plus 10% to Napoli on future possible sale of Manolo. De Laurentiis has mandated not to accept offers of less than 20 million, having declined 23 Everton in the summer. Difficult for the Southampton increases the supply on the base station, you work with a vengeance with great confidence by the British, not quite reciprocated by Napoli."

http://sport.ilmattino.it/sscnapoli/napoli_gabbiadini_southampton_l_offerta_puo_essere_quella_giusta-2221419.html

Merson may be an idiot, but he was a pro for a good number of years, and is better placed to judge a player than some lard arse with a laptop who was always the last to get picked for football in the school playground.

Feel this absolutely bonkers post went unnoticed.

So you would trust the judgement of some spotty kid with a laptop who has never played the game over a drunk who at least played top flight football for nearly fifteen years, played for his country, and has a job watching football?

:lol: What the hell is a 'Beast Rating'? Sounds impressive!

I take it you don't have youngish boys. My 10 year old knows all about "beast ratings". Otherwise, I am with you and have no idea about these things. TBH I don't really take on board peoples opinions they are opinions. Ex-pros have more gravitas and I listen to them.

So you would trust the judgement of some spotty kid with a laptop who has never played the game over a drunk who at least played top flight football for nearly fifteen years, played for his country, and has a job watching football?

Merson has a job tying his shoelaces.

Merson isn't employed by Sky Sports for his football knowledge. He is there as a jester and figure of fun. Two large companies use me for my knowledge of Saints & football in genral. They don't use me as a figure of fun on an afternoon sports results programme, I'm paid for Saints knowledge by one of them and they both wouldn't bother if they didn't think I knew what I was talking about. I know some on this forum disagree with lots of the things I say, but many don't.

Merson isn't employed by Sky Sports for his football knowledge. He is there as a jester and figure of fun. Two large companies use me for my knowledge of Saints & football in genral. They don't use me as a figure of fun on an afternoon sports results programme, I'm paid for Saints knowledge by one of them and they both wouldn't bother if they didn't think I knew what I was talking about. I know some on this forum disagree with lots of the things I say, but many don't.

not for your knowledge of spelling 'general' then?

seriously then, who are you and what afternoon sports result programme uses you.

are you Garth Crooks?

What form does this Saints knowledge you speak of take? What is the qualification you possess as proof of learning this "knowledge"? Im curious as it sounds like there may well be an oppprtunity for others who have a great level of "Saints knowledge" to potentially seek employment in this realm.

Or us it as I suspect that your "knowledge" is statistical interpretation and opinion?

81018a5c4d7a38519af7491c1165f6df.jpg

You're such a d1ckhead and a lot of the time, you don't know what you're talking about.

From Google:

Gabbiadini -Southampton , it continues to treat. Agreement with Napoli on standby, waiting for the British raise their offer, stops when 16 million plus 4 bonus and a 10% discount on future sales. De Laurentiis would like to prevent Gabbiadini to explode just after the transfer by the club blue. Between Southampton and the tip of the Naples agreement already exists: contract until 2,021,000,000 to 2.5000000 per season. T ra assumptions made by the president blue is that of renewal (the contract expires in 2018) and the loan for a year and a half. However the solution is unwelcome to the tip of Bergamo, who does not want to go out on loan and does not intend to renew. Developments are expected.

Pick the bones out of that !

From Google:

Gabbiadini -Southampton , it continues to treat. Agreement with Napoli on standby, waiting for the British raise their offer, stops when 16 million plus 4 bonus and a 10% discount on future sales. De Laurentiis would like to prevent Gabbiadini to explode just after the transfer by the club blue. Between Southampton and the tip of the Naples agreement already exists: contract until 2,021,000,000 to 2.5000000 per season. T ra assumptions made by the president blue is that of renewal (the contract expires in 2018) and the loan for a year and a half. However the solution is unwelcome to the tip of Bergamo, who does not want to go out on loan and does not intend to renew. Developments are expected.

That looks a bit worrying now. There is no longer a mention about squaring circles.

From Google:

I hope he doesn't explode after the transfer, too

Haven't you told them about your nickname on here?

latest?cb=20090713110933

Tell me, what level did you play at?

Seriously, two large companies using the Comical Ali of football message boards for an insight into football.

I've heard it all now. Even funnier than Rod Stewart doing the Scottish Cup draw on Sunday.

Tell me, what level did you play at?

Do great footballers make great managers, or does management require a different set of skills?

Being a reasonable-to-good quality player doesn't in any way indicate an ability to judge the potential of other players.

Also thanks to Manji for info

You must be conning them well - you didn't even know that football players where included in valuations of clubs!!!!

I say this not as someone with a dislike of you, I think you are truly one of the best posters here.

if you end up writing something over 200 characters stop - you're getting emotional and it's embarrassing.