Manolo Gabbiadini Signs - Official

SKD

I've not seen much of him, have had to go to YouTube to see what he is like. Only thing I can really deduce is that he has a lot of quality in that left foot and seems to have good awareness with his movement and a lot of composure and technique.

Hard to know how a player will adapt to another league but he does seem to have some quality.

Manolo Gabbiadini. This morning at Naples arrived, in fact, the final offer by the Southampton. The latest proposal of the Saints was 16 million fixed plus 4 million bonus and a percentage of future resale. A proposal now cleared up just being the variable: the bonuses may have been in fact increased or made more easily accessible. Today is the day of the inside or outside, because the player, because of medical visits, will have to fly possibly England tonight or tomorrow. At decisive for the future of Manolo Gabbiadini, Naples and Southampton the narrow end.

Doubt you'll see that very often.

Agree - be interesting to see where he fits in, and also where Puel sees Boufal fitting in. I know Redmond has had a bit of an up and down season so far, but we don't have another player who can run at players like Redmond.

I would expect Gabbiadini to play through the middle, atleast until Austin is back fit.

Agree - be interesting to see where he fits in, and also where Puel sees Boufal fitting in. I know Redmond has had a bit of an up and down season so far, but we don't have another player who can run at players like Redmond.

I would expect Gabbiadini to play through the middle, atleast until Austin is back fit.

Sims?

Are we going for "third time lucky" with unreliable Italian strikers?

Was Pelle unreliable? 80 games, 30 goals, 10 assists. Sure he had a lean spell or two, but was he unreliable? Of course it would have been nice to have scored 1 in 2 or better.

Sorry that's a bit odd isn't it so has a medical then on the bench?

If he comes on and takes a knock or in warm up? Or do you mean most of it we just do a scaled down version later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main part of medicals is to look for existing damage on old injuries/genetic issues.

The club should be in a position to confirm as soon as the bid is accepted, apparently!!

I suppose it's possible he's being allowed to say goodbye and might come on in the final minute or so.....however i must admit i find it strange as well that he is featuring tonight.

Not sure the rules of Italian football but it looks like Napoli have 10 subs and Palermo have 11 - so I guess it could just be filling the bench.

Not sure the rules of Italian football but it looks like Napoli have 10 subs and Palermo have 11 - so I guess it could just be filling the bench.

Italian clubs allowed 12 subs

By Adam Digby, Italian Correspondent

Clubs in Serie A will be name as many as 12 substitutes, with the measure taking effective immediately, after lobbying from a number of key figures.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) announced the rule change on Tuesday night following a formal request from the Serie A president Maurizio Beretta.

It means clubs competing in Serie A, Coppa Italia, Italian Super Coppa or Primavera league matches will be permitted the extra reserves.

One of the strongest advocates of the move was the Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis, who spoke to Sky Italia shortly after the announcement.

"I thank the international and national organisations that have introduced this rule of absolute common sense," he said.

"I made the proposal while ago because I thought it was important to give more choice to the coaches for changes during games, but also because it was unfair to send called up players to the stands as it threatened to see their value plummet. It proves it is not impossible to change the world of football, but we have stood still for too long."

His thoughts were echoed by the Palermo president Mauricio Zamparini, who said his club "have two players for every role, so we can only benefit from this new development".

However, Roma coach Zdenek Zeman told Corriere dello Sport: "It doesn't change much for me, as in my experience a total squad of 18 is sufficient."

This has all the makings of a classic transfer saga!

Oh why o why do we leave most transfers to the last hours when the need is so great ? Don,t buy into the money argument a few extra million is small beer in the overall picture or its so sir reed has an plausible soft out if there is a late insurmountable problem over the negotiations just wish he/the board would grow some balls or buy some quality players to kick them

Oh why o why do we leave most transfers to the last hours when the need is so great ? Don,t buy into the money argument a few extra million is small beer in the overall picture or its so sir reed has an plausible soft out if there is a late insurmountable problem over the negotiations just wish he/the board would grow some balls or buy some quality players to kick them

A lot of clubs won't release players until they get a replacement but I get your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk