We Are Marching On To Wembley!

Secret Site Agent

MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)  

503 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • Stephens
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • David
    • Redmond
    • Tadić
    • Rodriguez
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

What a performance and result! First half we were fantastic, second half we were getting a bit tired and sitting deeper, but after Sturridge's second miss and then Coutinho's miskick I did start to wonder (somewhat quietly to myself) if it might be our day - notwithstanding that we had squandered a fair few chances ourselves before then!

Forster's magnificent paw made up for another nearly-catastrophic error... the whole defence were splendid but Stephens barely put a foot wrong and Yoshida was a superhero playing through pain. Romeu was everywhere, and when he crunched Milner into the advertising, getting up and walking off as if to say "yeah? what about it?" :-)

I'm a fan of Tadic but he was anonymous, likewise I'm regularly frustrated by Redmond but he was tremendous first half. Davis had a great first half bar his atrocious finish but gave it away a fair bit second half (though most of the team did...)

Sims excellent when he came on, direct, positive but also assured. And what can you say about Shane "only needs 1 chance" Long?

WOOOO!

GTFI! Brilliant display made even more satisfying by the fact I watched it in Southsea where I'm working (I live in Kent) and where I witnessed a group of Portsmouth helmets acting all hard in the high street at about 7pm, looking forward to their big night out "watching the Scum get battered".

Hold my hands up and I admit I got it totally wrong by saying we didn't have a chance of winning over two legs. I am an arse for doubting and congratulations to Puel for this (especially without van Dijk).

The irony of Carragher moaning at half-time about Liverpool missing Mane was hilarious.

I watched the game in a pub in Surrey and 80% of the fans there were supporting the Scousers (yep, typical Surrey pub!)... I went a bit mental when Shane scored the goal. Was worth it to see the pub empty at that point though. On the verge of tears here now sitting at home. Soppy old date Trousers :)

Well, there we are.

What a performance. I honestly thought (with VvD out) that we would no way keep a clean sheet against such a strong line up.

how wrong was that.

what a game from Stephens and Romeu was a £30m+ player tonight. Epic performance

Fair play to Puel, Got it totally bang on against Liverpool not only tonight but over both games.

you fear the worst when you dont take your chances at Anfield. But a bit of luck and moody Sturridge, we got a well deserved victory

10/10 from the team AND manager.

COME ON HULL!!!!!

Without VvD, wow . One of the greatest performances in the clubs history considering the circumstances . Well done Puel , tactical masterpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be up there with the best performances in the Clubs history. Heroic, determined stuff in defence and lovely counter attacking Football. Thought Redmond had an excellent first half and showed that wide left is best spot. Yoshida, Romeu, Stephens were magnificent, and I thought our full backs, especially Bertrand gave us and edge over their counterparts - Bertrand covered so much ground in defence and gave us a counter attacking option time and again working with Redmond. Davis did many good things and Ward-Prowse did a tidy job until injured - in a way, his replacement Hjobjerg, tightened us up defensively at a time when we were coming under the cosh. And what a run and pass from Sims to pave the way for Long's finish - really was a night to savour.

Puel got it right tonight, keep it very tight and try and catch them on the break and it worked to a tee. Watching on Sky I kept a close eye on our back line and we kept our shape the entire game.

I have been sceptical of Puel but tonight our defence was a well oiled machine, especially when you consider it was makeshift. Well played the players and well done Puel but orchestrating it.

A wonderful evening and a mention to Cedric for making a controlled header for Sims to make the run for the goal. A huge hoof up the pitch to clear and win us a few seconds break would have been understandable, so hats off to Cedric for initiating the move.

There were times in the late second-half, nervous though I was, that the way our defence was laid out it looked well nigh impossible for any opposition to find any space. Liverpool could keep possession and pass it left, right, left, back to right again ... they were going nowhere, no penetration.

Hold my hands up and I admit I got it totally wrong by saying we didn't have a chance of winning over two legs. I am an arse for doubting and congratulations to Puel for this (especially without van Dijk).

The irony of Carragher moaning at half-time about Liverpool missing Mane was hilarious.

Those Match Of The Millennium books of yours Dunc just keep on needing new chapters.....

Finally got home with Mum and newborn, sat down to watch with baby! God knows how baby didn't end up on the other side of the room when Long scored.

Amazing

My wife was 8 months pregnant in 1976 when Bobby Stokes. She was sitting on he floor and my daughter nearly dropped out there and then.

Congratulations, you've got some wonderful times ahead. And there'll be somebody to look after you when you get old ?

I found watching the game incredibly stressful....apart from the last couple of minutes :D

Enjoyed reading through this thread though and seeing us all - team, squad, manager, fans- so united tonight.

We thoroughly deserve our place after 4 clean sheets against Premier opposition and outplaying Lpool twice :)

Hard to pick MOTM - Stephens, Yoshi, Romeu, Redmond, Davis, Sims, Long were all outstanding.

As said above, all of the players will be doing their best to cement a starting place at Wembley now, so we should see our form and luck change.

I can see us winning this against manure!

In the meantime....Bring on Arsenal!

Fair play , but you also gonna stop this Redmond is a championship player nonsense as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carragher very complimentary generally