We Are Marching On To Wembley!

Secret Site Agent

MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)  

503 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Liverpool (EFL Cup SF 2nd Leg)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • Yoshida
    • Stephens
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • David
    • Redmond
    • Tadić
    • Rodriguez
    • Long
    • Højbjerg
    • Sims

That feeling when the second goal went in sums up why I'm proud to be a fan of a team like Saints. All those plastics out there will never understand that sheer emotional overload and would view this as just another cup final, they'll never appreciate it the way we do.

Nail on head. I went ape**** in my front room like never before..

The rotation system has enable younger players the chance. Sam McQueen, Hesketh, Reed, Stephens, Sims.

The system shows that we don't have to spend big money to solve problems. Time allows us to develop the solutions.

Puel you are the master when it comes to developing potential!

Lost my stream half way through the second half and only got it back sporadically towards the end. I had Bet365 open in another tab and when I heard the crowd sound effect they play when there is a goal in the match you are following, I feared the worst. Clicked on it to see and it took a few moments to sink in that it was us who had scored.

Just phenomenal. Getting to watch Saints play at the San Siro and at Wembley in the same season - all you Puel critics can just f*** off.

Watched the game on my iPad in the bar of a hotel just outside San Francisco.

Seriously nerve wracking 90 mins, then went apesh!t when we scored. The few lunchtime residents in the bar gave me some pretty strange looks. Thought we we excellent throughout the team.

Both my lads at the game too, proud of the noise our support made.

Wembley here we come!!!

When That goal went in... Probs my best moment as a football fan. The release of pent up tension from the rest of the game - I was running around the living room screaming like a madman! Success just means so much more to fans of smaller clubs like us - utter elation. And the record of making the final without conceding should stand for a long time yet!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make Wembley due to work commitments which is gutting but today is a day for celebration!

At half time I had to go outside as the girls had switched over to see a bit of drivel on ITV. Pacing about I thought I have felt like this before, in 1979 Saints 1-0 up and having to listen on a faint Solent signal in my bedroom. You would think being in my 50s I would have grown out of the fidgety cold sweats, but I guess being able to see all the action as it happens before your eyes in full colour doesn't help at all.......... when Fraser pawed that ball away I dared to think for a moment "oh hello?".

When Shane Scored my Wife and Daughter were out of their seats I was slightly delayed as I couldn't believe it had gone in.

I guess the ticket price might have increased slightly from the £2.50 my ticket cost for the 1979 final.

When That goal went in... Probs my best moment as a football fan. The release of pent up tension from the rest of the game - I was running around the living room screaming like a madman! Success just means so much more to fans of smaller clubs like us - utter elation. And the record of making the final without conceding should stand for a long time yet!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make Wembley due to work commitments which is gutting but today is a day for celebration!

Yep. I went absolutely ****ing chicken oriental when longy scored. Was expecting the cops to show up at my door.

What a feeling. THIS is why we endure those spirit crushing defeats to Burnley etc but still carry on cheering for our beloved Saints. Never forget the lack of enthusiasm Arsenal and their fans had when they won the cup in 03. Spoiled brats. This is far better.

That was way too much stress for someone of my advanced age and weight. It was all released when Long scored.... we still can't find the cat :)

All heroes but what a debut for young Stephens, very impressive.

I celebrate my 50 anniversary as an emotional slave to Saints this year, what a rollercoaster and a 6th trip to Wembley. Lost 3 won 2 so far, let's see if they can even the score.

I watched the game with a Bradford City fan. We'll never appreciate it the way they do, either!

What a beautiful night, though. Now to get cover at work for that Sunday...

Well so special and made even more special by beating Liverhampton who mosned about a ball that hit someone's shoulder, a completely fair tackle in the pen area, the errrr 'wind' and the fact they didn't have Mane.. Well neither did we !!!!!!

Next excuse please !!!!

Poor losers

I am getting sick of the "life without Mane" excuse from Liverpool. The irony is lost on them.

Liverpool (Life without Mane) : 6 matches : 4 goals ~ 1W-2D-3L

Southampton (Life without Mane) : 35 matches : 37 goals ~ 15W-9D-11L

I reckon we are managing "life without Mane" a bit better, eh?

Just arrived home.

I said to my lad at half time 'we ain't losing tonight' - I had a feeling our goal was charmed. Didn't see us scoring (well I did as it was in front of me), but just had a feeling it was our night.

Just how good were Yoshida & Romeu?? Bloody hell 10 out of 10 for both of them.

Outstanding!!

Loved Lallana & Lovrens faces as they went off too.

Very very happy!!!!

Been watching our goal over and over. Brilliant.

Sims picks up the ball from a Liverpool corner at the edge of the Saints penalty area; he runs all the way down the pitch with just six touches of the ball. And Shane Long runs even further to receive Sim's pass, and buries the ball in the Liverpool net. Wonderful!

:adore:

Got home about 30mins ago and I'm still shaking with the adrenaline. The carnage when we scored is something I'll never forget. I never thought I'd cry at a game but I just couldn't help myself.

I said to me son after the last game that we'd win 1-0 in the 90th min and Jay Rod would score it and I never doubted, not once, that we'd do it.

And to think, the wan_kers who decide not to go because we weren't playing well or you didn't like the manager. I hope you regret that decision for the rest of your days but rest assured, those of us that were there will never, ever forget the experience.

I'm over the moon to be going to Wembley. But my god I can't stop thinking about that complete ***** Sam Matterface and his 'Koeman is a winner' headline about us, whilst we reach a final and Koeman goes out in the first round of both cups. Would love to win it purely to shove that down the skate bastards neck.

I'm over the moon to be going to Wembley. But my god I can't stop thinking about that complete ***** Sam Matterface and his 'Koeman is a winner' headline about us, whilst we reach a final and Koeman goes out in the first round of both cups. Would love to win it purely to shove that down the skate bastards neck.

I hadn't given Ron a moment's thought, but since you mention him, I thought I would share this from the Everton forum, (and this was posted yesterday)

"I'm sure when they're finishing bottom half with no Europe that all the Southampton fans will be made up that Puel at least brought through a few kids (even if they're not good enough).

Southampton are getting worse, I think quite a few if they put their bitterness aside would gladly have Koeman back."

hahahahaahaha