Saints fans tonight

Pilchards

Where I live in the north Midlands there are an inordinate amount of plastic dippers, even more than Utd. Last night my lad and I had cricket nets with a few, who shockingly had actually been at the game. They all said how our fans never stopped from whistle to whistle and that they'd hadn't seen chaos in the away end like that for years when we scored.

Physically I haven't quite recovered from Wednesday. Never been so drained, both physically and mentally, by a game in a very long time, if indeed, ever.

All my life I've been waiting for that moment, a last minute winner, against one of the big boys, in a genuinely massive game. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Where I live in the north Midlands there are an inordinate amount of plastic dippers, even more than Utd. Last night my lad and I had cricket nets with a few, who shockingly had actually been at the game. They all said how our fans never stopped from whistle to whistle and that they'd hadn't seen chaos in the away end like that for years when we scored.

Physically I haven't quite recovered from Wednesday. Never been so drained, both physically and mentally, by a game in a very long time, if indeed, ever.

All my life I've been waiting for that moment, a last minute winner, against one of the big boys, in a genuinely massive game. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Was magical and mayhem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing the back of the net bulge after Long hit the shot was pure bliss. I cant remember a goal celebration like that since May 1976 or maybe Pompey 1984. The fans were magnificent, even though the tension was unbearable at times. To be able to relax (even Saints of old would be hard pushed to mess that up) for the last two minutes and sing our hearts out was the icing on the cake. And what a great place to celebrate the victory - in Matthew Street until the early hours watching live music with a large number of very happy Saints fans. If Carlsberg did away days ........................!!

Here's a list of some of the best footage posted on Twitter, for those of you who don't use it. Enjoy:

Saints' video of the fans singing 'que sera, sera' after the game':

A fan who managed to record the goal as it went in!

More 'que sera, sera' as the players throw their shirts in after the final whistle, filmed by a fan.

Another fan who managed to film the goal going in

Bizarre video of the day probably goes to this guy, spotting Sam Vokes of Burnley in the away end singing 'que sera, sera'

Proper footage of the bundle and euphoria in slo-mo, courtesy of the club themselves

And I know this has been posted already, but this clip of the goal with the titanic music accompanying it is sublime

https://twitter.com/Ahoybjerg/status/824398129260793856

From the scousers point of view :)

I've got quite a few where I work in North Yorkshire and they all said we deserved the win and we're the better team, unusually gracious in defeat. The day after the game I had a meeting with a client in Newcastle who commented on how impressive the atmosphere was in our end and how great our fans looked and sounded.

It was a decent effort form us and far fewer freak shows than we usually have at away games. Hat c*nt was there and even he was a bit less of a bell end than normal. Long may it continue!

From the scousers point of view :)

Things I love about this video even forgetting the scousers reactions: 1. Seeing the bench erupt. 2. Seeing the fans going mental (wish it was a clearer pictures though). 3. Seeing the players all going mental and swarming towards Long.

This.

I wasn't there in 76 or Fratton in 84. I was at Anfield though. I'll take that memory to my grave with me. I'm not sure that goal celebration will ever be topped.

I arrived a couple of minutes after the start to find our lot stunned into shocked silence, by Puel's hapless and weird 'throw-in-the towel' team selection I guess.

Also not helped by the number of Arsenal supporters sat all around the stadium - there was certainly a fair few near us in the Itchen North.

Combine that with supposed home fans who clearly hadn't been to any football match in the past 10 years and it's hardly surprising the atmosphere was low key.

Also not helped by the number of Arsenal supporters sat all around the stadium - there was certainly a fair few near us in the Itchen North.

Combine that with supposed home fans who clearly hadn't been to any football match in the past 10 years and it's hardly surprising the atmosphere was low key.

There were some in block 12. One 2 seats from me got quite excited when they had their first attack so I leaned over and had a go. He kept quiet for the rest of the game but there were a couple of others a few rows away who did celebrate.

Funniest incident was one chap smoking an e-cigarette who the stewards spotted and came to have a word. They then saw his mate had a bottle of beer and threw him out instead.