Saints fans tonight

Pilchards

Was watching in an Irish pub in Madrid. Mainly Liverpool fans and heard a few mentioning how much noise the saints fans were making. Great stuff, well done to everyone who made the trip... sure it was a night to remember.

Question is... can you do it on a Sunday lunchtime at stoke?

Sounded fantastic on tv. Well done for out-singing the Kop.

I only really get to London away games now and the fans are always loud!

Time for a song for Puel?

Really not hard, absolutely pathetic atmosphere and I really don't understand why it'd hyped up the way it is. It always sounds better on TV due to the placement of microphones and very large speakers playing you'll never walk alone before the game.

Hate to say it but I'm sure the fact that it was a hardcore of our support last night and not the big game day trippers made a huge difference.

Great away support from us and THAT celebration when long scored will live for me for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That goal celebration was a bit mad, feel sorry for the old, young and infirm at moments like that!

Great hearing the old Wembley songs get an airing, used to hear them at every cup game, cracking sing song at the end, Saints end was still bouncing well after the final whistle.

Edited by Sour Mash

Hate to say it but I'm sure the fact that it was a hardcore of our support last night and not the big game day trippers made a huge difference.

Great away support from us and THAT celebration when long scored will live for me for a long time

Yep. That was proper support. No moaning day trippers complaining that people are standing up, just 3500 committed fans in full voice for 90mins. You heard not a negative word from anyone just total support for the XI on the pitch.

I'm in bits this morning, utterly drained but to be there behind that goal when the net rippled was worth everything, although my legs disagree today, they're battered.

To see the club I love nearly disappear, to see it rebuild and come back stronger and now to get to Wembley, wonderful.

Yep. That was proper support. No moaning day trippers complaining that people are standing up, just 3500 committed fans in full voice for 90mins. You heard not a negative word from anyone just total support for the XI on the pitch.

I'm in bits this morning, utterly drained but to be there behind that goal when the net rippled was worth everything, although my legs disagree today, they're battered.

To see the club I love nearly disappear, to see it rebuild and come back stronger and now to get to Wembley, wonderful.

For some reason with only the hardcore there to support the lads i had a funny old feeling it was going to be one of those nights..Anfield is not an intimidating ground to play at anymore. When there fans sung we hit back, wave after wave of continuous blasting songs out, we were not going to be beat last night and the players fed off that attitude.

That will live with me for a very long time, oh and Lovren your still a c*** :D

That was proper decent support. I'm not sure that celebration will ever leave me.

Is there any decent clips? The TV footage of the goal cuts to Long and then Puel and you don't get to see us going nuts.

I didnt see any, the cameras were too keen on the players and manager, but to be fair they were pretty good pictures. When the goal went in it reminded me of how the fans wre when we scored at FP in 84

That was proper decent support. I'm not sure that celebration will ever leave me.

Is there any decent clips? The TV footage of the goal cuts to Long and then Puel and you don't get to see us going nuts.

I saw one on the Saints official Facebook page that focused on the fans. Looked absolutely mental.

I didnt see any, the cameras were too keen on the players and manager, but to be fair they were pretty good pictures. When the goal went in it reminded me of how the fans wre when we scored at FP in 84

The fact that aren't videos is why the support was so good. Instead filming on their phones the day out our support was getting involved.

And that celebration!!! My shins look like they've gone ten rounds with mike Tyson today but I don't care

Here's a list of some of the best footage posted on Twitter, for those of you who don't use it. Enjoy:

Saints' video of the fans singing 'que sera, sera' after the game':

A fan who managed to record the goal as it went in!

More 'que sera, sera' as the players throw their shirts in after the final whistle, filmed by a fan.

Another fan who managed to film the goal going in

Bizarre video of the day probably goes to this guy, spotting Sam Vokes of Burnley in the away end singing 'que sera, sera'

Proper footage of the bundle and euphoria in slo-mo, courtesy of the club themselves

And I know this has been posted already, but this clip of the goal with the titanic music accompanying it is sublime

https://twitter.com/Ahoybjerg/status/824398129260793856

Just got in from work. Absolutely shattered. The traffic back was awful and had to drop friends home too. Got to bed at 5am but was too buzzing to sleep until 6am. Got up at 7am. So so worth it just for that goal. The whole game was so tense. But the bundles when the ball hit the net were incredible. Better than any Pompey game. Better than Derby in the playoffs. Better than promotion.

I was only a few rows back in the corner. To me our noise actually didn't seem that loud. It felt really nervous. Still decent but cautious. Probably just my positioning.

Thank you Shane. Thank you Saints.

Here's a list of some of the best footage posted on Twitter, for those of you who don't use it. Enjoy:

Saints' video of the fans singing 'que sera, sera' after the game':

A fan who managed to record the goal as it went in!

More 'que sera, sera' as the players throw their shirts in after the final whistle, filmed by a fan.

Another fan who managed to film the goal going in

Bizarre video of the day probably goes to this guy, spotting Sam Vokes of Burnley in the away end singing 'que sera, sera'

Proper footage of the bundle and euphoria in slo-mo, courtesy of the club themselves

And I know this has been posted already, but this clip of the goal with the titanic music accompanying it is sublime

https://twitter.com/Ahoybjerg/status/824398129260793856

Sam is from Southampton and his dad is a massive Saints fan. Given that Burnley/Manchester is only an hour or so away from Liverpool, I wouldn't say it's that bizarre at all.

Sam is from Southampton and his dad is a massive Saints fan. Given that Burnley/Manchester is only an hour or so away from Liverpool, I wouldn't say it's that bizarre at all.

Yeah I know he had strong Southampton connections but its still not often you see a team from another Premier League team sitting in the away end supporting someone else!

Also, can we not sing 'he's one of our own' about Jack Stephens as he really isn't. It'd be like Arsenal singing that about Walcott or AOC.

And why did we sing "Come on You Reds" when we're playing Liverpool, Come on You Saints would have been better!

The fact that aren't videos is why the support was so good. Instead filming on their phones the day out our support was getting involved.

And that celebration!!! My shins look like they've gone ten rounds with mike Tyson today but I don't care

Know the feeling, got several lumps and bruises on my legs. But so worth it, the whole end went mental.

Well done every one of you as your voices were heard from the very start.

IMHO you lifted them from the off, Safe journey home guys.

Was brilliant, tense, nerve wracking, unbelievable and then exploded with joy when long scored! What a night