Best Excuse from a Part Timer for a Cup Final Ticket off ya

JackanorySFC

Let's have it right, most on here *****, moan, complain and rarely see eye to eye (apart from beautiful nights like tonight) but we all give a **** enough to go whenever we can. Let's keep this thread open for the tales of once a decade (if we're lucky) ponces trying to chum up to us regulars in the hope of getting a +1.

Remember Cardiff loads of clowns from School I hadn't seen in years that (used to?) support United/ Rugby etc somehow getting tickets for the game. Guarantee there will be plenty more this time.

I got my tickets for the 1979 League Cup final from Lawrie McMenemy!

I was 14 at the time living as far north in Hampshire as you could get from Southampton, I had no way of getting to Southampton when the tickets would be on sale, so having written to Lawrie a few times, and got replies (I still have them somewhere). I decided to write to him again and explain my predicament, my Mum wrote a cheque for the necessary £5 (I needed a ticket for my Dad to take me there too) and posted the letter for me.

I got home from school on the Thursday and my Mum says there's a letter on the side for you with a Southampton postmark. I eagerly opened it and there inside was my letter, oh, with a note written in the corner:

"Mrs Gardiner my secretary reminded me that you write quite often, please find enclosed the 2 tickets you requested".

Wow what a sudden rush of excitement, cheering, crying, bouncing round the house, not knowing who to tell first......... probably stopped me from wetting myself!

As a 16 year old, queued up all night at the dell for a 76 semi final ticket, but missed out on a ticket for the final. Vowed then I would move heaven and earth to get tickets for any future final (or Wembley game). So far have managed charity shield ( was still a novelty back then), '78 league cup final, ZDS final, 2003 FA cup final, and the JPT final (even though i had since moved to Australia). Surely somebody is going to help me (and the Mrs, who has naturally been converted) to get a couple of tickets?? (Please....lol)

**** the lot of you if you couldn't be ****ed with the semi final you don't ****ing deserve a ****ing final ticket you ****s.

I made the first leg but not the away leg due to work commitments, I have 3 season tickets and go to at least 6 away games and FA cup games etc every season !

Does that mean I don't deserve one ***t ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** the lot of you if you couldn't be ****ed with the semi final you don't ****ing deserve a ****ing final ticket you ****s.

Better add in the 12,000 who didn't say "oh no! not Crystal ****ing Palace again, I can't be ****d to go to and watch watch that ***t"................ If only to create an atmosphere at half time with queues for a beer and the toilets!

better add in the poor sods who witnessed an absolute dog turd of a game in Prague too!

I got my tickets for the 1979 League Cup final from Lawrie McMenemy!

I was 14 at the time living as far north in Hampshire as you could get from Southampton, I had no way of getting to Southampton when the tickets would be on sale, so having written to Lawrie a few times, and got replies (I still have them somewhere). I decided to write to him again and explain my predicament, my Mum wrote a cheque for the necessary £5 (I needed a ticket for my Dad to take me there too) and posted the letter for me.

I got home from school on the Thursday and my Mum says there's a letter on the side for you with a Southampton postmark. I eagerly opened it and there inside was my letter, oh, with a note written in the corner:

"Mrs Gardiner my secretary reminded me that you write quite often, please find enclosed the 2 tickets you requested".

Wow what a sudden rush of excitement, cheering, crying, bouncing round the house, not knowing who to tell first......... probably stopped me from wetting myself!

A heartwarming story mate....

I'll happily admit to being a part timer (only 2 home and 1 away so far this season) who'll be looking for a Wembley ticket. :-)

I also accept that there are thousands of other fans who deserve to be ahead of me in the queue so I won't take it personally if it sells out before I get a chance to buy.

It's a weird situation. I totally agree STH's should get priority along with people that went to the earlier rounds.

What is wrong though, is that allowing STH's to buy an extra ticket, means lots of others can jump the queue if they know a STH.

So is it +1 for all season ticket holders? How many season tickets did we sell this season?

In 76 I had a 'cup-tie voucher' which I got at a home game in either October/November. I always thought it was against Oldham, but we didn't play them until the end of Jan 76 so my memory is playing tricks. That got me my final ticket. I also had a ticket stub from the quarter-final in Bradford and that got me another ticket by queuing up overnight after we'd beaten Hull in the last game of the season.

It's a weird situation. I totally agree STH's should get priority along with people that went to the earlier rounds.

What is wrong though, is that allowing STH's to buy an extra ticket, means lots of others can jump the queue if they know a STH.

No chance that season ticket holders will be allowed an extra ticket.

There wont be any "cant be arsed" or family commitments, unable to get time off work, surprise great aunt birthdays, too far to go on a sunday, cant make it due to the roadworks, don't want to watch boring claudes boring team etc for this one. They'll all be out, even the historian will be there with bells on despite the competition being the greatest threat to our season.

Personally I think everyone that could be arsed last night should be guaranteed a ticket, but they wont be.

There wont be any "cant be arsed" or family commitments, unable to get time off work, surprise great aunt birthdays, too far to go on a sunday, cant make it due to the roadworks, don't want to watch boring claudes boring team etc for this one. They'll all be out, even the historian will be there with bells on despite the competition being the greatest threat to our season.

Personally I think everyone that could be arsed last night should be guaranteed a ticket, but they wont be.

They will. I'm fairly confident that any ST / Membership holder with purchase history will get a ticket.

I might have been slightly drunk when I wrote that.

Thinking about it, I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't there last night. Seeing that goal go in was absolutely incredible. All the crappy away performances at Prague, Hull etc were forgotten when Long slammed in the winner. What a night.

I'll happily admit to being a part timer (only 2 home and 1 away so far this season) who'll be looking for a Wembley ticket. :-)

I also accept that there are thousands of other fans who deserve to be ahead of me in the queue so I won't take it personally if it sells out before I get a chance to buy.

This is the view of any right minded 'part-timer'. Calm down die-hards!

I might have been slightly drunk when I wrote that.

Thinking about it, I feel sorry for anyone who wasn't there last night. Seeing that goal go in was absolutely incredible. All the crappy away performances at Prague, Hull etc were forgotten when Long slammed in the winner. What a night.

:lol: fair play.

I have the utmost respect for all who made the trip last night. Yes it was a semi final but a round trip to Liverpool on a Wednesday evening is a big ask. Totally agree with others that all who made the effort should be the first to be offered a ticket for the final.

In 76 I had a 'cup-tie voucher' which I got at a home game in either October/November. I always thought it was against Oldham, but we didn't play them until the end of Jan 76 so my memory is playing tricks. That got me my final ticket. I also had a ticket stub from the quarter-final in Bradford and that got me another ticket by queuing up overnight after we'd beaten Hull in the last game of the season.

Yep it was definitely Oldham. A cold day but well worth the reward of a voucher which got me top The semi final and Final.

They always chose a match against a team that with all due respect to the opposition would be viewed as not a crowd puller and with a small away following during the cold winter.

Anybody that really wants a ticket will get one. It's as simple as that.

No doubt there will be plenty available outside of the official routes there is nearly 30'000 tickets going to other thing for starters that always land up in the hands of 're-sellers'

No doubt there will be plenty available outside of the official routes there is nearly 30'000 tickets going to other thing for starters that always land up in the hands of 're-sellers'

Absolutely appalling really. 1/3 of the allocation going to corporate who will no doubt be united fans!

A friend from an old workplace messaged a few of our old work group asking if anyone knew how she could get Man United tickets for her dad (they're from South Wales). I said I'd be doing my best to get tickets, but not for her. Somewhat annoyingly one of the guys did seem to have a possible way of getting United tickets, might need to see if he has similar access to the Saints end!

It does annoy me that the entire middle tier is club Wembley, you know that the majority of these corporate seats will be filled by Prawn sandwich Man Utd fans yet it will split our support in half with upper and lower tiers divided by a tier of United corporate types.

Not sure if I'll manage to get a ticket myself, ridiculous away game attendance is not taken into account , it shows the club don't really value the fans who make the effort to support the team over land and sea.

It does annoy me that the entire middle tier is club Wembley, you know that the majority of these corporate seats will be filled by Prawn sandwich Man Utd fans yet it will split our support in half with upper and lower tiers divided by a tier of United corporate types.

Not sure if I'll manage to get a ticket myself, ridiculous away game attendance is not taken into account , it shows the club don't really value the fans who make the effort to support the team over land and sea.

Maybe Saints fans in the upper tier should create a "rain of prawns" on any United supporting Club Wembley seats below them.

This with regards to away tickets not counting! But even if i won't experience Wembley it has been amazing to do Milan and Anfield!!

the football business values the customers that provide them with the most income.

I've been allocated 1 via Northern Saints but my nipper has dipped out, he has 1 less than me, as he had a comp' for Stoke away as his team were on the pitch do the flag waving thing pre-KO. If the club were taking home and aways into consideration then we'd have ample as be got our Europa tickets via them.

If I can't get us a pair together then I'll not be going. Can't go without my lad.

There will be at least 2 saints fans in the club Wembley section :)

I agree with you, had plenty of games but only one of them was at home so won't get one through the club. It's completely ridiculous that away games don't matter. It's not like they gave decent amounts of tickets to supporters groups either, northern saints just got their standard allocation for a match.

Although club Wembley might be full of corporates the following are on the banned list

Replica shirts

Face paints

Hats (no jester hats)

Anything with a club emblem

Foam hands

So in many ways it sounds like heaven.

There will be at least 2 saints fans in the club Wembley section :)

I agree with you, had plenty of games but only one of them was at home so won't get one through the club. It's completely ridiculous that away games don't matter. It's not like they gave decent amounts of tickets to supporters groups either, northern saints just got their standard allocation for a match.

Although club Wembley might be full of corporates the following are on the banned list

Replica shirts

Face paints

Hats (no jester hats)

Anything with a club emblem

Foam hands

So in many ways it sounds like heaven.

Still absolutely fuming about this. I have only been to 5 home games, but have done 7 aways- I don't live near Southampton at the moment. Feels like a total slap in the face by the club.

I have traveled to the likes of Israel and the unattractive northern aways, but someone who lives in Southampton and has strolled to a few home games is in a better position than me. I'm not saying it should give me some sort of super fan entitlement, just all games being treated on par would be nice. F*ck 'em. Can't work out if they did it out of sloppiness/just didn't think it through, or whether it was a genuinely calculated decision.

Still absolutely fuming about this. I have only been to 5 home games, but have done 7 aways- I don't live near Southampton at the moment. Feels like a total slap in the face by the club.

I have traveled to the likes of Israel and the unattractive northern aways, but someone who lives in Southampton and has strolled to a few home games is in a better position than me. I'm not saying it should give me some sort of super fan entitlement, just all games being treated on par would be nice. F*ck 'em. Can't work out if they did it out of sloppiness/just didn't think it through, or whether it was a genuinely calculated decision.

the business makes nothing or little from away fans.

Some years ago I read that it was harder for Man Utd fans who lived locally were lower on the ticket lists rather than fans a long way away as people visiting from distance were more likely to spend in the club shop

Some years ago I read that it was harder for Man Utd fans who lived locally were lower on the ticket lists rather than fans a long way away as people visiting from distance were more likely to spend in the club shop

This is true. They deliberately set a cap on season tickets because the sales will then be spread around a wider number of visitors who will each spend money in the club shop on mugs and Ryan Giggs bedspreads (even shop soild ones ;))

This is true. They deliberately set a cap on season tickets because the sales will then be spread around a wider number of visitors who will each spend money in the club shop on mugs and Ryan Giggs bedspreads (even shop soild ones ;))
his

Were they soiled by him sha gg ing his sister-in-law?

I'm a part timer. Had to give up my season ticket 5 years ago when had my daughter and realised that she was going to cost more than a season ticket. Now I have a son too so did all chance of affording a season ticket on my wages lol. I still get to a couple of games a season but accept it is unlikely I will be able to get a ticket for me or the wife and especially for my saints mad 5 year old daughter who hasn't got a customer numberb yet. But if I don't get to go I will remember how amazing it was there for the jpt. Wish safe travels to those that do go and spend the day shouting at my telly with the family

So reciprocally speaking, if away support seized to exist, it would not have an impact on the product/brand that is going to watch live football? You're seeing it narrowly in mere terms of direct financial income, not the bigger picture.

Member +5 Homes looks to be good enough. If you're not a member pay the £20(?) fee and you should be ok.