Trains on cup final day

Saint_Jim

First train up, last train back to avoid the rush... Well that'll be the excuse I give the missus.

That won't work, last train back from Arsenal recently for the midweek cup game was over crowded and hundreds of people unable to board the train.

This will be even worse.

It's annoying as I would prefer to get the train than the boring coach and go for drinks in London after, but I cant see anything other than complete chaos (especially with the Rugby match on top of this)

After the chaos of the JPT final. Would it be worth the club sorting out some extra trains for the big day?

Also see there is England at Twickenham that day....Waterloo will be busy!

Bang goes my plan of parking at Kew Gardens and getting the overland!

You could consider driving upto Oxford Parkway - direct service to Wembley Stadium

Or you can get the same line from Gerrard's Cross or Denham (just off the M25). I did this for the JPT final following someone's suggestion on here and it worked out really well. Saves having to drive or tube across London.

Or you can get the same line from Gerrard's Cross or Denham (just off the M25). I did this for the JPT final following someone's suggestion on here and it worked out really well. Saves having to drive or tube across London.

Yes, that worked for us too for the JPT. The only snag I had was trying to get a railcard ticket by using my bus pass. Soon sorted :)

Looks like a good idea, though I see that there is only one train an hour on sundays. What's the parking like at/near the station please?

btw ,someone else suggested Oxford parkway, but that's not a direct journey, you have to change at high Wycombe or Marylebone.

There is a car park at the station, the usual old coal yard site, but it will fill up quickly. I don't think it's too far to the town and a search on Google Maps or Streetview might prove fruitful.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/DNM/details.html