EFL Cup Final Ticket Details

Mattio

I don't care what anyone says there should be a small amount reserved for general sale.

A nice thought but realistically would never happen. When the so called "big clubs" get to finals the tickets barely make it to a members sale.

I tend to agree. It looks like an unashamed ploy to ramp up membership numbers.

They have been doing it all season. Desperately trying to create a market for Memberships when there really isn't any need for one.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

There are 20 qualifying games. Only 18 competitive games so far have been played.

Does that mean buying tickets for Arsenal in FA Cup and West Ham count as qualifying?

I've asked club on Twitter as I want a definite answer, not opinion. Let me know if anyone knows for sure.

There are 20 qualifying games. Only 18 competitive games so far have been played.

Does that mean buying tickets for Arsenal in FA Cup and West Ham count as qualifying?

I've asked club on Twitter as I want a definite answer, not opinion. Let me know if anyone knows for sure.

I hope not, but no doubt we'll see a full stadium from now until tickets go on sale hahaha

I don't care what anyone says there should be a small amount reserved for general sale.

Don't talk nonsense.

Real fans miss out because some can't afford / don't want to pay £5/£10 membership fee, yet can afford £40 - £100 for a ticket... Have a day off and stop being so bitter that you wont get a ticket.

Only thing unfair is that away games don't count for members, and that's coming from a ST holder that attends 18 aways a year.

Bit annoying that the members bit doesn't continue any further than 'five home games'... I've been to four (including the semi final) and also went to Milan. Would have been to more games but with so many switching to Sundays this season it hasn't been possible! I'd be massively p1ssed off if I didn't get a ticket because a load of people have just signed up for membership and jump the queue ahead of me!

I'm guessing that there wont be any tickets left after the final round of sales which goes to Members that have been to at least 5 Home games? I live outside the UK and am a Member but have only been able to make two Home games this season

Bit annoying that the members bit doesn't continue any further than 'five home games'... I've been to four (including the semi final) and also went to Milan. Would have been to more games but with so many switching to Sundays this season it hasn't been possible! I'd be massively p1ssed off if I didn't get a ticket because a load of people have just signed up for membership and jump the queue ahead of me!

This. I live abroad, so obviously can't get to many matches. For that reason, at the start of the season, I bought a membership in case we had a good cup run, etc. Haven't done 5 homes (although now kicking myself as I knew I should have bought the 3 ticket home match Euro bundle and not used them). Now, anyone who qualifies can just buy a membership and jump ahead of me. Lesson learnt. Won't bother buying a membership again in the future; especially as I have already bought flights over for the final, but now probably won't get a ticket!!

It's only fair to judge this sort of thing competition-by-competition IMO. Fans who decided the EFL Cup was worth their money are right to have first dibs. How ****ed would you be if you missed out on a Europa League final because somebody who went to EFL Cup games but never to Europa League games got priority?

The only thing I think should be different, is those fans who went to Away EFL Cup games should get first dibs, followed by those who went to Home EFL Cup games, and so on.

Don't talk nonsense.

Real fans miss out because some can't afford / don't want to pay £5/£10 membership fee, yet can afford £40 - £100 for a ticket... Have a day off and stop being so bitter that you wont get a ticket.

Only thing unfair is that away games don't count for members, and that's coming from a ST holder that attends 18 aways a year.

There's all kinds of reasons someone may not be able to go to the vast majority of games home or away but is never-the-less a huge Saints fan. 500 tickets or so available first come first served would at least give them a chance of a Wembley day. This structure just leaves them thinking "I have no chance" which is quite a sad state of affairs really.

Congratulations on being a "real fan" though.

This. I live abroad, so obviously can't get to many matches. For that reason, at the start of the season, I bought a membership in case we had a good cup run, etc. Haven't done 5 homes (although now kicking myself as I knew I should have bought the 3 ticket home match Euro bundle and not used them). Now, anyone who qualifies can just buy a membership and jump ahead of me. Lesson learnt. Won't bother buying a membership again in the future; especially as I have already bought flights over for the final, but now probably won't get a ticket!!

The only thing I'm wondering is whether they will still tier the members with the new announcement, but based on the number of tickets available, Members with +5 is about the level they think it will get to if everyone takes up the option?

So perhaps members +4 will be next, then members +3 etc, but they haven't announced that yet as it may well be sold out. Either way would still be good to know...

I think they have to have at least 5 games attached to their customer number though which not everyone will have done so you might sneak in, good luck!

There's all kinds of reasons someone may not be able to go to the vast majority of games home or away but is never-the-less a huge Saints fan. 500 tickets or so available first come first served would at least give them a chance of a Wembley day. This structure just leaves them thinking "I have no chance" which is quite a sad state of affairs really.

Congratulations on being a "real fan" though.

Sorry but I'm with SKD on this. I may not get a ticket for Wembley, and that will be annoying as I went to ZDS, FA Cup and JPT, the home leg semi final, Milan, had a season ticket holder at the Dell/St Marys for over 10 years and I've just spent over £500 rearranging flights a day earlier as I was due to be flying on the Sunday.

BUT if the reason I don't get one is because there are people who have been to more games than me, regardless of their circumstances, I really can't have an issue with it. If, however, I miss out purely on the basis that my webpage didn't load as fast as someone else who has decided that this is one game they suddenly want to be part of, then I will be sick about it.

Oh well, no tickets for me. Not a member and no point signing up as I have only done 4 games this season.

Ill have to cope with the TV :) - Hope all who get tickets have a great day!

ed/ just seen the above - interesting!

Sign up and buy an Arsenal ticket...West Ham too, if you want to get higher in the priority.

I think they have to have at least 5 games attached to their customer number though which not everyone will have done so you might sneak in, good luck!

Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. You may just have to pay more than the prices on the saintswebsite. Money makes the world go round unfortunately

Sorry but I'm with SKD on this. I may not get a ticket for Wembley, and that will be annoying as I went to ZDS, FA Cup and JPT, the home leg semi final, Milan, had a season ticket holder at the Dell/St Marys for over 10 years and I've just spent over £500 rearranging flights a day earlier as I was due to be flying on the Sunday.

BUT if the reason I don't get one is because there are people who have been to more games than me, regardless of their circumstances, I really can't have an issue with it. If, however, I miss out purely on the basis that my webpage didn't load as fast as someone else who has decided that this is one game they suddenly want to be part of, then I will be sick about it.

This is exactly right. There are always going to be disappointed fans for games like this but the fairest way is to reward those who have been to the largest number of games. As others have said, the only odd thing about the criteria is the apparently arbitrary distinction between home and away games for members. Don't really understand why the club have done that but am sure they've got their reasons.

Don't talk nonsense.

Membership is £25 this year

Thanks, just bought West Ham tickets so hopefully (as long as the Europa package counts as three) that will take me to 5 homes. Fingers crossed! I was wondering if the decision not to go to the Emirates was going to bite me but looks like that isn't even a factor.