EFL Cup Final Ticket Details

Mattio

Dads a season ticket holder and has disabled parking too.hes over 65.

He won't be going to Wembley as he can't walk too far.

Could he purchase a ticket and I use the ticket at Wembley by any chance? I just is a customer number when I purchase tickets.

Doubt I can but no harm in asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was that he would have an OAP concessionary ticket and that they wouldn't allow it to be bought at the concessionary price and used for a younger adult. However, the rules do not mention a restriction specific to the upgrading of a OAP ticket.

Tickets cannot be upgraded for this fixture. For instance, Adult Season Ticket holders may only purchase an Adult ticket, and Under-18 and Under-11 Season Ticket holders may only purchase a Junior ticket etc.

It could be though that when he goes to order his ticket, a non concessionary adult ticket would be queried and if one was bought, it might produce problems on the day.

Dads a season ticket holder and has disabled parking too.hes over 65.

He won't be going to Wembley as he can't walk too far.

Could he purchase a ticket and I use the ticket at Wembley by any chance? I just is a customer number when I purchase tickets.

Doubt I can but no harm in asking.

Wembley caters well for disabilities. Might be worth him finding out if he really wants to go. Failing that you would probably end up with a concession ticket.

My first thought was that he would have an OAP concessionary ticket and that they wouldn't allow it to be bought at the concessionary price and used for a younger adult. However, the rules do not mention a restriction specific to the upgrading of a OAP ticket.

It could be though that when he goes to order his ticket, a non concessionary adult ticket would be queried and if one was bought, it might produce problems on the day.

Would it matter what type of concession do we think? e.g. a ticket bought on an over-65 season ticket being used by a 14-year old.

Want to use my Dads OAP Season Ticket to buy a Junior ticket for my 17 year old daughter.

I just phone Saints ticket office and they were so vague. Anyone else asked this question.

To my mind, I'm buying a concession ticket for the same price - just a different concession, U18 as opposed to OAP.

Of course - can't take a chance of problems on the day.

Want to use my Dads OAP Season Ticket to buy a Junior ticket for my 17 year old daughter.

I just phone Saints ticket office and they were so vague. Anyone else asked this question.

To my mind, I'm buying a concession ticket for the same price - just a different concession, U18 as opposed to OAP.

They shouldn't have been vague, it should have been a straightforward "no". Your dad's ST entitles him to purchase a ticket for himself, not for your daughter.

Hmmmm, The words 'non-transferable' have been used. It's my understanding that if it's your season ticket that's eligible. Only you can use the ticket on the day.

Would hope that a little flexibility could be allowed though.

Me too. I suppose it depends on what it says on the ticket. Some 'concession' tickets merely have a tear-off strip removed.

They shouldn't have been vague, it should have been a straightforward "no". Your dad's ST entitles him to purchase a ticket for himself, not for your daughter.

Hmmmm, The words 'non-transferable' have been used. It's my understanding that if it's your season ticket that's eligible. Only you can use the ticket on the day.

Would hope that a little flexibility could be allowed though.

I think it's a no. On one hand it's fair enough but on the other, Dad's been to all the qualifying matches (Sunderland Palace Liverpool home) and has a ST. He's away on holiday and would like his granddaughter to go

Me too. I suppose it depends on what it says on the ticket. Some 'concession' tickets merely have a tear-off strip removed.

I think it's a no. On one hand it's fair enough but on the other, Dad's been to all the qualifying matches (Sunderland Palace Liverpool home) and has a ST. He's away on holiday and would like his granddaughter to go. It's the same price ticket etc.

I could just buy the ticket anyway and see what happens on the day and be prepared to argue to toss but if she can't get in then it's a mare.

Ticket office were incredibly vague. Instructions say no upgrades... this isn't an upgrade.

Are they saying that a kid won't get in if they have a more expensive 'adult' ticket and they're not 18?

Does anyone know for sure if for Members that have meet the relevant criteria of purchases below are guaranteed a ticket? or is it some other unknown system?

Tuesday 7th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST EIGHT home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Thursday 9th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SEVEN home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Friday 10th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SIX home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Saturday 11th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST FIVE home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

There aren't 31.5k ST Holders, so there will be a percentage of the tickets which will be left to the Members. How many of these will sell on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday is another matter. One thing I would recommend is to buy the game tomorrow and the game against West Ham, turn up, and support the team! I don't think there'll be many hanging around by the time it gets to Saturday the 11th.

There aren't 31.5k ST Holders, so there will be a percentage of the tickets which will be left to the Members. How many of these will sell on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday is another matter. One thing I would recommend is to buy the game tomorrow and the game against West Ham, turn up, and support the team! I don't think there'll be many hanging around by the time it gets to Saturday the 11th.

I was thinking if there are only 5K Members and 23K Season ticket holders then that means all will get a ticket as web site is saying get a Membership if you haven't got one which I assume means they know there is capacity left within the allocation.

For those asking, just buy the ticket and go. The Wembley stewards aren't the brightest bunch, highly doubt anything will be said and if it is, just say saints said it was fine.

I can't imagine that there will be any name on the ticket. All that usually happens is that a concession ticket flags up a different light at the turnstile. If they're manually inspected that might be a different matter but even then I can't see that the ticket will show the type of concession.

I think it's a no. On one hand it's fair enough but on the other, Dad's been to all the qualifying matches (Sunderland Palace Liverpool home) and has a ST. He's away on holiday and would like his granddaughter to go

I think it's a no. On one hand it's fair enough but on the other, Dad's been to all the qualifying matches (Sunderland Palace Liverpool home) and has a ST. He's away on holiday and would like his granddaughter to go. It's the same price ticket etc.

I could just buy the ticket anyway and see what happens on the day and be prepared to argue to toss but if she can't get in then it's a mare.

Ticket office were incredibly vague. Instructions say no upgrades... this isn't an upgrade.

Are they saying that a kid won't get in if they have a more expensive 'adult' ticket and they're not 18?

I think there are two issues here:

1) what are the rules?

2) are the rules enforced at the turnstile?

My response was in relation to item 1 only. The ST purchase rights are for the ST holder. That's really simple and is why I am surprised if the club was vague. In terms of their response it ought to be very black and white.

In relation to number 2, however, I very much doubt that your daughter will have a problem getting in with your old man's ticket! :)

Does anyone know for sure if for Members that have meet the relevant criteria of purchases below are guaranteed a ticket? or is it some other unknown system?

Tuesday 7th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST EIGHT home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Thursday 9th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SEVEN home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Friday 10th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SIX home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Saturday 11th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST FIVE home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Emailed ticket office this morning as we have issue that we have season ticket holders but then my daughter is a member on 5 (including West ham and Arsenal now). They said there is no guarantee it will go to members with 5 and it could well sell out to members with 8

Reading between lines I expect a lot of members have bought in last few days so the number in each category has shifted upwards.

J

I think there are two issues here:

1) what are the rules?

2) are the rules enforced at the turnstile?

My response was in relation to item 1 only. The ST purchase rights are for the ST holder. That's really simple and is why I am surprised if the club was vague. In terms of their response it ought to be very black and white.

In relation to number 2, however, I very much doubt that your daughter will have a problem getting in with your old man's ticket! :)

It still amazes me that people still ring the club alerting them to practises that are clearly against the rules.

As somebody else said if it's self service a red light will flash and a steward "may" look over. If he does and sees a nipper 999 times out of 1,000 it'll be ok. If it was me the only issue would be the heartbreak a nipper would suffer if she was checked. It's one thing an adult getting chucked out , another a nipper

No point in getting fans to buy match tickets just to get the numbers up if in practice its not going to help secure a ticket.I have e-mailed for a yes or no but I doubt the club will confirm. Its not helpful as fans could get a ticket from other sites while cheaper but as time goes on they will get near £500

J

I was hoping to get my nephews season ticket upgraded for me. That's not going to happen. I didn't activate my membership this season but have been to quite a few games this season, and went to Arsenal away.

Under the rules laid down by the club, I won't get a ticket. Absolutely fair enough in my book. Rules are rules, and hopefully the club won't make any exceptions. I'll settle for watching it in the pub. I'll be hanging anyway, my birthday the day before.

Edited by Wade Garrett

Emailed ticket office this morning as we have issue that we have season ticket holders but then my daughter is a member on 5 (including West ham and Arsenal now). They said there is no guarantee it will go to members with 5 and it could well sell out to members with 8

Reading between lines I expect a lot of members have bought in last few days so the number in each category has shifted upwards.

J

Hmm I question whether there are actually that number of people with a membership and 8+ home games. Perhaps just the party line from the club to boost membership and ticket sales. If that was the case it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to announce 4 categories of membership sale, when they know full well take-up will be basically 100% to those eligible.

Hmm I question whether there are actually that number of people with a membership and 8+ home games. Perhaps just the party line from the club to boost membership and ticket sales. If that was the case it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to announce 4 categories of membership sale, when they know full well take-up will be basically 100% to those eligible.

given that home capacity is around 29 k, and we have 23k season ticket holders, I would be absolutely amazed if it sold out on 8 +.

For 2003 final tickets all members with 6 got a final ticket. IIRC we had about 18k ST holders, and 25 k tickets for the final.

My guess is that it will go at least to 5+, and maybe sell out at that level, but its anybody's guess.

This. I live abroad, so obviously can't get to many matches. For that reason, at the start of the season, I bought a membership in case we had a good cup run, etc. Haven't done 5 homes (although now kicking myself as I knew I should have bought the 3 ticket home match Euro bundle and not used them). Now, anyone who qualifies can just buy a membership and jump ahead of me. Lesson learnt. Won't bother buying a membership again in the future; especially as I have already bought flights over for the final, but now probably won't get a ticket!!

Same here. Flights booked from Belfast. Got the membership also in case of a good cup run. Haven't been to any homes but done Milan and a couple of other aways as they are handier. There should be a cut of point on memberships once we got to the final nap. Joke

When you buy an away ticket, doesn't the money ultimately go to the home team?

I could be completely wrong about that, but in years gone by on Championship (and Football) manager I'm sure the gate receipts row of the P&L was 0 when you played away!

If so, perhaps that's why the club doesn't reward it - cynical I know - but they only want to reward fans who put money directly into the club's coffers!

There should be a cut of point on memberships once we got to the final nap. Joke

I don't understand their thinking. What are people going to do next season? Buy a membership pre season in case we get to a final , or wait until we get to one and then buy a membership? If you can buy one retrospectively what's the point in spending money preseason when a cup final comes along once in s blue moon?

given that home capacity is around 29 k, and we have 23k season ticket holders, I would be absolutely amazed if it sold out on 8 +.

For 2003 final tickets all members with 6 got a final ticket. IIRC we had about 18k ST holders, and 25 k tickets for the final.

My guess is that it will go at least to 5+, and maybe sell out at that level, but its anybody's guess.

Yeah, and over 1,000 hospitality seats. I imagine the club are just using the party line that all season ticket holders are guaranteed one, and won't stick their necks out any further than that.

I don't understand their thinking. What are people going to do next season? Buy a membership pre season in case we get to a final , or wait until we get to one and then buy a membership? If you can buy one retrospectively what's the point in spending money preseason when a cup final comes along once in s blue moon?

agreed. Which hopefully means no one will bother next season and they then scrap it. I ****ing hate this pay a premium, jump the queue bull****.

Same here. Flights booked from Belfast. Got the membership also in case of a good cup run. Haven't been to any homes but done Milan and a couple of other aways as they are handier. There should be a cut of point on memberships once we got to the final nap. Joke

Same here .... on my travels back I've clocked up 4 aways (uk home is in Lancashire when I'm back from Dubai) and I was feeling quietly confident of getting a Cup Final ticket until I saw that they had given priority to Home Matches and allowed new purchaes to be added to members totals.

This of course was a shrewd move by the club financially as Arsenal and WHU matches suddenly sold out, and it could be argued that fans who buy home tickets are contributing more cash to the club than those who buy away tickets.

So it seems I'll be missing out unless somebody knows of somebody who cant make it to Wembley because they are on holiday, getting married, don't like Puel or are washing their hair that day,

and would like to donate their ticket to me, a fan for 50 years through thick and thin!! Just on the off chance like!! Thanks.

Seems an absurd move that as you say won't encourage the uptake next season.

Interesting that tickets purchased Thursday onwards qualify for the count. In 1976 I recall Saints had been promoting sales of half season season tickets after Christmas, then buying a st for the remaining season. Until we beat Palace in the semi final, after which any remaining ST's were withdrawn from sale.

agreed. Which hopefully means no one will bother next season and they then scrap it. I ****ing hate this pay a premium, jump the queue bull****.

Disagree, the whole purpose is to enable a priority booking and choice of ticket for a match (for a normal home match never mind a SF , or Final). The alternative would be a graded system allowing purchases if you have a number of previous tickets to your name, as they're doing now, or just a free for all so anyone on the data base can obtain the Man Utd, Liverpool glamour fixtures when they come available.

The alternative would be a graded system allowing purchases if you have a number of previous tickets to your name.

Which is exactly how it should be. Membership schemes are just a con, there are no need for them. Customer numbers work perfectly fine.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Which is exactly how it should be. Membership schemes are just a con, there are no need for them. Customer numbers work perfectly fine.

Don't they have to be allocated by way of a membership or subscription though ? In which case the club would seek a fee for the administration of it?

What you're advocating is a registration scheme without any charge for it. Great if they'll provide it, otherwise I'm relaxed about the scheme as it currently stands. We wouldn't commit to ST's living too far away, so the membership is fine by me.

Don't they have to be allocated by way of a membership or subscription though ? In which case the club would seek a fee for the administration of it?

What you're advocating is a registration scheme without any charge for it. Great if they'll provide it, otherwise I'm relaxed about the scheme as it currently stands. We wouldn't commit to ST's living too far away, so the membership is fine by me.

Which is exactly what they provided while we were in the Championship and League 1 free of charge. If Saints could afford to offer it free then they can certainly afford it now.

Which is exactly what they provided while we were in the Championship and League 1 free of charge. If Saints could afford to offer it free then they can certainly afford it now.

Fair point. I recall phoning the ticket office and giving a membership number at the time in L1 & Championship. Had forgotten it fell off the radar for a couple of years.

as a member who only does aways ive one gripe,i think those of us did the liverpool game should have got a look in

looks like it will be a **** up in a pub with fellow saints who aint going

I dont get why Away games dont count really, especially those that travelled away. They have this all singing database so why are aways not included ?

It should be to those with the most tickets in their name

Seems an absurd move that as you say won't encourage the uptake next season.

Interesting that tickets purchased Thursday onwards qualify for the count. In 1976 I recall Saints had been promoting sales of half season season tickets after Christmas, then buying a st for the remaining season. Until we beat Palace in the semi final, after which any remaining ST's were withdrawn from sale.

Disagree, the whole purpose is to enable a priority booking and choice of ticket for a match (for a normal home match never mind a SF , or Final). The alternative would be a graded system allowing purchases if you have a number of previous tickets to your name, as they're doing now, or just a free for all so anyone on the data base can obtain the Man Utd, Liverpool glamour fixtures when they come available.

When they were cheap I knew of a Spurs and a man Utd fan who became members just to get tickets for that particular game. I've always thought the best way was to charge a lot ,maybe £100 and then knock a £10 off the first 10 games you go to . Or even a half season ticket . You pay half the amount for a S/T and then get to choose 10 games to attend. Obviously your seats not reserved , but you get first dibs when each game goes on sale. Would certainly help people who can't make every game, but go regularly .

When you buy an away ticket, doesn't the money ultimately go to the home team?

I could be completely wrong about that, but in years gone by on Championship (and Football) manager I'm sure the gate receipts row of the P&L was 0 when you played away!

If so, perhaps that's why the club doesn't reward it - cynical I know - but they only want to reward fans who put money directly into the club's coffers!

Yes, this changed many years ago and is one of the reasons for the hegemony of the big clubs. Cup games are different and after expenses are deducted some 10% goes to the FA (EFL) and the prize fund and the remainder is divided (or used to be).

Living over 150 miles away, and having not been to many games in the past few years due to three serious illnesses inc prostate ca, although son and I have had memberships and being a fan from early sixties and made most games work permitting until I moved away for a new job, I regret that I shall presumably miss this one.

Its a pity as Wembley has good blue badge facilities and I could actually get there.

I have fond memories of watching the last League Cup Final with my late father, he didn't go to many as he couldn't stand and worked most Saturdays, (another reason I can't go to matches as I can no longer stay with my parents- I used to make a handful of home matches every season when they were in Winchester).

I'd love to watch this one with my son but haven't got much hope of doing it.

And I agree that it is very unfair that away matches aren't taken into consideration as that is the reason son has membership and I had apart from this year when I had a knee replacement, which meant there wasn't much point,as I have only just become mobile again.

We already had a system whereby tickets are applied to your customer number and priority could be given to those with the most games applied to that number. The membership doesn't make that system better it simply enables people to cheat it (jump the queue) by paying a fee. If I have been to ten names, why should someone with a membership who has been to five get priority? It's a con. It's a ticket tax and yes, I know, if I don't like it I can lump it.