EFL Cup Final Ticket Details

Mattio

a 1/3 of the tickets will go to 'the football family' and corporate entertainment... No doubt over half of that will end up in united fans hands... Absolute joke really.

For the 2003 FA Cup final, my tickets were bought at vast expense but were initially issued to the Essex FA.

Can we organise a truce between Itchen North and Northam and all congregate in the lower tier behind the goal?

That's where we're all aiming for and as harsh as it sounds "I'm alright jack" not massively fussed about the criteria as long as me and the boy can get one that's all that matters to me !

I'm assuming the Europa League bundle counts as 3 home games?

Slightly anxious about this. The '20 eligible games' obviously separates them, but purchase history shows the bundle as one, and it would be typical if they decide to (or the systems inadvertently) treat it as such!

OK I am a member and have been to the three Europa games, Chelsea at home and I've just bought the west ham and arsenal home games. Should I have enough for a ticket? That should be 6 right?

Hopefully, because that criteria also puts me in the 'FIVE' bracket. May still not be enough but a decent chance I'd have thought.

I am not sure what the complaint is here. Of course some people will miss out and of course they will be dissapointed. I Live in Madrid and have only been to 2 games this season, so will have no chance unless I pay for someones club wembley seat etc. But thats fine, there are finite seats and it is only right that regular supporters get priority.

And as for the away games not counting, that makes perfect sense to me, from a SFC perspective. When you go to a home game you are financially supporting the club. At an away game you are supporting another club. From the clubs point of view, it makes sense to reward people for helping to fill up st marys.

Slightly anxious about this. The '20 eligible games' obviously separates them, but purchase history shows the bundle as one, and it would be typical if they decide to (or the systems inadvertently) treat it as such!

The club have confirmed (on twitter) that the bundle counts as 3 separate games despite the purchase history only showing it as one item

Edited by trousers

Don't know how true this is , but my mate who works in the press has just told me that the reason away games aren't being counted is the swapping of tickets .

With home games they're pretty certain that the person whose name the ticket is bought under is the person attending , but with away games they've no idea. Therefore somebody with 7 aways on his membership may only have actually been in person to 3 . No idea if thats true or not, but it's a theory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought memberships on the off chance we would get to a cup final, so a £40 gamble paid off.

Uh oh, now that's not enough, only been to 3 home games this season. So just bought the other 2 games, even though I don't live in Southampton and can't even go.

So another £90 gamble and STILL might not make it if they sell out before. If not, then £350 each from ticket master kinda site... so that could end up costing me £830 for tickets for me and the nipper :\

The things you do to get your kids to wembley

Don't know how true this is , but my mate who works in the press has just told me that the reason away games aren't being counted is the swapping of tickets .

With home games they're pretty certain that the person whose name the ticket is bought under is the person attending , but with away games they've no idea. Therefore somebody with 7 aways on his membership may only have actually been in person to 3 . No idea if thats true or not, but it's a theory

That's pretty cynical if true, i'd wager the amount of tickets swapped is less than 1% of tickets sold in total.

Some people will criticise the club for anything.

If the club really wanted to exploit the situation, they'd merely have to sell mini season tickets with cup final ticket priority to assure that every remaining home game was sold out.

I'm happy with the current arrangements. If the club ignored loyal home fans in order to reward fans who've chosen to live in the north of England and only attend a few northern away games each year but miss most of the home games, it really wouldn't make much sense. However, if/when we reach the FA Cup final this year, where our ticket allocation will be less, they could give first priority to season ticket holders who've attended all of the FA Cup ties, both home and away.

Anyway, at least 31,500 of us are on our way to Wembley and that doesn't really leave any regular fans out. There will also be thousands more tickets available on ticket sites. If I were a businessman who lived in Yorkshire, hadn't been to any of the home cup matches and didn't have a season ticket, I'd fork out the 285 quid the ticket sites are currently asking for ;)

24k ish

Cheers , my eldest has 7 homes including Arsenal & WHU. What do people think it'll fall to . There will be more on 8 than there would have been had the next 2 not counted , because loads will now buy the next 2 who wouldn't have done so had we lost yesterday ( not having a moan , just stating a fact)

Thought it's more like 21k

There was an article a while ago where the writer said we only had 2.4k after some messages back and forth he admitted he made a mistake and shouldn't have put the . in there and corrected it !

See we've been allocated the west side of the ground, does anyone know how this will work with the Wembley pub split

As I recall, the last time we were at Wembley in the JPT we had the west side and we had the Green Man pub which had a marquee full of Saints fans outside. Was brilliant.

Friday 10th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SIX home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Saturday 11th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST FIVE home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

It doesn't say a ballott just need 5 or 6 and you get a ticket for sure

Bought memberships on the off chance we would get to a cup final, so a £40 gamble paid off.

Uh oh, now that's not enough, only been to 3 home games this season. So just bought the other 2 games, even though I don't live in Southampton and can't even go.

So another £90 gamble and STILL might not make it if they sell out before. If not, then £350 each from ticket master kinda site... so that could end up costing me £830 for tickets for me and the nipper :\

The things you do to get your kids to wembley

I've had to change my flights as was due to be flying back from a wedding in India on that day (how silly of me not to think about the league cup final when booking all those months ago...)

Cost me over £500, and may yet even cost me my future wife as my fiancee is not happy about it! Non-fans can't understand it, but not being able to see the game at all just wasn't an option. Hopefully I'll get a ticket and it'll be even more worthwhile, but I'm in the same bracket as you regarding number of matches.

What a shame that a 90,000 seater stadium only allows each team 31k tickets. Nearly a third of the stadium will be going to non-supporters. I have 5 home games and 2 away games and a membership, shame that the 2 away games don't count especially as one was the Arsenal game in the quarter final. Think there's going to be a fair few empty seats at Arsenal and West Ham!

Friday 10th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST SIX home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

Saturday 11th February (9am) – Official Members who have purchased AT LEAST FIVE home fixtures from the 2016/17 season.

It doesn't say a ballott just need 5 or 6 and you get a ticket for sure

It doesn't say you are guaranteed a ticket. It only guarantees a ticket for season ticket holders. It probably means that members with five purchases have a realistic chance of getting tickets, given that there won't be a 100% uptake by everyone who qualifies. However there will be some people buying a membership and 'converting' their past purchases, plus many others buying Arsenal & West Ham to boost their priority.

Edited by mrfahaji

What a shame that a 90,000 seater stadium only allows each team 31k tickets. Nearly a third of the stadium will be going to non-supporters. I have 5 home games and 2 away games and a membership, shame that the 2 away games don't count especially as one was the Arsenal game in the quarter final. Think there's going to be a fair few empty seats at Arsenal and West Ham!

It's a cruel irony that in order to be able to afford a new stadium the FA had to sell a lot of seats for corporate membership so althogh e have a new stadium we are arguably worse off in terms of seats for real supporters. At least at this final we have more tickets than when we get to the FA Cup final later on :)

Gutted to have had to give up my ST from this year due to Uni, but even more pis*ed off that away games don't count as a member.

My only regret seeing this criteria is not buying a Europa League bundle, especially as away games and last night counts for nothing.

Anyways, regardless of what I have written, I am bloody happy that I was able to witness a night like that at Anfield!

Presumably they won't track whether the tickets are actually used? And maybe it doesn't matter as long as you've paid?

Cheers , my eldest has 7 homes including Arsenal & WHU. What do people think it'll fall to . There will be more on 8 than there would have been had the next 2 not counted , because loads will now buy the next 2 who wouldn't have done so had we lost yesterday ( not having a moan , just stating a fact)

The home walk-up/regular cash-payer interface probably isn't as big as you think it is; we got our Cardiff tickets in the last window offered, I think we got two tickets on membership-plus-8-home-games and then they opened the final window on membership plus 7 homes games and we got a third one then. (We also had half a dozen aways each too but they didn't count back then either). This was all after the ST holders/corporates/players etc. We prob got more ST holders now but it's quite a big allocation, reckon it could get to membership plus 5 home games, but waters are somewhat muddied by continuing to sell memberships now - bit of a low blow to existing members really.

Obviously a different allocation and different circumstances this time but it is an indication that (at least at that time) there weren't '000s of people in the membership-plus-X-games categories. Club will always be damned if it does and damned if it doesn't - one of the reasons I have an ST is to guarantee cup final tickets, I couldn't stand to see Saints at a big final and have to miss out. I've had a ST for 5 years and this year it's paid back; in an ideal world I would prefer to do ten homes and ten aways, but with the cost and time commitment of the home games the aways have somewhat fizzled out to a couple a year.

Presumably they won't track whether the tickets are actually used? And maybe it doesn't matter as long as you've paid?

it doesn't. If you bought a ticket then were ill and didn't attend they couldn't then take that purchase away from you.