Lloyd Isgrove

Edmonton Saint

For a long time I believed in Lloyd, but his abilities have been stunted since he returned from Barnsley.

Time for him to move on. He will never achieve more than playing for Saints Reserves.. Like others I fail to see why he's still here. There must be some unseen reason.

For a long time I believed in Lloyd, but his abilities have been stunted since he returned from Barnsley.

Time for him to move on. He will never achieve more than playing for Saints Reserves.. Like others I fail to see why he's still here. There must be some unseen reason.

It's another of the baffling decisions like giving Gazza a 4 year extended deal!!!

I used to rate Reed but this season he just looks poor. Tonight he was just bullied and bypassed so easily.

Time to go on loan or leave for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems harsh to single him out, puel picked him out of the blue in a team that lacked any sort of consistency or experience the buck stops with one man for selling Lloyd and all the others short tonight. Lloyd is clearly destined to move on in the next couple of days which makes the decision to start him even more baffling. FFS.

I think he could be a special player for a league 1 side but he will never be good enough for us sadly. As for Reed, i think he could play a bit further up,like as a alternative to Classe, but not in the Defensive Mid position. Hes too small and light and yesterdays game really made that clear for all to see.

A shame, 5 years ago he looked a real prospect.

On that basis, it is a wonder why he is still here.

The only thing I'll say is if he looked a prospect 5 years ago then what's happened? Why hasn't he developed like he was supposed to and like the club expected? Does he not train properly? Is he in it for a free ride? I don't know.

Isgrove and Reed - neither have lived up to the standard required at this level. Reed deserves a good loan out and then come back to see what he's got (like Stephens and Gallagher), but Isgrove needs to leave to salvage some career for himself.

Reed looked like he had great potential when he burst onto the scene. The way Koeman treated him has ruined his confidence. Hopefully it hasn't ruined him as a player permanently. He needs to go on loan to league one or the championship. We need to sign a DM anyway, so signing one would give us a chance to loan Reed out.

We probably kept him because he has always done well on loan, but if he doesn't get the chances to play how can you know how good is? It's difficult for fringe players to come in when not surrounded by the better players unless you are exceptional. Also some young players look good and don't develop whilst others don't mature until their mid twenties. It's not a case of him not trying or doing the right things.

He now needs to try again at a lower level club and good luck to him.

Seems harsh to single him out...

I wouldn't single him out, however he's not good enough even as an emergency backup.

Yesterday you could see he knew what to to, positioning etc., however he could be knocked over with a feather and Arsenal could easily bully him of the ball.

Should of sold him to Barnsley would of been the best move for both partys

I believe they wanted him but can remember Nixon saying pre-season that Claude liked what he saw of him so decided to keep him. I'm still not sure why as he wouldn't have got into the diamond formation.

Ipswich would be a good move. As long as he plays.

The only thing I'll say is if he looked a prospect 5 years ago then what's happened? Why hasn't he developed like he was supposed to and like the club expected? Does he not train properly? Is he in it for a free ride? I don't know.

Not everyone can push on. For every Lallana, Walcott and Bale you have many more McGoldrick's, Lloyds James's and Isgrove's.

Not everyone can push on. For every Lallana, Walcott and Bale you have many more McGoldrick's, Lloyds James's and Isgrove's.

Exactly. No shame in him rebuilding his career in the Championship, not every single one of our academy prospects are going to be Saints regulars.

At least he'll have had a good education with us, he just needs to get regular football over the next few years, keep developing and he might get his chance in the Premier League some time in the future. He's hardly past it at 24!

The Robins have staged talks with 24-year-old Southampton winger Lloyd Isgrove , who is available for transfer after failing to break into the first team squad at St Marys this season.

Source: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-news-and-transfer-rumours-live-lloyd-isgrove-latest-matty-taylor-and-freeman-analysis/story-30099085-detail/story.html#sdqjbJVxWduywOSx.99

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...