Swansea away build up - Tuesday 31st Jan KO 7:45pm

Wimborne_saint

I think Morocco could be out of the AFCON, if they lose against Egypt tomorrow? It'll be good to have Boufal back available. Going by Puel's comments he was out today because of the AFCON rule, not because of injury.

That's can't be right surely as matip was allowed to play, he was definitely injured but not sure how serious

We will go back to "full strength" for this one so players would have had nearly a weeks recovery.

Swansea have had ages to prepare for this game which is the worry.

Let's not forget Virgil & Fonte are huge misses for us. Llorente is going to be an absolute handful for us.

Need to take our chances. Really want us to get something from this game.

Apparently we need to keep our best players fit and injury free on that basis I'd play the same team as yesterday, in the cup, in the league until the cup final no point risking Yoshida getting injured......

Or Forster. Or anyone at all. I think we should keep the entire first choice 16 in some kind of oxygen tank until February 25th. We've learnt before that even getting salad cream out of a cupboard is an injury risk so those guys shouldn't be allowed to do anything. Feed them through a drip.

Or Forster. Or anyone at all. I think we should keep the entire first choice 16 in some kind of oxygen tank until February 25th. We've learnt before that even getting salad cream out of a cupboard is an injury risk so those guys shouldn't be allowed to do anything. Feed them through a drip.

Absolutely. There must be plenty of drips who could do the job.

That's can't be right surely as matip was allowed to play, he was definitely injured but not sure how serious

Matip has 'retired' from international football and did not want to be selected for the AFCON. But that needed to be ratified by FIFA to allow him to play for Liverpool because Cameroon wanted to select him. After all he is only 25 so a little young to be retiring from international football.

Boufal has not been selected by Morocco due to injury, but not sure if we can play him whilst they are still the tournament. Morocco play Egypt tonight in the last quarter final.

Matip has 'retired' from international football and did not want to be selected for the AFCON. But that needed to be ratified by FIFA to allow him to play for Liverpool because Cameroon wanted to select him. After all he is only 25 so a little young to be retiring from international football.

Boufal has not been selected by Morocco due to injury, but not sure if we can play him whilst they are still the tournament. Morocco play Egypt tonight in the last quarter final.

I think Morocco have said that he can't play until they are out of the competition.

I've heard PL footballers don't feed themselves anymore anyway these days, they can afford to hire people to do it for them, this particularly useful as many of them find knives and forks pretty tricky things to work...

I think Morocco have said that he can't play until they are out of the competition.

With respect its not up to Morocco to decide, he will be eligible to play as determined by FIFA rules. I don't know when that is but suspect its at the conclusion of group games. Seems from rumours that he was in contention for yesterday. Anyway lets hope Egypt win tonight then it will hopefully be academic.

With respect its not up to Morocco to decide, he will be eligible to play as determined by FIFA rules. I don't know when that is but suspect its at the conclusion of group games. Seems from rumours that he was in contention for yesterday. Anyway lets hope Egypt win tonight then it will hopefully be academic.

I can't be bothered to check the FIFA regulations but it may be something like the Moroccan team doctor determining his fitness or something like that and obviously due to the impracticalities the club come to some agreement. Or something.

I'm off to watch this - staying with an old friend and colleague who lives on the Gower. He's been a Swansea fan for as long as I've been a Saint - well over 50 years, so he's seen some dire times as well.

He is not at all optimistic about their chances - the managerial upheavals this year have really upset the composure of the team (if they had any!) and he honestly thinks that they will struggle to escape the relegation zone. Obviously I half jokingly said that if Puel continues his unpredictable rotation policy this could be a turning point for them.

On a serious note, I was at SMS yesterday and was very disappointed with his selection, as I'm an old school believer in the FAC. However, I can understand some rotation can be useful, but on that scale it can be counter productive.

Assuming we put out as strong a team, or close, and get into a rhythm, I think we will win this.

We should wipe Swans off the face of the earth - our full strength, rested, recovered, yet match-fit team will surely see to that?

They've had a lot more time to rest than we have.

However, despite the fact that they impressively beat Liverpool, I'd be disappointed if we lost here. We should get a win, but Clement seems to have improved them.

I can't be bothered to check the FIFA regulations but it may be something like the Moroccan team doctor determining his fitness or something like that and obviously due to the impracticalities the club come to some agreement. Or something.

As Morocco are out of the competition now he would be free to play, no obligation to request permission from their FA. Just down to Boufal's fitness really but if he has been training with the first team i'd expect him to play some role in this game.

Any news on Rodriguez's injury? I think we can expect VVD to still be out for both games this week so need young Jack Stephens to recover from Saturday's defensive horror show. Gardos doesn't look ready yet.

Strange having a game during the last few hours of the transfer window, would expect any business to be completed by then.

Fair play to any Saints fans making the journey to Wales, looking at the online ticket sales looks like we'll have about 800 there.

Looks like we have begun to see a somewhat settled side.

which I dare say we would have had all season if it were not for the European games and then the recent mass of games. I doubt we will rotate much at all from here on in.

Good team that.

Lets hope so. Looking beyond tonight the new reserve keeper and hopefully striker should strengthen that side nicely. Bring VVD back into the equation and obviously it looks better. For me we then just need someone to come in during the summer to play alongside Romeu.

which I dare say we would have had all season if it were not for the European games and then the recent mass of games. I doubt we will rotate much at all from here on in.

No no no, Puel is doing it ON PURPOSE, not because we were playing THREE GAMES EVERY WEEK. He is OBSESSED with his ROTATION POLICY and we will get relegated unless we bring in Hoddle.