Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Les said he would be replaced.

Keep Calm and Trust in Les.

Technically he didn't. He said

"We would not consider releasing him unless there was a decent transfer fee and secondly that we were in a position to replace him. If anybody comes along on the last day of the transfer window it’s not going to happen."

Being in a position to replace him isn't technically the same thing as replacing him though I'm sure Les figured everyone would infer that's what it meant. Always take club spin with a pinch of salt imo.

The fact that Sahko wants a pay rise despite being on north of £100k per week tells you all you need to know as to why we're not getting him. It would also appear that the player we had planned to get in on loan has got himself injured, which is a right ball ache.

Now, if Ake as is being reported, is available for £18m then, IMHO, he's a player to go for regardless of immediate need.

The usual mouth breathers will be spouting off about not getting in a top rate CB but there really isn't much out there in the market and my gut feeling is that VvD will be fit for Wembley anyway (this maybe more of a wish).

I'm not upset with Sakho going to Palace, given the money involved. If it was less, then I would be happy for him here. If Palace want to spunk all their money away, then that is their wont. Benteke must be pretty damn pricey wage wise, and now if they get Sakho, I imagine he would be on about £100k a week.

Or A) we don't sign a CB, 95% of the fanbase are f ucked off royally (doesn't suit your agenda but it's true I'm afraid), get dicked 5-0 in the final, maybe even relegated

B) sign a decent CB and striker and fans are happier

Let's hope our under-fire DoF delivers. The decision to play Isgrove Sat cost us a fee from Bristol City as well.

Problem is short of Toby Alderweireld no one on here can agree what decent means...

The fact that Sahko wants a pay rise despite being on north of £100k per week tells you all you need to know as to why we're not getting him. It would also appear that the player we had planned to get in on loan has got himself injured, which is a right ball ache.

Now, if Ake as is being reported, is available for £18m then, IMHO, he's a player to go for regardless of immediate need.

The usual mouth breathers will be spouting off about not getting in a top rate CB but there really isn't much out there in the market and my gut feeling is that VvD will be fit for Wembley anyway (this maybe more of a wish).

If he is available then break the bank I'm still dubious that he actually is.

Crystal Palace must have broken every FFP rule going and must be tipping on the edge of potential collapse?

Spent £50 + million in the summer, done another £25m on Schlupp and PVA this January and now close to securing Sakho on loan with view to perm.

They seem to regularly have a net spend of £25m+ and with players like Benteke, Zaha, Schlupp, Sakho, Townsend, Cabaye, Loic Remy there wage bill must be astronomical

How do they manage it? Smaller stadium and average crowds than us + much smaller income last 3-4 years.

Are they bonkers?

"We would not consider releasing him unless there was a decent transfer fee and secondly that we were in a position to replace him. If anybody comes along on the last day of the transfer window it’s not going to happen."

Being in a position to replace him isn't technically the same thing as replacing him though I'm sure Les figured everyone would infer that's what it meant. Always take club spin with a pinch of salt imo.

Good try. It was crystal clear what he meant or he wouldn't have made the comment or anything similar or similar wording. He would have just said he can go when we're ready for him to go or whatever.

Crystal Palace must have broken every FFP rule going and must be tipping on the edge of potential collapse?

Spent £50 + million in the summer, done another £25m on Schlupp and PVA this January and now close to securing Sakho on loan with view to perm.

They seem to regularly have a net spend of £25m+ and with players like Benteke, Zaha, Schlupp, Sakho, Townsend, Cabaye, Loic Remy there wage bill must be astronomical

How do they manage it? Smaller stadium and average crowds than us + much smaller income last 3-4 years.

Are they bonkers?

they still have championship level **** like Ward on their books. If he is earning more than me then they are being robbed.

He is injured until March apparently.

Balls. Well, unless we had someone else lined up that'll probably be that, won't it?

They've always said if they can't get their man then they won't go and get someone for the sake of it. Whether that's true of loan deals in situations like this I don't know.

Deals can be done by clubs by meeting the player in a hotel and signing it all up ....they do not have to be in Southampton to sign a deal .

Just saying

Yeah I know but he's going to London to sort a deal with Palace. Would be surprised if we hijacked it at this point.

Nah. Not having that. He knew what he was saying when he said it. As a club that "prepares one window in advance" to replace a player we suspected/knew would go in said window, to not bring in a replacement this window would be a very poor show.

He's got until 11.

No JRod in line up tonight. Is he injured? I saw he was hobbling a bit at Anfield, but thought he'd be back for this game.[/quote

A bit?? He went off at half-time.

Good point. Must have been more a `twist' than a `knock' then.

The Telegraph are reporting that our loan move for Tasci is off because he's going to Palace on a permanent deal. Have they got their wires crossed with the Sakho story? Either way I'm ****ed off. We went for Sakho on loan and were told Liverpool were only interested in a permanent deal. Apparently he's now off to palace on loan for the remainder of the season with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.