Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

West Brom and Palace now presenting better, more attractive opportunities?

Quite obviously not.

Reports in France saying Palace have moved for Sakho, will the lure of London beat the lure of joining up with your countryman and a cup final?

I never got the argument of players going to be with their fellow countrymen. If you were a pro playing for Chievo Verona, would you want a move to Genoa if you found out Gary Taylor Fletcher was playing there?

Am I alone in being okay with us selling JRod for £10m and buying Gabbiadini for £14m?

Sure, I'd like to have both. But if I can only have one, I'm kind of cool with it.

I don't know if your alone, but I'm not with you, why should it be one or the other, as has become apparent recently we have a very thin squad.

We are surely going to sign a CB today, right? Trail seems cold on all of the ones linked to us with Wague going to Leicester, Sakho we will only offer a loan which Liverpool don't want and Tasci seemingly not coming here now - he is training with Sparktak in Dubai at the moment.

Gabbiadini is a good signing and the keeper definitely required but if we don't sign a good CB then its been a poor window on reflection, leaving us far weaker in that important area.

Surely we will bring one in? Would be mental not to.

A new CB is required if we are top be comfortable about staying up. Really hope the board aren't looking at the Liverpool game as some kind of weird justification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are looking at the Liverpool game they would be signing another DM in case Romeu gets injured rather than a CB....

Why? He'd get even less game time there than he gets here. If he's upset at not being first choice then why would he go there? He's nowhere near their first team on current form.

He does love Poch though - wouldn't be surprised if he went there, but would have thought the summer would be a better bet for both parties.

Would fly in the face of wanting to leave for regular football though, he wouldn't get that at Spurs on current form. Hardly a move 'closer to home' either. Maybe they'd do a swap deal for Son?! ;)

Would be a good move for him IMO

It'd be a mental move for him. He'd definitely get less playing time and also, it would be a bit of an 'up yours' to the club who have paid all his bills and nutured him back to fitness - assuming of course that the club don't want to sell and it's that way round. If it's the other way round, I'd be disappointed in the club.

Why? He'd get even less game time there than he gets here. If he's upset at not being first choice then why would he go there? He's nowhere near their first team on current form.

Poch is the only manager that has managed to get his full potential out of him.

He rates the manager, the manager rates him. Why are you so sure that he wouldn't get game time there? He wouldn't play CF, he'd play on the right or left like he did at his best with us.

Fonte about to be on TalkSport to tell all about his transfer apparently. Can't listen in but if anyone is, would be interesting to hear his take on it all

Jim White is far too sycophantic to ask proper questions. Fonte comes across as a whiney baby. In fact, it is so pathetic (Jim White) that talksport is being binned after this. Fonte says that it was the club who pushed him out for some reason. He was a little defensive over the point about submitting a written transfer and says that he didn't submit one. Also said that there were talks about him moving when he returned from the Euros. One could take that to mean that he was agitating to move (just a few months after signing his improved contract), and one might go further and say that Fonte has been acting as a côck/ But that is speculation. But whatever, he seems to be airing his washing in public. "The lady doth protest too much me thinks".

Edited by angelman

Fonte says that it was the club who pushed him out for some reason. He was a little defensive over the point about submitting a written transfer and says that he didn't submit one.

So taking this at face value either he, or the club, is lying which is a bold and risky statement to make !

Sounds like Fonte interview doesn't clear anything up then does it - don't think we'll ever know what really went on as will always be Fonte saying one thing and Reed saying another.

For some it will suit them to think Fonte agitated for a summer move to United, didn't get it, couldn't turn back, ended up at West Ham, and for others, they'll use it as an "example" of Les mistreating players and this is why we can't keep our best players etc

I'm probably more in the first camp to be honest, given we gave him a long new deal a few months back and it doesn't make sense for us to then push him out unless he instigated it.

Anyway, he's gone - closure for me will be when we turn over West Ham next week, hopefully with Maya scoring the winner

Bit surprised we are going after Tasci. Doesn't have an especially good write up post Stuttgart and very injury prone it seems. Maybe a smokescreen for Sakho?

Sakho is in London to negoitiate a deal with Palace according to Téléfoot...

Edited by rickylambert

Jim White is far too sycophantic to ask proper questions. Fonte comes across as a whiney baby. In fact, it is so pathetic (Jim White) that talksport is being binned after this. Fonte says that it was the club who pushed him out for some reason. He was a little defensive over the point about submitting a written transfer and says that he didn't submit one. Also said that there were talks about him moving when he returned from the Euros. One could take that to mean that he was agitating to move (just a few months after signing his improved contract), and one might go further and say that Fonte has been acting as a côck/ But that is speculation. But whatever, he seems to be airing his washing in public. "The lady doth protest too much me thinks".

White was a ****ing joke . Let him off the hook

" did you put in transfer request"

" what's a transfer request" ducking hell as if he didn't know .

Now came the killer line " when you write to the club". Write to the club , not ask to leave . Made it easy for Jose to say " no I did not" . The question should have been " did you ask to leave" .

White is now going into arse licking overdrive , so I'm switching off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakho is in London to negoitiate a deal with Palaca according to Téléfoot...

Would only take us to agree a deal with Liverpool and he'll be down here in an hour.

IF we are truly interested then his agent will be aware of this interest and things can develop very quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up here. Maybe we're waiting for palace to agree a fee? However with other clubs involved, we are not in a good position to negotiate so if we prefer a loan, this is out the window.

If you really want the player, time to stump up Les.

Tasci is an odd one.

Have seen a report saying he has a slight injury, isnt leaving Spartak and is training with them in Dubai, which surely makes a move unlikely.

We keep being linked with CBs so clearly want one.

Would be an absolute **** up to end the window with just Yoshida, Stephens and Gardos, with VVD out for a couple of months and yet spend big money on a striker that we could probably get away with leaving until the summer, although its a good signing.

Tasci is an odd one.

Have seen a report saying he has a slight injury, isnt leaving Spartak and is training with them in Dubai, which surely makes a move unlikely.

We keep being linked with CBs so clearly want one.

Would be an absolute **** up to end the window with just Yoshida, Stephens and Gardos, with VVD out for a couple of months and yet spend big money on a striker that we could probably get away with leaving until the summer, although its a good signing.

You choose to believe the Tasci report but completely ignore Puel yesterday actually say weeks out for VVD.