Transfer Deadline Day Jan 2017 Edition

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

A bit early, I know but:

Will Gabbiadini finally complete his move?

Will we sign 1 centre back or maybe even 2?

Will we get a new goalie as well?

Will there be any surprise arrivals?

Will there be any departures, major or otherwise, from Saints?

Will there be any blockbuster deals from any of the other Premier League clubs?

Will Hull have any players left?

Will Arsenal be allowed to get their deals done past the 11pm closing time as usual?

Will this thread be subsumed into the main transfer thread?

So many questions and not long to wait to find out the answers...

is he worth any more? If it wasn't for Austin being injured then I'd say it would be a reasonable deal to do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If a 6 month left Berahino can go for around that, then when you apply an English premium to someone contracted until 2019 (I think!), then I'd like £15m/£16m minimum.

Zaha went for £15m too ffs to United, and that was almost 5 years ago!

We're supposed to be bringing in a striker, not selling one FFS.

J-Rod doesn't want to be at Saints anymore, hasn't since the start of the season. The player wants to move, club will only let him if they feel he is not needed anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're supposed to be bringing in a striker, not selling one FFS.

MLG has just declared he is not required and we have an abundance of net-busting prolific strikers including those on the treatment table who are likely to hardly play before now and the end of the season. There you have it. Let's get rid of Rodriquez.

Edited by Greenridge

J-Rod doesn't want to be at Saints anymore, hasn't since the start of the season. The player wants to move, club will only let him if they feel he is not needed anymore.

The club that has paid for all his treatment and wages during his injuries ?

Nice......

The club that has paid for all his treatment and wages during his injuries ?

Nice......

I know, I thought that too. Footballers want to play football though. The lad went from being 1st choice and an England player to 3rd/4th choice. He must think he still has a career to salvage.

I know, I thought that too. Footballers want to play football though. The lad went from being 1st choice and an England player to 3rd/4th choice. He must think he still has a career to salvage.

The reason he went to 3rd/4th is rather obvious isn't it?

Well he has been picked on merit and over Long recently so he was 1st choice.

If he is that desperate and maybe a new challenge is required fair enough but in the summer not now.

Would be absolute madness to sell JRod in this window. We need to add a striker not maintain the status quo. Then again, given our recent record of cashing in, I wouldn't be surprised if we did let him go. Would be a massive blow to lose another fan favourite so late in the window especially as Gabbi's goal record isn't exactly first rate.

He is lucky he is still able to play at all I'd be pretty ****ed if that was his attitude considering everything the club has done for him.

Think you are picking up on how he was reported to feel earlier in the season. Recent reports have suggested things are different now that he is starting regularly (at least every week).

He's been first choice for us since Austin has been injured. He's been rotated along with the rest of the team but for our most important recent games he's started.

Think you are picking up on how he was reported to feel earlier in the season. Recent reports have suggested things are different now that he is starting regularly (at least every week).

It's based on a conversation I had with someone close to him. I asked if his mindset had changed but apparently not. He doesn't feel wanted.

For me, the best way to feel wanted was to start banging them in. It's not like the crowd don't have his back. His name gets chanted most games. I'm told he has no issue with Puel either so I'm not sure why he wants to leave, considering as everyone has said, all the club have done for him.

Unless of course he's been told he is not really wanted. He was out the door until he scored against Sunderland and the club u-turned. Maybe they have changed their mind again.

Hopefully I've been misinformed, I'd like him to stay and push on with us.

If so, is an arse. And looks like a pub player at times.

Would be absolute madness to sell JRod in this window. We need to add a striker not maintain the status quo. Then again, given our recent record of cashing in, I wouldn't be surprised if we did let him go. Would be a massive blow to lose another fan favourite so late in the window especially as Gabbi's goal record isn't exactly first rate.

Gabbiadini has the second best goals per minute rateio in Serie A for the last 2 years (behind Higuain). JRod has barely played in 2 years and we could probably get about what we're paying for Gabbiadini for him so it makes sense in that respect

If the deadline is 11pm tomorrow night, why are Sky Sports News showing on their big screen thing thing that there is 1 day 6 hours to go?

Maybe you were watching the highlights

MLG has just declared he is not required and we have an abundance of net-busting prolific strikers including those on the treatment table who are likely to hardly play before now and the end of the season. There you have it. Let's get rid of Rodriquez.

If that's the case, let's throw in Long for good measure. Maybe Yoshia too. Strikers and CBs are overrated anyway.