So...

Forster

McCarthy

Taylor

Hassen (on loan)

+

Lewis

Gazza

I'm a little confused. I understand that Lewis isn't ready, Gazza out on loan and McCarthy is injured. But Taylor??

Well to tattle a bit. According to some OCG Nice fans Puel is a big fan of Hassen and preferred him to Yoan Cardinale (their current first choice keeper) who many believe is far better. Not seen a lot of either of them really so I couldn't really comment on that.

Perhaps VVD injury not so bad after all...

What else would explain not getting a defender in?

Well the OS said that VVD was to miss the Swansea game, which I took to mean that it wasn't as bad as all that. If it was bad, then they wouldn't mention the somewhat obvious that he is absent.

Perhaps VVD injury not so bad after all...

What else would explain not getting a defender in?

We'd still need a replacement for Fonte....

I'm fairly confident the club will bring in at least 1 CB. Hopefully 2.

Anyone else going to breathe a sigh of relief when we sign a centre back today? I'm trying to hold my wee-wee but relying on our 3rd, 4th and 5th choice centre backs (as they were at the start of the season) for a while (especially with a cup final in a month) has me worried. Gabbiadini will add something extra to the front 3 (as long as JRod stays) which should strengthen our attacking options, and of course the new Keeper means we're not relying on Taylor or Lewis if Fraser got injured.

A busy deadline day for us. I still wonder if there is a surprise later. The game gets in the way really!

I would like us to put in a low bid for righback Kenny Tete (Ajax). Less than a year ago he was wanted by everyone, including Man Utd, but Ajax wouldn't let him go. Then Ajax got a new coach who doesn't like him. He's only played 2 games this season, and his contract expires by the end of this season. He's going to be much better than Martina, at least (and I'm one of the few here who has a soft spot for Martina).

This is a monumental f**k up by the board if we fail to sign a CB before the deadline

Disagree.

If VVD wasn't injured people would be saying get a replacement in for Fonte. Treat Stephens as the Fonte replacement. Maybe there are better options, but certainly there aren't any better options based on price. So if VVD gets back on games shortly, we will have 4 CBs. Gardos is still rusty, but has played more than Sakho, who at £20m/£100k/pw is ridiculously expensive and Palace are welcome to him.

Hope we get defender in too as but not Sakho as i think he is poor...

If we cant organise someone better than we have surely there is no point and i`m sure the club are trying

My only gripe if we don't get someone is why we sold Fonte without a replacement or why Les Reed said we'd only sell if we replaced. Our approach to the CB issue seems a bit haphazard if we have been, as reported, caught out by Tasci's injury/change of heart on the last day of the window. In previous years we've mocked clubs for doing last minute panic business on deadline day and now we find ourselves doing it to remedy a deficiency we have had since the day we sold Fonte.

I know a few on here dont rate Sakho but look at whats available ......list the alternatives ....for me the only two viable are Mcquire and Ivanovic .

Sakho as a player is strong a good passer , yes he goes missing occasionally but maybe that is down to having lovren next to him

VVD and Sakho i believe would make a formidable CB pairing with OR in front of them .

If we go into the next few weeks with Yoshida, Gardos and Stephens as our CB's then the club has made an absolute clanger. Makes a bit of a mockery of the ''turning 1000 players over at any one time'' black box stuff.

Still time though....I remain positive enough to think the club won't cock this up! Potentially a season defining situation. Well, it is, as we won't get too many points with those as our CB's.

Disagree.

If VVD wasn't injured people would be saying get a replacement in for Fonte. Treat Stephens as the Fonte replacement. Maybe there are better options, but certainly there aren't any better options based on price. So if VVD gets back on games shortly, we will have 4 CBs. Gardos is still rusty, but has played more than Sakho, who at £20m/£100k/pw is ridiculously expensive and Palace are welcome to him.

Eh? We risk going into a cup final with Yoshida as our only centre back to have played more than a few games in the past two years. That simply can't happen, so a loan deal for a centre half, as the club appear to be pursuing, is the sensible option.

Eh? We risk going into a cup final with Yoshida as our only centre back to have played more than a few games in the past two years. That simply can't happen, so a loan deal for a centre half, as the club appear to be pursuing, is the sensible option.

So Duncan, when is VVD going to be fit again?

The positive part in me says that the club are not too worried about securing a another full back because the injury to VVD is not as bad as first thought and he will be back very soon....the pessimistic part of me is saying oh my god have we royally screwed this up and are risking everything on a centre back pairing of Yoshida/stephens or Yoshida/Gardos.....normally i don't worry about the January transfer window but this one has me really concerned....however 6 hours still to go....anything can happen he says praying for good news

Be suicidal to not get CB in. When we got Toby on loan there was talk day or two leading up to deadline day. All our reported targets are seemingly off elsewhere or link has faded away. Just hope there will be a decent signing under the radar. Not overwhelmed by any of the defenders linked to us.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Disagree.

This.

Ppeople need to calm down. Scoring goals has been our problem this season, and I'm glad signing a striker is our top priority. We have four centre backs, one of whom is injured and the club have not confirmed the nature of the injury or how long he is expected to be out for. I would imagine that either Romeu or Bertrand could also fill in at centre back if need be. It's hardly a desperate situation, particularly as we'll have far fewer games to play in the second half of the season.

Be suicidal to not get CB in. When we got Toby on loan there was talk day or two leading up to deadline day. All our reported targets are seemingly off elsewhere or link has faded away. Just hope there will be a decent signing under the radar. Not overwhelmed by any of the defenders linked to us.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Spot on comment