EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Just finished a count for those on 5 games and lower...

5535 left (+/- 1% margin of error) and that was at 10:15- so past the initial rush.

Wouldn't mind knowing how many people have membership plus 5 games- then we can all relax!

good work.

My guess is that there will be quite a rush tomorrow, as you effectively have all those who had 3, 4, or 5 before the ticket announcement, which will likely be a somewhat bigger group than the last two days.

Looking at the number selling at the number that seem to be selling over the last three days though, I'd be pretty surprised if there weren't quite a few tickets left after the 5's have had their go.

Just finished a count for those on 5 games and lower...

5535 left (+/- 1% margin of error) and that was at 10:15- so past the initial rush.

Wouldn't mind knowing how many people have membership plus 5 games- then we can all relax!

It seems that only around 2,000 have sold since it got past season ticket holders. I feel like it'll get down to members with no games / general sale. Can't imagine the club would pass up the opportunity to make people buy memberships if they haven't been this season.

So do you think a family of 3 with 4 games on their customer numbers but not official members should pay the £65 to become members and then would be more than likely to get tickets. Its for my colleague, I really don't want to talk her into getting official membership as they are on a tight budget if they don't get tickets.

So do you think a family of 3 with 4 games on their customer numbers but not official members should pay the £65 to become members and then would be more than likely to get tickets. Its for my colleague, I really don't want to talk her into getting official membership as they are on a tight budget if they don't get tickets.

Financially it's up to her, but there's no way all the tickets will be sold before it reaches members and 4+ games.

If it gets to 4 games, then buy the membership then. No risk

Here's an idea. How about they open it up to fans who have been to 6 or 7 games an are members but don't like in a stones throw

Here's an idea, how about they open it up to fans who don't live a stones throw of St Marys but have been to more games than the qualifying criteria? You know, like fans who live 300 miles away and cant make it to St Marys every weekend but still go away. How is someone who has been 3 homes games more deserving than someone who has been to 7 aways? Club clearly don't give a sh*t about away supporters.

Here's an idea, how about they open it up to fans who don't live a stones throw of St Marys but have been to more games than the qualifying criteria? You know, like fans who live 300 miles away and cant make it to St Marys every weekend but still go away. How is someone who has been 3 homes games more deserving than someone who has been to 7 aways? Club clearly don't give a sh*t about away supporters.

Completely understand always felt that the club do not do enough for those who live outside the area and abroad. As already mentioned a point systems per game would be a lot fairer for everyone.

Ive written to Saints 3 times now asking them to explain why away games don't count & they cant even be bothered to reply............

Ive got 3 memberships & it means nothing.

Southampton Football Club, the club who doesn't give a **** about people who bought season tickets (4 of them) in League One & held them until the summer, has been to 5 games this season & has spent more in the club shop than I can count.......................................

Both myself and my 8-year-old son became members at the start of the season to make it easier to get tickets. We live in Cornwall, so a home game for us involves a 360-mile round trip, leaving at 9am and not getting back until 10pm, and spending at least £150. Time and finances means I've only made it to three home games this season and my son to just one. What frustrates me is the club allowing people to become members at any time of the season. There is no reward for loyalty. I won't bother being a member next season. I will just wait until a time that benefits me and bugger the club!

Ive written to Saints 3 times now asking them to explain why away games don't count & they cant even be bothered to reply............

Southampton Football Club, the club who doesn't give a **** about people who bought season tickets (4 of them) in League One & held them until the summer, has been to 5 games this season & has spent more in the club shop than I can count.......................................

This club (most clubs) don’t give a **** about fans.

They make 7 or 8x the income of gate receipts via TV and other income.

The "fan" is now way down the priority list at most clubs. More of an inconvenience id imagine these days.

Times have a changed

This club (most clubs) don’t give a **** about fans.

They make 7 or 8x the income of gate receipts via TV and other income.

The "fan" is now way down the priority list at most clubs. More of an inconvenience id imagine these days.

Times have a changed

the "fan" im afraid is long gone. You are now a customer

To be honest, no club should give any more of a **** about someone who once held a season ticket and doesn't any more than it gives about anyone else.

I understand the gripe about away games - and I think the next criteria should be open to members with 5 games, home or away - but I've got no sympathy for "I used to have a season ticket", which is, frankly, completely irrelevant.

Both myself and my 8-year-old son became members at the start of the season to make it easier to get tickets. We live in Cornwall, so a home game for us involves a 360-mile round trip, leaving at 9am and not getting back until 10pm, and spending at least £150. Time and finances means I've only made it to three home games this season and my son to just one. What frustrates me is the club allowing people to become members at any time of the season. There is no reward for loyalty. I won't bother being a member next season. I will just wait until a time that benefits me and bugger the club!

That's a fair point.

The membership premium seems pointless. It isn't worth anything in the normal course of a season except, perhaps, for a few very popular away games that might sell-out, and then when a massive game comes along they let people join for convenience.

At the moment there is basically a £25 surcharge on every ticket!

I wasn't planning on getting a membership this season, but only did so because of the discount on the Europa cup bundle. There was a £12 discount on games that I was planning on going to anyway. So it effectively cost me £13. Quite glad I did now!

I don't have an issue in general with membership, just think that the price should be a bit lower.

Or could they not offer a family membership i.e. two adults and their children get free membership. Currently as it stands if a family of 2 adults and 2 children became members it would cost £80 before you buy tickets. This does not do anything to promote the younger fans attending matches on a regular basis.

To be honest, no club should give any more of a **** about someone who once held a season ticket and doesn't any more than it gives about anyone else.

I understand the gripe about away games - and I think the next criteria should be open to members with 5 games, home or away - but I've got no sympathy for "I used to have a season ticket", which is, frankly, completely irrelevant.

I gave my tickets up as my youngest 2 lads are playing academy football. They simply couldn't play & give us time to get to games.

The reason its relevant, is my 10 year wants to know why all the hours in the car for the last 5 years of having a ticket means F.A. to the club & clearly to you. I don't have an answer that washes with him (& in fairness with me). Where were all the season ticket holders in League One?? Answer, no f'ing where. Its the usual Premier League BS.

Why shouldn't the club give a **** about someone who has bought 36 season tickets over the last 8 seasons?? Because I committed to the club when it needed it most, put my hand in my pocket when others couldn't give a ****, that's why.

Ive done 5 games this season. 3 away & 2 at home. Means nothing.

Where were the other 25000+ who didn't go to Anfield?? Probably though we were going to get knocked out...........

The Southampton way..............................................

Here's an idea. How about they open it up to fans who have been to 6 or 7 games an are members but don't like in a stones throw
so if fans lve 200 miles from SMS but only 30 miles from the Northern games makes them more important than say myself who lives 40 miles away from SMS and goes to the home games. I respectfully would suggest that fans who live up north go to those away games as they are much closer and less of a nuisance.

I bought a seat for a friend this morning and was able to get the seat next to another that i bought yesterday.

Doesnt seem like there's many members left who want tickets.

there are perhaps not many members. In my eyes there is zero reason to get a membership. Complete waste of money.

At the moment there is basically a £25 surcharge on every ticket!

spot on. Basically its like buying one of the VIP queue jumping tickets when you go to a theme park, which I think is bull****. As is always the case, the football business is squeezing every last penny out of the fans. ****e.

How on earth can it be right that a fan that has been to 10 games (home and or away, what ever you choose) gets less priority than someone that has been to 5 and then buys a membership today?

The club has cut its own throat though as there is no point paying for £26 queue jump before the season starts. Might as well wait and see if you actually need it for anything.

I hope and expect they will keep the same formula going and it will be members with 4 games on Sunday, members with three on Monday, etc etc. Everyone knows the rules by now, can't change them mid game.

But there's the rub.

Many of us who can't get to many games due to work or living away from the area etc stumped 25 quid at the start of the season to give ourselves a fighting chance of getting a ticket ahead of The General Sale.

After we got through to Wembley, The Club encouraged people without Membership but had attended games to jump the queue by taking up Membership and even top up their games total with a Cheap FA Cup ticket

and the WHU game, both of which subsequently sold out, but may not have had the lure of a Final ticket not been dangled. Good result for SFC financially, but a kick in the teeth he paid out at the start of the season in hope

of getting some sort of priority.

But there's the rub.

Many of us who can't get to many games due to work or living away from the area etc stumped 25 quid at the start of the season to give ourselves a fighting chance of getting a ticket ahead of The General Sale.

After we got through to Wembley, The Club encouraged people without Membership but had attended games to jump the queue by taking up Membership and even top up their games total with a Cheap FA Cup ticket

and the WHU game, both of which subsequently sold out, but may not have had the lure of a Final ticket not been dangled. Good result for SFC financially, but a kick in the teeth he paid out at the start of the season in hope

This every time!

But there's the rub.

Whereas you can make a case for and against for homes, aways, previous purchase history, or whatever criteria, the club giving supporters the option of buying a membership and jumping the queue is the one thing I think is just plain wrong. Why would anybody have bought a membership at the start of the season, except in expectation that should we reach a final they would have a reasonable chance of securing a ticket? It doesn't affect me personally but I think it's very unfair of the club to have done this. They should ditch the membership scheme from next season (won't be many takers anyway) and implement the points system they initiated a few seasons ago.

You're right,the whole thing stinks. I'm lucky enough to have a S/T but can still see the unfairness of it. Allowing people to become members just because we got to a cup final is just a short term money making scheme.

If they really wanted to drive the membership scheme & make it a long term alternative to having a S/T then they should have just gone S/T holders, followed by members ( but closed entry in sept)as I'm pretty sure there weren't that many members come the start of the season. They could have sold the memberships on the back of "priority" for tickets after S/T holders, so nobody could complain. It would mean that next season and subsequent seasons memberships would have become popular.What they've done now is killed it stone dead. Who is going to shell out £25 at the start of the season, when they can just pay £25 when we get to a cup final. FFS surely that makes more business sense.

The problem you've got is so many people will get tickets, and the people who get them won't be complaining. If they had thousands of complaints, then they may realise the cock up this is. But as they wont get many, and people with a genuine grievance like yours, will also get mixed up with other non deserving sob stories, that they'll just ignore it. I know it's a forlorn plea, but I hope everybody who thinks this system unfair writes in to the club, even if they did get a ticket. I certainly will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave my tickets up as my youngest 2 lads are playing academy football. They simply couldn't play & give us time to get to games.

The reason its relevant, is my 10 year wants to know why all the hours in the car for the last 5 years of having a ticket means F.A. to the club & clearly to you. I don't have an answer that washes with him (& in fairness with me). Where were all the season ticket holders in League One?? Answer, no f'ing where. Its the usual Premier League BS.

Why shouldn't the club give a **** about someone who has bought 36 season tickets over the last 8 seasons?? Because I committed to the club when it needed it most, put my hand in my pocket when others couldn't give a ****, that's why.

Ive done 5 games this season. 3 away & 2 at home. Means nothing.

Where were the other 25000+ who didn't go to Anfield?? Probably though we were going to get knocked out...........

The Southampton way..............................................

They need to publish objective criteria to sell the tickets in an open and fair manner.

They have never, not as far as I'm aware in my lifetime anyway, given priority for ticket sales to people who used to have a season ticket but don't now.

I feel sorry for you and your kids but you want the club to make a one-off exception for you. Because... well because it's you, basically.

I repeat - I feel sorry for you regarding the away game criteria. I think you're being a bit incontinent regarding the historic STs though.

Edited by benjii

so if fans lve 200 miles from SMS but only 30 miles from the Northern games makes them more important than say myself who lives 40 miles away from SMS and goes to the home games. I respectfully would suggest that fans who live up north go to those away games as they are much closer and less of a nuisance.

Of course they do, SMS for me is a 10 hour, 600 mile round trip, the closet game to me (Burnley) is 100 miles, 3 hour round trip. Which one I am I going to go to if I can only go to one game a month?

Why were only home games counted? If someone goes to 4 home games a season why should they be prioritised over an away fan who has been to 4 aways? They should have counted each game equally, but they didn't and here's why, we are customers and away tickets don't bring the club any income, which is all they care about.

But there's the rub.

Agree with this. That was a counter-productive and tacky move by the club.

You're right,the whole thing stinks. I'm lucky enough to have a S/T but can still see the unfairness of it. Allowing people to become members just because we got to a cup final is just a short term money making scheme.

If they really wanted to drive the membership scheme & make it a long term alternative to having a S/T then they should have just gone S/T holders, followed by members ( but closed entry in sept)as I'm pretty sure there weren't that many members come the start of the season. They could have sold the memberships on the back of "priority" for tickets after S/T holders, so nobody could complain. It would mean that next season and subsequent seasons memberships would have become popular.What they've done now is killed it stone dead. Who is going to shell out £25 at the start of the season, when they can just pay £25 when we get to a cup final. FFS surely that makes more business sense.

The problem you've got is so many people will get tickets, and the people who get them won't be complaining. If they had thousands of complaints, then they may realise the cock up this is. But as they wont get many, and people with a genuine grievance like yours, will also get mixed up with other non deserving sob stories, that they'll just ignore it. I know it's a forlorn plea, but I hope everybody who thinks this system unfair writes in to the club, even if they did get a ticket. I certainly will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout, I managed to get a ticket (not where I believe I deserved based on "points", but a good enough seat) but I'll also send an email to the T/O.

Have i got this right

Monday, any tickets that are left go on general sale ?

Too early to say. If there's tickets left after the window for members with five home games, the club will announce the plan from there. That may or may not be a general sale.

Got back from holiday late last night and booked my ticket today from what was available. Do you know if Wembley allow you to take in binoculars...?

The view's really not bad at all. Obviously you can't pick up on the nitty gritty but you'll be able to follow who's who no problem, so long as your general eyesight is alright.

Also, I concur that the membership thing is a bit cynical but I didn't buy mine on the off chance we'd make a final. It was to get tickets/decent seats at popular away games, and it worked out pretty well.

Edited by DuncanRG

Of course they do, SMS for me is a 10 hour, 600 mile round trip, the closet game to me (Burnley) is 100 miles, 3 hour round trip. Which one I am I going to go to if I can only go to one game a month?

Why were only home games counted? If someone goes to 4 home games a season why should they be prioritised over an away fan who has been to 4 aways? They should have counted each game equally, but they didn't and here's why, we are customers and away tickets don't bring the club any income, which is all they care about.

Do you think McDonalds would give you special terms if you went to Burger King as its closer for you. Its a business, we look at it as a community. I have given plenty of time and angst supporting the club over the years but am now in the same position as you as I have forfeited my right as I gave up my S/T a few years ago.

It

I bought Membership at the start of the season and used it for priority for the Europa Bundle, and when we all thought we would sell out Inter away. I was annoyed Liverpool away semi final didn't count (as well as Arsenal away) as I went to that match, so bought a ticket for the Arsenal drubbing at home (****e match, had to sit in the Chapel etc.) after Saints said it counted. I think it was worth it, got my tickets this morning.

There is still like 5000 tickets left so every chance they'll release more criteria. Might go +4,+3,+2,+1 or may go to General sale, that's what for Inter we did didn't we? General and a purchase history after members.

Southampton FC is a business, as are all football clubs, if they can peddle out memberships halfway through the season, at full price, obviously they will.

Too early to say. If there's tickets left after the window for members with five home games, the club will announce the plan from there. That may or may not be a general sale.

Somebody on twitter asked the club....

will they come out to general sale or to members without going to games

To which they replied.....

It is unlikely to reach that stage. #saintsfc

Rich, the idiot thinks the only measure of support is money. He also appears to believe the north is very small and every game is just 30 miles away.

Only an utter moron believes not using away games has been fair and the membership scheme has shown up to be a farce.

I'm sorted for tickets but not taking away games into consideration and flogging membership as they have is plain wrong.