EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

My brother bought corporate tickets for me, him and my Dad for Watford, Milan and Shapoel and we have been excluded from the two home game category! Seems a bit unfair as hes put a lot of money in the club coffers with those tickets....

same for me i bought 6 euro tickets for all three home euro ticket plus 4 for milan and prague ....but bought through my company so doesnt count ....grrrrrrrr

24 tickets plus what i have bought on standard homes

People going to away Europe games don't deserve any more than the fans that go to games like Sunderland and Norwich at home on a Wednesday night.

I understand what your trying to say in principle, but honestly, that really isn't the case...Say you travelled 3,200 miles to Israel, taking time of work, spending 100's of your hard earned-how does that put them on an even keel with those who spent £20 on a Wednesday night?

I've said all along it should have just been on games attended home or away fairest way to do it.

I just find it amusing that there are a number of people claiming to be super fans because they could manage to get to a load of away games including abroad..... but somehow doing a couple of homes games is just to difficult.

As someone who used to go to games in Southampton from South Wales and often to more away games than homes, I can relate to the issue - but there's no way away attendance is as important to the club financially as home games, and I wouldn't have expected it to be reflected in the criteria.

As it is, there are only (apparently) 150 people in this situation and the club has found a way to give them a chance at the tickets, which resolves every complaint other than those from people who don't go to 2 games a season or don't want to pay for a membership.

My solution to struggling to get tickets to the 2003 FA Cup Final was easy enough - I moved to Southampton and am now in my 11th successive year of having an ST.

The comments above are saying how they have been to those games but can't get their hands on some final tickets.

Maybe this will make people go to those early Round games next time. If I remember correctly there were only about 10K for palace and Sunderland, shocking when it's £12 a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what your trying to say in principle, but honestly, that really isn't the case...Say you travelled 3,200 miles to Israel, taking time of work, spending 100's of your hard earned-how does that put them on an even keel with those who spent £20 on a Wednesday night?

People who went to Europa League aways will get priority for future European games. Actually those who went to Israel already got priority for Prague.

It's completely fair, and making the eligibility competition-specific also gives people an entry-level ticket to priority for later games at a low cost for matches the club can't sell out as well, which is a great way of allowing people to get invested and go to games without needing to spend loads of money. It might also improve EFL Cup attendances next season too.

What is a suitable time to book a train home with all eventualities considered? Due to the length of my journey it isnt just a case of jump on a train whenever.

With all eventualities considered, I'd suggest Monday lunchtime. ;) A shocking lack of faith in Saints' EFL Cup ambitions has seen me book myself into a Board meeting on the Monday afternoon when I planned the meetings last summer.

Edited by The9

People going to away Europe games don't deserve any more than the fans that go to games like Sunderland and Norwich at home on a Wednesday night.

Not as regards EFL Final tickets go, but in terms of future European aways they should.

Sunderland home should contribute towards EFL ticket priority (it does), and Norwich FA Cup replay should contribute towards an FA Cup (semi or) Final ticket.

People who went to Europa League aways will get priority for future European games. Actually those who went to Israel already got priority for Prague.

It's completely fair, and making the eligibility competition-specific also gives people an entry-level ticket to priority for later games at a low cost for matches the club can't sell out as well, which is a great way of allowing people to get invested and go to games without needing to spend loads of money. It might also improve EFL Cup attendances next season too.

But the allocation for Wembley isn't competition specific, so not sure what your point here is.

Has anyone else got concession tickets ? I have an adult plus 2x U18 season tickets , all three of the final tickets look identical and all carry the adult price not the amount I actually paid.

They are all full adult tickets, we have 2 full price and 1 ambulant/enabler pair and the concessions are only flagged up on the attached address delivery card.

But the allocation for Wembley isn't competition specific, so not sure what your point here is.

It was competition specific for ST holders for initial priority. Obviously there's no point in making it "people who went to EFL Cup games only" as there aren't 32,000 of them, but it should be a factor to encourage people to go to early round matches (as if £12 tickets wasn't enough).

What is a suitable time to book a train home with all eventualities considered? Due to the length of my journey it isnt just a case of jump on a train whenever.

Good luck is all I'll say fella. Waterloo will be ****ing chaos win or lose (not checked the Sunday return timetable yet but hopefully they will at least extend all trains to 10 carriages). Lose and the trains home could get nasty in all honesty (there are police stat's to back this up based on England being knocked out of major tournaments after people have been boozing all day as well as my memories of Southampton City centre turning into fight club in '03), win and the trains will be just as hectic just a LOT happier!

Not sure how you can plan it really?

Not strictly true as they still pay a booking fee..........................& normally buy crap from the club shop..........................& just maybe a supportive away crowd actually helps Saints gain points.

£2m a position in the league, so if there are any correlation between away support, performance and results then that could be a sizeable contribution to the clubs coffers. That said, I am not sure there is any correlation though.

My brother bought corporate tickets for me, him and my Dad for Watford, Milan and Shapoel and we have been excluded from the two home game category! Seems a bit unfair as hes put a lot of money in the club coffers with those tickets....

This doesn't sound right. Don't know why Corporate tickets bought through the club would be excluded.

Got tickets in the end via an authorised reseller from club Wembley. Expensive, but included a night in a hotel in London on the Saturday. If anyone is still desperate for a ticket, might be worth a try.

may i ask how much/how? I promised my kids I'd take them but am finding it hard as they haven't been to enough games

£2m a position in the league, so if there are any correlation between away support, performance and results then that could be a sizeable contribution to the clubs coffers. That said, I am not sure there is any correlation though.

The comeback against Championship Watford in the League Cup from 4-0 down to lose 5-2 in 2004-ish with swathes of the Saints fans sarcastically supporting Watford would suggest not.

Has anyone actually received their tickets yet? I thought they were being sent out this week but I haven't received anything yet, should I be w=worried?

I've seen a few photos on social media from friends, and I've got a couple at home. They're phasing the postage and the TO told me not to worry if they hadn't arrived until Feb 23rd.

They are all full adult tickets, we have 2 full price and 1 ambulant/enabler pair and the concessions are only flagged up on the attached address delivery card.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think they'll all the scan the same , ie it doesn't matter who's is who or will I have to make sure our group of 8 has the correct ticket as per the delivery card?

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think they'll all the scan the same , ie it doesn't matter who's is who or will I have to make sure our group of 8 has the correct ticket as per the delivery card?

Makes sense to match them up just in case someone is checking (though the practicalities of asking for concession proof at the time surely make the check not viable), but Wembley probably don't care as they're sending out all adult tickets, and as one of our allocated tickets we've got so far is marked as concession on the delivery card but is in a non-disabled row I'm fairly sure the club are not that bothered either.

You're flying over from Oz?

You're surprised?

Lot of the lads came over for Arnhem - we had lads from Greece Holland Germany & 9 of us from down here meeting up next to the fan zone.

In Milan, Travel Mush flew in for a day trip from Cambodia, met two Thai Fans from Bangkok who'd had to do the whole Shengen Visa thing.

Currently 6 of us from Dubai coming home for the weekend pulling every stunt on the planet to blag tickets and time off work

AussieSaint20 is more than a list of Pubs - every name on that list has a decent turnout every week of idiots like us

We are just 1 ticket short of a full load and he had 4 Aways this season including Everton (and Milan), so fingers crossed

#globalsfc - WE spread the word, not sure the club values us so much at times though

The additional seats are in decent positions...

AT29ajyxAi8jlrX1852C1Hm4jJQ3hfzuecizDg_-30pPj42ACZqzmejtqaWhyP6pR8rloTFJNAYgHVyhpw-N09-80uRiCgMfTfDj64p_GCnyu7Z-VNQ7JalmIlkv02jTZFQ_0RdoAgGhKExHWuitGETAAKb3Ul6tBjfP71C5KNEnRVHnIUO2ZT4bRHr6N82XSc-cR4IRJaswAGxBLt8WPrfyb3jPIpMpTg8OKT7HA-a35TTBxA3uyjIREl5DltvACGQWFCYixBb1NCe8gIZfjDotyfsKbMhLF5W1BsvJsjbxKIpZbh4HYpWcd_3C-CKeX9EwMa4PlyByNlz0iikO7XxImOJXzzBjb-mrm-y47ZibhidtK3dZdsC5Wv8JLfOddvEGkgtLAEwQs70RqLrZdBhVX52sGdvfbHO3D9O7k8zEscwobQZHtSO1kcq4KrwadQOBHSWSttAwq2KJlBB-jRPUUeD13Q5ED4xbfvo6nRoxBPYderpp1jHSnb2Vk0IzWqT1SH4ILiLU783ifsSbElTAz0jTkmPfPn95ibW68Mys4MDbNZskAaN7jC8lskI6FseF9WX_Rpwh5XYNEi7ZumHNF2nN_jawx3OsgP3UquvT0mkywdqyBg=w844-h841-no

Gotta admit, having been shafted by the queueing system when the last batch of season ticket holder tickets went on sale, and being stuck up in the top tier, seeing those seats available now to the people that have been to two home games stings a bit.

were those half way line bottom tier South stand actually available in the original sale?

Don't know but my brother has just secured a better seat than I bought as a season ticket holder. It pays to go away I guess. Pleased that he's got one. We've been to every final since 76.