EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

OK, financially....................that should be the only benefit worth quantifying.

So 15 years of season tickets previously mean **** all then. Seriously................

I do sympathise but no club has ever taken sort of thing into account - they're soulless corporations like any other business. I'd liked them to have recognised the L1 loyalty or any token of goodwill i.e. Free cup game and suck up the costs but come to expect f all just bs videos.

I do sympathise but no club has ever taken sort of thing into account - they're soulless corporations like any other business. I'd liked them to have recognised the L1 loyalty or any token of goodwill i.e. Free cup game and suck up the costs but come to expect f all just bs videos.

That's not strictly true. Man City (at least they used to) have a points system that goes back years. The draw back with this is that it's more difficult for new/younger fans to 'get on the ladder'. It's swings and roundabouts...

That's not strictly true. Man City (at least they used to) have a points system that goes back years. The draw back with this is that it's more difficult for new/younger fans to 'get on the ladder'. It's swings and roundabouts...

Interesting. I don't see why they just can't give every game home and away individual loyalty points and just use a rolling 3 seasons. Obviously need to factor in ST and could do on a diminishing basis i.e. Points accumulated from last season gets reduced by say 40% going into the following season. Straightforward to have a cumulative total against each membership. A bloody spreadsheet could do it!

In addition could also let 'uber fans' brag about their score.

Edited by whelk

Interesting. I don't see why they just can't give every game home and away individual loyalty points and just use a rolling 3 seasons. Obviously need to factor in ST and could do on a diminishing basis i.e. Points accumulated from last season gets reduced by say 40% going into the following season. Straightforward to have a cumulative total against each membership. A bloody spreadsheet could do it!

In addition could also let 'uber fans' brag about their score.

Sounds a sensible and fair suggestion to me.

I posted this on the Inter thread last year and do feel there must be a fairer way of doing things (although I'm ok as a ST with one EFL cup game I now have mine) ...

I think we should have some sort of loyalty scheme based on purchase history over, say, the last five years. Something like 100 pts for each season as a season ticket holder, 15 pts for each away, 5 pts for each home purchase. Not saying the weighting here is right just the principal of loyalty points. It would be relatively easy to set up as each member & ST holder already has a history and maybe fairer when it comes to these big games.

Gave up my ST when moved north. I accept I can't get a ticket through normal channels. Fortunately I can afford one from a ticket site but therein lies my quandary. I don't like lining their pockets, football is just becoming all about money with no thought for the fans and l think we'll just play in a negative way with the hope of springing a surprise.

Gave up my ST when moved north. I accept I can't get a ticket through normal channels. Fortunately I can afford one from a ticket site but therein lies my quandary. I don't like lining their pockets, football is just becoming all about money with no thought for the fans and l think we'll just play in a negative way with the hope of springing a surprise.

Just had a look on a couple of sites.

about £250 a ticket. then some throw on £80 booking fee

sod that

Whatever happened to the points system Saints introduced?

Good question. All they refer to now is making sure when you order tickets you do it in the ticket holders name so it shows on their purchase history.

i understood there would be points given for attending away matches, early cup games, friendlies and so on that would credit you with more points the less attractive the game was.

At some point it becomes difficult to manage again. If you give more points to an away game someone will complain that a Midlands based fan attending midlands games is not deserving of as many poits as someone coming from Southampton?

I think as people have said there is no easy solution and someone will always be unhappy.

The system if fine, whatever they do some people will moan.

That's about right. I've got 4 on my membership, and it's my own fault for not getting an Arsenal ticket, or putting Liverpool on my card. F*ckwit that I am.

Something will turn up for me though, it always does.

Should be a points based system like England away is. Rewards loyalty. That is all it should come down to. Typical of saints to think with their bank balance, and that's coming from a Southampton based ST holder who does aways who got a ticket on Thursday. Joke how they allocated them.

From someone who is not likely to get a ticket, I think the club have been as fair as possible. People who put money in the coffers now should get priority. Away fans are die hard fans, I agree, but they in the main are not spending money with the club when going to those games. I suspect 99% of those will have a S/T or attendence to get a ticket.

There will always be genuine fans who miss out, and sadly for me Iam going to be on of them as i gave up my S/T after many many years due to business commitments.

I was there in the dark days but Im not there now and so I have to accept my lot. I could of course make up a 'X-Factor' stroy to try and get somebody give me a ticket like I have read on social media but I cant stoop ot that.

It just doesn't really make any sense to me that every away game ticket is distributed on the grounds of how many away games you've been to. But when that away game is Wembley, they don't count anymore? Should just be 'members that have purchased 8 games this season', rather than home or away. Personally.

OK, financially....................that should be the only benefit worth quantifying.

So 15 years of season tickets previously mean **** all then. Seriously................

So if the club start giving fans who used to have a S/T that means fans who are currently going week in week out may miss out. You like me gave up our tickets and have to accept it, painful as we all feel justification to get one, but the club have to look after its paying customers now, not years ago

Get on the site 15 minutes early. I'd imagine there's a hidden queue, as this is what I did and it let me go straight on at 9.

Refresh the site a couple of seconds before it hits 9, this way, depending on your internet speed, when it goes 9 o'clock you should be one of the first in the queue.

That makes no sense; surely doing what you suggest in paragraph 2 would take you out of the 'secret queue', which you are supposing exists in paragraph 1? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes no sense; surely doing what you suggest in paragraph 2 would take you out of the 'secret queue', which you are supposing exists in paragraph 1? [emoji848]

It doesn't refresh automatically. I'm no tech whizz, but this is what I did and I was checked out in 10 minutes.

Does anyone know how many season tickets and members the club has? Club won't tell me but like to know to work out if member +6 games is in with any chance. I'm not a season ticket holder after 20 years as far to expensive.

I'd also like to know as my son and I have only been to 5 games so far this season, we haven't been able to get to the Sunday games this year... Hoping we can still manage to get a couple of the last few!

Had to do it via the phone as disabled son, took hour and 15 mins and kept getting cut off every ten minutes, had 3 phones on the go. In the end I got 3 tickets imn block 548 row 7. Happy with that. Also got the hotel booked for a night in London Afterwards. Let's put All our efforts into winning this cup instead of moaning about the club. Off to Wembley!!

Had a fraught time myself. Got on to the website fairly easily, chose tickets, 'purchased' ,then at the final stage it said there was a problem with my transaction, my basket was empty but I may have been charged, and to contact the club. £230 maybe down the drain and no tickets apparently.

35 minutes of loud phone muzak later, finally got a human being who said the error message was wrong and we had got tickets. So, ok in the end, I *think*, but I'll be a bit nervous till the tickets actually arrive.

Had a fraught time myself. Got on to the website fairly easily, chose tickets, 'purchased' ,then at the final stage it said there was a problem with my transaction, my basket was empty but I may have been charged, and to contact the club. £230 maybe down the drain and no tickets apparently.

35 minutes of loud phone muzak later, finally got a human being who said the error message was wrong and we had got tickets. So, ok in the end, I *think*, but I'll be a bit nervous till the tickets actually arrive.

When the website has calmed down, log back on and check your purchase history. If it's in there then you got the tickets.

It seems to me the ticket site stays open for the current criteria until 30 minutes before the next criteria opens up. Then 30minutes before it opens, a list of those that log on to sfc on a first come first serve basis in the 30 minutes is set up behind the notice page displayed. At the time of opening those that are high up on the list automatically see the log in home page the rest get the two time boxes, estimated and elapsed and at the appropriate time they enter. Anybody that logs in after that gets the page with the time estimate.

It seems to me the ticket site stays open for the current criteria until 30 minutes before the next criteria opens up. Then 30minutes before it opens, a list of those that log on to sfc on a first come first serve basis in the 30 minutes is set up behind the notice page displayed. At the time of opening those that are high up on the list automatically see the log in home page the rest get the two time boxes, estimated and elapsed and at the appropriate time they enter. Anybody that logs in after that gets the page with the time estimate.

Will try both on Tuesday in different browsers....a member who has done 14 home games, unfortunately the guys I normally go with including my dad are all bottom tier! Sure they'll be quite a few lone rangers in Wembley where the people they go with are of different criteria.

Should be a points based system like England away is. Rewards loyalty. That is all it should come down to. Typical of saints to think with their bank balance, and that's coming from a Southampton based ST holder who does aways who got a ticket on Thursday. Joke how they allocated them.

Totally agree, amazing how there isn't a clear points scheme in place at the beginning of the season so everyone is aware of what they may need to do to get tickets for all important games. This may also encourage people to go to more games. Also the membership scheme is an absolute joke and purely a money making thing. I got mine at the beginning of the season thinking it would help in such occasions as I was not confident of being able to get to a huge amount of games however, you can still buy one today to support your chances of tickets! I have been to 5 home and a couple away including Arsenal in the cup, but it doesn't look like many will be left for that final round of criteria. Fingers crossed.

Totally agree, amazing how there isn't a clear points scheme in place at the beginning of the season so everyone is aware of what they may need to do to get tickets for all important games. This may also encourage people to go to more games. Also the membership scheme is an absolute joke and purely a money making thing. I got mine at the beginning of the season thinking it would help in such occasions as I was not confident of being able to get to a huge amount of games however, you can still buy one today to support your chances of tickets! I have been to 5 home and a couple away including Arsenal in the cup, but it doesn't look like many will be left for that final round of criteria. Fingers crossed.

I think everyone knows that the fairest way is a points system, you'd have to be utterly mental to think that people who've only done homes games deserve priority to those that have done aways too.

Likewise i'd probably "weight" games too, so first round cup games worth more than a home game against a big club (who should be the lowest), likewise midweek away at Swansea or Stoke should be worth more than a cup game at Arsenal where we get 15% of capacity.

Also by the same logic the away game to Israel should count for significantly more than any other game we'd have played all season.

I know a fair few other clubs run this kind of system - Spurs for example - and it seems by far the fairest. Especially since season ticket holders start with a significant number of points each season, but members can catch them and over take if they do more games.

If anyone is struggling for a ticket, please feel free to message me as I may be able to sort something out

Hi I don't think I can message you but feel free to email me ref tickets aathlh25@sky.com.

As a lot of others been to 6 aways this year but only 2 home games which means I don't make the clubs cut.

Cheers

I think everyone knows that the fairest way is a points system, you'd have to be utterly mental to think that people who've only done homes games deserve priority to those that have done aways too.

Likewise i'd probably "weight" games too, so first round cup games worth more than a home game against a big club (who should be the lowest), likewise midweek away at Swansea or Stoke should be worth more than a cup game at Arsenal where we get 15% of capacity.

Also by the same logic the away game to Israel should count for significantly more than any other game we'd have played all season.

I know a fair few other clubs run this kind of system - Spurs for example - and it seems by far the fairest. Especially since season ticket holders start with a significant number of points each season, but members can catch them and over take if they do more games.

I was discussing this with a couple of Wolves ST holders when out on the bike on Friday. They are allocated, say 300 points for their STs and then each away is worth say 30 and each home 20 on a match by match basis. Those with the most points get 1st shot at the rarer tickets.

To cut away attendance out completely as the club has done is utterly farcical and a mere exercise in money making by saying both the Arsenal and WHU games counted.