EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

There are exactly 39,165 seats in the upper tier, so our allocation for the upper is approximately 19,000 once you take out seats lost from segregation. From looking at the plan I reckon there's still a good 10,000+ left for members, which would suggest the vast majority of ST holders took up their ticket.

I was discussing this with a couple of Wolves ST holders when out on the bike on Friday. They are allocated, say 300 points for their STs and then each away is worth say 30 and each home 20 on a match by match basis. Those with the most points get 1st shot at the rarer tickets.

To cut away attendance out completely as the club has done is utterly farcical and a mere exercise in money making by saying both the Arsenal and WHU games counted.

This is by far the fairest way but for the club it seems like to much hassle to do what is right for the supporters, I really feel like the only thing that matters to the club now is making as much £££ as possible

Does anyone know how many tickets get given to members of staff at the club or how many tickets they have each? Do club shop staff get tickets etc?

I've got a ticket so doesn't effect me. Just a general question and if what they take affects the fans allocation?

I'd be amazed if low-level staff were guaranteed tickets, given United will have considerably more than us.

I've been told by someone who works at SMS as a steward that all club staff have been given (yes given) 2 tickets each, and the stewards themselves are guaranteed 1 each (although they have to pay for theirs).

That's weird I was speaking to a steward on Saturday who I know really well and he was saying they had no guarantees of tickets yet as the club had been given far less for themselves than they expected.

Maybe something has changed since but would be strange to do so on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a bit tough on some of them stewards if they couldn't secure a ticket, I'd guess most of them are fans and would probably have STs if they weren't on duty every home game. Some may do a lot of away games but by giving up the need for a ST some very loyal fans may have given up their deserved chance of a cup final ticket.

I think everyone knows that the fairest way is a points system, you'd have to be utterly mental to think that people who've only done homes games deserve priority to those that have done aways too.

Likewise i'd probably "weight" games too, so first round cup games worth more than a home game against a big club (who should be the lowest), likewise midweek away at Swansea or Stoke should be worth more than a cup game at Arsenal where we get 15% of capacity.

Also by the same logic the away game to Israel should count for significantly more than any other game we'd have played all season.

I know a fair few other clubs run this kind of system - Spurs for example - and it seems by far the fairest. Especially since season ticket holders start with a significant number of points each season, but members can catch them and over take if they do more games.

yep - that way it gives everyone a chance should we get to a final and also rewards those who cannot for whatever reason get a ST or make every home game.

I was discussing this with a couple of Wolves ST holders when out on the bike on Friday. They are allocated, say 300 points for their STs and then each away is worth say 30 and each home 20 on a match by match basis. Those with the most points get 1st shot at the rarer tickets.

To cut away attendance out completely as the club has done is utterly farcical and a mere exercise in money making by saying both the Arsenal and WHU games counted.

Why do fans who go to away matches feel they are entitled? Away games earn the club nothing financially and so why should they give a ticket to a fan who goes to more aways than home against somebody who goes to every home PL game.

As I have put earlier Iam not getting a ticket but feel the club have done the right thing. Some of the away fans also have a lot of the away games that seem like home games as they are close.

I think our away supporters are superb but can see why the club prioritises the home fans

Why do fans who go to away matches feel they are entitled? Away games earn the club nothing financially and so why should they give a ticket to a fan who goes to more aways than home against somebody who goes to every home PL game.

As I have put earlier Iam not getting a ticket but feel the club have done the right thing. Some of the away fans also have a lot of the away games that seem like home games as they are close.

I think our away supporters are superb but can see why the club prioritises the home fans

I'm noway guaranteed a ticket (7 home games), but went to Liverpool and Arsenal away in the cup, i assumed they would count for something, they don't!

This was my first hit in google

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/efl-cup-final-tickets-efl-cup.html

those prices though :scared: and I have idea how legit these sort of sites are

Has anyone used this website previously? If that's the price it takes then that'll be what gets paid.

If anyone is struggling for a ticket, please feel free to message me as I may be able to sort something out

Justin, I'll try and message you on here. If not do you have an email address I can get you on?

Anyone who measures support for a club in mere financial terms is at best, naive.

So if I don't go to home or away games, yet open my wallet and hoover up every piece crap they sell in the club shop I should be front of the line for a cup final ticket?

Would be interesting to know how many members we have

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

a poll on here would give a decent guesstimate, if numbers of members were compared to numbers of ST holders, since we know fairly well the total number of ST holders.

I've got access to Club Wembley tickets but my son wants to go in with the 'proper fans'. We're in the second membership tranche so looks like we'll be towards the back of the upper tier. So now I'm torn... Seats with a decent view in Club Wembley, but at the 'wrong' end of the stadium, versus tickets at the Saints end but with a poorer view. Decisions, decisions...

I've got access to Club Wembley tickets but my son wants to go in with the 'proper fans'. We're in the second membership tranche so looks like we'll be towards the back of the upper tier. So now I'm torn... Seats with a decent view in Club Wembley, but at the 'wrong' end of the stadium, versus tickets at the Saints end but with a poorer view. Decisions, decisions...

I think those without a ticket would love to be able to make your decision!!!!

sit at the wrong end and bait the man u fans....

If anyone is struggling for a ticket, please feel free to message me as I may be able to sort something out

Hi Justin. Am a season ticket holders so have my ticket. My son is a mad Saints fan but studying in St Andrews so does not qualify for tickets. He and his wife are looking for tickets. Would be most grateful if you could help find 2 tickets. My email is mike_onoufriou@btinternet.com. Many thanks.

well flights are booked but still no sign of any of my friends/relatives being able to source me a couple of tickets so the way things are going we are going to need to use one of the ticketing agencies (unless the ticket supply goes down to members without any games at all this season), so has anybody actually used a ticketing agency and can give a positive report?

Whelk I hope you`re not insinuating that i`m trying to make money out of people, hopefully I`ve replied to all messages/emails received

Nothing of the sort. Very noble of you to offer.

And I was just taking p1ss. If I were to acquire an extra I have many mates who will but my hand off so would never sell above face value.

Whelk I hope you`re not insinuating that i`m trying to make money out of people, hopefully I`ve replied to all messages/emails received

Looking for 1 for my brother as looking a bit desperate.

5 aways 2 home (including Israel..) struggled to make home games this year due to being at uni.