EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

I agree the people on sunday will be people that have ST with young children or ST that live long distances from St marys and cant physically get to evening games. based on the low numbers that covers it seems pointless penalising them particularly when they have multiple aways as well. hey ho at least we get tickets though

Not really I have a ST and chose not to go to cup games other than Europa this season could have gone didn't. Now I'm jumping all over it like a plastic glory hunter....but hey that's one of the reasons to get a ST.

I've tried for 4 hours on my iPad from Australia and made 2 (very expensive) calls on my mobile but Ticket Office say they can't sell me tickets over the phone. There seems to be a software bug where you put tickets in your basket but it doesn't recognise you as having logged in. When you try (again) to log in it tells you that you're already logged in. It then tells you that you have no tickets in your basket. Clicking on the basket brings them up again but tells you that you're logged out. And so it continues. Issue seems to be that you can't access the drop down menu to show your supporter number against a ticket. Only solution I can think of is to phone a friend and get them to do it for you on a pc rather than iPad. Good luck if you're on holiday with an iPad!

Not really I have a ST and chose not to go to cup games other than Europa this season could have gone didn't. Now I'm jumping all over it like a plastic glory hunter....but hey that's one of the reasons to get a ST.

out of interest, if the criteria (for getting cup final tickets) was first dibs to those that attended earlier rounds and then season ticket holders, would you have gone to the earlier rounds. And would that different criteria effect your decision to get a ST?

General question. Does the guarantee of cup final tickets have a bearing on whether or not you get a ST?

General question. Does the guarantee of cup final tickets have a bearing on whether or not you get a ST?

I'd say it has a slight impact. The one year I was struggling to renew and thinking about just doing games as a non st holder if definitely entered my mind that the year I didn't get a season ticket was bound to be the year we get to a cup final.

It as annoying that because I couldn't get to the home ties of the EFL cup I have to wait til Sunday despite attending the majority of our away games this season and all the other home games, oh well upstairs in Wembley's chapel it is!

Got mine at 9am this morning. Waited in a queue for 7 minutes then I was in. I almost fell for getting the £56 tickets in the £72 block but then figured out that if you click on the block itself, you can pick your seats. 3 tickets duly purchased in block 131.

I've tried for 4 hours on my iPad from Australia and made 2 (very expensive) calls on my mobile but Ticket Office say they can't sell me tickets over the phone. There seems to be a software bug where you put tickets in your basket but it doesn't recognise you as having logged in. When you try (again) to log in it tells you that you're already logged in. It then tells you that you have no tickets in your basket. Clicking on the basket brings them up again but tells you that you're logged out. And so it continues. Issue seems to be that you can't access the drop down menu to show your supporter number against a ticket. Only solution I can think of is to phone a friend and get them to do it for you on a pc rather than iPad. Good luck if you're on holiday with an iPad!

That's a bummer. Given they've only recently re-platformed the website it ought to be able to cope with iPads. Good luck!

in 41 years nothing has changed if you want to be guaranteed a ticket for a final, get a season ticket and give the club your money up front.

although in 76 we had vouchers, very few season ticket holders those days, and had to queue at the Dell for hours

Was actually talking about this last night how we had to queue overnight, had football matches in the car park. Endless stream of people dropping off hot drinks to their friends and family and and everyone playing football in the car park. Remember seeing a boy about 9 years old dressed in his PJ's in the queue with his Dad overnight. Wouldn't of wanted it any other way.

out of interest, if the criteria (for getting cup final tickets) was first dibs to those that attended earlier rounds and then season ticket holders, would you have gone to the earlier rounds. And would that different criteria effect your decision to get a ST?

I think so. I mean I like going to the football so its not the only reason I get a ST but I'll be honest the cup games are extra expense on top of a ST and I was determined to do all the Europa home games so the other cups lost out. If there was no Europa I might have done a cup game or two but knowing I get a first dib on a cup final is certainly factored in to my consideration to purchase a ST.

Was actually talking about this last night how we had to queue overnight, had football matches in the car park. Endless stream of people dropping off hot drinks to their friends and family and and everyone playing football in the car park. Remember seeing a boy about 9 years old dressed in his PJ's in the queue with his Dad overnight. Wouldn't of wanted it any other way.

happy days

I think so. I mean I like going to the football so its not the only reason I get a ST but I'll be honest the cup games are extra expense on top of a ST and I was determined to do all the Europa home games so the other cups lost out. If there was no Europa I might have done a cup game or two but knowing I get a first dib on a cup final is certainly factored in to my consideration to purchase a ST.

Try and log in now, ours worked even though one didn't have any efl tickets against them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. Given they've only recently re-platformed the website it ought to be able to cope with iPads. Good luck!

It's always worth clearing your cookies for this website as that sometimes breaks the loop. I have faound that this can work on other ticketing sites. Or it may be something to do with Java on Safari.

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website data

"Clearing cookies from a specific website is helpful if you are having issues with a single website, but you don't want all of your usernames and passwords cleared from all the other websites you visit. You can delete cookies from a specific website by going into the Advanced settings at the bottom of the Safari settings.

In the Advanced tab, choose Website Data.

If it isn't on the first page, you can choose 'Show All Sites' to get the full list.

You can swipe your finger from right to left on the website's name to reveal a delete button. When you tap the delete button, the data from that website will be removed.

If you have trouble deleting data by swiping, you can make the process easier by tapping the Edit button at the top of the screen. This puts a red circle with a minus sign next to each website. Tapping this button will reveal the Delete button, which you must tap to confirm your choice.

You can also remove all website data by tapping the link at the bottom of the list."

in 41 years nothing has changed if you want to be guaranteed a ticket for a final, get a season ticket and give the club your money up front.

although in 76 we had vouchers, very few season ticket holders those days, and had to queue at the Dell for hours

ST should always get 1st dibs but to suddenly use home attendance only over away attendance or a mix of both for everyone else is just plain wrong in my book.

ST should always get 1st dibs but to suddenly use home attendance only over away attendance or a mix of both for everyone else is just plain wrong in my book.

I think the restriction is only to control the number of STs logging on in the first couple of days. Every ST holder who wants a ticket can get one.

Got mine at 9am this morning. Waited in a queue for 7 minutes then I was in. I almost fell for getting the £56 tickets in the £72 block but then figured out that if you click on the block itself, you can pick your seats. 3 tickets duly purchased in block 131.

What do you mean?

Why? I know people who live up north, as I do, who have done 4 home games but 7/8 away games. Why should their support be valued less than someone based in Soton who has been to 5 home games but no away games.

Doesn't affect me but totally agree.

Don't think I have ever felt so fed up with Saints.

I bought season tickets the minute we were relegated to League 1 & kept them until this summer.

Why didn't I renew?? Two of my three sons are playing academy football on Saturday mornings & I live in rural Shropshire. They have to play Notts Forest, Leicester, Oxford etc which are all over 90 miles away from home. We simply cant get to games.

We have been to 6 games this year including always & it counts for nothing.

Saints have really let us down & that loyalty of hundreds & hundreds of games over many years means absolutely nothing.

Ive emailed the club & they haven't even bothered replying.

To say I am ****ed off with Southampton FC is an under estimation....................

All those midweek trips following 6-1 home defeats, trips to Hartlepool, Exeter & Rochdale mean absolutely nothing.

Cheapest corporates I can get are 400 quid each.......................

How do away games benefit the club?

It's about rewarding loyalty not just giving money to the club. Those that do aways, when set against the people that have done the same amount of homes, are clearly more loyal and therefore deserve the first choice in the line.

I bought season tickets the minute we were relegated to League 1 & kept them until this summer.

Why didn't I renew?? Two of my three sons are playing academy football on Saturday mornings & I live in rural Shropshire. They have to play Notts Forest, Leicester, Oxford etc which are all over 90 miles away from home. We simply cant get to games.

Saints have really let us down & that loyalty of hundreds & hundreds of games over many years means absolutely nothing.

To say I am ****ed off with Southampton FC is an under estimation....................

All those midweek trips following 6-1 home defeats, trips to Hartlepool, Exeter & Rochdale mean absolutely nothing.

I feel sorry for you but there's always going to be someone with a hard luck story.

The fact is that demand outstrips supply. You'd be better off being annoyed with football authorities only allocating 2/3 of capacity to the clubs than being annoyed with Saints.

It's a very tricky and emotive subject but I suppose the differences between a northern based supporter who travels to 5 or 6 northern away games and a southern based supporter who travels to 5 or 6 home games are very marginal. Now a northern based supporter who travels to home games may be a different story. I guess the only sensible and fair solution is the much mentioned points system. Would certainly seem to be fairer to me.

I'm in the same boat as you mate, went week in week out at the Dell, SMS, the crap times on the way down to league one, I remember going to away games In the 90s when we'd have a couple of hundred fans there and be glad just to see a shot on target. Had a season ticket for years. 4 years ago I moved up north for family reasons and now a home game is a 10 hour, 600 mile round trip, with a young family not something I can do very often, especially as work takes me away from home regularly during the week. I still go away though and still a member, would have qualified for the top level of membership applications if they'd counted all games but as they only count homes I'm miles away. I didn't even qualify via northern saints as haven't always used them for tickets, booking them myself. Luckily for me a mate has managed to sort me out a ticket in club Wembley so I will be going but that's due to him calling in a few favours. I do feel let down by the club that they haven't given a second thought to fans that don't live in an SO postcode. It's to like they even gave northern saints a slightly bigger allocation, it was just the small amount they usually get. I've no problem with season ticket holders getting first dips but outside of that its not been a fair way of allocating tickets.

I'm lucky enough to have mine but do think this particular system is flawed in two ways . Away games clearly should count for members and also allowing people to become members purely to get tickets is BS. Where is the respect for people who were members before we got to a cup final? Counting the Arsenal & West Ham games confirms they're just chasing additional revenue rather than being scrupulously fair.

It is disappointing that my decision to go to Palace away rather than say Palace at home in the league cup has cost me an extra few quid, meant I had to watch that absolute shower of **** and am now one behind in the final pecking order! Oh well..

What do you mean?

Lord Duckhunter said a mate of his had ended up with a yellow seat instead of a green one as there were a few rows of yellow seats at the front of the green blocks. It's easy to do unless you double check your basket before paying. You click on the block which says they're £72 tickets but unless you select specific seats, it allocates seats at the front in the £56 ticket section.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you mate, went week in week out at the Dell, SMS, the crap times on the way down to league one, I remember going to away games In the 90s when we'd have a couple of hundred fans there and be glad just to see a shot on target. Had a season ticket for years. 4 years ago I moved up north for family reasons and now a home game is a 10 hour, 600 mile round trip, with a young family not something I can do very often, especially as work takes me away from home regularly during the week. I still go away though and still a member, would have qualified for the top level of membership applications if they'd counted all games but as they only count homes I'm miles away. I didn't even qualify via northern saints as haven't always used them for tickets, booking them myself. Luckily for me a mate has managed to sort me out a ticket in club Wembley so I will be going but that's due to him calling in a few favours. I do feel let down by the club that they haven't given a second thought to fans that don't live in an SO postcode. It's to like they even gave northern saints a slightly bigger allocation, it was just the small amount they usually get. I've no problem with season ticket holders getting first dips but outside of that its not been a fair way of allocating tickets.

I'm a member mate too. Won't bother again though. Might as well watch none league football..............Ignoring always is total bull!!!!

When my kids were really young I stopped going regularly for few years. I couldn't get FA cup final ticket v Arsenal. I didn't think or expect that my endless home and away games prior to this would help me secure a ticket.

I accepted that I was fcked if we got to a cup final. There will always be hard luck stories but if they did use countless years of loyalty there would be far more moaning.

Didn't realise Arsenal and WH game counted though. That is dreadful but not surprising as our club is as greedy as the rest.