EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Arse I couldn't get tickets down there as they were all sold out by the time I came to ST with no EFL games.

I got one on that day.. you just weren't quick enough ;)

But not sure there's anything the club can do if there is a change in allocation. Just the luck of the draw unfortunately!

I got one on that day.. you just weren't quick enough ;)

But not sure there's anything the club can do if there is a change in allocation. Just the luck of the draw unfortunately!

Yeah I needed two together got on at 10 that day and though the lower tier was marked as having limited availability their wasn't a single seat that wasn't grey.

My uncle wanted to get a ticket, he is a member and has been to several games this year. Unfortunately he doesn't use a computer, either calls or goes to the ticket office. It means that none of his purchases have been linked to his membership (not really sure how this can happen, would have thought they'd need his customer number even if calling?), so will instead have to wait until it goes to members with no purchase history. Unlikely I'd say!

Bit of a shame, and shows how for all the convenience the online system brings to most of us, it can leave a few out in the cold somewhat!

My uncle wanted to get a ticket, he is a member and has been to several games this year. Unfortunately he doesn't use a computer, either calls or goes to the ticket office. It means that none of his purchases have been linked to his membership (not really sure how this can happen, would have thought they'd need his customer number even if calling?)

Surely that's the case? (edit: although it is possible to have a 'customer number' on the database but not be a member. Did he explicitly tell them he was a member when booking tickets over the phone?)

They said it was a change in the allocation, maybe the FA realised they didn't need all the tickets they had held back for staff etc.

It would be interesting to know where those newly released tickets were on the lower tier and if all in the same block, did anyone see and take notice? It could give a hint as to whether the FA or Saints put them up.

Heard Man Utd got an additional 5k this week for the same reason.

Noone could really complain if United were given that many extra tickets considering the demand their end but 5,000 extra seems a little hard to believe. Where have the FA suddenly found all these seats from, just can't see where, other than corporate, they could be situated?

It would be interesting to know where those newly released tickets were on the lower tier and if all in the same block, did anyone see and take notice? It could give a hint as to whether the FA or Saints put them up.

Noone could really complain if United were given that many extra tickets considering the demand their end but 5,000 extra seems a little hard to believe. Where have the FA suddenly found all these seats from, just can't see where, other than corporate, they could be situated?

What? I would certainly be complaining about that. Why would it not just be allocated 50/50? If Man U have more demand for tickets, that's their problem.

What? I would certainly be complaining about that. Why would it not just be allocated 50/50? If Man U have more demand for tickets, that's their problem.

Because we're struggling to sell the allocation we have and they know United would sell that other 5k in an instant. Makes perfect sense.

If I'm getting tickets for me and my two kids do all of us have to have gone to the allotted number of games or just me as the buyer (I have membership)

99% sure they also have to have the right amount of games from experience on buying other tickets with these sort of rules. all goes against their customer number. Though not sure if kids have them?! (I don't have any so wouldn't know.)

Because we're struggling to sell the allocation we have and they know United would sell that other 5k in an instant. Makes perfect sense.

It's because we are dripping ours through with silly criteria, change home games, to home and away games and watch it sell, i've been to a few away games and only 2 home games this year in my name... just waiting for 9am tomorrow to hit.

I've had Wembley ringing me, desperately trying to flog me stupidly priced tickets,so I guess they are not selling as well as they'd thought, one of the deals was,buy 1 club Wembley ticket for £1740 then you can buy as many tickets for the cup final as you want for £300 each,so I guess they need to shift them....perhaps this is where the extra allocation has come from.

Level 5 Block 537 been greyed out since the tickets started selling. Maybe for staff etc, don't know how many seats in a block but cant see that all being sold out so may go out to supporters.

The people I know that are on staff tickets are in lower tier (block 136 I think). Not sure if they specifically chose these seats or if they had a block.. I suspect they got the choice.

I do know that they had 3 windows of opportunity to buy them, 2 of which were whilst it was still on sale to ST holders who'd attended x amount of LC games.

It's because we are dripping ours through with silly criteria, change home games, to home and away games and watch it sell, i've been to a few away games and only 2 home games this year in my name... just waiting for 9am tomorrow to hit.

Yep, people saying this is a poor show from our fans...you honestly think there are people out there ABLE to buy tickets and choosing not to?

This is because a lot of people with 2/3 home games never thought it would get this far and so didn't buy a membership when the sale periods were announced and also because people with more aways than homes have been shafted.

Yep, people saying this is a poor show from our fans...you honestly think there are people out there ABLE to buy tickets and choosing not to?

This is because a lot of people with 2/3 home games never thought it would get this far and so didn't buy a membership when the sale periods were announced and also because people with more aways than homes have been shafted.

This, honestly can't believe the club have treated away fans like this tbh. I hope those with 3+aways but limited home can get a ticket.

Why didn't they just say members with x amount of games (home and away)?

It makes me feel sick that someone who only brought a couple of europa tickets (and lives within a couple of miles from St Mary's) could get one for the final and someone who lives out of Southampton (cannot get down every other Saturday) and has numerous away's will miss out.

Indeed. Where did you hear that Sour Mash? Can't see any announcement to that effect online anywhere.

maybe Saints are waiting until they have fleeced as many fans as possible for £26 memberships before announcing there are 5000 extra tickets which will be available to non members. Or am I being too cynical?

Are you on crack cocaine? Are we fu_ck struggling to sell our allocation. It's the utterly insane way the club have chosen to do it, in order to flog memberships, that means it's taken so long.

This, honestly can't believe the club have treated away fans like this tbh. I hope those with 3+aways but limited home can get a ticket.

Why didn't they just say members with x amount of games (home and away)?

It makes me feel sick that someone who only brought a couple of europa tickets (and lives within a couple of miles from St Mary's) could get one for the final and someone who lives out of Southampton (cannot get down every other Saturday) and has numerous away's will miss out.

I've already contacted the club regarding this and just got pied off with some excuse about memberships having additional benefits, so clearly they're avoiding the issue...

As stated by my colleague the criteria today will drop to Official Members who have attended at least 3 home fixtures in the 2016/17 season. Tomorrow the criteria will drop to Official Members who have attended at least 2 home fixtures in the 2016/17 season.

There will not be any further criteria announcements after this point. Therefore as you have only attended one fixture this season you will not meet our criteria for this fixture.

M

An email received by my mate.

As stated by my colleague the criteria today will drop to Official Members who have attended at least 3 home fixtures in the 2016/17 season. Tomorrow the criteria will drop to Official Members who have attended at least 2 home fixtures in the 2016/17 season.

There will not be any further criteria announcements after this point. Therefore as you have only attended one fixture this season you will not meet our criteria for this fixture.

M

An email received by my mate.

So they'd leave tickets unsold, assuming they don't sell out tomorrow?

Hold on, so those with just the one home (like me and my mate) clinging onto a faint hope of it going that far are waiting it out for virtually no reason? i.e. if it doesn't sell out to 2+ homes it then goes straight to a complete free-for-all? Surely they'll be intermediate "members + 1 home" and then "members" before going on general sale?

Hold on, so those with just the one home (like me and my mate) clinging onto a faint hope of it going that far are waiting it out for virtually no reason? i.e. if it doesn't sell out to 2+ homes it then goes straight to a complete free-for-all? Surely they'll be intermediate "members + 1 home" and then "members" before going on general sale?

Nope they will leave it on 2 mate and thats it. They will not release the next set of criteria.

I have based it on my mates email. If there are genuine unsold tickets then they could have really boosted that membership sale by making it a free for all.

and this is a surprise? if you want a measure of how big our hardcore support is just look at our league one attendances (21,000 average) we've managed to find another 7000-8000 fans since we got back to the PL who weren't interested back then.

There aren't many teams in the country that would average more than 21,000 in League One. There have been none that have managed it in the last 4 seasons.

When your stadium capacity is just over 30,000, part of that is allocated to away fans and there are 24,000 season ticket holders it is difficult to build a much bigger 'core support' than we already have. We have averaged over 30,000 in every top flight season we've ever had at St Mary's so there really isn't room for expansion of our core support. The same was true of our last 5 years at the Dell. But, the move to a bigger stadium showed how quickly our number of regularly attending supporters can grow if there is room for it.

I did not expect to get a ticket having only been to 4 home games this season, but now have one thanks to a very determined son (6 games) who stuck with the very busy website. Whilst the membership requirement may seem unfair and mean a few tickets go unsold I am assuming the club do not want to be inundated with plastic south coast Mancs ending up in Saints Fans seats if they put them on open general sale, imagine the whinging on here if some of us found ourselves sat next to one of these. I do not however understand how they cannot allow non members with purchase history for home and away games to buy tickets.

I did not expect to get a ticket having only been to 4 home games this season, but now have one thanks to a very determined son (6 games) who stuck with the very busy website. Whilst the membership requirement may seem unfair and mean a few tickets go unsold I am assuming the club do not want to be inundated with plastic south coast Mancs ending up in Saints Fans seats if they put them on open general sale, imagine the whinging on here if some of us found ourselves sat next to one of these. I do not however understand how they cannot allow non members with purchase history for home and away games to buy tickets.

I'm sure we would not be sat with them for long

I've already contacted the club regarding this and just got pied off with some excuse about memberships having additional benefits, so clearly they're avoiding the issue...

Which is utter bullsh*t. Are they saying that people who go to away games only don't have memberships? I know for a fact that this isn't the case.

IMO very poorly handled by the club.

They probably will eventually.....

Indeed. Where did you hear that Sour Mash? Can't see any announcement to that effect online anywhere.
Think I was wrong, only 500!

On a separate point, absolutely crazy if we don't sell out a Wembley final. Why on earth can't they go on sale to those with away games against their account? Ridiculous.