Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

1. Default

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-...tional-tickets Additional 663 tickets on sale from 12 today, for members with 3 AWAY games

Rest of tickets still going on sale to members with 2 homes at 9am this morning

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wimborne_saint View Post
    https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-...tional-tickets Additional 663 tickets on sale from 12 today, for members with 3 AWAY games

The wording on that announcement from the club is almost exactly as I wrote to them!!!!
    Lets see how I get on this morning.........................And then this afternoon.

Southampton Football Club is pleased to announce it has received an additional allocation of 663 tickets from Wembley for the EFL Cup final.
    In light of this, the club has decided to put these on sale from midday today and allow Official Members who have attended at least three AWAY games this season to be given the chance to secure a seat.

Please note, Official Members who have purchased at least two home games this season will still be able to buy tickets from 9am today, as scheduled.
    The full sales criteria is now as follows:

Thursday 16th February:

– 9am: Official Members who have attended at least TWO home games from the 2016/17 season

– Midday: Official Members who have attended at least THREE away games from the 2016/17 season

Tickets will be sold online only. All competitive first-team games (league, domestic cup and European) count towards the criteria.
    To date, tickets for the clash with Manchester United, at Wembley, have been on sale to Official Members who have purchased a set number of home games.

However, we recognise that it is not simple for all fans to make it to St Mary’s, and that some instead choose to follow the team on a regular basis away from home.

We are extremely grateful for this support, and would like to acknowledge that commitment by allowing those fans the opportunity to purchase seats at Wembley.

Please note, we expect these to be the final sets of ticketing criteria for the final.
    Last edited by marc_saint; 16-02-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Good to see the club listening to feedback.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-...tional-tickets

This is sensible. The club did listen!

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Good to see the club listening to feedback.
    Not really. They'd run of options to sell to fans just based on home tickets. If they'd sold out just on that basis, they wouldn't have given a passing thought to those who'd just bought aways.

7. Default

When waiting on the website for it to reopen, does it do it automatically or do you need to refresh at 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Mash View Post
    Not really. They'd run of options to sell to fans just based on home tickets. If they'd sold out just on that basis, they wouldn't have given a passing thought to those who'd just bought aways.
    Rubbish. They could easily have just moved on to general sale to anyone with a home purchase history.

Some people just want to slag the club off whenever they can.

9. Default

When waiting on the website for it to reopen, does it do it automatically or do you need to refresh at 9?
    It's automatic

10. Default

Well done SFC for listening to the fans and announcing the last criteria for tickets, I really don't think they could have done anymore. You are never going to satisfy everyone.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    It's automatic
    cheers

I wonder if the extra tickets are upper or lower tier?

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"

Good news at least the legion of saints fans who managed to attend every away game in league, cups and Europe but couldn't manage a couple of home games because of the distance will have a chance at cup final tickets now...

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    It's the best way to go Kenny, you get the overground to Willesden and change. As a local (ish), this is the way I get to the NFL.
    Yes but good luck getting a car into Richmond and parking on that day.

15. Default

That was easy...got put through straight away and off the site within 2 minutes. Look back on now and its a 45 minute wait, got lucky!

Just bought my two tickets. Haven't got e-mail confirmation though so a little worried.

That was easy...got put through straight away and off the site within 2 minutes. Look back on now and its a 45 minute wait, got lucky!
    Refreshed bang on 9am as I have for every other time I've been on so far, straight into the 45 minute queue... been in for 11, 16 minutes remaining now...

Never mind, got it! Buzzing.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Refreshed bang on 9am as I have for every other time I've been on so far, straight into the 45 minute queue... been in for 11, 16 minutes remaining now...
    You shouldn't have refreshed, if you stay on the site before its open it puts you straight on. If you refresh you lose your place in the queue

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty 76 View Post
    Just bought my two tickets. Haven't got e-mail confirmation though so a little worried.
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can now take my youngest to Wembley to watch Saints!!!!!!!!!!

Get the %%%% in!!

You shouldn't have refreshed, if you stay on the site before its open it puts you straight on. If you refresh you lose your place in the queue

Hasnnt done any time I've been in yet, had to manually do it. The other three times I've been straight in, or in within 5 minutes.

This. i just waited and had a 6 minute queue.

Quote Originally Posted by corky morris View Post
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the %%%% in!!
    Nice one. Pleased for you.

Bloody hell they're going fast though, every time I chose a seat it couldn't add to basket, I assume because somebody else had beaten me to it. Got one in the end but that seating plan is turning grey very quickly!

Sold out in the next 5 minutes I've been told.
    Better hurry guys.

Sold out. God i hate the queue system sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by marc_saint View Post
    Rubbish. They could easily have just moved on to general sale to anyone with a home purchase history.

Some people just want to slag the club off whenever they can.
    Thinking that fans that go regularly to away games and don't live near St Marys should have some priority over those who haven't been to a game all season since we won at Anfield isn't slagging off "the club whenever they can", unless you're very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
    Well done SFC for listening to the fans and announcing the last criteria for tickets, I really don't think they could have done anymore. You are never going to satisfy everyone.
    Prioritising fans who regularly go away over those that haven't been to a game prior to our win at Anfield?

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Good news at least the legion of saints fans who managed to attend every away game in league, cups and Europe but couldn't manage a couple of home games because of the distance will have a chance at cup final tickets now...
    Not sure why it has to affect legions of fans to be the wrong policy.

Sold out!

B*ll*cks!

Money wasted on flights. Feck it......

sold out.

Plan B. Mug someone wearing a jesters hat outside the ground on match day.. I get in, they don't. Win win.

So are those extra tickets at 12 just for fans with 3 aways or for anyone else still making the previous criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydie View Post
    So are those extra tickets at 12 just for fans with 3 aways or for anyone else still making the previous criteria?
    Still making the previous criteria

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

A Cupboard. Say Cupboard with me..CUBBERD

Great. I got and it kicked me out and put me back in the queue. Now it's sold out. FML.

I got the sold out message
    Kept trying and finally got 2 tickets

Quote Originally Posted by corky morris View Post
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the %%%% in!!
    Love this

I read it as only available for members with 3 away games or more.

Quote Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
    I did not expect to get a ticket having only been to 4 home games this season, but now have one thanks to a very determined son (6 games) who stuck with the very busy website. Whilst the membership requirement may seem unfair and mean a few tickets go unsold I am assuming the club do not want to be inundated with plastic south coast Mancs ending up in Saints Fans seats if they put them on open general sale, imagine the whinging on here if some of us found ourselves sat next to one of these. I do not however understand how they cannot allow non members with purchase history for home and away games to buy tickets.
    Because then they wouldnt sell so many memberships. I bought 2 memberships earlier in the week just to assure my Wembley tickets.

37. Default

Quote Originally Posted by marc_saint View Post
    Still making the previous criteria
    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    That's how I read it too. I think the ones being sold at midday are exclusively for the away matches criteria. It is open to interpretation though.

Edit: scratch that.... the club tweeted this earlier:

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC
    The tickets at midday will still be available to those who qualify now. #saintsfc
    Last edited by trousers; 16-02-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    That's how I read it too. I think the ones being sold at midday are exclusively for the away matches criteria. It is open to interpretation though.
    Looks like we were both wrong! The ticket website now stating that the additional tickets are open to members with 2 home games and members with 3+ aways.

THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN AGAIN AT THE START OF THE NEXT TICKET SALE.
    Once the sale starts, you will be placed in a queue and be allocated a position on a first come first served basis.

Thank you for your patience.

EFL Cup Final: Our allocation of 31,461 has now sold out.

At 12 noon, an additional 663 tickets will be on sale to supporters who meet EITHER of the following criteria:

Official Members who have attended at least TWO home games from the 2016/17 season

OR

Official Members who have attended at least THREE away games from the 2016/17 season.

^ From the site.

That is going to be one almighty scramble at midday!

41. Default

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    From what I've been told, according to the email sent to members with 3+ aways yesterday, there are only 150 people in that category. As there are 600+ tickets, they must be making them available to others (once the 3+ aways group gets a go at them this afternoon).

The original allocation was 31,461 so with these additional tickets that will now be 32,124 Saints fans (+ Club Wembley etc.), hopefully most regular home fans (and loyal aways), ST holders and members, will now be catered for.

People only going to away games are not putting any money into the club, I am not sure why they have this enormous sense of entitlement.

If the club have set aside a few hundred tickets for that group then fine, but be grateful, donīt keep slagging them off for not putting you above home fans in the pecking order.

45. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monkou View Post
    People only going to away games are not putting any money into the club, I am not sure why they have this enormous sense of entitlement.

If the club have set aside a few hundred tickets for that group then fine, but be grateful, donīt keep slagging them off for not putting you above home fans in the pecking order.
    Not strictly true as they still pay a booking fee..........................& normally buy crap from the club shop..........................& just maybe a supportive away crowd actually helps Saints gain points.

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Red&White View Post
    The original allocation was 31,461 so with these additional tickets that will now be 32,124 Saints fans (+ Club Wembley etc.), hopefully most regular home fans (and loyal aways), ST holders and members, will now be catered for.
    Indeed, hopefully most, but not me. My fault though.

I purchased a membership back in July but, living abroad as I do, have only been over for the two home matches. I should have bought an Arsenal ticket, knowing that it wouldn't have been used, so that I could have bought yesterday. I didn't because I didn't think it would down that far. Internet connection played up just before midday (9.00 UK time) so got put in a long queue; now have to go to work and will be sat in a recording studio when it reopens.

Oh well. Congrats to all who are going. Enjoy your day out. Sing loud and clear for those of us who can't be in Wembley. I'll still fly over and watch it either in a pub somewhere, or on TV, with the old man and much alcohol.......

COYS (just don't expect me to ever buy a membership in the summer again)

Blog Entries

Also, as I just rang the TO about only a couple of our group of tickets being delivered they are indeed phasing the posting, and as some of the ones we bought are different categories they may well turn up separately even though they were ordered at the same time (they'd better!).

Quote Originally Posted by Monkou View Post

Ticket allocation should reflect loyalty and support, not direct financial transactions to the club. By your confused logic, someone with a season ticket in the centre blocks of the Kingsland should have priority over someone with a season ticket in the Northam.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Mash View Post
    Not sure why it has to affect legions of fans to be the wrong policy.

I've said all along it should have just been on games attended home or away fairest way to do it.

I just find it amusing that there are a number of people claiming to be super fans because they could manage to get to a load of away games including abroad..... but somehow doing a couple of homes games is just to difficult.

My brother bought corporate tickets for me, him and my Dad for Watford, Milan and Shapoel and we have been excluded from the two home game category! Seems a bit unfair as hes put a lot of money in the club coffers with those tickets....