EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Not really. They'd run of options to sell to fans just based on home tickets. If they'd sold out just on that basis, they wouldn't have given a passing thought to those who'd just bought aways.

Rubbish. They could easily have just moved on to general sale to anyone with a home purchase history.

Some people just want to slag the club off whenever they can.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-02-16/efl-cup-final-wembley-additional-tickets Additional 663 tickets on sale from 12 today, for members with 3 AWAY games

Rest of tickets still going on sale to members with 2 homes at 9am this morning

Good news at least the legion of saints fans who managed to attend every away game in league, cups and Europe but couldn't manage a couple of home games because of the distance will have a chance at cup final tickets now...

That was easy...got put through straight away and off the site within 2 minutes. Look back on now and its a 45 minute wait, got lucky!

Refreshed bang on 9am as I have for every other time I've been on so far, straight into the 45 minute queue... been in for 11, 16 minutes remaining now...

You shouldn't have refreshed, if you stay on the site before its open it puts you straight on. If you refresh you lose your place in the queue

Hasnnt done any time I've been in yet, had to manually do it. The other three times I've been straight in, or in within 5 minutes.

Rubbish. They could easily have just moved on to general sale to anyone with a home purchase history.

Some people just want to slag the club off whenever they can.

Thinking that fans that go regularly to away games and don't live near St Marys should have some priority over those who haven't been to a game all season since we won at Anfield isn't slagging off "the club whenever they can", unless you're very simple.

Well done SFC for listening to the fans and announcing the last criteria for tickets, I really don't think they could have done anymore. You are never going to satisfy everyone.
Prioritising fans who regularly go away over those that haven't been to a game prior to our win at Anfield?

Good news at least the legion of saints fans who managed to attend every away game in league, cups and Europe but couldn't manage a couple of home games because of the distance will have a chance at cup final tickets now...
Not sure why it has to affect legions of fans to be the wrong policy.

I did not expect to get a ticket having only been to 4 home games this season, but now have one thanks to a very determined son (6 games) who stuck with the very busy website. Whilst the membership requirement may seem unfair and mean a few tickets go unsold I am assuming the club do not want to be inundated with plastic south coast Mancs ending up in Saints Fans seats if they put them on open general sale, imagine the whinging on here if some of us found ourselves sat next to one of these. I do not however understand how they cannot allow non members with purchase history for home and away games to buy tickets.

Because then they wouldnt sell so many memberships. I bought 2 memberships earlier in the week just to assure my Wembley tickets.

So are those extra tickets at 12 just for fans with 3 aways or for anyone else still making the previous criteria?

Still making the previous criteria

I read it as only available for members with 3 away games or more.

That's how I read it too. I think the ones being sold at midday are exclusively for the away matches criteria. It is open to interpretation though.

Edit: scratch that.... the club tweeted this earlier:

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

The tickets at midday will still be available to those who qualify now. #saintsfc

Edited by trousers

That's how I read it too. I think the ones being sold at midday are exclusively for the away matches criteria. It is open to interpretation though.

Looks like we were both wrong! The ticket website now stating that the additional tickets are open to members with 2 home games and members with 3+ aways.

THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL REOPEN AGAIN AT THE START OF THE NEXT TICKET SALE.

Once the sale starts, you will be placed in a queue and be allocated a position on a first come first served basis.

Thank you for your patience.

EFL Cup Final: Our allocation of 31,461 has now sold out.

At 12 noon, an additional 663 tickets will be on sale to supporters who meet EITHER of the following criteria:

Official Members who have attended at least TWO home games from the 2016/17 season

OR

Official Members who have attended at least THREE away games from the 2016/17 season.

^ From the site.

I read it as only available for members with 3 away games or more.

From what I've been told, according to the email sent to members with 3+ aways yesterday, there are only 150 people in that category. As there are 600+ tickets, they must be making them available to others (once the 3+ aways group gets a go at them this afternoon).

People only going to away games are not putting any money into the club, I am not sure why they have this enormous sense of entitlement.

If the club have set aside a few hundred tickets for that group then fine, but be grateful, don´t keep slagging them off for not putting you above home fans in the pecking order.

People only going to away games are not putting any money into the club, I am not sure why they have this enormous sense of entitlement.

If the club have set aside a few hundred tickets for that group then fine, but be grateful, don´t keep slagging them off for not putting you above home fans in the pecking order.

Not strictly true as they still pay a booking fee..........................& normally buy crap from the club shop..........................& just maybe a supportive away crowd actually helps Saints gain points.

The original allocation was 31,461 so with these additional tickets that will now be 32,124 Saints fans (+ Club Wembley etc.), hopefully most regular home fans (and loyal aways), ST holders and members, will now be catered for.

Indeed, hopefully most, but not me. My fault though.

I purchased a membership back in July but, living abroad as I do, have only been over for the two home matches. I should have bought an Arsenal ticket, knowing that it wouldn't have been used, so that I could have bought yesterday. I didn't because I didn't think it would down that far. Internet connection played up just before midday (9.00 UK time) so got put in a long queue; now have to go to work and will be sat in a recording studio when it reopens.

Oh well. Congrats to all who are going. Enjoy your day out. Sing loud and clear for those of us who can't be in Wembley. I'll still fly over and watch it either in a pub somewhere, or on TV, with the old man and much alcohol.......

COYS (just don't expect me to ever buy a membership in the summer again)

Also, as I just rang the TO about only a couple of our group of tickets being delivered they are indeed phasing the posting, and as some of the ones we bought are different categories they may well turn up separately even though they were ordered at the same time (they'd better!).

Ticket allocation should reflect loyalty and support, not direct financial transactions to the club. By your confused logic, someone with a season ticket in the centre blocks of the Kingsland should have priority over someone with a season ticket in the Northam.

Not sure why it has to affect legions of fans to be the wrong policy.

I've said all along it should have just been on games attended home or away fairest way to do it.

I just find it amusing that there are a number of people claiming to be super fans because they could manage to get to a load of away games including abroad..... but somehow doing a couple of homes games is just to difficult.

Indeed, hopefully most, but not me. My fault though.

I purchased a membership back in July but, living abroad as I do, have only been over for the two home matches. I should have bought an Arsenal ticket, knowing that it wouldn't have been used, so that I could have bought yesterday. I didn't because I didn't think it would down that far. Internet connection played up just before midday (9.00 UK time) so got put in a long queue; now have to go to work and will be sat in a recording studio when it reopens.

Oh well. Congrats to all who are going. Enjoy your day out. Sing loud and clear for those of us who can't be in Wembley. I'll still fly over and watch it either in a pub somewhere, or on TV, with the old man and much alcohol.......

COYS (just don't expect me to ever buy a membership in the summer again)

Email me with your customer number, surname, postcode (so I can add you as a friend) and your card details (if you trust me not to rob you) and I'll try do your ticket for you at midday. If you provide me with a UK address I could post it to, I post it there for you too.

kaiser_7@hotmail.co.uk

Ticket allocation should reflect loyalty and support, not direct financial transactions to the club. By your confused logic, someone with a season ticket in the centre blocks of the Kingsland should have priority over someone with a season ticket in the Northam.

Actually, I think that is exactly how it should be. If there was ever a need to allocate less seats for a game than there are season tickets (an FA cup final maybe) then it is right that the premium season ticket holders would get priority.

Loyalty and support are very subjective terms anyway. If someone lives in Carlisle and goes to a few games up north, are they more Loyal than the saints fan in China with a ton of replica kits who stays up till 5am to watch us on tv and never misses a game?

I've said all along it should have just been on games attended home or away fairest way to do it.

I just find it amusing that there are a number of people claiming to be super fans because they could manage to get to a load of away games including abroad..... but somehow doing a couple of homes games is just to difficult.

Who has claimed to be a super fan?