EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Bottom tier will be standing I expect,

The first 13 rows will be told to sit, repeatedly, as confirmed when we phoned about accessible seating on Tuesday.

FWIW I'm in Block 132, near the exit which is about 2/3rds back in the bottom tier.

I've spoken to Club Wembley and cannot buy a ticket for this game, only a year ticket which covers all Wembley matches. Guess the rules have changed as I too used Club Wembley for the JPT, and yes it was full of shirt wearers!

Unfortunately I don't know any Wembley members, or do you know another way I can try?

The rules haven't changed, the priority of the match you want to attend has changed. Checkatrade/JP Trophy Final isn't on the list of Club Wembley games because they know hardly anyone will want a ticket. EPL Cup (along with FA Cup semi and final, England games, etc) is, because they know people will.

ME too. I qualify for today but my son doesn't as evening games are too late bearing in mind he lives in London with his mum. Gobsmacked that they changed the usual criteria from ST plus aways to ST with home games (in the EFL). Essentially he has a ST and went to Milan, Westham, Leicester and Burnley this year. If I had known that that we would randomly change the criteria i would have bought a ticke for the home games anyway. IMO the ticket office is run by a complete ****wit.

They've moved towards a "competition-specific" approach - Europa priority for Europa games, League priority for League games, EFL priority for EFL games. It's what all the top sides do - I happened to be looking at Liverpool's criteria for their League Cup game v Exeter last season for some reason, and to get a ticket as top priority you needed to have been to something like 7 AWAY League Cup games over the previous 5 seasons. Didn't matter if you were ST, went to Cup Finals or whatever else, just the relevant matches for the same competition.

As for "if I'd known...", well that's the reason the criteria work. Because if everyone had known we'd get to the Final they'd have all chucked £12 at a ticket. They didn't, so the people getting priority are the people who've put themselves out to go to the earlier rounds and pay more to the club, and that's what makes it fair.

ME too. I qualify for today but my son doesn't as evening games are too late bearing in mind he lives in London with his mum. Gobsmacked that they changed the usual criteria from ST plus aways to ST with home games (in the EFL). Essentially he has a ST and went to Milan, Westham, Leicester and Burnley this year. If I had known that that we would randomly change the criteria i would have bought a ticke for the home games anyway. IMO the ticket office is run by a complete ****wit.

In a

He's got an ST so he's guaranteed a seat tomorrow. As are you. Chill out.

Far far better view up higher at Wembley. Lower tier tickets are pricier and offer a worse view.

Best ones I've sat in were (unsurprisingly) Club Wembley at level 2, high enough to see everything without being too far away like the Level 4 seats. Newport County getting back to the Football League came in the second row of the second tier, fantastic view. Losing to York in the FA Trophy Final the year before I was mid level 1 near the half way line and it was surprisingly poor. JPT Final we were level 1 behind the goal but far enough back to get a decent view. Level 1 is ok, but you are a little low down in the first 20-odd rows.

Still miles better than the seats on terrace behind the goal at old Wembley though, I didn't even see Chris Waddle's goal in the 1993 FA Cup Final replay hit the net because the advert boards obscured everything in the 6 yard box! Mind you, that was £10 each for 5 seats together...

Has anybody used the phone lines to order disabled/enabler tickets? What were the queues like and did you get to choose blocks etc?

Phoned up at 9.15 and was done by 10. Only moan is the way they put you on hold for 10-15 minutes only to then tell you that no-one is available and to call back. Having said that it only happened once and you just have to persevere. Full choice of blocks was available.

Phoned up at 9.15 and was done by 10. Only moan is the way they put you on hold for 10-15 minutes only to then tell you that no-one is available and to call back. Having said that it only happened once and you just have to persevere. Full choice of blocks was available.

I rang at 9am on the dot, was queued for 15 minutes and all done by 09:23. Chose our exact seats and was able to pick seats next to the (reserved) ambulant rows for us as we're going as a group.

This was quite useful (http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/wembley-stadium-chart-london/high-resolution/wembley-stadium-london-seating-plan-00a-Detailed-row-block-numbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm)

They've moved towards a "competition-specific" approach - Europa priority for Europa games, League priority for League games, EFL priority for EFL games. It's what all the top sides do - I happened to be looking at Liverpool's criteria for their League Cup game v Exeter last season for some reason, and to get a ticket as top priority you needed to have been to something like 7 AWAY League Cup games over the previous 5 seasons. Didn't matter if you were ST, went to Cup Finals or whatever else, just the relevant matches for the same competition.

As for "if I'd known...", well that's the reason the criteria work. Because if everyone had known we'd get to the Final they'd have all chucked £12 at a ticket. They didn't, so the people getting priority are the people who've put themselves out to go to the earlier rounds and pay more to the club, and that's what makes it fair.

so why then doesnt arsenal away count which incedently we both went to? like i said thats shyte

My mate booked today and let me know where he was so I can sit near him . He's in yellow section but reckoned he was only charged £56. He's in the second row so is this some sort of restricted view , is it a cock up or is he winding me up.

I think the first 10 rows of the lower tier are £56. View not great of the other end.

Help, trying to get 5 tickets all for ST holders. Im in and have put 5 tickets in my basket, but they are all in my name. I cant seem to change it to the other ST holders. It wasnts me to register each one, is that correct as i thought I would only have to give their cust numbers.

Bought some this morning for my folks and their friends - there's a glitch on the ticketing system - 2 of the 4 qualify for concession price but they've all been given the concession price and the order has all gone through successfully. So basically, two have got tickets half price. Anyone else stumbled across this issue?

My dad is linked to my account & is a season ticket holder who went to the home Liverpool game, but I can't seem to get him a ticket. Anyone else had similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mine worked fine - when you get to the purchase page after selecting your tickets he should be listed in the drop down where your name currently will be ?

No mine worked fine - when you get to the purchase page after selecting your tickets he should be listed in the drop down where your name currently will be ?

Oddly it wasn't working, however it did when I let the site randomly allocate me two tickets, meaning I'm not really sat where I'd like to be...but at the end of the day I can't grumble as I'm off to Wembley!

ffs trying to buy 4 for me and mates and saying

A maximum of 1 tickets for Southampton vs Manchester United can be purchased per Supporter Number. To purchase more than 1 tickets, please select an existing Friend and Family Member below, or register a new account for them.

even though they all added...grrr any ideas ??

The first 13 rows will be told to sit, repeatedly, as confirmed when we phoned about accessible seating on Tuesday.

FWIW I'm in Block 132, near the exit which is about 2/3rds back in the bottom tier.

:lol: have a watch of any cup final for the last 5 years, our lower tier will all be stood corner flag to corner flag. United lower tier will all be stood regardless, probably most of their upper tier as well.

ffs trying to buy 4 for me and mates and saying

A maximum of 1 tickets for Southampton vs Manchester United can be purchased per Supporter Number. To purchase more than 1 tickets, please select an existing Friend and Family Member below, or register a new account for them.

even though they all added...grrr any ideas ??

I've just booked multiple tickets together - first clicked on and selected all required seats, they were listed (top left of page) and then I just 'added to basket' they then showed all tickets against my name but just clicked the drop-down box against each ticket and changed to the names listed (previously registered as friends and family).

Long initial wait to get on (but not quite as long as stated) and that was from constantly refreshing from just before 9am.

Help, trying to get 5 tickets all for ST holders. Im in and have put 5 tickets in my basket, but they are all in my name. I cant seem to change it to the other ST holders. It wasnts me to register each one, is that correct as i thought I would only have to give their cust numbers.

Close to your own name there should be something for you to click on and all the names in your 'Family and Friends' will then appear in a drop-down box.

Many thanks to those earlier in the thread who highlighted a problem using an ipad. Forewarned, I used a windows laptop and had no trouble buying for 6 - couldn't have been simpler.

Tickets Bought. Block 133 for me. Few tips for those getting them on Sunday, as that'll be the busiest day without a doubt, so your not queuing for yonks and you get the seats you want.

Get on the site 15 minutes early. I'd imagine there's a hidden queue, as this is what I did and it let me go straight on at 9.

Refresh the site a couple of seconds before it hits 9, this way, depending on your internet speed, when it goes 9 o'clock you should be one of the first in the queue.

Don't rush, you have half an hour to check out, take your time.

Make sure all your accounts are linked the night before, so you don't have mess around getting postcodes and customer numbers of your mates.

Hope this proves helpful.

My dad is linked to my account & is a season ticket holder who went to the home Liverpool game, but I can't seem to get him a ticket. Anyone else had similar?

i got tickets for myself and son earlier. Initially I had the same problem in that it only put my ticket in the basket. I had to repeat the process and specify 2 tickets on the left pane and then change name in drop down box

Go to the second named box, click on the little arrow inside the box on the right hand side of the name, a drop down menu with all your registered names will appear then click on the selected name which will appear in the box. Repeat for all the other boxes. I'm presuming you would want to leave the first box in your name. When you've changed all the boxes just scroll down to the selection boxes at the bottom of the page and select Update Basket. All the details will then change with the correct prices now appearing.

To be fair to Saints, the website has worked well and the queueing system seems fair enough, and not too long. Was expecting it to be more chaotic. Will be interesting on Sunday and when members get their chance.

Trying to book tickets for four friends,what details do i need? and how do i do it,buy one then log in again with their details?

Add your friends to your account as Freinds and Family

for this you only need their customer numbers, surname and Post code

I like what they've done with the allocations and priorities this year. It means next year, cup games against the less glamorous teams may attract a better attendance as people will be afraid of missing out should we make it to the final. Looking at the entire Kingsland stand being empty against Norwich was a sad reflection of our support.

The only thing I think should change, is the first priority should be based on away games.

To be fair to Saints, the website has worked well and the queueing system seems fair enough, and not too long. Was expecting it to be more chaotic. Will be interesting on Sunday and when members get their chance.

i don't actually think Sunday will be that bad other than an initial rush in the first hour like there has been today and yesterday, most season ticket holders had one game on their account (mainly the Liverpool game) so by the end of today i reckon a high % of season ticket holders will have their seats. Most of the lower tier is nearly sold out, but hardly any tickets have been sold for the upper.

I've just booked multiple tickets together - first clicked on and selected all required seats, they were listed (top left of page) and then I just 'added to basket' they then showed all tickets against my name but just clicked the drop-down box against each ticket and changed to the names listed (previously registered as friends and family).

Long initial wait to get on (but not quite as long as stated) and that was from constantly refreshing from just before 9am.

Thanks mate, in the end I deselected my seats / emptied my basket, selected 4 different seats and it worked!

Block 35 Row 20!

I like what they've done with the allocations and priorities this year. It means next year, cup games against the less glamorous teams may attract a better attendance as people will be afraid of missing out should we make it to the final. Looking at the entire Kingsland stand being empty against Norwich was a sad reflection of our support.

The only thing I think should change, is the first priority should be based on away games.

I agree the people on sunday will be people that have ST with young children or ST that live long distances from St marys and cant physically get to evening games. based on the low numbers that covers it seems pointless penalising them particularly when they have multiple aways as well. hey ho at least we get tickets though