EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Blimey, the only tickets left are up in the gods! ..............

In my case - firstly there seems to be enough green dots left for me to get one in the morning - secondly I can't be choosey, having decided for sound reasons to not renew our season tickets this year - 3rdly, I been up there at the back of the gods a few times and imo I don't think its too bad especially when compared with the old wembley, new West ham and restricted view seats in those ultra modern stadia such as goodison park.

I was towards the back for the Bradford League Cup final and thought the view was fine. Helped that their fans were giving it some welly all around the ground, though...

As was I! Third row from the back to be precise, and didn't think it was too bad either.

I've gone for behind the goal, hoping it will be similar to the Northam and not the Chapel!

Assuming the lower behind the goal will be the Northam/Itchen on mass, have to be honest i don't really hold out a huge amount of hope for the atmosphere as our larger supports are usually terrible away from home. Also i've bizarrely seen people on here/social media that seem proud of the fact they're not going to sing, which i find truly f*cking strange given it's our second cup final in 30 odd years!

Assuming the lower behind the goal will be the Northam/Itchen on mass, have to be honest i don't really hold out a huge amount of hope for the atmosphere as our larger supports are usually terrible away from home. Also i've bizarrely seen people on here/social media that seem proud of the fact they're not going to sing, which i find truly f*cking strange given it's our second cup final in 30 odd years!

FFS - hope its not tartan blankets and thermoflasks day out.

I'm gutted I missed out on sitting behind the goal but that area was sold out before the third allocation (ST holders no league cup tickets) got involved which makes me think that there must be quite a few in that area that don't sit in the Northam/Itchen North normally. I can see plenty of arguments about standing and being to noisy ?

I'm gutted I missed out on sitting behind the goal but that area was sold out before the third allocation (ST holders no league cup tickets) got involved which makes me think that there must be quite a few in that area that don't sit in the Northam/Itchen North normally. I can see plenty of arguments about standing and being to noisy

Would've thought/hoped most that bought there would expect it to be the Northam/Itchen, will be seriously annoyed if we end up with the people moaning about standing there, mind you with our support i wouldn't be hugely surprised either.

Doesnt look like many have been brought this morning, starting to hope it could reach 5 games.

was thinking the same, bot that it effects me

Be good if the Club let people know roughly how many tickets left

This might reassure people on 5 games or less regarding their chances of getting ticket

Assuming the lower behind the goal will be the Northam/Itchen on mass

The thing is that bottom tier was virtually sold out after the first day of ticket sales with very few at that point sold in the upper tier. That means that most season ticket holders (with the required additional qualifying matches) be it from the Northam, Itchen, Kingsland and (uh-oh!) Chapel bought in that area, so any idea that it will be mostly lively 'lads' wanting to stand throughout goes out the window.

Likewise, a lot of our more boisterous supporters may not be season ticket holders, if that's the case then they will be in the upper tier. Let's be honest, it's going to be little more than a constant "OWTS" anyway, it's the only song a lot of our fans actually know. Apart from "COYR" which they'll sing anyway despite us being in white and the mancs in red!

I'm gutted I missed out on sitting behind the goal but that area was sold out before the third allocation (ST holders no league cup tickets) got involved which makes me think that there must be quite a few in that area that don't sit in the Northam/Itchen North normally. I can see plenty of arguments about standing and being to noisy

I missed out on tickets there as well. However I will be finding a friend who has a ticket there and squeezing in with him.

The seats at Wembley are big enough (especially given we usually get 2 or 3 to a seat at an away game) and none of us are on the large side.

If anyone moans about standing / singing then they deserve to be kicked out from that area - hopefully it's self managed by fans within that block.

The thing is that bottom tier was virtually sold out after the first day of ticket sales with very few at that point sold in the upper tier. That means that most season ticket holders (with the required additional qualifying matches) be it from the Northam, Itchen, Kingsland and (uh-oh!) Chapel bought in that area, so any idea that it will be mostly lively 'lads' wanting to stand throughout goes out the window.

Likewise, a lot of our more boisterous supporters may not be season ticket holders, if that's the case then they will be in the upper tier. Let's be honest, it's going to be little more than a constant "OWTS" anyway, it's the only song a lot of our fans actually know. Apart from "COYR" which they'll sing anyway despite us being in white and the mancs in red!

Unfortunately this will be the case.

Sounds silly as it's 'our song' but I actually hate that song now.

I should be sung before the game (a little like you'll never walk alone) after a goal and 5 minutes before the end to spur the team on.

We've really got some odd fans and that's being kind. As you say first final in 30 years and some planning to sit like a day out to the park!! [emoji23] UTFS [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've really got some odd fans and that's being kind. As you say first final in 30 years and some planning to sit like a day out to the park!! [emoji23] UTFS [emoji56]

I find it bizarre how many fans seem so reluctant to sing or get behind the team, but some people might find it difficult or painful to stand for the entire game, particularly those of the older generation. I'd probably struggle and I'm in my early 30s!

was thinking the same, bot that it effects me

Be good if the Club let people know roughly how many tickets left

This might reassure people on 5 games or less regarding their chances of getting ticket

When the club worked out the purchasing criteria they would have had a very good idea of how many fans fell into each category and must be pretty confident that they can supply tickets to everyone who meets the published criteria. The only unknown was the fact that the Arsenal and West Ham tickets were still on sale and were part of the eligibility criteria.

I missed out on tickets there as well. However I will be finding a friend who has a ticket there and squeezing in with him.

The seats at Wembley are big enough (especially given we usually get 2 or 3 to a seat at an away game) and none of us are on the large side.

If anyone moans about standing / singing then they deserve to be kicked out from that area - hopefully it's self managed by fans within that block.

The wheelchair and ambulant sections are in Rows 30/31 of the lower tier, so there will be copious amounts of stewarding if any of that is blocked by people standing in front. When my wife rang the club the day before tickets went on sale they passed on that sitting will be enforced by stewards in what she heard as the "front 13 rows" - I'm guessing that's actually the "front 30" given the disabled section. I'm in row 32.

The wheelchair and ambulant sections are in Rows 30/31 of the lower tier, so there will be copious amounts of stewarding if any of that is blocked by people standing in front. When my wife rang the club the day before tickets went on sale they passed on that sitting will be enforced by stewards in what she heard as the "front 13 rows" - I'm guessing that's actually the "front 30" given the disabled section. I'm in row 32.

The areas highlighted here one assumes?

l9VaNoZbNt-Oj-xiQwKs4xCOfyWdpPxuqqCfRLcgKTzE1hHrWBeBy1vt1LAEvMZEs5B0xIB4gagaBhf7ZQ8FfNMx6J-gkhSQqvvcRwz-3n7X-zc2eqJ6xFQC3nz1I2dEXTIk3Ufnr4MtuWHwbNaYujXVBEk2Uy3FogfBjN3GLajDbFM2HL2ttyDaz3GOEfEl8Ecr-EQnQBFbWYOjg_EWnXGtCp69ykwOdIcfia8_ciVwGi1iHYQUh8npBZD70X8ho3q2GYyhx4BPm1KJTu4wiy4GNBOEl2UOeJP7OcDX8rF5Aafhjh7FIoRvWHAhJkXHXCZwyPzphNauRcAJrpLyLcs7vOk0jUnl6KSQksnm2mqrHCbp_SBxvilR3Mhg8QnKSDnRjhe2iDSfNGmMC-Q1lNovWi357y1lsdWQG2iChh_7T5-j0l7eJ-creX_krEDuhFtnDq7g419yTi4VJvYpE86DUD_72JXPWKpYNXu7TL5WnK098Jc4Xkd3XzU66QGljMQQZ4qRQExrf9Dan8ciBE1xbfRO8ZAFO9UgUBclENQBWCBYjooWSDOc2MfYqopdFO22DftfNl_YdpGwaZBKEiITuYPjoo6ilDVCyNMwgviL99YrGIaDWA=w960-h720-no

Even discounting The JPT Final which was less than 7 years ago , where the hell did you get first final in 30 years from ? 2003 FA Cup Final ?

The areas highlighted here one assumes?

l9VaNoZbNt-Oj-xiQwKs4xCOfyWdpPxuqqCfRLcgKTzE1hHrWBeBy1vt1LAEvMZEs5B0xIB4gagaBhf7ZQ8FfNMx6J-gkhSQqvvcRwz-3n7X-zc2eqJ6xFQC3nz1I2dEXTIk3Ufnr4MtuWHwbNaYujXVBEk2Uy3FogfBjN3GLajDbFM2HL2ttyDaz3GOEfEl8Ecr-EQnQBFbWYOjg_EWnXGtCp69ykwOdIcfia8_ciVwGi1iHYQUh8npBZD70X8ho3q2GYyhx4BPm1KJTu4wiy4GNBOEl2UOeJP7OcDX8rF5Aafhjh7FIoRvWHAhJkXHXCZwyPzphNauRcAJrpLyLcs7vOk0jUnl6KSQksnm2mqrHCbp_SBxvilR3Mhg8QnKSDnRjhe2iDSfNGmMC-Q1lNovWi357y1lsdWQG2iChh_7T5-j0l7eJ-creX_krEDuhFtnDq7g419yTi4VJvYpE86DUD_72JXPWKpYNXu7TL5WnK098Jc4Xkd3XzU66QGljMQQZ4qRQExrf9Dan8ciBE1xbfRO8ZAFO9UgUBclENQBWCBYjooWSDOc2MfYqopdFO22DftfNl_YdpGwaZBKEiITuYPjoo6ilDVCyNMwgviL99YrGIaDWA=w960-h720-no

Wheelchair sections are obvious and replace Rows 30/31 where there's a wheelchair section. Initially they also set aside Rows 30/31 where there are seats for ambulant/enabler pairs too, so for instance the back couple of rows of block 132 (labelled with the first "E" of Wembley).

As I'm near the ambulant section but not in it, I think I'm next to the entrance between (letters E/M on the pic) blocks 132/133 personally but even using this detailed plan it's difficult to work out: http://www.mapaplan.com/seating-plan/wembley-stadium-chart-london/high-resolution/wembley-stadium-london-seating-plan-00a-Detailed-row-block-numbers-exact-concert-chart-high-resolution.htm

Anyway, the gist was that they'll be trying to enforce seating in front of the disabled section. Doesn't bother me either way, might bother a few people I know (either way).

Edited by The9

They can try and enforce it all they want, it isn't going to happen.

Not sure if i read you correctly but are you suggesting people should be allowed to stand in front of disabled suporters ?

Not about whether it should be allowed or not. I'm just saying it's unlikely to happen. Every cup final at Wembley is stood behind the goal, pretty sure we were all stood for the JPT. All the Utd fans will be stood.

Agree with those who say don't bother drinking in Wembley.. apart from the stadium it is a desolate hole. We have been allocated the Green Man pub but it will be totally rammed - although the atmosphere will probably be very good!

Where I live is only a 25 minute direct train to Wembley but I'm planning to head to Marylebone/Baker Street first and go for a few beers with some mates before heading to the stadium an hour or two before KO.

In terms of the Lower Tier and the atmosphere - I'm sat there in the right hand corner with 12 season ticket holders from Blocks 38/39 who will be standing and singing.. I sincerely hope the majority do the same! If you've paid £70+ to sit in silence watching your team at a major cup final then you may as well watch it on Sky.

Does anyone know why a few blocks in the top tier are cheaper than the rest? Most say £56 when you hover over them but three or four blocks are saying £40. When I look at the individual seats it doesn't say a price.

The price that displays when you hover over a block isn't necessarily correct. There are two different prices in the remaining blocks depending on whether the seat is located in the front (most blocks £56) or back (most blocks £40) half. When you hover over a block it looks like it just displays one of these prices. I think the only way to confirm the price of a seat when buying is to select it and then add to basket.

I would guess this is because the ticket site is built to support our regular ticketing at St Mary's where each block is a fixed price no matter how far forward or back the seat is located.

Even discounting The JPT Final which was less than 7 years ago , where the hell did you get first final in 30 years from ? 2003 FA Cup Final ?

Ha ha yeah just realised that myself what as i was at both too. Think i meant Wembley final, discounting the jpt final! [emoji15][emoji23]

Agree with those who say don't bother drinking in Wembley.. apart from the stadium it is a desolate hole. We have been allocated the Green Man pub but it will be totally rammed - although the atmosphere will probably be very good!

Where I live is only a 25 minute direct train to Wembley but I'm planning to head to Marylebone/Baker Street first and go for a few beers with some mates before heading to the stadium an hour or two before KO.

In terms of the Lower Tier and the atmosphere - I'm sat there in the right hand corner with 12 season ticket holders from Blocks 38/39 who will be standing and singing.. I sincerely hope the majority do the same! If you've paid £70+ to sit in silence watching your team at a major cup final then you may as well watch it on Sky.

N/T

Edited by Give it to Ron
CANT BE ARSED

So, what do you reckon the criteria will be on Monday? Non members with 5+ games?

if you are a not a member but have 5+ games why don't you quickly get a memebrship sorted out online, thats what loads of other non members did before tickets went on sale

if you are a not a member but have 5+ games why don't you quickly get a memebrship sorted out online, thats what loads of other non members did before tickets went on sale

FFS don't tell people that could do with as many fans as possible not realising that leaving tickets for others who are members +4 etc

yeah, I will do that, but I'd like to get another ticket too ideally for a mate of mine that went to all the europa away games. He lives abroad.