EFL Cup Final Ticket Thread.

rickylambert

Have you looked at a map? Noticed how Southampton is all the way down one end of the country? Like, *all* the way? It's entirely understandable that someone who lives in the North might manage to go to a large number of away matches without having made the *significantly* longer trip to St Mary's. If you're in Yorkshire for example, a good half of the away matches in a season are realistically achievable without wiping out your entire day in the process. Southampton is not, certainly on a regular basis.

Regardless, the whole thing smacks of 'all supporters are equal, but some are more equal than others'. The way the eligibility has been calculated for major matches this season has been unnecessarily beauracratic, ultimately to no effect. Look at the debacle of Inter away, where we had significant numbers of fans shelling out for flights and hotels without actually knowing whether they'd get a ticket or not? The club trotted out this stupidly complicated tiered process and in the end we gave tickets back because we couldn't sell them - at least partly due to the fact that for some, it was so late in the day by the time they were eligible that the trip became unaffordable.

And yes, I was one of those at the San Siro. And no, apparently I'm not a good enough fan to see my club at the cup final. If it ends up as anything but a complete sell out, the club should be ashamed of itself. Ultimately, their priority should be to get as many supporters there as possible - not to shill as many pointless memberships as they can.

yes I've looked at a map , my reply was someone who had done all three Europe aways and others but clearly couldn't be bothered to make any trips to see us at SMS Sounds like someone who likes the glory games but can't be f@xked when it's Leicester at home.

the fans you talk about have tickets for the final, I didnt think I would have to explain that to you. The fans I'm talking about are the ones who haven't a ticket and believe they are entitled just because they live up north, go to game close to them and believe they deserve more than fans like me. and expect the club to push them up the list,I have also have travelled over 100miles to games.Those fantastic committed fans who go week in week out will have a ticket, rightly so

Are you really that dopey? No one has said that at all, what many people have said is that home and away games should be treated equally. Your laughable arguement that away fans don't matter is completely nullified because you don't understand how buying away tickets work, ie if no one went away the club would still have to foot the bill for the tickets.

So tell me dopey old boy, why is a "fan" who has been to 3 home games more deserving than one who has been to 6 or 7 aways? If it does go down to 2 or 3 games then there is also a chance that a non saints fan might get a ticket if they've just bought a membership to see a bit of premier league football now again. Still, I guess you'd rather that than a saints fan who can only make away games, what with the neutral paying into the club and all that. :rollseyes:

To be honest I would stop all the whinging - there is still loads of tickets left and will probably be on general sale. Good in one way as I could only get my ticket today and **** poor that we cannot sell out straight away a major final - I doubt this will do the stadium expansion plans any good

To be honest I would stop all the whinging - there is still loads of tickets left and will probably be on general sale. Good in one way as I could only get my ticket today and **** poor that we cannot sell out straight away a major final - I doubt this will do the stadium expansion plans any good

Why is it **** poor? I'm pretty sure there aren't loads of people sitting around not bothering to buy one. It's just reflective of how many fans we have and the drip feed way the club are selling the tickets.

So, if the tickets don't sell out by tomorrow, what will the club do next? Go down to 4, then 3 etc or include away fixtures?

It's the very faint crumb of hope that is killing me. :spaz::spaz:

I reckon it will just go to a few days for members only, then a few days for anyone with a purchase history.

Are you really that dopey? No one has said that at all, what many people have said is that home and away games should be treated equally. Your laughable arguement that away fans don't matter is completely nullified because you don't understand how buying away tickets work, ie if no one went away the club would still have to foot the bill for the tickets.

So tell me dopey old boy, why is a "fan" who has been to 3 home games more deserving than one who has been to 6 or 7 aways? If it does go down to 2 or 3 games then there is also a chance that a non saints fan might get a ticket if they've just bought a membership to see a bit of premier league football now again. Still, I guess you'd rather that than a saints fan who can only make away games, what with the neutral paying into the club and all that. :rollseyes:

In most cases, Saints fans that travel away from home are the most loyal supporters. A fan having done 5 aways compared to a fan having done 5 homes is likely to be more of a fan. There are a number of people at work (Utd, Liverpool and even a Lincoln) fan who have season tickets just so they can watch regular live football. And they all have Wembley tickets. A points system would be the fairest way, and it's something that was promised.

Why is it **** poor? I'm pretty sure there aren't loads of people sitting around not bothering to buy one. It's just reflective of how many fans we have and the drip feed way the club are selling the tickets.

The club would have worked out that the categories they selected would have covered the 31,000 allocation - that fact that there are loads left would suggest your wrong

In most cases, Saints fans that travel away from home are the most loyal supporters. A fan having done 5 aways compared to a fan having done 5 homes is likely to be more of a fan. There are a number of people at work (Utd, Liverpool and even a Lincoln) fan who have season tickets just so they can watch regular live football. And they all have Wembley tickets. A points system would be the fairest way, and it's something that was promised.

Surely that only applies to fans who do home and away games (and fair play to them). The saint fan who lives up north and does away games instead of home games because they are easier isn't really doing anything that a guy living in Southampton, that only does home games, is doing. Same as someone who lives in say Devon but travels up for home games is he any less of a fan than a guy who lives in the midlands and does Stoke, Leicester and Westbrom? People saying "oh I managed Israel, Prague and Milan but home games are hard to get to." ...erm yeah ok. Trying to gauge fan loyalty based on what games people attend is pointless because everyone circumstances are different. The fairest way to work ticket allocation would have been for the club to just count all saints games home and away.

Surely that only applies to fans who do home and away games (and fair play to them). The saint fan who lives up north and does away games instead of home games because they are easier isn't really doing anything that a guy living in Southampton, that only does home games, is doing. Same as someone who lives in say Devon but travels up for home games is he any less of a fan than a guy who lives in the midlands and does Stoke, Leicester and Westbrom? People saying "oh I managed Israel, Prague and Milan but home games are hard to get to." ...erm yeah ok. Trying to gauge fan loyalty based on what games people attend is pointless because everyone circumstances are different. The fairest way to work ticket allocation would have been for the club to just count all saints games home and away.

Which is exactly why they should have made games count equally, home or away. If they had then it would have probably sold out by now and avoided the potential scenario we'll have if it gets down to 2 or 3 homes games counting whereby you could easily have people who just bought tickets to see a game or to see the team they actually support playing. If all games had counted it would have rewarded members who went to stoke, hull, Burnley etc, there weren't too many neutrals who just want to see a game at any of those in either end.

Just to be clear his isn't about me either, I've got a ticket, this is about rewarding the most loyal fans regardless of where they live, which means the ones that have been to most games rather ones who can only bother going to st Mary's.

I don't think they will bother with 4, 3, 2, 1 etc, I expect it will just be a members free for all. The original categories was just to get people to buy tickets for Saints reserves v Arsenal reserves. All the loyalest fans have tickets, I don't see what difference it makes wether someone has been to two or three games, it's just different degrees of plastic.

yes I've looked at a map , my reply was someone who had done all three Europe aways and others but clearly couldn't be bothered to make any trips to see us at SMS Sounds like someone who likes the glory games but can't be f@xked when it's Leicester at home.

So someone who has had a season ticket for 15 years (regularly attended home & away fixtures) but circumstances has since changed likes the glory games?

Do me a favour pal.

I'm sure if you ask anyone who does away games, they'll tell you that the hardcore who travel away are the most loyal.

Not every one can live round the corner.

I don't think they will bother with 4, 3, 2, 1 etc, I expect it will just be a members free for all. The original categories was just to get people to buy tickets for Saints reserves v Arsenal reserves. All the loyalest fans have tickets, I don't see what difference it makes wether someone has been to two or three games, it's just different degrees of plastic.

'Plastic' fans like myself who can only get to a few games each season due to the cost of flights/hotels etc. Doesnt make sense to have a season ticket. Still a 'loyal' supporter however.

Maybe, I reckon it will sell out by tomorrow anyway- think the criteria we are at now are the fans who probably only buy based on that feel good factor and not for the actual football/team itself i.e. A partial reason why our Anfield semi never sold out because some claimed the football was turgid and cra* to bother travelling/'no point in seeing us lose' comments.

After todays 4-0 reckon sales will go up again.

'Plastic' fans like myself who can only get to a few games each season due to the cost of flights/hotels etc. Doesnt make sense to have a season ticket. Still a 'loyal' supporter however.

Everyone's got a reason why they can't go to all the games. It makes little difference wether someone goes to 2 or 3 games IMO, they might as well open it up to all members and let the ones who want to go the most queue up on line and get tickets.

I have a friend who went to all the league cup home games and is not a member, he went because the tickets were cheaper as like me he has a few kids, there is loads of reasons why people do not go to more than 3-4 games a season, with money being the main factor.

I am lucky I have been to 7 games as a member and got my tickets for me and eldest son, but me and him can only make one away game and 1/2 top 5/6 team home games because it becomes so expensive compared to watching say Sunderland and WBA.

I have looked on the site and I would say we have sold at least 28,750 maybe 29,000, leaving around 2,000 left, I assume the mental prices for top tier is putting some off.

Maybe, I reckon it will sell out by tomorrow anyway- think the criteria we are at now are the fans who probably only buy based on that feel good factor and not for the actual football/team itself i.e. A partial reason why our Anfield semi never sold out because some claimed the football was turgid and cra* to bother travelling/'no point in seeing us lose' comments.

After todays 4-0 reckon sales will go up again.

Begs the question, if we had got smashed 4-0 today to make our bad run even worse, I wonder whether the remaining tickets would have gone?

Fortunately there is a feel good factor after yesterday.

Just a real shame about VVD missing out

Begs the question, if we had got smashed 4-0 today to make our bad run even worse, I wonder whether the remaining tickets would have gone?

Of course they would. They haven't even reached general sale yet and there's only a couple of thousand left.

Had a quick count up roughly 2800 tickets still left.

As a member with 4 home games I'm hopeful of getting a ticket at the start of the week hopefully Saints announce the arrangements for that soon.

I've got mine but I have a mate with membership and 4 games too. He's on tenterhooks. Members with 4 next please ticket office.

They'll want them gone pretty quick with having to sort out postage I reckon. Wouldn't be surprised to see any members with a purchase history this season free for all announced tomorrow.

Agree, there is little point dividing it down any further, those who most want tickets will be first online anyway.

I've got mine but I have a mate with membership and 4 games too. He's on tenterhooks. Members with 4 next please ticket office.

I'm sweating on a 4 Game Membership to get a ticket too!!

Why don't they make the announcement tonight instead of tomorrow FFS.

Going to be the luck of the draw for people being able to access Computor/Phone and maybe be in a queue for 45 mins when they make the announcement!!

They will continue with members before opening it up as they can try to get a few more new memberships that way.

This. To be fair you think a membership would then guarantee a ticket if so.

They can either:

- keep going down Member 4,3,2,1 games

- All Members

- General Sale

Same!! Only have 3 homes to my names seeing as aways don't count! :(

If they apply any kind of logic, and that is far from certain, people with 3 homes will have a very good chance IMO.

My guess is 3 and 4 home on Tuesday,members with current season purchase Wednesday, any current season purchase history Thursday, which would enable the club to get them posted this week.

Quite why the didn't go to 4 today and 3 tomorrow is anybody's guess. I would be amazed if there are many ST holders or Members with 5 + who haven't taken up their ticket. 5% absolute tops.

Good luck folks with 4 and fewer.

Oh, and it would be really nice if some folks on here would lay off the uber fan nonsense. There are plenty of people who have supported the club well who for one good reason or another don't have 5 homes this season on their record.

Because I am involved in non league football nowadays I don't get to watch Saints often, I have only seen them three times this season, So i knew i never stood any chance of getting a ticket for this final and I am not getting too down about it. I never made it in 76 as I was only 9. I went to the 79 league cup final v Forest, the 92 ZDS final v Forest and the 2003 FA Cup final at the Millenium Stadium v Arsenal and i saw the JPT final. If any of you can't make it I reckon the next best thing will be to watch it in the centre of Southampton, so I am heading to the Spitfire to watch it, Hopefully it will be a great day and there will be lots of people celebrating in town. If I were you i'd book the Monday off just in case guys.