Saints vs West Ham: Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

It's a shame that people seem quite happy because they've been proven correct.

You sad, sad people.

Not at all. The difference is we have been playing poor since November. You base your predictions off of hope, we all want to win. But if you lose 50% of your games logic says chances are you are not that good. When you get beat by Palace, Burnley, Hull, Swansea etc I think saying "we will beat xyz easily" is delusion. You and Always have been wrong for a very very longtime. But it isnt about what is right or wrong it is about judging what you see. 7 defeats in our last 8, 3 points from the last 24 etc tells me we are not as good as you say we are. I don't mean to be critical of you as you want the club to win just as I do. But we are a very poor team with a poor manager so is it surprising we are in freefall?

Nothing to do with Puel IMO - board's failure to sign a defender has cost us. I doubt any manager would do much better. Can't blame the manager for players making individual errors.

Will you stop talking rubbish he team plays in the managers image, he picks the team , sets them up and trains them ! Reed maybe at fault for not signing a Cb but he doesn't make us play the awful football we are .

And just say we did get relegated would that be nothing to do with puel?

Personally, I think he's been hindered. Firstly, by the Europa League, which historically has always had an effect on teams. Secondly, by the board's failure to a) not sign an additional striker in the summer and b) not sign a defender in January

Nevertheless, with this squad, and particularly with the attacking options we've got, we shouldn't be relegated, and I don't think we will. We're only 4 points away from 9th - plenty of time to turn this around.

We do need to win at Sunderland though. The team is lacking in confidence obviously and we need to get a good result going into the cup final.

Forster has to take all the responsibility for that 3rd goal, for not setting the wall up right. The way it was set out, we basically invited Noble to hit it, knowing full well that the slightest touch would put it in the net.

I think Forster has to take responsibility for a lot of goals going in this season....Today is the day I officially start to worry about our Prem safety.

Nothing to do with Puel IMO - board's failure to sign a defender has cost us. I doubt any manager would do much better. Can't blame the manager for players making individual errors.

Have you looked at our recent form? It simply cannot be nothing to do with Puel. To say otherwise is just ridiculous. Change the record.

Not at all. The difference is we have been playing poor since November. You base your predictions off of hope, we all want to win. But if you lose 50% of your games logic says chances are you are not that good. When you get beat by Palace, Burnley, Hull, Swansea etc I think saying "we will beat xyz easily" is delusion. You and Always have been wrong for a very very longtime. But it isnt about what is right or wrong it is about judging what you see. 7 defeats in our last 8, 3 points from the last 24 etc tells me we are not as good as you say we are. I don't mean to be critical of you as you want the club to win just as I do. But we are a very poor team with a poor manager so is it surprising we are in freefall?

Why ignore the two Liverpool wins? They don't fit into your theory? Why are you deliberately ignoring them?

As I said, it's quite pathetic from your point of view (and others) that you are so happy.

I dont get why Puel is getting the stick, look at Les Ralph and Kat IMO

I agree! But Puel is the one who coaches and sets up the team. We look clueless and I afraid that our form s down to him. 6 defeats in 7 is not good enough cup final or not, he has got to go before we are dragged into the relegation dogfight (I've said it for months that we are already in it).

Have you looked at our recent form? It simply cannot be nothing to do with Puel. To say otherwise is just ridiculous. Change the record.

I don't think there is too much wrong with the tactics or the players picked.

If you go back and look through the pre-match threads, people generally have been pretty happy with the team selections.

Ironically, I'd say when people seem to think before the match that Puel has got it wrong, we end up winning.

I don't think there is too much wrong with the tactics or the players picked.

If you go back and look through the pre-match threads, people generally have been pretty happy with the team selections.

Ironically, I'd say when people seem to think before the match that Puel has got it wrong, we end up winning.

Not too much wrong with the tactics?! Were you at the game today? I presume not.

I've quit a job without another to go to because it's been ****. It's quite common.

With all due respect - I doubt you're anywhere near the same employment bracket as Claud Puel.

If you were doing his job - right now, you would not quit.