Saints vs West Ham: Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

:lol:

Does this fine strategy of ours ever consider :

1. Would the player want to come here

2. Can we afford the fee and wages ?

to be fair we did spent a decent amont on Gabbidini. It is the ridiculous decision to let Fonte go without replacing him. By the way how is Fonte doing?

We were creating as many chances as anyone at the start of the season. Defence was strong. No one expected us to have lost both first choice centre backs by January.

No we weren't - we've looked toothless and slow all season. We've had a lot of shots all season which count as chances in the football media data models, but since a blocked effort or Steven Davis whacking it into row z count as chances, it's no indication of how well we've played in attack. Which, in case you haven't been watching, is woefully, all season.

The fa cup surrender was a disgrace, when we have to put up with displays like this after. Like I said on the day, confidence in football is a wonderful thing, Puel had a chance to build on the liverpool result and push on, but his pragmatic over rotation bull**** did us in, and we've fallen backwards rapidly since.

West Ham are 1/9 to win this. It's like printing your own money!

(Seeing if reverse psychology works...)

Saints are making it very difficult for us 'glass half full' people at the moment. I can't see a new manager making much of a difference, we'll still have a makeshift central defence for the rest of the season. Our only hope is a freak League Cup win instilling some morale in the squad.

Today's loss makes it harder that it's West Ham too.

No we weren't - we've looked toothless and slow all season. We've had a lot of shots all season which count as chances in the football media data models, but since a blocked effort or Steven Davis whacking it into row z count as chances, it's no indication of how well we've played in attack. Which, in case you haven't been watching, is woefully, all season.

OK I agree we shouldn't have signed Barry.

Like all leaders in life at some point they mess up,unfortunately think les has had his time transfer policy exposed cannot always buy cheaper quality and if a good commander is needed to lead it is never a comprise for success personally think it's time to step down .you have done well for a while ,pat yourself on the back for that but be ready to concede you cannot justify the mistakes over the last two transfer windows

I appreciate that in my fellow saints fans. Finding humour in the little things. Like our chances of picking up a point or 3. :lol::(

Any view on what looks like the club management failings in recruitment and strategy or are there any mitigating circumstances we are not aware off?

I appreciate that in my fellow saints fans. Finding humour in the little things. Like our chances of picking up a point or 3. :lol::(

To be fair, I'm not normally so sarcastic in public - not everyone gets it and my sarcastic style leans towards 'harsh' when I unleash it. Thanks for seeing it.

As an honest answer to the original question: Fonte is playing ok, not the best defender individually, but marshalling his troops well, as he did at Saints.

West Ham are 1/9 to win this. It's like printing your own money!

(Seeing if reverse psychology works...)

Saints are making it very difficult for us 'glass half full' people at the moment. I can't see a new manager making much of a difference, we'll still have a makeshift central defence for the rest of the season. Our only hope is a freak League Cup win instilling some morale in the squad.

Today's loss makes it harder that it's West Ham too.

We need someone in who can scrap and give us a bit of a siege mentality to survive this year.

Amazing how Marco Silva has managed to introduce 6 new players to Hull's current lineup and get them to gel, despite how depleted they have been and still are... Hull actually look organised and decent, as opposed to this continuous f()cking mess.

Yep, I think pretty much everybody bar Les Reed would have appointed Silva over Puel in the summer. Oh well, Les knows best doesn't he.

We went slowly into an unnecessary relegation battle, we did not strengthen our weaknesses with time, we made them even weaker, we are going doooown. We need to change, 14 more games, if we dont change, we are in serious trouble, we need to finish this season and buy good players in summer, including a manager change of course. puel has to try to get some points to be safe from relegation and thats it, the efl final, could be his great chance to save a seasson in which everything went wrong.

We went slowly into an unnecessary relegation battle, we did not strengthen our weaknesses with time, we made them even weaker, we are going doooown. We need to change, 14 more games, if we dont change, we are in serious trouble, we need to finish this season and buy good players in summer, including a manager change of course. puel has to try to get some points to be safe from relegation and thats it, the efl final, could be his great chance to save a seasson in which everything went wrong.

This is our season. One game to get something positive.

After today, I don't see where our PL points are coming from. I thought we'd win against this lot.

If I were Puel I'd quit. He's been dealt the ****tiest hand this season.

Can't sack him. He takes his ex clubs to court when he get's sacked. Les won't pay out his contract as that would being admitting he was wrong. Just got to accept this is us for the future.