Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

I do go to games and sadly it's you that are disgusting but you are probably about 12 and can't help thinking

it's clever to abuse women

Why should it matter about her gender? Kat has a lot to answer for and completely sold us down the river.

Imo Kat deserves as much abuse as Les and Ralph. Women or not.

Why has it taken people so long to see Leslie's absolutely w*^k

Quick flick through this thread and it's almost 30 pages of people defending him

Even a recent poll has 42% wanting him to stay :lol::lol::lol::mcinnes:

You can't ignore the good stuff. We had done well in terms of our recruitment up until 2016. After then, it all went a bit tits up - whether the club got complacent, arrogant, who knows. He HAD done a good job. But the last two years' recruitment has been shocking, and in particular this season, for that reason he should leave. One poor year, fine you can forgive it but the same mistakes have been made and it's embarrassing.

You can't ignore the good stuff. We had done well in terms of our recruitment up until 2016. After then, it all went a bit tits up - whether the club got complacent, arrogant, who knows. He HAD done a good job. But the last two years' recruitment has been shocking, and in particular this season, for that reason he should leave. One poor year, fine you can forgive it but the same mistakes have been made and it's embarrassing.

Frankly it’s closer to three years poor recruitment; but I guess VVD easily makes up for the other iffy-disappointing signings.

He (apparently) has not fronted up to the camera and/or microphone for 15 month.

Blackmore has asked for access on occasions during this time.

Three years ago around this time Les was doing cameos for Barry Gale.

Edited by shurlock

Frankly it’s closer to three years poor recruitment; but I guess VVD easily makes up for the other iffy-disappointing signings.
The change in strategy of giving undeserving players long contracts/payrises instead of looking to move them on and upgrade them, and moving to almost exclusively only sign backups/leftovers from big teams was all summer 2016. It's been a fast decline ever since we changed away from what worked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We had a lot of good times under Reed 2010 -2016 but the last two years have been a car crash. Maybe he has had to asset strip under instructions from the owners? It would help if he fronted up to the media, or a fan forum, and gave us some sort of explanation for the nosedive since Koeman left. If he did that and outlined a plan to turn things around again, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Avoiding accountability altogether isn't a good look though, so unless we get that openness I would be happy to see him go.

We had a lot of good times under Reed 2010 -2016 but the last two years have been a car crash. Maybe he has had to asset strip under instructions from the owners? It would help if he fronted up to the media, or a fan forum, and gave us some sort of explanation for the nosedive since Koeman left. If he did that and outlined a plan to turn things around again, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Avoiding accountability altogether isn't a good look though, so unless we get that openness I would be happy to see him go.

Les deserves credit for that, but then so do lots of other people:

Markus / Nicola / Paul Mitchell / Pards / Adkins. If there's one thing the past teaches us, is we need good leadership from the top & they need to appoint the right people below them.

I am slow to join the 'Reed Out' fans. I am utterly disappointed by the collapse of the club since Koeman left and recognise the abysmal failure of recruiting. When nearly £100million has been spent on players who are left on the bench it is self evoident there have been big expensive failures. But if Reed goes who is left who has any knowledge of English football? Certainly not the Chinese owners or the Canadian iceman. Since we slated Wanyama and Mane when they were with us and called for the dismissal of Puel, I have become very careful about what I wish for.

I am slow to join the 'Reed Out' fans. I am utterly disappointed by the collapse of the club since Koeman left and recognise the abysmal failure of recruiting. When nearly £100million has been spent on players who are left on the bench it is self evoident there have been big expensive failures. But if Reed goes who is left who has any knowledge of English football? Certainly not the Chinese owners or the Canadian iceman. Since we slated Wanyama and Mane when they were with us and called for the dismissal of Puel, I have become very careful about what I wish for.

Nobody with any sense slated Wanyama and Mane to be fair. The rest is however accurate.

I can’t believe this man gave Fraser Forster a 5 year @ 100k per week contract

One of the most bizarre decisions of the lot. Even if in hindsight some things haven't worked out, you can often see the thinking behind it. The announcement of Forster's new contract was a jaw dropping moment.

I can only think that the club were, once again, trying to be smart, and that somehow a new contract would make all the potential buyers think "well he must be doing well" and convince them to come in with an offer. And also the reason why Forster stayed in the team for so long. It's the only possible explanation I can think of, but still an utterly ridiculous approach.

Indeed, we never hear about that, but we still hear plenty about the money Cortese supposedly "spunked".....

Think your find only two people say that who self admit they never liked him.

Cortese actually made a profit for the club without player sales. Something old Les has never done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/11339352/richard-garlick-to-leave-west-brom-to-become-premier-league-director-of-football

Bad news for Les Reed... the Premier League have chosen West Brom's director of football instead for their new role.

Bad news for us too. But did anybody realistically expect them to give a job to Les Reed? I guess this means we can soon expect his next 'leak' to the media that he has been 'shortlisted' for another job (a euphemism for 'he's applied'), which, of course, he won't get either.

Short sighted enablers. Our fans are generally a bit ****

Even now it's clear to EVERYONE how useless Reed is, you still have a large % too weak to do or say anything

Weak club, weak fans, pathetic management

Stop having a constant go at "Our Les in which trust". That's my job!

Sickening that this Muppet can come in, royally **** it up.

Earn millions and the disappear with a huge payoff and zero consequences.

Complete rat has killed this club. Could genuinely take us years to recover to where Nic C left us.

Complete rat has killed this club. Could genuinely take us years to recover to where Nic C left us.

Please enlighten us on the highlighted bit, are we being wound up or something?

Sounds like he's gone if we stay up or not, talk around of significant restructures behind the scenes in the summer, whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen (and what it actually means).

Sacked or leaving on his own accord?

I can’t see that it can be a bad thing either way, to be honest.

There’s a toxic atmosphere around the club at the moment and a good chance we could struggle next year.

Fresh start needed from top - bottom.

There’s a toxic atmosphere around the club at the moment and a good chance we could struggle next year.

Don't know mate, rumour doing the rounds in the club is he's going, nothing else. Think it's even been alluded to by a few of the journos who comment on us regularly.

As all transfers and managerial appointments are gambles we need a more successful gambler and I understand the chinease are quite good at this.

Saints success was built on 2 outrageous gambles - Lambert and Pochitino but for every Pochitino there is a Pelligrino and every Lambert an Osvaldo.

I would think that even if it was the former it will be billed as a mutual decision, which on the face of it, is probably best for all parties.

As all transfers and managerial appointments are gambles we need a more successful gambler and I understand the chinease are quite good at this.

Saints success was built on 2 outrageous gambles - Lambert and Pochitino but for every Pochitino there is a Pelligrino and every Lambert an Osvaldo.

Signing Lambert was not a gamble, he had already banged in 29 goals in the same league for Bristol Rovers the season before.

Signing Lambert was not a gamble, he had already banged in 29 goals in the same league for Bristol Rovers the season before.

Paying £1million was for an over weight player who had only played in the lower leagues was.

Who could have foretold that he would be a player we have been unable to replace and what would the player he became be worth today?

Paying £1million was for an over weight player who had only played in the lower leagues was.

Who could have foretold that he would be a player we have been unable to replace and what would the player he became be worth today?

No way could you call Lambo a gamble at the time. That was a massive coup for us.

He was a proven goal scorer in that league and physically exactly the sort of player you need down in those leagues. Big, powerful CF.

If he hadn't become the player he was in the PL, then he'd still have scored goals in the lower leagues to pay back our fee. Bargain signing.

No way could you call Lambo a gamble at the time. That was a massive coup for us.

He was a proven goal scorer in that league and physically exactly the sort of player you need down in those leagues. Big, powerful CF.

If he hadn't become the player he was in the PL, then he'd still have scored goals in the lower leagues to pay back our fee. Bargain signing.

Yet Huddersfield didn't want to sign him, so he wasn't risk-free. You wonder whether, in a similar situation, Les would still sign him today given our business model.

If he had stayed at the level he was when we signed him we would have been lucky to get half the money for him from another League 1 club. If he was better than that why didn't a higher profile club come in for him?

A bargain yes in hindsight but all transfers are gambles.

If he had stayed at the level he was when we signed him we would have been lucky to get half the money for him from another League 1 club. If he was better than that why didn't a higher profile club come in for him?

Obviously the blackbox was working as planned and hadn't picked up the virus it now has and could see with our professionalism imposed onto him he could make big improvements !

He was a proven league 1 striker, who we bought to get us out of league 1. In no way shape or form was it a gamble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously the blackbox was working as planned and hadn't picked up the virus it now has and could see with our professionalism imposed onto him he could make big improvements !

But we made bad signings even in those days. Fonte was the only other signing to make it in the Premier league. Signings since then have been hit or miss.0

Lemina and Boufal could have been as good as Mane but sometimes players especially from abroad either fit in or they don't. It's a gamble.

Yet Huddersfield didn't want to sign him, so he wasn't risk-free. You wonder whether, in a similar situation, Les would still sign him today given our business model.

They had already signed Jordan Rhodes that summer, not a case of them not wanting him, just they had gone for someone younger and who they could sell at a profit (which they handsomely did).

They had already signed Jordan Rhodes that summer, not a case of them not wanting him, just they had gone for someone younger and who they could sell at a profit (which they handsomely did).

He was considered to have little resale value, so that was a risk.

He was a proven league 1 striker, who we bought to get us out of league 1. In no way shape or form was it a gamble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps that is arguable but you have to admit it was very lucky that he turned out to be more effective than any number of more expensive international strikers that we have signed since.

You really do live in cuckoo land are you paid by clotese to make these daily Reed hate posts ? :lol:

Clotese left us financially in the mire with big interest charges on flops like Ramirez and Osvaldo, something like £40M down the drain.

Clotese also did as much as could to damage the club before he left, orchesteating newspaper journalists to write allsorts of 'meltdown' headlines via the then clubs PR and told adidas to do one for no reason other than pure spite.

Reed was a club consultant before he became employed and so desperate was cortese to find someone that could run a football club he employed him.

Such is your weird stance on Reed i presume you were lambasting him when Koeman arrived and the players that saw us finish in the top ten 3 times in a row with euro football twice.

So, whilst there is clearly reason to question Reed over the last 18 months, that is no the complete picture being portrayed by yourself and others.

You really do live in cuckoo land are you paid by clotese to make these daily Reed hate posts ? :lol:

Clotese left us financially in the mire with big interest charges on flops like Ramirez and Osvaldo, something like £40M down the drain.

Clotese also did as much as could to damage the club before he left, orchesteating newspaper journalists to write allsorts of 'meltdown' headlines via the then clubs PR and told adidas to do one for no reason other than pure spite.

Reed was a club consultant before he became employed and so desperate was cortese to find someone that could run a football club he employed him.

Such is your weird stance on Reed i presume you were lambasting him when Koeman arrived and the players that saw us finish in the top ten 3 times in a row with euro football twice.

So, whilst there is clearly reason to question Reed over the last 18 months, that is no the complete picture being portrayed by yourself and others.

No one's listening Leslie!

#triggered

Les is a football broker, with the main consideration when signing players is how much they could be sold for. No chance he would have signed Lambert. Edited by Wade Garrett

A well balanced post.