Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

Why does Les Reed get so much stick when this has been such a successful period? Im guessing he my be feeling a little under-appreciated. If he sells it's a mistake, if he doesn't sell it's a mistake. If he doesn't sack Puel it's a mistake, if he does sack him it's a mistake. Tough crowd or what?

Anyway, no worries, there's nothing wrong with talking a right load of old crap!!! Don't let it concern you! Please continue!

Some fans have never like him for some weird reason. They say the success we've had is inspite of him the bad times we've had are because of him. They don't want to give him any credit whatsoever for some weird reason.

Reeds done a good job up until the last year. Despite what people say about Puel you can understand why he got the job and is a perfectly competent manager. However the January transfer window was a shambles last year, the appointment of Pellegrino has been a disaster and Under normal circumstances he now has until the end of the January window to deliver the players we need and ideally a new manager to save his skin

Except saints don't operate under normal circumstances. Most businesses of our size have a leader, someone in control who is accountable to the owners or shareholders. We don't. The fact is Reed is probably the highest ranking full time employee at the club which is insane considering his initial role was head of football development when Cortese initially employed him.

Why does Les Reed get so much stick when this has been such a successful period? Im guessing he my be feeling a little under-appreciated. If he sells it's a mistake, if he doesn't sell it's a mistake. If he doesn't sack Puel it's a mistake, if he does sack him it's a mistake. Tough crowd or what?

Anyway, no worries, there's nothing wrong with talking a right load of old crap!!! Don't let it concern you! Please continue!

Reed is very well paid to make key decisions regarding SFC and having got away with it at the start of his tenure he's been found wanting over this season and last. His stream of narcissistic bullsh*t during the successful spell didn't help and the majority of fans see him as a self-serving old chancer. West Ham would be a great retirement post.

Some fans have never like him for some weird reason. They say the success we've had is inspite of him the bad times we've had are because of him. They don't want to give him any credit whatsoever for some weird reason.

Reeds done a good job up until the last year. Despite what people say about Puel you can understand why he got the job and is a perfectly competent manager. However the January transfer window was a shambles last year, the appointment of Pellegrino has been a disaster and Under normal circumstances he now has until the end of the January window to deliver the players we need and ideally a new manager to save his skin

Except saints don't operate under normal circumstances. Most businesses of our size have a leader, someone in control who is accountable to the owners or shareholders. We don't. The fact is Reed is probably the highest ranking full time employee at the club which is insane considering his initial role was head of football development when Cortese initially employed him.

It is weird people have disliked him from the beginning and can not apply the evidence in a rational unbiased way. And those that do are called Reedist, cultists or happy clappers.

Reed has done a good job but has ****ed up recently but he should be given time to sort it out, if be can't then he should be moved on.

I agree we need someone in charge.

Reed is very well paid to make key decisions regarding SFC and having got away with it at the start of his tenure he's been found wanting over this season and last. His stream of narcissistic bullsh*t during the successful spell didn't help and the majority of fans see him as a self-serving old chancer. West Ham would be a great retirement post.

Basically...a cockney wide boy!

Spot on.

This article from May 2017 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/southampton-chairman-stresses-saints-stability-admits-claude/) talks about Reed and Semmens (along with Krueger) forming the "club board". And indeed, Companies House shows Semmens and Reed joining 'Southampton Football Club Limited" board soon after (here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053301/filing-history), however this recent announcment is for the holding company, i.e. "St Mary's Football Group Limited".

So, I think this is different to the announcement of their appointments last year (to the football club board) but not sure if there's any significance in them also being appointed to the parent company board 6 months or so later. Probably not, but thought it might be worth a mention.

Weasled his way to power like Rupert lowe

He is an utter cretin

First actions of him and this board were to lie to fans re players/transfers, and to spend as much time in the press rewriting history to discredit the previous regime or take credit themselves.

Les Reed is a loser, always has been and always will be.

Look at his record pre Saints, hes done nothing, won nothing.

Hes robbed a career in football for 45 years and failed at every level.

The decline will continue while hes still here.

I'm uncomfortable with the way your posts have morphed from trolling nonsense to hard-to-argue-with provocation. Quite apart from the points you make Glasgow, I think he should be "let go" in the interests of renewal, fresh thinking and progressive ideas.

This.

I reckon he's protecting the new manager from a tonking from Spurs. He'll sack MP on Sunday, appoint the new manager on Monday, and get a couple of players by Thursday. It's obviously why our deal for a Monaco reserve for £15m is stalling.

In the real world.....

As soon as he isn't sacked after a game, people move onto the next one. Time for all of us to assume he won't be going anywhere.

Came here in 2010 and since then the club gained two promotions to the premier league and brought in allsorts of top players.

Three PL top ten finishes and Euro football.

Nothing lasts forever, but youre clearily wrong alongside your massive agenda.

He may not have covered himself with glory lately but the vitriol he gets from some of the more rabid is astounding

and the act of teenagers.

:lol:

It's Les that runs the Saints secret society where the fans are told nothing , it's Les that has appointed probably the worst manager we have had, it's Les that has failed to put a functioning strike force in place over the last two windows, it's Les that has failed to remove Pelkegrino in the last few months, it's Les that had the ludicrous idea Theo could be signed, it's Les that has seen the the academy start to fail, the under 23s and the under18s. It's Les in charge of all football matters that will see the club relegated.

It's Les true to form over his career end it in a £100m relegation

Came here in 2010 and since then the club gained two promotions to the premier league and brought in allsorts of top players.

Three PL top ten finishes and Euro football.

Nothing lasts forever, but youre clearily wrong alongside your massive agenda.

He's not wrong though - whatever credit Reed is given for two promotions and the signing of players like Mane, Toby, Vic, VVD etc he has ******ed the gloss right down the drain to the point where the Club is inexplicably in relegation trouble. Even if we squeak staying up, Reed's legacy for me will be appointing and maintaining the worst Manager in our history.

He's not wrong though - whatever credit Reed is given for two promotions and the signing of players like Mane, Toby, Vic, VVD etc he has ******ed the gloss right down the drain to the point where the Club is inexplicably in relegation trouble. Even if we squeak staying up, Reed's legacy for me will be appointing and maintaining the worst Manager in our history.

I don't think he failed with us. He played a role in 4 great years. I liken it to the Ranieri scenario where even if you miraculously win a title you can still be rightfully sacked a year later for underperforming.

............... Even if we squeak staying up, Reed's legacy for me will be appointing and maintaining the worst Manager in our history.

Yes, the worst winning record of any permanent Saints manager ever!

Pelligrino = 17.39%

Wigley = 17.65% (and then was fired)

Contrast with

Puel 37.74% and then fired.

And sacking one who has made an immediate impression at one of our rivals.

Everything derogatory that can be said of Reed has been said but it seems to have made no impact at all on the man or his actions, everything remains exactly the same it's like water off a duck's back. Same with Mike Ashley, the only difference is that Reed doesn't own this club at least not yet. Fact is these grasping "self-made" arrogant fat cats from humble origins can often be the very worst kind of people to deal with astray probaly couldn't give a monkey's toss about what the rest of their peers (us) think or do.

Part of me wants to see a mass protest on Sunday including a mass boycott and a half empty stadium but it is doubtful even those actions will have much impact judging by the Newcastle experience. The one thing that could hurt them and sting them into action is wholesale rejection of season tickets next season but that will be to late to save us now.

Everything derogatory that can be said of Reed has been said but it seems to have made no impact at all on the man or his actions, everything remains exactly the same it's like water off a duck's back. Same with Mike Ashley, the only difference is that Reed doesn't own this club at least not yet. Fact is these grasping "self-made" arrogant fat cats from humble origins can often be the very worst kind of people to deal with astray probaly couldn't give a monkey's toss about what the rest of their peers (us) think or do.

Part of me wants to see a mass protest on Sunday including a mass boycott and a half empty stadium but it is doubtful even those actions will have much impact judging by the Newcastle experience. The one thing that could hurt them and sting them into action is wholesale rejection of season tickets next season but that will be to late to save us now.

Any new owner will be a hero if they deliver Newcastle 3 top 8 finishes , a cup final and 2 European campaigns in the next 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

So Walcott, despite being linked has gone elsewhere. What a surprise.

I didn't vote initially and still believe he deserves credit for his part in our rise, but this is wearing thin.

That's Toby, Koeman, last January's CB, the appointment of a decent manager last summer, the continued employment of this bloke, and not bringing in Walcott after being widely linked. Whilst there are other factors contributing to these failings, the one constant is the avuncular Les Reed, ably assisted by his pocket-jock apprentice for the last eighteen months.

Any new owner will be a hero if they deliver Newcastle 3 top 8 finishes , a cup final and 2 European campaigns in the next 4 years.

I am confused, are you using our recent seasons as justification for good performance of the board given our relegation fight this year?

That's nothing special for Newcastle, or most other regular top flight clubs for that matter, which have nearly all had spells like that. Newcastle finished 4th, 3rd and 5th from 2002 to 2004 and 5th as recently as 2012, under Mike Ashley, and have had 10 European campaigns in the last 20 years, including the Europa League with Ashley. It doesn't stop their fans protesting when they underachieve and know that the people running the club are no longer doing a good job. Their fans are passionate about their club and don't like to see it failing.

He may not have covered himself with glory lately but the vitriol he gets from some of the more rabid is astounding

and the act of teenagers.

:lol:

Absolutely. This is a factually correct post and it's one which can be agreed with. Ok so the rumours about Reed's personal life are now public and out there for everyone to see (which is another issue but I personally think it's a disgrace that the press got a hold of it) but the abuse he's getting is bordering on homophobic and quite disgusting.

Pamplemouse.

Amazing how the Daily Echo seems to have overlooked it?

"Among a range of topics, one coach intends to pose the hypothetical question whether it is appropriate for the son of an executive director to act as an agent for academy players at the club where his father runs the show."

That and the fact that LMA will sit there and think why has Reed hired a nonLMA manager who has turned in the worst performance in Saints history. What does Reed bring to the LMA?

They're picking up on his agent son having clients at the club too then I see !

And rightly so, it is a massive conflict of interest.

Interesting how this has now come up a week or so after it came to light on here.....

And rightly so, it is a massive conflict of interest.

Interesting how this has now come up a week or so after it came to light on here.....

Yep massive conflict and would imagine if he hasn’t disclosed it to main board of directors he could be for the chop suey