Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

Time to put the scumbag out to pasture. No doubt, somewhere, Les is patting himself on the back. What are the odds that we hear statements about how we didn't panic and kept calm under pressure in the next few months.

Definitely Sherlock, you can hear that one coming.

Can we now expect Les to resume being the public face of Southampton FC, Ralph to fly back to Canada and Les's PR videos to start again for the first time since we reached the League Cup Final?

It would keep this thread going instead of Glasgow bumping it regularly to feed his attention seeking

and its funny reading you and others with their mouth frothing posts :lol:

That aside, he probably should go

It would keep this thread going instead of Glasgow bumping it regularly to feed his attention seeking

and its funny reading you and others with their mouth frothing posts :lol:

That aside, he probably should go

:lol:

We may get rid of Reed, but the oversized suited hobbit will likely stay... in Reeds capacity

What says ambition more than having a sweaty midget with a sports degree heartily slapping you on the back when you arrive for your first day at staplewood...

Just noted the Sam Wallace article about Hughes is already laying down the PR assault and playing up the boards ‘sure-footedness’ in the transfer market, laying out very precise figures we paid for Bednarek, McCarthy, Hoedt and Hojbjerg. No mention of Carrillo though, strangely enough, and that must be the first time I’ve heard the name Hoedt and mention of ‘sure-footedness’ in the same breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just noted the Sam Wallace article about Hughes is already laying down the PR assault and playing up the boards ‘sure-footedness’ in the transfer market, laying out very precise figures we paid for Bednarek, McCarthy, Hoedt and Hojbjerg. No mention of Carrillo though, strangely enough, and that must be the first time I’ve heard the name Hoedt and mention of ‘sure-footedness’ in the same breath.

:D :D

Some people still appreciate him

I'm no fan of Reed but that does look incredible and would finally give the city the unique wow factor it needs. The thought of Ian Brennan tasked with sculpting a fifty foot Les head is mind-blowing.

Ten years ago we were in a mess. The last few years have been the best for me and Les was the overseer, so we owe him a lot. Of course he didn't gert everything right -no one does- the new long contract for FF and the record fee for Carillo are obvious examples, as is the bad joke of Pellegrino but overall he has presided over financial stability (new to us) Premier League football (unlikely when he came) and a couple of Wembley days. Why is he slagged off and abused, just like Mane was and Wanyama--and anyone who does really well for us. Is this site run by guys down the road/

Ten years ago we were in a mess. The last few years have been the best for me and Les was the overseer, so we owe him a lot. Of course he didn't gert everything right -no one does- the new long contract for FF and the record fee for Carillo are obvious examples, as is the bad joke of Pellegrino but overall he has presided over financial stability (new to us) Premier League football (unlikely when he came) and a couple of Wembley days. Why is he slagged off and abused, just like Mane was and Wanyama--and anyone who does really well for us. Is this site run by guys down the road/

You do know this site is for the blame game not the beautiful game?There are so many factors that are involved in getting a good Manager. It's very much horses for courses. Some of our best have been aweful elsewhere - Lawrie, Ball, Hoddle, Strachen, Adkins, Koeman are not held in great regard elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw that, Sam Wallace must be the DT’s work experience kiddy because didn’t see any counter mentions of Fraser’s new contract, Carrillo, Boufal etc. Did exactly as Les told him, but then I suppose the DT news editors are also dictated copy by the Brexit MPs and Barclay Brothers. The stubbornness from Bunsen and Beaker around Pellegrino is also astonishing, why don’t just they grow up and be adults to say ‘yeah, we messed up there’.

Hopefully Hughes being an experienced guy will be able to set up alternative media loops and narrative to mute the DT puff pieces and crank the pressure on Bunsen and Beaker up to excruciating levels if they don’t start showing some drive and effort. Absolutely no interference in tactics should be tolerated from Les.

Also hope the new regime will start to act to rein in their power if they can’t bear binning them altogether. After all, Cortes left because KL wanted more accountability yet Reed is less accountable than Cortese ever was.

What do you know ericb

Les, Hughes, players in/out etc

think most of what i know has been posted on here already, Hughes not the only manager in the ring, big sticking point is he doesn't want a DOF. Reed has been "informally" leaving since January but club were hoping he'd have a new job to announce his departure.

Bertrand almost certainly gone (no surprise there given the agreement last summer). Krueger not going anywhere and working on other revenue streams with Gao.

Players in i tend to hear very little about, and when i do it's absolutely last minute.

think most of what i know has been posted on here already, Hughes not the only manager in the ring, big sticking point is he doesn't want a DOF. Reed has been "informally" leaving since January but club were hoping he'd have a new job to announce his departure.

Bertrand almost certainly gone (no surprise there given the agreement last summer). Krueger not going anywhere and working on other revenue streams with Gao.

Players in i tend to hear very little about, and when i do it's absolutely last minute.

Cheers mate

think most of what i know has been posted on here already, Hughes not the only manager in the ring, big sticking point is he doesn't want a DOF.

I wouldn’t want any manager that won’t work with a DOF. I just think it’s the way to go. Whether Reed is that man, is debatable, but whether we have one is not imo. We need somebody running the football side above the manager, who runs the first team and the first team only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its probably better if Reed stays this summer as clearly there are things that need sorting ASAP, i.e Manager and also recruitment in a shorter summer window.

Reed runs the football operation at Saints and makes the decisions so if he were to go then it would surely compromise our ability to move quickly.

We have no Chief Executive so the next in line to Reed from a football perspective would be Wilson which would literally be leaving us light at a crucial time.

Reed was also at last nights awards, smiling away, unlike someone imminently leaving.

I wouldn’t want any manager that won’t work with a DOF. I just think it’s the way to go. Whether Reed is that man, is debatable, but whether we have one is not imo. We need somebody running the football side above the manager, who runs the first team and the first team only.

Agree with this. Especially given Hughes last transfer window.

Thought the FA wanted him, if thats the case I will pay for the taxi.

Very much doubt there was a job at the FA, especially with that grinning fool Trevor Brooking still in situ, and him being the reason Les Reed was sacked by the FA in 2004, so Brooking could be shuffled into the position by the faceless Blazers as FA Director of Football Development. A role that Les was totally nailed on, and far better qualified, to get.

I agree, I want Hughes to stay, but I would be concerned about a manager in this day and age with entire control over everything. I've been excited by the idea of Hughes' patchy transfer history at Stoke not being an issue for us because he wouldn't have total control of transfers, but if he doesn't want a DOF then I don't think we should want him. Hopefully it's just a rumour and him and Les can strike up a good balance where he's not a bumbling yes man like MP, but he doesn't have full control.

Any word as to who else is under consideration?

Any word as to who else is under consideration?

Nope no idea sorry, might be someone else that knows, to be honest i didn't even ask the question as i was busy celebrating us not being sh*tter than Swansea!

Reed was also at last nights awards, smiling away, unlike someone imminently leaving.

No idea and wouldn't want to guess but i'm by far the only one that's mentioned this and the rumour has been doing the rounds for a while, normally with the club if that's the case there's more than a little truth in it. But as with everything to do with the club these things are never nailed on till they are.

Very much doubt there was a job at the FA, especially with that grinning fool Trevor Brooking still in situ, and him being the reason Les Reed was sacked by the FA in 2004, so Brooking could be shuffled into the position by the faceless Blazers as FA Director of Football Development. A role that Les was totally nailed on, and far better qualified, to get.

Les Reed may have a few certificates, but know way is he a better choice than Trevor Brooking.

I agree, I want Hughes to stay, but I would be concerned about a manager in this day and age with entire control over everything. I've been excited by the idea of Hughes' patchy transfer history at Stoke not being an issue for us because he wouldn't have total control of transfers, but if he doesn't want a DOF then I don't think we should want him. Hopefully it's just a rumour and him and Les can strike up a good balance where he's not a bumbling yes man like MP, but he doesn't have full control.

He wouldn't have full control if he reported to a Chief Exec.

I agree, but suspect it's not as black and white as that. I can't believe Hughes would be saying he wants to run everything, probably just that he wants to be fully involved in decisions on signings, targets etc?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thought the FA wanted him, if thats the case I will pay for the taxi.

Are you the guy who wanted to pay the taxi for Mane to go anywhere and for Wanyama to go as far away as possible? It's time fans saw the value in what we have instead of chasing them away. We don't seem to like success here eg Cortese. Les has delivered more good seasons than bad, be careful what you wish for

I agree, but suspect it's not as black and white as that. I can't believe Hughes would be saying he wants to run everything, probably just that he wants to be fully involved in decisions on signings, targets etc?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

hope so, and that shouldn’t be a problem. Pelle, Tadic and Classie were obviously Koeman signings. Pied and Boufal were Puel signings and the non scoring centre forward from Argentina was Pellegrino’s wonderful call

Agreed. It was Les Reed insisting that all Saints teams played the same formation that got us into the mess. Hughes has managed to work out a formation that fitted what was available.

Interesting listening to Solent driving home after the game yesterday. Adam Blackmore saying that they have tried to interview Les Reed and he simply won't talk to them. Dear old Dave M was fairly direct and implied that Les Reed should go. Think that we just need a different DoF.