Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

The board deserve **** the next home games but no doubt our fans will just stand there in silence as Chelsea put their 4th goal into the net.
The usual loud mouths in the media/social media won't say much. Nick over on the uglies barely has a pop let alone the others who queued up when Cortese was here. Matt le tiss won't say a word nor will you get much the local journos. Leitch must have to constantly pick splinters from his arse due to the amount of time he sits on the fence

Yes the fans need to take some blame. Too soft. Not passionate enough to protest and let board off Scott free.

Can you talk me through what exactly a protest about the board would realistically achieve, apart from a toxic atmosphere at St Mary's?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Yes the fans need to take some blame. Too soft. Not passionate enough to protest and let board off Scott free.

Agreed. 3-4 years ago it was clear (to Me at least) the direction Wed go under reed but our super fans were largely happy to wait n see.

Even recently 42% on here wanted him to stay!!!!

As bad as reed has been (and he's been useless at every level and club he's touched) the "fans" have enabled this

Edited by Heisenberg

Honestly Roger, some of us have been warning about this cancerous ***** on here since we sold Lambert. All we got was other saints fans telling us things were fine and we were trolls. The fans certainly have a portion of blame to take. But not as much as those who're truly culpable. They ousted Cortese, tried to take credit for his work whilst stripping any trace of it from the club. Where we are now, and where we will be for the next few seasons, it's all the fault of Les Reed, Kruger, Katrina etc. The fans need to protest until they're out of the club, we will never achieve what we are capable of with these inept filthy parasites on board.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Can you talk me through what exactly a protest about the board would achieve, apart from a toxic atmosphere at St Mary's?

Toxic atmosphere has worked for WHU

We are weak on the pitch, off the pitch and throughout the fan base.

Run by greedy useless management, supported by gutless weak fans

Match made in heaven

Toxic atmosphere has worked for WHU

No it didn't... they lost 3-0 to Burnley with a toxic atmosphere. The anger aimed at Sullivan and Gold in their last game has no part in why they are beating us today.. those same West Ham fans still hate their board/owners.

Roger was suggesting Saints fans should protest to force the board out, but that rarely if ever works and doesn't help the team mid season.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I take it that all of you posters advocating that the fans revolt against the board next game will be there at SMS leading said revolt. Or will you be behind your keyboards, as usual?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I take it that all of you posters advocating that the fans revolt against the board next game will be there at SMS leading said revolt. Or will you be behind your keyboards, as usual?

I guess you'll be there leading a vociferous defence of his leadership. Sarcastic bell end.

Nah thankfully I'll be in Prague and my season ticket will be unused.

Have fun watching that soulless ****e though guys.

Nah thankfully I'll be in Prague and my season ticket will be unused.

Have fun watching that soulless ****e though guys.

Best idea. Enjoy Wembley and then enjoy the hopefully nicer weather, get outdoors. Leave the stadium empty, that’ll be far more powerful than any half hearted protests. If Reed, Kreuger and Wilson are still hanging on in August, then don’t attend matches until they are gone. Think of the money and time you’ll have to spend and enjoy with your family and friends. I kept my ST 05 onwards until we moved down here but thought would horrify me this time. No attempt at entertainment or enjoyment.

Over to you Nelly and Mr Gao

The worry is that the club could very quickly implode. None of us have any idea how Gao will react when he realises that he has paid a lot of money for a club that is now worth a lot less as a Championship side and that the revenue stream will start to dry up. Given that the purchase of the club was largely done on borrowed money, I can see a fire sale of players to get money in and reduce the wage bill, and that much of the parachute money will go the same way. Dont expect much of the money to be reinvested in quality players to try to bounce straight back. It could start to get seriously messy. Hope I am wrong, but the signs are not good.

The worry is that the club could very quickly implode. None of us have any idea how Gao will react when he realises that he has paid a lot of money for a club that is now worth a lot less as a Championship side and that the revenue stream will start to dry up. Given that the purchase of the club was largely done on borrowed money, I can see a fire sale of players to get money in and reduce the wage bill, and that much of the parachute money will go the same way. Dont expect much of the money to be reinvested in quality players to try to bounce straight back. It could start to get seriously messy. Hope I am wrong, but the signs are not good.
As we all know, you have to hit rock bottom to improve. I would rather go through 2009 all over again than spend 10years in the championship.

We badly need to start over again and clear out the people at the top.

Only saints could be lucky enough to land a team of Marcus and Nicola, and then turn it into this within a couple of years. It really is typical.

Hopefully when we implode we will be lucky enough to get another owner who buys us to do well, rather than as nothing but an investment they can use to pay off their other debts.

What no one has really considered yet, is that we are once again going to meet Pompey on our way down.

I have stayed away from criticising Les but someone now has to be accountable.

We are going to be the most expensive squad ever to be relegated from the Premier league and he must take the blame for that.

I do not blame him for selling our best players as they wanted to go but boy has he replaced them with overpriced spineless poor quality dross.

To have the sort of money he has had at his disposal is mismanagement on a massive scale and he has to be removed.

I actually feel sorry for all our managers as something is very wrong that nobody can get a team that cost this much to assemble to actually win a game of football.

Allowing the signing of Carrillo should be sackable on its own as he has to be the worst record signing for any club at this level.

Should we go down I am sure most of the gutless overpaid excuses for professionals on the pitch will expect out which will be a blessing as they will be no use in the Championship.

I actually believe Les will be gone in the summer either way as his reign is now untenable and I thank him for the good things he did in the early years but you can’t live on those forever.

You will be remembered for overseeing the most expensive and least expansive team ever to both play for this club and be relegated.

For that alone you should be removed of your duties.

His position is untenable now, the club is a shambles and it has been poor decision after poor decision for too long.

Transfer wise it has been a disaster. Flogging Fonte and not replacing him, same fo VVD, going into the past two seasons short of strikers. Obvious problems that were not addressed.

Sacking Puel, wasting a month, then replacing him with Pellegrino is a sackable offence in itself but persisting with someone so obviously out of their depth for so long, effectively writing off the season, is unforgivable. Letting the clown waste so much money on his pet striker just before sacking him is just plain bonkers.

We will go through the Championship like a vindaloo unless something changes at the top of the club.

I guess you'll be there leading a vociferous defence of his leadership. Sarcastic bell end.

Ahhh, so keyboard for you then.

I have stayed away from criticising Les but someone now has to be accountable.

We are going to be the most expensive squad ever to be relegated from the Premier league and he must take the blame for that.

I do not blame him for selling our best players as they wanted to go but boy has he replaced them with overpriced spineless poor quality dross.

To have the sort of money he has had at his disposal is mismanagement on a massive scale and he has to be removed.

I actually feel sorry for all our managers as something is very wrong that nobody can get a team that cost this much to assemble to actually win a game of football.

Allowing the signing of Carrillo should be sackable on its own as he has to be the worst record signing for any club at this level.

Should we go down I am sure most of the gutless overpaid excuses for professionals on the pitch will expect out which will be a blessing as they will be no use in the Championship.

I actually believe Les will be gone in the summer either way as his reign is now untenable and I thank him for the good things he did in the early years but you can’t live on those forever.

You will be remembered for overseeing the most expensive and least expansive team ever to both play for this club and be relegated.

For that alone you should be removed of your duties.

Good post. I have been very much of the same opinion with regard to LR, fans don't know the intricacies of deals that happen within the club. I was supportive of the stance that the club took with VvD at the time, however, with hindsight that was obviously the wrong decision. But fundamental mistakes have been made this year that will see us relegated, and LR takes much of the responsibility for that.

Player recruitment has been particularly poor and our replacements have been largely been downgrades on what we had. Pelligrino should have gone much earlier in the season and a proper replacement lined up. I'm not blaming Hughes for any of this mess, but he is not the manager to sort this out, purely a half capable stop gap.

For me, we are a club that has lost its spine on the pitch and off the pitch. On the pitch a, dropped first team goalkeeper, poor centre backs, overworked defensive midfielders and a club record signing that had never looked like scoring. Off the pitch, an owner who is almost invisible, a mouthpiece of a chairman and then LR. Far too many failings, and therefore time for both LR and RK to step aside.

His position is untenable now, the club is a shambles and it has been poor decision after poor decision for too long.

Transfer wise it has been a disaster. Flogging Fonte and not replacing him, same fo VVD, going into the past two seasons short of strikers. Obvious problems that were not addressed.

Sacking Puel, wasting a month, then replacing him with Pellegrino is a sackable offence in itself but persisting with someone so obviously out of their depth for so long, effectively writing off the season, is unforgivable. Letting the clown waste so much money on his pet striker just before sacking him is just plain bonkers.

We will go through the Championship like a vindaloo unless something changes at the top of the club.

Over on the uglies someone posted that their fan group had a chat with Ralph.

Ralphy pointes our that the club wanted to make a stand regarding VvD and every time they considered sacking MP, the next game(a) results improved slightly.

Ralphy pointes our that the club wanted to make a stand regarding VvD and every time they considered sacking MP, the next game(a) results improved slightly.

What an awful way to run the club.

Good post. I have been very much of the same opinion with regard to LR, fans don't know the intricacies of deals that happen within the club. I was supportive of the stance that the club took with VvD at the time, however, with hindsight that was obviously the wrong decision. But fundamental mistakes have been made this year that will see us relegated, and LR takes much of the responsibility for that.

Player recruitment has been particularly poor and our replacements have been largely been downgrades on what we had. Pelligrino should have gone much earlier in the season and a proper replacement lined up. I'm not blaming Hughes for any of this mess, but he is not the manager to sort this out, purely a half capable stop gap.

For me, we are a club that has lost its spine on the pitch and off the pitch. On the pitch a, dropped first team goalkeeper, poor centre backs, overworked defensive midfielders and a club record signing that had never looked like scoring. Off the pitch, an owner who is almost invisible, a mouthpiece of a chairman and then LR. Far too many failings, and therefore time for both LR and RK to step aside.

Yep, your post and the one to which you're replying pretty well sum up how I feel, except I would have got shot of VVD last summer. Either way, it's been an incredible decline from the position of strength we were in two years ago.

This season represents the worst on- and off- field management in my lifetime, if not the clubs history.

Les Reed is the chief architect and I will be shocked if he is still here at the beginning of June

Prepare to be shocked. He got a promotion at the end of last season, he’ll still be here sadly.

wasn't it also put some weeks ago that a fan saw Ralph in a petrol station or the like and stated that MP was our best ever manager?

Called it over 6 years ago. As was common place back then anyone who didn't worship at

Corteses altar, who dared criticise anything or anyone at the club was a troll with who had an agenda :rollseyes:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?40914-Les-Reed-the-cushiest-job-in-the-world

Guess that was when Les was Nik Nak’s man and was guilty by association. Things changed when Nik Nak got the chop and Uncle Les became before the hero of anyone-but-Cortese brigade. The Leslieites change like the seasons.

Can you talk me through what exactly a protest about the board would realistically achieve, apart from a toxic atmosphere at St Mary's?

Because bending over to the happy clappers has really worked wonders :lol:

Because bending over to the happy clappers has really worked wonders :lol:

The board sat on its hands when it was obvious Pellegrino would not turn it around

They failed for two years to solve the problem of lack of goals

Les Reed. Football director sat and watched Pellegrino fail week after week

Les Reed failed to sign key players to address our problems in December

He has cost the club our premier league status and at last £100 million

Get the clown out of the club

The board sat on its hands when it was obvious Pellegrino would not turn it around

They failed for two years to solve the problem of lack of goals

Les Reed. Football director sat and watched Pellegrino fail week after week

Les Reed failed to sign key players to address our problems in December

He has cost the club our premier league status and at last £100 million

Get the clown out of the club

What I mean is if we had kicked up a stink the first transfer window we had a fire sale it may not have kept happening but the board obviously thought "well if the fans aren't really that bothered we can do it over and over again" all in my opinion of course !

Good summary, covering all the (low) points about the muppet. The last two years have been one disastrous, moronic decision (and inaction) after another.

Jeremy Wilson questions Saints player (and manager) recruitment over the last 18 months. It’s tucked behind the Telegraph’s paywall unfortunately...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/01/last-18-months-underline-southamptons-need-not-just-review-recruit/

Isn't Jeremy Wilson at The Telegraph meant to be the 'club's voice' in putting up articles for them ? If so, can anything further be read into this? Apart from stating publicly what many fans have been saying over the last two seasons.

Yes you are right a toxic atmosphere would be a disaster...we might not win....oh we have won once in 19 league games...we have won how many home games in the last two seasons?

It isn't going to make it any worse mate...

On the positive side it's been three weeks since they rolled out a player saying how "we are too good to go down" and "we are focused on Europe" ....

Luckily for the board, they managed to kill us with boredom over the last two years so no one really cares enough anymore to protest.

Isn't Jeremy Wilson at The Telegraph meant to be the 'club's voice' in putting up articles for them ? If so, can anything further be read into this? Apart from stating publicly what many fans have been saying over the last two seasons.

It’s weird article. It’s main argument appears to be that we’ve basically bought players who see the club as a stepping stone so don’t have the stomach for a relegation scrap. It falls short of saying that the players are technically not good enough and there’s no mention of Les in the article.

What I mean is if we had kicked up a stink the first transfer window we had a fire sale it may not have kept happening but the board obviously thought "well if the fans aren't really that bothered we can do it over and over again" all in my opinion of course !
Yup, but Les was the Messiah.

You really need to go and google Fire Sale.

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

All that talent sold in just 3 years (completely and utterly unprecedented) 6 of those to Liverpool who now enjoy top 4 football and champions league

Reed is a cancer to this club

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

All that talent sold in just 3 years (completely and utterly unprecedented) 6 of those to Liverpool who now enjoy top 4 football and champions league

Disgrace really. Given the riches the prem brings

Players sold by Les Reed

VVD

Rodriguez

Mane

Pelle

Wanyama

Fonte

Gazzaniga

Juanmi

Boruc

Schneiderlin

Clyne

Cork

Chambers

Lallana

Shaw

Lambert

Lovren

When you see that list like that it really is quite shocking. You could add the debacles around Alderweild and Osveldo. You could add the purchase of lesser quality players in Redmond and Carrillo. You could add the sale of two keepers (above) to give way to a sub-standard keeper who now can't get a game. You could add the lack of addressing defensive frailties. You could add the complete lack of ambition which led to Koeman leaving and two (potentially three) sub-standard managerial changes. The list goes on and on...