Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

This is the main reason Les has kept his job until now. He has not only managed to convince many of our more gullible fans, through the skilful use of strategically placed 'leaks' to the media, that the Club really wanted to keep the players it has cashed in on but even got many of our fans to say good riddance when and even before he has sold them. That is why he has been so valuable to Kat:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/944667/Liverpool-Southampton-Saints-fans-Van-Dijk-Lallana-Mane-Pochettino-Colin-Mafham

This is the main reason Les has kept his job until now. He has not only managed to convince many of our more gullible fans, through the skilful use of strategically placed 'leaks' to the media, that the Club really wanted to keep the players it has cashed in on but even got many of our fans to say good riddance when and even before he has sold them. That is why he has been so valuable to Kat:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/944667/Liverpool-Southampton-Saints-fans-Van-Dijk-Lallana-Mane-Pochettino-Colin-Mafham

Short sighted enablers. Our fans are generally a bit ****

Even now it's clear to EVERYONE how useless Reed is, you still have a large % too weak to do or say anything

Weak club, weak fans, pathetic management

Edited by Heisenberg

That’s article is very poorly written and factually inaccurate. Other than summering that over the years we’ve had some top players it doesn’t tell you anything. Bale left before administration ffs and Liebherr bought us in league one not championship.

That’s article is very poorly written and factually inaccurate. Other than summering that over the years we’ve had some top players it doesn’t tell you anything. Bale left before administration ffs and Liebherr bought us in league one not championship.

Yes there are errors in facts but hard to disagree with the over-riding message of the article.

More defence of Reed and co?

WBA getting to the root of their issues - although talk is cheap - seeking to build a more attacking team in the Championship and reconnect with their fanbase.

We will see in the summer if Mr Gao has any interest in this club, by sacking Reed, Wilson and the rest of the deadwood, bringing us someone who will aim to do the same.

WBA getting to the root of their issues - although talk is cheap - seeking to build a more attacking team in the Championship and reconnect with their fanbase.

We will see in the summer if Mr Gao has any interest in this club, by sacking Reed, Wilson and the rest of the deadwood, bringing us someone who will aim to do the same.

Only a few weeks ago didn't they say they needed to apply for an overdraft, such was the financal mess at the club. They are just chatting to appease the fans. (like most clubs do)

There have been rumours linking Reed to other positions so he might go of her a own accord.

Wilson’s position really should untenable, the recruitment has been a disaster since he arrived.

It feels like he's ready to step down / be replaced in the summer... We can hope.

Problem is that we are so devoid of people with football knowledge now, how do you think Gao will find the right person to appoint? Perhaps Nelly will find the right candidate.

The club are better at spin than Shane Warne. The recent article on Cedric was revealing. We got all this bullsh*t all summer about Van Dijk we were being strong, wouldn't be bullied by Liverpool, weren't going to sell to them. Turns out both Cedric and Van Dijk were negotiating moves away and they got blocked as we were being sold to Gao, of course the club then sold Van Dijk to Liverpool at the earliest possible opportunity in January, they couldn't wait to get their hands on the cash. All the stuff about tapping up, making a stand all bullsH*t.

You can't trust a word that comes out of them, full of bol*ocks. All they've been interested in is making money. When you've got someone whose wiki page even says one of his greatest achievements in football was signing Chris smalling for nothing and selling him for £10m you can see why he's been promoted to the height of his imcompetence

The club are better at spin than Shane Warne. The recent article on Cedric was revealing. We got all this bullsh*t all summer about Van Dijk we were being strong, wouldn't be bullied by Liverpool, weren't going to sell to them. Turns out both Cedric and Van Dijk were negotiating moves away and they got blocked as we were being sold to Gao, of course the club then sold Van Dijk to Liverpool at the earliest possible opportunity in January, they couldn't wait to get their hands on the cash. All the stuff about tapping up, making a stand all bullsH*t.

You can't trust a word that comes out of them, full of bol*ocks. All they've been interested in is making money. When you've got someone whose wiki page even says one of his greatest achievements in football was signing Chris smalling for nothing and selling him for £10m you can see why he's been promoted to the height of his imcompetence

This

Get used to it, it’s going to probably be our popular history for the foreseeable future - the club with the golden generation who could have had glory but went for greed instead...

Club says they want to score more goals after relegation. Hardly groundbreaking stuff!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43737853

Not ground breaking - and words are easy but harder to achieve but we will see if they deliver. At least there’s an acknowledgement that WBA are awful to watch which more than Saints fans have had after two seasons of Claude and Pellegrino. Reed and Ralph seem to think we are great to watch - although Les is rather camera shy these days rather like someone who has been caught out - so who knows what that says about them.

I wonder whether he'll have the guts to publicly apologise?

People like Adam Blackmore are not impressed by his refusal to do any interviews. Presumably he's a bit worried at having to answer some tough questions. What a coward he is.

At least Lowe fronted up. In his own way, granted but he never hid

If the rumour of a 60% staff cull with relegation are true, then Reed and Kruger will know that there is no place for a Chairman and CEO in a Championship football team.

I think Kruger will bow out with some grace ("...relegation happened on my watch, so it is only right that I offer my resignation..."), Reed I think will jump at his first opportunity, but given his age and his performance with us, I don't think he will get any takers.

So, I would not be surprised at all, if he is still here come September.

He may take the opportunity to retire, but I am not convinced. Either way I bet he doesn't have a relegation clause in his contract, so presumably we'd have to stump up £500k a year, or whatever he earns, to pay the useless tosser.

£19m on Carillo. Just utter utter madness. Not even an ounce of good governance in that decision.

Cheerio Les, it was fun for a while, but we always thought you had an inflated opinion of yourself and for what it is worth, my season ticket renewal hinges on your departure.

If the rumour of a 60% staff cull with relegation are true, then Reed and Kruger will know that there is no place for a Chairman and CEO in a Championship football team.

I think Kruger will bow out with some grace ("...relegation happened on my watch, so it is only right that I offer my resignation..."), Reed I think will jump at his first opportunity, but given his age and his performance with us, I don't think he will get any takers.

So, I would not be surprised at all, if he is still here come September.

He may take the opportunity to retire, but I am not convinced. Either way I bet he doesn't have a relegation clause in his contract, so presumably we'd have to stump up £500k a year, or whatever he earns, to pay the useless tosser.

£19m on Carillo. Just utter utter madness. Not even an ounce of good governance in that decision.

Cheerio Les, it was fun for a while, but we always thought you had an inflated opinion of yourself and for what it is worth, my season ticket renewal hinges on your departure.

Imagine being one of the 60% of staff who will lose their jobs because of the shower of **** we’ve been. And you can bet those at the top (something else I heard is that there are a ridiculous amount of directors and heads of departments) will keep their jobs and high wages.

I was once told by someone at a meeting they had at the stadium that the commercial director came in to meet them and was boasting about the club being Champions League ready and that the club got rid of Koeman because he didn’t fit the Southampton away. That went really well!

But we fans will be here whatever, if we do get relegated, it will hopefully be time to get rid of most of the people at the top who’ve overseen the massive complacency.

heard a bloke at the game today saying reed is on garden leave having been relieved of his duties. He didn't want mope to get fired. Maybe the rubbish of the last two seasons have finally been pinned on him.

He was at Leicester with Freddie on Thursday so that might want to be taken with a pinch of salt unless it has happened since then ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He was at Leicester with Freddie on Thursday so that might want to be taken with a pinch of salt unless it has happened since then ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Are you sure? I remember seeing Krueger and an Asian chap who I assume to be Gao, but not Reed. Remember thinking it was weird then.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk