Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

^ it is really very difficult to understand so I'll try and help you.

If I (Cortese) build a new house (a great house) and then you (Reed) move in and I move out.... It's still a great house. I don't knock it all down and tell you to start again...

I (Cortese) built it so you (Reed) probably shouldn't take credit for building the house... Right? The house is newly built so doesn't need maintaining or TLC initially.

The new house should really be good for 7-10 years before any work or repairs are needed... Just don't do anything crazy and the house will be absolutely fine.

Les inherited a great house and just needed to maintain it. Instead he set about trying to take credit for building the house and immediately started selling off all the quality materials Cortese had used. Thankfully the original house build was solid so despite some initial asset stripping the house wins a few local housing awards.

Fast forward just a couple years and now the house is a mess and Reed has locked himself inside.

HTH

Terrible analogy.

Are you seriously comparing a house to a company operating in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with pulls/pushes from all directions and multiple agendas to control/satisfy? Houses are fixed assets which exist (not operate) in markets typically well outside the control of the owner/decision-maker and where value is primarily driven by location.

But even if we do persevere with what you’ve said: 1) les didn’t move in/inherit the house, he was there from 2010; and 2) when les took sole ownership, he did so under much harsher financial constraints - Cortese may have had the money to buy the best kitchen (and I accept he did nail the decision) but les was arguably off to IKEA for the bedrooms

I think even the (respectful) anti-les brigade will be backing away from your arguments, so perhaps try again?

(And that’s my three posts.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I (Cortese) build a new house (a great house) and then you (Reed) move in and I move out.... It's still a great house. I don't knock it all down and tell you to start again...

I (Cortese) built it so you (Reed) probably shouldn't take credit for building the house... Right? The house is newly built so doesn't need maintaining or TLC initially.

The new house should really be good for 7-10 years before any work or repairs are needed... Just don't do anything crazy and the house will be absolutely fine.

Les inherited a great house and just needed to maintain it. Instead he set about trying to take credit for building the house and immediately started selling off all the quality materials Cortese had used. Thankfully the original house build was solid so despite some initial asset stripping the house wins a few local housing awards.

Fast forward just a couple years and now the house is a mess and Reed has locked himself inside.

HTH

You've missed the part where he set about dismantling every vestige of the house he moved in to ^_^

HTH

Wrong.

Cortese rented the house.

Made lots of changes that the real owner didn't authorise.

Left a load of mess.

After being responsible for the appointments of Puel and Pellegrino he has the nerve to put forward another candidate to be considered as an alternative to Hughes. Every day he is showing that he is more and more out of touch. If Hughes gets the gig, he ought to do the decent thing and move on now. Did a good job over his full tenure, but on the downward part of the bell curve now.

After being responsible for the appointments of Puel and Pellegrino he has the nerve to put forward another candidate to be considered as an alternative to Hughes. Every day he is showing that he is more and more out of touch. If Hughes gets the gig, he ought to do the decent thing and move on now. Did a good job over his full tenure, but on the downward part of the bell curve now.

Is this fact or what you think

I thought Hughes was the choice according to Ralph

I think I'm getting it. Anything good since Cortese left was nothing to do with Reed and he's just taking credit for it, but anything bad, is. Therefore when we finished higher than Cortese ever did, played in Europe which Cortese never did, went further in both cup completions than Cortese ever did, it was nothing to do with Reed. Yet the one, ONE season that we finish lower than we did under Cortese (but still went further in the FA cup) its all down to Reed. **** me, and there was me thinking it was a bit more nuanced than that. The Reed haters have really opened my eyes with their well thought through precise analysis of the situation. It's all on Reed (apart from the good bits).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think that's really the case, I think the black box, otherwise know as Paul Mitchell was the main reason for our success and identifying potential targets. Cortese was the catalyst of Pochetino leaving, who then came back for Mitchell, good move by the way. We probably had some thoughts on future managers and players etc, this would have been Mitchells job, as Reed said 'we always have a list of potential players and managers', I personally think that Koeman was already on the list, possibly Tadic, Mane, VVD, Wanyama etc. weren't we also interested in Ali Dia, funny how he ended up at spurs. Reed then successfully recruited them, so all credit to him.

The problem is, in a fast dynamic business like football this list always needs updating, once Mitchell had disappeared and the list was getting shorter, the list needed updating, this is where Reed stepped in and decided he could do the same, problem was he couldn't. The biggest failure was in the managers position, this failure then meant the players underperformed, wonder what Koeman or Pochetino would have done with them. There are obvious gaps in the squad which haven't been rectified, the buck has to stop with Reed there.

The signings may come good, who knows, what we do need though is for Reed to at least accept responsibility and learn his lessons, I don't personally think he's capable, seems like the type of bloke who blames others for his failings. For this reason he needs to move on.

This is what I think has happened, or something similar. Now is the time to pay to get a decent dof, who the next manager can work with.