Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

(Mane) "Gives us some pace that we desperately need to move teams around" - and now here's me pointing out that we don't have a player that can do that and we're terribly predictable and easy to defend against. Though we have scored in 6 of the last 8 games...

As I said, a couple of posters thought he was rubbish and the rest just laughed at them. I stand by my post from back then:

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2087722

Edited by hypochondriac

Wow you must have been up all night writing that lot. The last thing on my mind last night was Saints or other posters on here. Life is out there!
Exactly, and I'm hardly in any fit state today to decipher it as well. Choose life.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Priceless. There were a lot more than two or three people slagging Mane off when he was here. I wonder if the same people would have him back now?
If you're using that thread as proof that there were more than two or three then I wouldn't if I were you. It consists of 90% of people ridiculing the poster in question and saying how wrong he is. It doesn't demonstrate what you think it does at all.

As I and almost everyone else said at the time:

Everyone disagrees mate. It's an idiotic thread.

If you're using that thread as proof that there were more than two or three then I wouldn't if I were you. It consists of 90% of people ridiculing the poster in question and saying how wrong he is. It doesn't demonstrate what you think it does at all.

As I and almost everyone else said at the time:

You could extrapolate that 10% across the fan base, and you’d get more than 2-3.

Or, you could read the thread, and you’d be able to count more than 3.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, it’s more than 2-3. And, actually, he was dreadful for a few games near the beginning, first touch was horrific.

You could extrapolate that 10% across the fan base, and you’d get more than 2-3.

Or, you could read the thread, and you’d be able to count more than 3.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, it’s more than 2-3. And, actually, he was dreadful for a few games near the beginning, first touch was horrific.

Nope he was never 'dreadful'. A few posters said he was around that time and was roundly ridiculed. Saying "saints fans" wrote him off as terrible is just a lie.

How many posts other than from the original poster have written mane off as rubbish in that thread? Maybe check the first 100 posts if you can't be bothered to go through the whole thing because I couldn't find a single one.

Edited by hypochondriac

My point was simply that the poster claims to be in Australia, and so given the time difference by definition he was not up all night on New Years posting on this forum as alleged.

To be fair, if he is australian then he probably doesn't know what he is doing when or where, even. Its the way the genes work there

Les and this board need to go soon. Their tenure-ship has been an absolute train-wreck. Took the money and banked it whilst Kat got a buyer. And if you aim to stay still in this league you drop down. Simples. Negligence of the highest order.

People want to blame the manager, but this lot took a top 6 team that just missed champions league football - and created this in 12-18 months.

And didn't get fired... WTF.

Lowe offered his resignation for a slightly lesser decline than that - Reed needs to be put under huge pressure let alone MP. Crowd are just corporate now though, not the guts and steel of the Branfoot era

Said it earlier in this thread, Les has a big two weeks coming up, much depending on how tonight's result went. Now we know, he simply has to sack mope or his tenure should end, it's that simple. Of course, his future would then depend on making the right appointment and his last two have been wrong, but if he dithers after this evening he simply shouldn't have a future.

Hes been a significant part of our rise, but he's in real danger of being the biggest factor in our demise. Les, get some balls, admit you screwed up and sack the clown. Tonight.

Anyone care to revisit their vote now....shocking. I know no other business where this level of performance would continue to be supported. The only reason I can see is self preservation by the board

It all rests on this window for me. If they sit on their hands then even if we survive relegation they're totally unfit for the job.

Self preservation by the board is going against the clubs best interests so surely Gao needs to protect his assets and get rid of the useless fuc**** chumps
Don't think he's been here long enough to realise the gravity of the situation. Might well only realise too late.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Anyone remember Rupert Lowe's approach in the Prem relegation transfer period in January 2005?

1. Sell Beattie for £6m.

2. Spend less than that on replacements.

3. Make a profit from transfer window.

4. Get relegated.

In his defence, we didn't have much money anyway, and the absolute worst thing you can do is spend loads of money and still get relegated. Obviously spending boosts your chances of staying up, but if you don't manage it the entire club is screwed for years to come. Where we really ****ed up was spending loads of money in the Championship and banking on getting promotion, which had the same effect.

I'm not unhappy with the board because of player transfers - though there have been plenty of frustrating moments, and it annoys me how great they think they are with all the tripe they put out about the club and their 'strategy' - I'm unhappy because the single most important responsibility is appointing the right manager. They have got it hideously wrong and are refusing to acknowledge it.

I heard a snippet, I don't know how reliable the source is, maybe some actual ITKs could confirm it. Apparently Puel signed the GK Hassan with the idea of playing him, but was told by the board that he couldn't. Presumably this was to keep Forster's value up (and also why we gave him a new contract, and why we haven't given McCarthy a go until we're in major trouble). I firmly believe Puel was told to do the same with Rodriguez (i.e. play him) so that we could sell for a decent fee.

You could argue it was worth it in J-Rod's case, but not sure, if this is indeed true, that it's the best model of running a football club. You should play to win matches, not to keep your balance sheet as healthy as possible.

Les Reed should be spending 100% of his working day finding us a new manager, and quickly.

Not spending time with the players and Mauricio Lame Duck Pellegrino.

What the f*ck are him and Ralph up to. F*cking pair of c*nts.

Apparently they were walking around, winking at the players and making noose gestures behind Pellegrino’s back.

People ought to look into who certain players (especially at academy level) are signing up as their agency and look through the surnames of some of the agents associated to the company. Then you've found the tip of an iceberg.
If you have something to say then you should just say it.

I was just lurking on Not606. There seems to be some further info in post 59 here...

https://www.not606.com/threads/cmon-ralph-and-les-admit-it-you-ed-up.356828/page-3

(In reply to the post above)

If true Les has to go for conflict of interest surely?

Doesn't surprise me at all in honesty. Reed seems a money grabbing ****. Wonder if that rumour about him getting a % of transfer deals is true also now.

Doesn't surprise me at all in honesty. Reed seems a money grabbing ****. Wonder if that rumour about him getting a % of transfer deals is true also now.

There’s a lot of information that needs to be fleshed out and verified, so I’m not particularly interested in rushing to judgment.

Ive been posting about the % of transfer deals for 3 years.....