Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

This is where my blame and anger sits.

Les hired him, les failed to fire him.

Les is to blame for our situation

Absolutely has to go. We have a very shortsighted fans that think sacking the manager (and leaving this man and his team in place) will fix our problems. Absolutely delusional. Les Reed is the club's cancer. He needs to go in the summer and a complete restructuring take place. If he is allowed to continue then his legacy will be taking saints from the strongest position and momentum they've had in a generation, and leave us languishing in the second or third tiers.

The man is a balding failed **** who has zero pedigree in his career and has failed at the FA, Charlton, and now saints. Get rid asap.

The fans need to protest him next game, and every game!! until he goes!

Need to be more vocal about this guy and the cancer he is, fûck the team. We need to do something to get him out.

Mate, some of us have been... and for quite a few years.

The warning signs were there the second he got control from NC, and the proceeded to blame his predecessor for everything that was bad, and take credit himself for everything that was good.

That right there was the sign we had a piece of **** brown noser in charge, and one with literally zero skills or ideas of his own.

Fast forward a couple of years, and he has overseen the almost complete wastage of the past 7 years hard work. He is a complete and utter failure who is in it for nothing but his own ego and pay packet.

He is utter scum and will be viewed as far worse for us than Lowe in a few years time. Les Reed has not delivered us a stadium or a training ground, but will leave us in the lower divisions, and with the youth teams at the worst they have been in a decade.

Lets not even start of the amount of lies he has told the fanbase.

Edited by Saint86

Mate, some of us have been... and for quite a few years.

The warning signs were there the second he got control from NC, and the proceeded to blame his predecessor for everything that was bad, and take credit himself for everything that was good.

That right there was the sign we had a piece of **** brown noser in charge, and one with literally zero skills or ideas of his own.

Fast forward a couple of years, and he has overseen the almost complete wastage of the past 7 years hard work. He is a complete and utter failure who is in it for nothing but his own ego and pay packet.

He is utter scum and will be viewed as far worse for us than Lowe in a few years time. Les Reed has not delivered us a stadium or a training ground, but will leave us in the lower divisions, and with the youth teams at the worst they have been in a decade.

Lets not even start of the amount of lies he has told the fanbase.

Yup.

They aren't really comparable... given they don't have the same role. Plus Lowe was a major shareholder and Reed isn't.

Its impressive right? He's made a far bigger mess, from a far stronger starting position, and with supposedly less power. That is some achievement.

Beyond me how you can even try to defend him. Sadly, fans that defend him (or this board) are part of the problem; they have been absolutely shocking and the fans need to voice a push for change. He literally has to go in order for us to make any progress. As do the current board.

Unfortunately, that may take another trip to the bottom of the football league and administration.

The only silver lining this season is that each loss hastens the day where this board and Les Reed **** off.

Edited by Saint86

They aren't really comparable... given they don't have the same role. Plus Lowe was a major shareholder and Reed isn't.

As a major shareholder, Rupes had skin the game whereas Reed's exposure if we go down is much more limited.

#cushtysetup

As do the current board.

Unfortunately, that may take another trip to the bottom of the football league and administration.

The only silver lining this season is that each loss hastens the day where this board and Les Reed **** off.

The worry though is to be replaced by what ?

Don't have any belief or confidence that Gao will make a good appointment as replacement.

And still 42% support Leslie!!! WTF is wrong with our fanbase?

Our fans have sat and allowed this to happen.

Club deserves to go down and alot of our fans should take some blame too.

#Enablers #blind

They are happy as he isn't cortese and we got our club back etc

As a major shareholder, Rupes had skin the game whereas Reed's exposure if we go down is much more limited.

#cushtysetup

Do you reckon he'll lose money out of it? Or do you think he is already getting sweaty palms over all the player sales he can negotiate?

Serious question FYI.

He deserves a lot of credit for 2010 to 2016. Post 2016 a lot of mistakes have been made.

He deserves sod all credit for most of that mate, he wasn't even here when we got taken over, when pardew was appointed, or when Fonte, Lambert, punchoen, hammond etc (i.e. the promotion team) were signed. He had zero to do with Adkins, and even less to do with poch.

What he did do the second he got control was lie to the fans, flog our team, and immediately try to take credit for work that wasn't his, whilst blaming anything awkward on those before.

You are just talking out your arse now ffs.

The only single thing i'll tip my hat to is that he hired koeman. But then he fell out with him and ****ed up Toby's deal. So screw him anyway.

Its okay though, because he paid £20m for carrillo :lol:

Edited by Saint86

He deserves sod all credit for most of that mate, he wasn't even here when we got taken over, when pardew was appointed, or when Fonte, Lambert, punchoen, hammond etc signed. Had zero to do with Adkins or poch.

You are just talking out your arse now ffs.

I think you need to look closer to home for that. Reed has played a key role in the club from 2010, many good signings and the Koeman appointment. He has messed up since Koeman left.

I think you need to look closer to home for that. Reed has played a key role in the club from 2010, many good signings and the Koeman appointment. He has messed up since Koeman left.

:mcinnes:

Edited by Saint86

Do your own research as I've posted this on here before and I'm not doing it again.. Check your appointment dates and then check player signing dates. And then check interviews with Adkins, Poch, Cortese, and any (if you can find them) from Reed at the time.

Les Reed does not warrant the credit he gets. Simple fact. And regardless, he has none of his "fake" credit left with the fans anyway.

I know when every player joined ffs. He joined in April 2010, we have signed a lot of players that have been very good for us since then. I've not said he is currently doing a good job, the last two seasons have been poor.

Reed is heavily culpable for the situation we find ourselves in. How we have dramatically regressed and for that to not have been halted is beyond questions for Reed, IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL

I know when every player joined ffs. He joined in April 2010, we have signed a lot of players that have been very good for us since then. I've not said he is currently doing a good job, the last two seasons have been poor.

I'm not going to argue.

Les Reed did not sign the promotion team. He did not appoint pardew either. In fact, he basically wasn't at the club for any of these key appointments.

Following this, he did not appoint Adkins, he did not sack Adkins, and he did not hire Poch.

He did hire Koeman. But then he royally messed that up anyway.

He has directly overseen our fall from just off champions league to just off championship. He flat out needs to go. And not just him but the entire board.

I'm not going to argue.

Les Reed did not sign the promotion team. He did not appoint pardew either. In fact, he basically wasn't at the club for any of these key appointments.

Following this, he did not appoint Adkins, he did not sack Adkins, and he did not hire Poch.

What evidence do you have that he wasn't at all involved in the appointment of Adkins or Pochettino?

I'm not going to argue.

He did hire Koeman. But then he royally messed that up anyway.

He has directly overseen our fall from just off champions league to just off championship. He flat out needs to go. And not just him but the entire board.

Added to this. Why is it that both player and backroom staff departures seem to leave with a bitter taste?

Wasn't it Mitchell who found Pochettino?

Yep....when we were scouting Coutinho..it was then the relationship with saints started

The development director would have had little to zero to do with that

More so when the club was in the cortese image for good and bad

What evidence do you have that he wasn't at all involved in the appointment of Adkins or Pochettino?

Didn't Poch say in his book he spoke to Reed once?

Either way it doesn't matter. What matters is what is happening now and Reed has shown himself to be a gutless, ego driven **** who thinks he is above the club.

He's untouchable like the rest of the upper management we need a clear out right from Ceo down to youth coaches! We have regressed from poking about around the top 6 ,Playing exciting attacking football bringing through promising young british players to struggling to stay in the league with none of the above !

Didn't Poch say in his book he spoke to Reed once?

Either way it doesn't matter. What matters is what is happening now and Reed has shown himself to be a gutless, ego driven **** who thinks he is above the club.

Take this season as a microcosm and Imagine if NC was still here - do people seriously think we'd still be in this state? Obviously not right? So then why is it accepted because its Reed / our current board? Because they deserve credit for things that were arguably another man's work anyway?

We need a total clear out from the top.

Edited by Saint86

Mitchell was himself a Les Reed appointment. Does Reed get credit for that?

Plus Mitchell was under Reed and both were part of the recruitment committee.

It's incredible how you Reedites are still desperately trying to heap praise on your hero. Fortunately, you are in a tiny minority now.

Mitchell was himself a Les Reed appointment. Does Reed get credit for that?

Plus Mitchell was under Reed and both were part of the recruitment committee.

Why are you defending him? It’s patently obvious he’s culpable for a lot of this mess.