Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

If true Les has to go for conflict of interest surely?

Doesn't surprise me at all in honesty. Reed seems a money grabbing ****. Wonder if that rumour about him getting a % of transfer deals is true also now.

I will wait patiently for the Reedist cult on here to defend yet another black mark against him.

Edited by Saint86

I will wait patiently for the Reedist cult on here to defend yet another black mark against him.

Reedist cult? Really? And whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty. Better get those pitchforks sharpened!

I remember the days when Lowe was accused of embezzling money from the club. Still waiting for that to be proven.

I think this looks a tad tenuous. Midas Sports is owned and operated by Steve Wood, who played 46 times at centre half for SFC from 1991-1994.

His employees/associates include Andrew Reed, but also Mickey Adams and David Hughes, both of whom have history with the club.

Midas sports last published accounts are those of a small business, and therefore quite limited in what they reveal, but debtors (money owing to them) of £1.2m and creditors (money they owe to others) of £1.1m, plus about 350k cash in bank, would imply their turnover is probably somewhere in the £7-£10m bracket. Which is pretty good for a small business and a small number of employees/associates.

Given that SFC is not a public company, it is at liberty to spend its money wherever it chooses. It is also at liberty to recommend to its youth players one agency over another.

The only thing that may be amiss is if the shareholders are unaware of any relationship that could be perceived as a conflict of interest. If they are aware of the relationship between SFC and Midas and any individuals that could create a conflict of interest, then we're all good.

Also, interestingly, Les is now 65 and whilst I appreciate you no longer get shown the door, I wonder what his retirement plans are?

I'm with you ooh, it seems good club policy to form ties with an agency you trust rather than leave all your yoof to the fkn sharks.

Hopefully it's a lot more shady than that though. Hopefully Les has got secret shares in Midas or something like that.

I dont see much in this and to be honest its iffy ground on here to make these sort of claims, you can be sued.

I agree about the conflict of interest and of course how often midas sports might have been used in transfers is another thing.

I dont see much in this and to be honest its iffy ground on here to make these sort of claims, you can be sued.

I agree about the conflict of interest and of course how often midas sports might have been used in transfers is another thing.

As Bearsy makes a good point above (did I just type that...?) there's certainly a stance where you could say it's a smart move getting top young assets signed up with a group or individual you trust implicitly. I'm sure previous owners/executives must have had preferred parties to deal with or use on deals too? I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case at every club in the country. It's natural that people in business find people they like and dislike dealing with. Didn't people say the same about Cortese?

I think those above suggesting Les is taking a cut of deals (especially the Liverpool comment) is leaping to far greater conclusions than any evidence seems to suggest and need to reign it in a bit and be careful. All we can see on the face of it is that he has a family tie to an agency who are being given work by Saints and/or Saints players/coaches.

That agency represents a lot of people though and quite clearly isn't just a small thing that's only Saints-centric.

Quick twitter search on the Midas twitter doesn't give much about Saints bar a few tweets about Josh Sims, who is on their clients page photo carousel, a few other youth players and this on Claude Puel; seems as though they helped with representing Saints: https://twitter.com/Midassports/status/748512428179197952

Nothing really underhand with it and like others have said, perhaps its better that Reed and Saints do have a relationship with an agency they trust.

Clearly says that Gao has told Les to do whatever it takes to stop us going down. Good, that's what I want to hear, and it puts to bed, if true, accusations that Gao is just an asset stripper.

I reckon Pellegrino is gone before we play Watford.

We could sign Messi and he would have him tracking back and passing sideways. Les knows he's going to have to sack the manager.

Clearly says that Gao has told Les to do whatever it takes to stop us going down. Good, that's what I want to hear, and it puts to bed, if true, accusations that Gao is just an asset stripper.

We could sign Messi and he would have him tracking back and passing sideways. Les knows he's going to have to sack the manager.

Assuming that the "winning" formula of 4-2-3-1 isn't Les's idea and the only way we are going to play, regardless as to who is in charge. I cannot believe the current manager has stuck with it, unless he has a clear remit from above, or he is really, really, really stupid.

Assuming that the "winning" formula of 4-2-3-1 isn't Les's idea and the only way we are going to play' date=' regardless as to who is in charge. I cannot believe the current manager has stuck with it, unless he has a clear remit from above, or he is really, really, really stupid.[/quote']

He has gone 3 at the back before, he is just hopeless.

Assuming that the "winning" formula of 4-2-3-1 isn't Les's idea and the only way we are going to play' date=' regardless as to who is in charge. I cannot believe the current manager has stuck with it, unless he has a clear remit from above, or he is really, really, really stupid.[/quote']

4-2-3-1 is what Koeman use for the majority of the 2015/16 season when Saints came 6th... only 3 points from a Champions League spot.

Those Saints fans demanding 2 upfront is more attacking than 4-2-3-1 need a rethink. 4-2-3-1 if used correctly and by a tactically competent manager can be a very attacking formation.

Unfortunately I didn’t get quite the same positive reading from that. More that it was just a think piece with no new information. The Gao element isn’t substantiated. So seems a bit woolly and untrustworthy. Obviously hope it’s true though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4-2-3-1 is what Koeman use for the majority of the 2015/16 season when Saints came 6th... only 3 points from a Champions League spot.

Those Saints fans demanding 2 upfront is more attacking than 4-2-3-1 need a rethink. 4-2-3-1 if used correctly and by a tactically competent manager can be a very attacking formation.

And if you have the right players to play it. We did when we had Pelle up top, with Mane and co close to him.

Unfortunately I didn’t get quite the same positive reading from that. More that it was just a think piece with no new information. The Gao element isn’t substantiated. So seems a bit woolly and untrustworthy. Obviously hope it’s true though...

It was quite a bold statement to make if there was nothing behind it. We are talking about The Sun though.

Need the correct players for 4231 and we haven’t since mane and pelle left

Need the correct players for 4231 and we haven’t since mane and pelle left

This. IMO we only have 3 decent attackers in Austin, Boufal & Tadic. Even if all 3 are fit we still have that 4th attacking spot filled with an ageing Davis or JWP. With Austin injured it just compounds the problem.

Wonder where The Sun got that comment from though ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Ashton has had a hard on for Cortese and Poch for years, don't believe a thing he writes about Reed or Kat.

Doesn’t help he calls our manager “Manuel Pellegrino”

Slightly off subject . Just watching “No hunger in paradise” on BT sport, all about youth development . Reed on, comes over quite well. Mike Calvin states in the voice over that “The Southampton way” is giving potential a chance. That we are developing intelligent, technical, skilful , well rounded players.

As an aside, Arsene Wenger incredibly impressive and absolutely spot on with his comments about the development of English players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slightly off subject . Just watching “No hunger in paradise” on BT sport, all about youth development . Reed on, comes over quite well. Mike Calvin states in the voice over that “The Southampton way” is giving potential a chance. That we are developing intelligent, technical, skilful , well rounded players.

As an aside, Arsene Wenger incredibly impressive and absolutely spot on with his comments about the development of English players.

Agree. Watching it too. My son says he doesn’t want to be a pro anymore. Ps wenger for us next year? Read he’s said Arteta should follow him at Arsenal

I watched it too and thought it was very good. Reed talked pretty good. But I don't agree with what he was saying about other clubs waste money and we would rather give kids a chance. We have wasted a lot of money on players just as every club has. We are not doing anything different then what other clubs are doing. His point about we bring a player through rather then spending a ton of money on an outside player is wrong too. Take young Sam out on loan at Birmingham for example. Rather than give him the chance Reed alludes to we brought in someone else. The same goes for Harrison Reed and others. Every club wants to bring through their own players but if the team isn't doing well every club will spend money and bring someone else in hoping to improve the squad. So for me regardless of who he is or where we as a club are at the moment what he was trying to say in theory sounds very great but it isn't true. And no doubt by the end of January we will have other players brought in who will push the kids who play in those positions even further away from the first team.

Thanks so there's the first part of the rumour that's doing the rounds confirmed. More digging required

I have heard some media outlets are already doing some digging , They love a good premier league scandal haha.

Thanks so there's the first part of the rumor that's doing the rounds confirmed. More digging required

I have heard some media outlets are already doing some digging , They love a good premier league scandal haha.

I suspect the outcome will be more loop hole and unethical, possible conflict of interest ect ect but nothing corrupt or illegal. Reed wouldn't be that stupid/greedy - would he?

Perhaps he has seen an opportunity to extract more £'s from the club and will no doubt justify it as a "control" and "support" decision rather than anything driven by finances. I'm sure he's had this all checked out.

The allegation is that academy players are being pressured into signing for the certain agency (agency his son now works for) and that by doing so they get paid more - if true that's a massive abuse of power.

Problem is Reed has too much power here - absent owners + Ralph dropping in every few months + CEO gone and not replaced. Its a big jump from being assistant manager on a voluntary basis at Bishop's Stortford FC in the Conference South 9 years ago.

I really thought we'd have made some more positive moves by now. The Watford game is a must win in all honesty. We badly need points and we badly need to do everything we can to give ourselves the best possible chance in these matches.

Why does Les Reed get so much stick when this has been such a successful period? Im guessing he my be feeling a little under-appreciated. If he sells it's a mistake, if he doesn't sell it's a mistake. If he doesn't sack Puel it's a mistake, if he does sack him it's a mistake. Tough crowd or what?

Anyway, no worries, there's nothing wrong with talking a right load of old crap!!! Don't let it concern you! Please continue!

Why does Les Reed get so much stick when this has been such a successful period? Im guessing he my be feeling a little under-appreciated. If he sells it's a mistake, if he doesn't sell it's a mistake. If he doesn't sack Puel it's a mistake, if he does sack him it's a mistake. Tough crowd or what?

Anyway, no worries, there's nothing wrong with talking a right load of old crap!!! Don't let it concern you! Please continue!

It s calked fickle fans

Define successful!