Les Reed

Heisenberg

Les Reed - In or Out?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Les Reed - In or Out?

I don't know if Les needs to call it a day, but something needs to change.

There's a stench of decline right across the club: the first team has gone markedly backwards, the U23s have been relegated, the younger age groups aren't producing or developing any players that international youth set ups are interested in.

Where are we going?

I don't know if Les needs to call it a day, but something needs to change.

There's a stench of decline right across the club: the first team has gone markedly backwards, the U23s have been relegated, the younger age groups aren't producing or developing any players that international youth set ups are interested in.

Where are we going?

A rot seems to have set in and without major changes at the top, it's hard to see anything but a dour relegation struggle next season.

Puel can go, but Les Reed? Some of you really have short memories and delusion.

I don't have a problem with Reed as we bring some good players in.

Just need someone good to manage them like Koeman and Pottychino did.

plus stop selling players to Liverpool.

Puel can go, but Les Reed? Some of you really have short memories and delusion.

Why exactly. Cortese was the one that got us from league 1 to prem. les Reed hasn't convinced hardly anyone to stay and given the fans false hope. Koeman was staying, clyne was staying and where was the fonte replacement?

He certainly has: from one of the best teams in the country, capable of beating any other team in the Premier League, which finished 6th and was only 3 points of a Champions League place, to this.

When were we this before Led Reed turned up? I can't remember it.

His biggest error was not letting RK see out the last year of his contract. He thought he was being clever forcing RKs hand but who is laughing now?

If we still had Koeman running his contract down the dins on this forum would be into effing meltdown about now. I can't believe dopey Les has let this drag on we could all see his contract is up where's the ambition get him signed up Les we are a laughing stock etc etc etc etc.

His biggest error was not letting RK see out the last year of his contract. He thought he was being clever forcing RKs hand but who is laughing now?

From day one that the Everton leak came out sources were stating that Koeman was interested & Everton were confident of getting him. That didn't come out of thin air. There is no way Koeman would have stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did get 6mi for RK so it depends if you think RK was worth three places this year.

We would be planning for his departure right now but I am sure the feeling round the club would be more positive.. We would also have had a full season to plan his replacement etc..

If Puel goes how much will we be paying him to go?

From day one that the Everton leak came out sources were stating that Koeman was interested & Everton were confident of getting him. That didn't come out of thin air. There is no way Koeman would have stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% he would of seen his 3rd year out trust me

If we still had Koeman running his contract down the dins on this forum would be into effing meltdown about now. I can't believe dopey Les has let this drag on we could all see his contract is up where's the ambition get him signed up Les we are a laughing stock etc etc etc etc.

We have a strange view in this country about contracts. I get it with players as their value drops but managers don't stay long so really having a long contract means nothing.

I believe RK when he says he will stay at Everton for the length of his contract but I don't think he will sign an extension. Will Everton pull the trigger or let him see his contract out? It will be interesting how that plays out.

Agree. I have every confidence that RK would have seen out his final year, even if everything in football recommends caution and scepticism.

Also doubt Les Reed would have come under much criticism if Koeman didn't sign a new contract. Koeman was pretty transparent from the day one that he would honour his contract, giving no real assurances beyond that. No more, no less. Three years is an eternity in management terms. Rather more likely, there would have been an acceptance that we were fortunate to enjoy his services for so long given his enhanced stock and reputation.

Those claiming Reed was in a thankless and impossible position are risible and weasel-worded. Reed had choices: he played hardball, betting on his ability to find an effective successor should Koeman not back down -all of which is fair enough. But by the same token, he'll be judged on that decision.

Edited by shurlock

That's ok then. Honest Ron says so, how could we ever doubt him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is this the guy who wants Barkley to sign a new contract with just the year left.. or tells him to go

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

I don't have a problem with Reed as we bring some good players in.

Just need someone good to manage them like Koeman and Pottychino did.

plus stop selling players to Liverpool.

He appointed Claure who you want sacked you ******

Post match interview with Koeman on MOTD criticising Barkley for trying to negotiate a move with his agent and not letting the club know what his plans are, what a ****ing hypocrite.

I thought we forced RK out? He made it clear he would stay one more year..how is that a hypocrite?

I thought we forced RK out? He made it clear he would stay one more year..how is that a hypocrite?

Jesus wept. I think you'll find he "made it clear" that he was off to Everton for lots more money.

If he wanted to stay at SFC he could have "made that clear" to Everton but funnily enough he didn't.

Jesus wept. I think you'll find he "made it clear" that he was off to Everton for lots more money.

If he wanted to stay at SFC he could have "made that clear" to Everton but funnily enough he didn't.

You are wrong. Not for the first time but carry on making your own stories up.

You are wrong. Not for the first time but carry on making your own stories up.

You seriously think that if we'd said "yeah ok Ronald you can run your contract down" he wouldn't have left for Everton for more money?

You utter mug.

Don't especially see what Reed has done majorly wrong apart from being rather smug with public comments that bite him on the arse.

He doesn't control the finances or size of club we are and has been a key component of what we have done the last 5 years or so.

Don't especially see what Reed has done majorly wrong apart from being rather smug with public comments that bite him on the arse.

He doesn't control the finances or size of club we are and has been a key component of what we have done the last 5 years or so.

I don't always agree with his/ the boards decisions, he does wind me up sometimes when he spouts rubbish (like top 4 etc) and I think that sometimes we sell to Liverpool too quickly..at least make them wait rather than sell in June FFS.. But otherwise I think he is pretty competent at his job. I don't really think Puel was a bad appointment, on paper it should have worked and maybe it will yet....

I would see no reason why we would be desperate for him to leave?

You seriously think that if we'd said "yeah ok Ronald you can run your contract down" he wouldn't have left for Everton for more money?

You utter mug.

I know he would have...

"Mug" lol... I thought you were meant to be bright? Your witty "repartee" is normally petty name calling...

Struggling with the keys are you? Fat fingers? Too old for technology? Lol never mind..it will soon be over for you. Xxx

I know he would have...

"Mug" lol... I thought you were meant to be bright? Your witty "repartee" is normally petty name calling...

Struggling with the keys are you? Fat fingers? Too old for technology? Lol never mind..it will soon be over for you. Xxx

Unless you are a personal acquaintance of Ronald, and had a personal chat with him last season, then I wouldn't think you knew.

You utter mug.

Yep he would of stayed no questions reed /club played his move very cleverly reed is very childish at times even down to the fact that when RK finally went he wouldn't let him past security at staplewood to clear his office RK had to phone a friend to come and clear it for him with reed chuckling in the background ,once reed knew that RK wouldn't extend beyond the 3 years there was only one agenda from reed/club and that was they wouldn't let him stay for the 3rd year they would manoeuvre him out and get compo ,i know their are a few on here who know the facts and will back this up

Yep he would of stayed no questions reed /club played his move very cleverly reed is very childish at times even down to the fact that when RK finally went he wouldn't let him past security at staplewood to clear his office RK had to phone a friend to come and clear it for him with reed chuckling in the background ,once reed knew that RK wouldn't extend beyond the 3 years there was only one agenda from reed/club and that was they wouldn't let him stay for the 3rd year they would manoeuvre him out and get compo ,i know their are a few on here who know the facts and will back this up

How do you know this, may I ask?

For God's sake.

You're mixing up two completely different things.

1. We were never, ever, ever going to let Koeman go into the last year of his contract. That was obvious to anyone with a brain, and it was obvious before he was linked with any other club. That's why we offered him an extension with the highest wage we've ever paid any manager. Our club are shrewd enough to not let a manager dictate to us his departure and be burdened with a year of speculation about the future of our manager. We were never ever going to let him run his contract down.

2. As soon as Everton came in with big money he was off. More money, bigger club, what's not to love.

The idea he would have stayed and seen out his contract is a lovely little bullish it angle that manages to portray the man who walked out on a contract for big old bucks as a broken hearted helpless victim of howwible old bully boy Les. He made me leave the job of my dweams he did.

And the saps who know a steward who knows someone pass this "inside info" around and fu cking lap it up.

Wise up.

For God's sake.

You're mixing up two completely different things.

1. We were never, ever, ever going to let Koeman go into the last year of his contract. That was obvious to anyone with a brain, and it was obvious before he was linked with any other club. That's why we offered him an extension with the highest wage we've ever paid any manager. Our club are shrewd enough to not let a manager dictate to us his departure and be burdened with a year of speculation about the future of our manager. We were never ever going to let him run his contract down.

2. As soon as Everton came in with big money he was off. More money, bigger club, what's not to love.

The idea he would have stayed and seen out his contract is a lovely little bullish it angle that manages to portray the man who walked out on a contract for big old bucks as a broken hearted helpless victim of howwible old bully boy Les. He made me leave the job of my dweams he did.

And the saps who know a steward who knows someone pass this "inside info" around and fu cking lap it up.

Wise up.

Sap !!!! sounds like its coming from a little boy son

Why exactly. Cortese was the one that got us from league 1 to prem. les Reed hasn't convinced hardly anyone to stay and given the fans false hope. Koeman was staying, clyne was staying and where was the fonte replacement?

Ok I'll give you that. Apart from Davis Tadic, Rodriguez, VVD, Forster, Romeu, Hesketh, Harry Reed, JWP, Targett, Sims, Bertrand, Long and Cedric who all signed new contracts (there are many others if you look). Wait a minute. Maybe there's a flaw in your argument.

Ok I'll give you that. Apart from Davis Tadic, Rodriguez, VVD, Forster, Romeu, Hesketh, Harry Reed, JWP, Targett, Sims, Bertrand, Long and Cedric who all signed new contracts (there are many others if you look). Wait a minute. Maybe there's a flaw in your argument.
I would suspect that signing a contract is different to getting a player to stay if an offer comes in for those players. If the club really don't want to sell then we would see how good Les was at persuading them to stay , at present I expect he is on 0% success rate

- "I've just had a call from an agent....Man U and Liverpool want to give our star player a 200% salary increase. shall I get Uncle Les?"

"No, don't call Uncle Les. He's rubbish at persuading people to turn down massive salary increases. Get that other guy. You know, that guy who's really good at persuading people to turn down loads of money to stay at less prestigious clubs."

I would suspect that signing a contract is different to getting a player to stay if an offer comes in for those players. If the club really don't want to sell then we would see how good Les was at persuading them to stay , at present I expect he is on 0% success rate

Those players I referred to are all still here. They would not have signed unless they bought into the direction the club is moving. I doubt you or I would find it easy to turn down a 100% increase in wages to stay at a club that we love and Les would probably not have been a great influence in the decision making. I'm not the biggest Les Reed fan but to rubbish him as some have done is simply ludicrous.

Those players I referred to are all still here. They would not have signed unless they bought into the direction the club is moving. I doubt you or I would find it easy to turn down a 100% increase in wages to stay at a club that we love and Les would probably not have been a great influence in the decision making. I'm not the biggest Les Reed fan but to rubbish him as some have done is simply ludicrous.
cynical I know but increasing a contract is better for club and player. The player gets a wage increase and security,the club get a higher transfer fee when they are sold

• 3 weeks later...