Boufal

spyinthesky

If pellegrino takes this stance he's inviting pressure on himself. Every time we fail to score and boufal is stuck on the bench the fans faith in mp is going to drain away.

What if he plays Boufal and he does **** all? How many games does he get before the fans allow him to be dropped?

Taking nothing away from the goal which was epic but that goal is not typical of what Boufal has offered since he arrived last season. He clearly deserves a start based on his cameo on Saturday but I still have the niggling feeling he is not the magic wand a lot of fans seem to think he is.

Pellegrino may have a reason. Apparently, Boufal had not done enough to earn a place in Garth Crooks' team of the week.
Being that he was on the pitch for all of ten minutes that doesn't seem that unfair. Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Brighton and Huddersfield had particularly good weekends as well. There are other football clubs.

What if he plays Boufal and he does **** all? How many games does he get before the fans allow him to be dropped?

The same that Redmond has been given, so about 40.

He is by some distance the most talented player at the club and it's up to the manager to find a system that gets the best out of him

The same that Redmond has been given, so about 40.

He is by some distance the most talented player at the club and it's up to the manager to find a system that gets the best out of him

Not my take he is a player who plays for himself rather than the team but has some great ability, but if people,are honest, after a season at the club, his highlights would fill up about a two minute YouTube video

He's finally taken one of the chances he has been given so he certainly deserves the chance to show if he can replicate that on a regular basis it will be interesting to see if he can influence a game for 90mins rather than for the last 10-15.

The final bit of footwork before sidestepping the last man on the edge of the box is much more intricate than it appears from the wide-angle camera view. Amazing composure and talent after having already run about 60 yards with the ball.

The guy has reasonable pace, is quite strong, great balance, can shoot and tracks back. All this "plays for himself", "can only do ten minutes" guff is prejudiced nonsense.

I will say that there is possibly a question mark over temperament as he's reacted to a few challenges whilst he's been here and you can see him picking up the odd red card.

Not my take he is a player who plays for himself rather than the team but has some great ability, but if people,are honest, after a season at the club, his highlights would fill up about a two minute YouTube video

He's finally taken one of the chances he has been given so he certainly deserves the chance to show if he can replicate that on a regular basis it will be interesting to see if he can influence a game for 90mins rather than for the last 10-15.

He clearly has confidence in his own ability, yes sometimes he does a little too much but I certainly wouldn't say he doesn't play for the team. He tracks back a lot more than Tadic and must be better for team morale than having Redmond in the side who moans at his teammates 24/7.

He was out with a serious injury for a 1/4 of last season and then the rest of it he pretty much spent on the bench, so yeah, about 2 minutes is probably right.

People need to be realistic, if he was the finished package who could control a game (like he did on Saturday when he came on) for 90 minutes every week, then he wouldn't be at us. The only was he will get consistency is by playing week in week out, and yes he will make mistakes.

Had it not been for Boufal's extra bit of quality, it's very possible we wouldn't have made a cup final (goal against Sunderland) and wouldn't have finished 8th (goal against Middlesbrough at home), so to say he's finally taken one of the chances he's been given is unfair.

I feel at bit for Boufal as he's come to us when we have 2 managers who's first thought is to keep the ball and be defensively sound. IMO, If MP wants to be successful at Saints, he needs to put his arm round SB's shoulder, make him feel loved and build a team around him as he's the only player we have who is capable of winning us a game.

He was out with a serious injury for a 1/4 of last season and then the rest of it he pretty much spent on the bench, so yeah, about 2 minutes is probably right.

People need to be realistic, if he was the finished package who could control a game (like he did on Saturday when he came on) for 90 minutes every week, then he wouldn't be at us. The only was he will get consistency is by playing week in week out, and yes he will make mistakes.

Had it not been for Boufal's extra bit of quality, it's very possible we wouldn't have made a cup final (goal against Sunderland) and wouldn't have finished 8th (goal against Middlesbrough at home), so to say he's finally taken one of the chances he's been given is unfair.

I feel at bit for Boufal as he's come to us when we have 2 managers who's first thought is to keep the ball and be defensively sound. IMO, If MP wants to be successful at Saints, he needs to put his arm round SB's shoulder, make him feel loved and build a team around him as he's the only player we have who is capable of winning us a game.

Sounds like he has to be given the ‘Arry treatment.

I can see why you'd be concerned, I remember a couple of performances last season where he was woeful (Spurs away?) and the problem with Boufal is that if he is off form, he can really hurt you because he hasn't yet learnt when NOT to showboat.

But I think the fact remains he is the only player we have capable of offering us what Mane did (I'm not saying he will be as good), in that he puts defenders on the back foot, which creates space for others and can also take opponents out of the game with skill (Tadic can also do this but due to his lack of pace normally only to create space for a cross rather than a direct run at goal).

Also, in that season at the club, how many games has he actually started? And how many minutes does he normally get when he comes on? I don't the answer, but I barely remember him playing a full match.

The final bit of footwork before sidestepping the last man on the edge of the box is much more intricate than it appears from the wide-angle camera view. Amazing composure and talent after having already run about 60 yards with the ball.

Yeah absolutely agree with this and thought that was one of the best bits of the whole run. It was really important in shifting the defender's balance, which gave him the space to the right to move in to.

For me, his celebration was completely warranted. People say he doesn't deserve to be given a run if he doesn't show he's worth it, but Redmond and Tadic haven't shown anything for the best part of a year and yet still play week in, week out.

In the past three games, we've scored 3 goals when he's been on the pitch which amounts to about 60 minutes in total, if that. He played the cross which eventually lead to Maya's goal against Stoke, I think he played the pass to Long which resulted in a penalty against Newcastle and now he's scored with a piece of individual brilliance that Redmond and Tadic could absolutely never do. To say he doesn't deserve a chance in this pathetically toothless side is baffling.

The centre of our team is as good as anyone in the league in my opinion. With Van Dijk, Yoshida (or Hoedt), Lemina and Romeu in the middle we absolutely can afford a player who may give the ball away occasionally to sit at the top of that spine. A manager with a set of ******** would've made it happen a long time ago.

What complete & utter pony. “ by some distance the most talented player at the club”. Behave yourself. He’s not anywhere near the player VvD or Lemina are. If other clubs were given a free pick of our players they’d pick Betrand,Cedrick, OR, Gabbi or Tadic over him, every day of the week. It’s real football, not a play station game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, his celebration was completely warranted. People say he doesn't deserve to be given a run if he doesn't show he's worth it, but Redmond and Tadic haven't shown anything for the best part of a year and yet still play week in, week out.

In the past three games, we've scored 3 goals when he's been on the pitch which amounts to about 60 minutes in total, if that. He played the cross which eventually lead to Maya's goal against Stoke, I think he played the pass to Long which resulted in a penalty against Newcastle and now he's scored with a piece of individual brilliance that Redmond and Tadic could absolutely never do. To say he doesn't deserve a chance in this pathetically toothless side is baffling.

The centre of our team is as good as anyone in the league in my opinion. With Van Dijk, Yoshida (or Hoedt), Lemina and Romeu in the middle we absolutely can afford a player who may give the ball away occasionally to sit at the top of that spine. A manager with a set of ******** would've made it happen a long time ago.

Plus he put Austin through at the end who hit the post and probably would have scored it if he wasn't rusty as well.

IMO we look more likely to score a goal with Boufal on the pitch then we do with Redmond or Tadic. Plus I'm more confident of him scoring a change than those two when it comes his way.

Tadic misses some of our best chances week in week out. The dive to get buy a penalty from Foster being a great example where he should have scored.

The trouble is, the two games he has started (Wolves & Watford) he was poor, and we lost them both (not saying it was all his fault, but it is a fact).

The boy has talent, and brings something different - one of the few players we have who can drop a should and beat a man (or eight).

I want him demanding to be picked, and then delivering when he is. I agree if he doesn't start after Saturday , when his tail should really be up, then MP really has got question marks over him.

For the moment, I'm still in the Gaston #2 club.

Count how many players he beat, from first turning with the ball, and including the last two defenders and the keeper......eight I make it!

Some would argue that turning like that, midway in your own half, to beat two players is a very high risk strategy, that could cost you losing possession in a key position. Id hazard a guess that plenty of managers wouldn't be overly happy with that gamble.

Some would argue that turning like that, midway in your own half, to beat two players is a very high risk strategy, that could cost you losing possession in a key position. Id hazard a guess that plenty of managers wouldn't be overly happy with that gamble.

Thinking like that is what ruins flair players like Boufal.

It is how Mourinho completely ruined Joe Cole at Chelsea and just turned him into a fairly generic wide player. As young player Joe Cole used to beat people for fun, but slowly had that enthusiasm and creativity drilled out of him.

Every team, especially one like ours that consistently has two DMs can allow a player like Boufal to take some risks with little problem IMO.

And someone above mentioned Harry Redknapp, but despite his failings he did generally manage to get the best out of players like Boufal, if you think back to players like Taarabt, Prosinecki and Kranjcar.

More recently Puel got the best out of Ben Arfa at Nice whilst still remaining solid and hard to beat.

The trouble is, the two games he has started (Wolves & Watford) he was poor, and we lost them both (not saying it was all his fault, but it is a fact).

The boy has talent, and brings something different - one of the few players we have who can drop a should and beat a man (or eight).

I want him demanding to be picked, and then delivering when he is. I agree if he doesn't start after Saturday , when his tail should really be up, then MP really has got question marks over him.

For the moment, I'm still in the Gaston #2 club.

Everyone was shocking against Wolves and MP just sat there like a frightened rabbit. How many games has Boufal had in central position rather than stuck out wide where he is ineffectual? How many games has he been given a run in side like Tadic and Redmond? The former last having a good game?

Boufal gets an odd 15 mins where he is expected to pick up the pace of a game and change it.

Silly me ...there was i on Saturday night all elated thinking that Saints had won 3 precious points and that I had witnessed one of the best individual goals from a Saints player in 50 years of supporting them. I now realise that it was all a sham, that Boufal was just being a selfish brat and that he had put at risk the hard earned point we had in our grasp.

I won't get fooled again, no more hoping for entertainment and excitement when watching Saints, I will learn to love the back pass and may even raise a boo when I see anyone attempting to beat an opponent.

Boufal is not the messiah , he is just a very naughty boy.

Everyone was shocking against Wolves and MP just sat there like a frightened rabbit. How many games has Boufal had in central position rather than stuck out wide where he is ineffectual? How many games has he been given a run in side like Tadic and Redmond? The former last having a good game?

Boufal gets an odd 15 mins where he is expected to pick up the pace of a game and change it.

That's the nature of football most managers have favourites or players they trust (not always the most talented player either) who get in the team if you want to break into that team you have to take the chances you are offered. If that is 15 minutes at the end of the game or an unglamorous cup tie against lower league opposition so be it and the truth is Boufal hasn't particularly shined when given those opportunities. Saturday he did and off the back of that performance he should get a run out but it's now up to him to build on it and convince the manager he deserves to be in the team week in week out. Personally I still have my doubts he can do it for 90 minutes rather than in the last few minutes against knackered opposition but it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Silly me ...there was i on Saturday night all elated thinking that Saints had won 3 precious points and that I had witnessed one of the best individual goals from a Saints player in 50 years of supporting them. I now realise that it was all a sham, that Boufal was just being a selfish brat and that he had put at risk the hard earned point we had in our grasp.

I won't get fooled again, no more hoping for entertainment and excitement when watching Saints, I will learn to love the back pass and may even raise a boo when I see anyone attempting to beat an opponent.

Boufal is not the messiah , he is just a very naughty boy.

I'm with Ozzy. Come on, Ewell, are you seriously recommending a low risk strategy of constant passing back to Forster or the central defenders, rather than using your skill to make something positive happen? I applaud him for moving us forward. Man City players go forward. Saints players are being coached to go sideways and backwards. He went off-topic and scored us a worldie. I hope he tries something like that more often.

He's never started a good run of games. Ridiculous for any player of that price and down to 2 extremely cautious managers.

other players start 10 games and do little or nothing so crazy he hasn't. his response has been to get fitter and stronger by the look of it. we're a dire attacking team and have a really talented attacking player who doesn't start. even when off form he's more interesting to watch than half our attackers.

He had two lengthy injuries under Puel, so was never able to get into groove. This year he’s had a full preseason under his belt and looks noticeably stronger.

Redmond, Tadic, Davis, JWP will not score goals or even control games as their only aim in life is to unload the responsibility to someone else, hence the rabbit in the headlights reaction when in sight of goal. Boufal is a luxury we can afford because of a solid back four and Romeu/Lamina. Play Boufal plus at least two strikers or even all three and at the most only one of the others. It has to be better attack wise than where we are at the moment. I was impressed by the boy's composure after a lung bursting 50 yards and finishing in the only place he could without being blocked.

Ok I'm sold at the moment and open to see whether he can give us that extra dimension that the others never will. The over cautious MP probably will not as he won't get his 60 meaningless passes out of Boufal.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-reveals-southampton-turned-three-clubs-keep-weekend-hero-club/

he didn’t start August as a first-team player, and we had clubs like Inter Milan, Celta Vigo and Fiorentina, clubs who know what they’re doing when it comes to signing players, who wanted him at all costs.

Southampton said no, even if they weren’t playing him, and over the past three games, Sofiane is showing that he’s the one who’s winning them points

Interesting from Boufals agent

I fully expect Boufal to be on the bench against Brighton....I would not agree with this decision because having grown up with the privilege of watching MLT every week i believe we potentially have another genius on our hands if the manager has the balls to play him.

MLT was a luxury player that some weeks you found so frustrating because nothing he tried came off and he was not the hardest working of players but when it clicked oh my god the lad was a genius. Alan Ball had it right when he managed us and you could here him shouting "give it to Matt, give it to Matt" He knew the lad could in a flash turn a game on it's head.

In Boufal i think we have another luxury type player who has the ability to turn games on there head and will occasionally frustrate. The manager needs to grow a pair and give him a run.

I'm with Ozzy. Come on, Ewell, are you seriously recommending a low risk strategy of constant passing back to Forster or the central defenders, rather than using your skill to make something positive happen? I applaud him for moving us forward. Man City players go forward. Saints players are being coached to go sideways and backwards. He went off-topic and scored us a worldie. I hope he tries something like that more often.

For Ewell see Puel!

All this because of one goal against a tiring and poor side? Didn’t Ramirez score a similar goal for Boro last season? What he shows is that he is fearless which the whole squad need to learn from. Playing fearlessly going forward is what the best teams do. Saints need to lose the possession football priority and tell players to attack looking to play forward and shoot on sight. IMHO

I fully expect Boufal to be on the bench against Brighton....I would not agree with this decision because having grown up with the privilege of watching MLT every week i believe we potentially have another genius on our hands if the manager has the balls to play him.

MLT was a luxury player that some weeks you found so frustrating because nothing he tried came off and he was not the hardest working of players but when it clicked oh my god the lad was a genius. Alan Ball had it right when he managed us and you could here him shouting "give it to Matt, give it to Matt" He knew the lad could in a flash turn a game on it's head.

In Boufal i think we have another luxury type player who has the ability to turn games on there head and will occasionally frustrate. The manager needs to grow a pair and give him a run.

You’re not serious are you,genius?.???

There’s absolutely no comparison. Matt hit the ground running when first given his chance. All this genius versus hard work stuff only came later on, after Chris N really. One league goal & some of you want to give him a free pass, and he’s a “luxury player”. I doubt Jimmy Case gave Matt a free pass after 1 ****ing league goal.

If he wants to mince around not doing his share of the dirty work, wants to be a luxury player (whatever that is), then he should **** off to Arsenal.

ONE goal ffs.

I think it's wrong to say Boufal is a 'luxury' player who doesn't put a shift in. He does, I've seen him tracking back and winning the ball in defensive areas. For me, the RISK of including Boufal in the team is more that he is liable to give the ball away in dangerous areas or at an important time.

Against Newcastle I thought his overall impact was good, BUT there were times when you thought "not there! get on with it!" and knowing when/where to pull out his tricks rather than direct running or making a pass seems to be the key thing he needs to work on.

Having said that, he wouldn't have scored that amazing goal if he had "done the right thing" at the edge of his own box... :rolleyes:

Edited by mrfahaji

All this because of one goal against a tiring and poor side? Didn’t Ramirez score a similar goal for Boro last season? What he shows is that he is fearless which the whole squad need to learn from. Playing fearlessly going forward is what the best teams do. Saints need to lose the possession football priority and tell players to attack looking to play forward and shoot on sight. IMHO

TBF we were more attacking against West Brom on Saturday than we have been recently (though that might have because the WBA players refused to cross the halfway line in any numbers for most of the game) and we should have been at least two goals up before Boufal ever came on the pitch we had several good chances but as usual showed a total lack of ability to actually put it in the net.

I think it's wrong to Boufal is a 'luxury' player who doesn't put a shift in. He does, I've seen him tracking back and winning the ball in defensive areas. For me, the RISK of including of including Boufal in the team is more that he is liable to give the ball away in dangerous areas or at an important time.

Against Newcastle I thought his overall impact was good, BUT there were times when you thought "not there! get on with it!" and knowing when/where to pull out his tricks rather than direct running or making a pass seems to be the key thing he needs to work on.

Having said that, he wouldn't have scored that amazing goal if he had "done the right thing" at the edge of his own box... :rolleyes:

If the last season and a bit has shown us anything it's that we are missing that player who will take risks , Is direct and unpredictable . To be able to learn when to do what in this league you need game time and for those still saying "its only 1 goal" his other 2 were pretty special too !

I can tolerate him losing the ball or making wrong decisions in trying to win games for moments like Saturday when he turns a 0-0 into a win; he's the only player in the squad other than Gabbiadini who can do that in my opinion. He came over injured, didn't have a preseason and perhaps we will see a much more consistent player this year.

Having said that, I don't think that Pellegrino will as he strikes me as a conservative manager who won't take that risk until the last ten minutes like he has the past nine or so games.

Yep 100%

I think it's wrong to say Boufal is a 'luxury' player who doesn't put a shift in. He does, I've seen him tracking back and winning the ball in defensive areas. For me, the RISK of including Boufal in the team is more that he is liable to give the ball away in dangerous areas or at an important time.

Agree - claims that he doesn’t work hard or track back are ignorant, based on a lazy projection or caricature of what ‘luxury’ players do (or don’t do).

As you say Boufal’s biggest problem is his understanding of percentages: attempting a bit of magic and losing possession in the final third is harmless; it’s a bigger issue, however, when the supporting fullback has made an overlapping run who you refuse to release, instead losing the ball and leaving acres of space in behind; nor is it wise to try to beat a man in the middle third if you’re outnumbered in that part of the pitch.

Whether Boufal would change his game if he had the security of first team place is a more interesting question. I think he would. He is a naturally selfish player (which can be a good thing); but it does mean he can be quite antsy when he comes on as if he has a point to prove or needs to make something happen. It doesn’t help that subs are often asked to manage a game or execute specific instructions which requires a certain level of maturity and discipline. Regardless of talent, some players are better at this than others.

Edited by shurlock

You’re not serious are you,genius?.???

There’s absolutely no comparison. Matt hit the ground running when first given his chance. All this genius versus hard work stuff only came later on, after Chris N really. One league goal & some of you want to give him a free pass, and he’s a “luxury player”. I doubt Jimmy Case gave Matt a free pass after 1 ****ing league goal.

If he wants to mince around not doing his share of the dirty work, wants to be a luxury player (whatever that is), then he should **** off to Arsenal.

ONE goal ffs.

Would you actually pick him for next game? Or is your pride and ignorance going to keep you peddling this stereotype of lazy foreigner just like Gaston line.

You don’t sit in Kingsland and yell ‘get if forward’ ten times every game by any chance? The sort that cannot be embarrassed by exposing themselves for not really understanding the game God love ‘em.

He has to be played through the middle, not out wide hugging the touchline.

His amazing footwork will draw fouls from defenders in dangerous positions. He has an eye for a good pass as well as a good shot and does track back more than is given credit for.

Who knows, a spell on the bench for Tadic and or Redmond might make them come back with a point to prove and up their game ........!!

It's great having somebody like him on the pitch who gets the pulse racing a bit in expectation that something exciting might actually happen on the pitch.

Would you actually pick him for next game? Or is your pride and ignorance going to keep you peddling this stereotype of lazy foreigner just like Gaston line.

What a load of pony. What’s pride got to do with anything and what on earths ignorant about wanting a guy to preform before being picked. I will summarise my opinion on this so you no longer need to twist what I’ve written in the past.

Boufal had done nothing in a Southampton shirt to justify a starting place. He scored a fantastic goal that won us the game. He therefore deserves a start on Sunday. I do not expect him to produce magic like that every week. However, I do expect him to work for the team, do as he’s told and give 100% every minute he’s on the pitch. There are times in the past when it looked to me that he chucked the towel in when things were going against him. If he’s grown out of that, great. If he hasn’t, he can **** off. It’s laughable the gushing praise he seems to get from certain quarters on here, with absolutely no justification at all.

Personally, i think he’s been just like Gaston & I think he will end up just like Gaston. Hopefully I’m proved wrong, but I haven’t been yet. One goal, however good, doesn’t make up for his appalling time at the club, so far.

What a load of pony. What’s pride got to do with anything and what on earths ignorant about wanting a guy to preform before being picked. I will summarise my opinion on this so you no longer need to twist what I’ve written in the past.

Boufal had done nothing in a Southampton shirt to justify a starting place. He scored a fantastic goal that won us the game. He therefore deserves a start on Sunday. I do not expect him to produce magic like that every week. However, I do expect him to work for the team, do as he’s told and give 100% every minute he’s on the pitch. There are times in the past when it looked to me that he chucked the towel in when things were going against him. If he’s grown out of that, great. If he hasn’t, he can **** off. It’s laughable the gushing praise he seems to get from certain quarters on here, with absolutely no justification at all.

Personally, i think he’s been just like Gaston & I think he will end up just like Gaston. Hopefully I’m proved wrong, but I haven’t been yet. One goal, however good, doesn’t make up for his appalling time at the club, so far.

I could understand this trail of thought if our wingers had been setting the world alight, but they haven't... In fact they've been dreadful (especially Redmond, who offers pretty much nothing).

Also, I don't know how many of our games you actually get to watch live, but Boufal does work for the team - If you actually watch, he tracks back and follows his man a lot more than Tadic does.

Blimey, I think that statement can refer to 90% of the squad.

Do you think Redmonds form justifies the amount of starts he's had?.

I have a sneaky suspicion that managers and fans don't always look for the same things when deciding who gets in a first 11.

If Redmond gets picked constantly you can bet the manager feels he has good reason even if we don't agree. The fact that two managers have favoured Redmond over Boufal suggests there is probably more going in terms of training, attitude or ability to follow the managers instructions that we don't get to see.

And Redmond's form hasn't even been as bad as people are making out ( certainly no worse than the rest of the forward line). Redmond has reached full Guly de Prado mode now he could score a hatrick and get three assists in a game and still get slagged off for being ****

Having said all that imo Boufal has earned a chance at a start to show what he can do for a full 90.

I have a sneaky suspicion that managers and fans don't always look for the same things when deciding who gets in a first 11.

If Redmond gets picked constantly you can bet the manager feels he has good reason even if we don't agree. The fact that two managers have favoured Redmond over Boufal suggests there is probably more going in terms of training, attitude or ability to follow the managers instructions that we don't get to see.

And Redmond's form hasn't even been as bad as people are making out ( certainly no worse than the rest of the forward line). Redmond has reached full Guly de Prado mode now he could score a hatrick and get three assists in a game and still get slagged off for being ****

Having said all that imo Boufal has earned a chance at a start to show what he can do for a full 90.

Redmond gets picked constantly by the last 2 managers because they both have a very defensive, keep the ball at all costs philosophy.

As for Redmond reaching Guly mode, that's just utter nonsense. The bloke offers us very little. A key attribute of his is his pace and ability to beat a man, he doesn't do any of this (is this the managers fault or the players? I don't know?), people want him to do well, but he fails to produce time and time again.

I can understand why many are frustrated with Redmond, he's pretty much had a full season and a start to the next to find form and he just doesn't look up to the level, unfortunately.

I find yours and Duckhunters argument completely flawed. You moan that Boufal has no consistency yet seem to advocate playing Redmond ahead of him, even though he's been given chance after chance with very little to show from it.

Redmond and Tadic both suffer from being predominately one footed and playing on their wrong side. The only reason to play a player on the wrong side is to allow a strong shot tracking across the penalty area as Gabbiadini did against Newcastle. As neither Redmond or Tadic do this there is little point in playing them on their wrong side.

They will only take on the defender on their good foot so in my opinion Tadic should be on the left and Redmond on the right if we are to get the best out of them.

Redmonds last 20 games -

:rolleyes: Started in 17

:rolleyes: Scored once

:rolleyes: Assists 2

:rolleyes: Average moan per game 15

Quality...............lmao.........tell you what else,Bertrand and Redmond dont seem to enjoy playing together anymore or is that just me seeing things differently

What is your average moan per day of your time on this forum? Pretty much every single one of your posts is negative drivel moaning about something regarding the club! Cheer up ffs and stop trolling! :mcinnes: :rolleyes:

Its constant, but as he actually enjoys it we cannot class it as moaning more an expression of his happiness

Redmond gets picked constantly by the last 2 managers because they both have a very defensive, keep the ball at all costs philosophy.

As for Redmond reaching Guly mode, that's just utter nonsense. The bloke offers us very little. A key attribute of his is his pace and ability to beat a man, he doesn't do any of this (is this the managers fault or the players? I don't know?), people want him to do well, but he fails to produce time and time again.

I can understand why many are frustrated with Redmond, he's pretty much had a full season and a start to the next to find form and he just doesn't look up to the level, unfortunately.

I find yours and Duckhunters argument completely flawed. You moan that Boufal has no consistency yet seem to advocate playing Redmond ahead of him, even though he's been given chance after chance with very little to show from it.

What part of Boufal deserves a chance is me advocating starting Redmond ahead if Boufal?

Secondly I get furstrated by Redmond as much as any one at games when he runs at people he causes problems but to often he turns back and looks for a safe pass. This myth though that has grown up that he offers nothing is just patent rubbish. He was our top scorer in the league last season and has more assists this season than other saints player ( and if tadic could finish he should have a couple more over the last couple of games) and more than Boufal has managed in 29 games.

I'm not suggesting Redmond is a world beater but he is certainly no worse than the rest of forward line. I don't give a crap if he is on the bench while Boufal starts but I do find this constant need for people to try and make out he is a far worse player than he is bizarre and in the respect he is very much in full Guly mode.