Boufal

spyinthesky

Looked lively at Swansea and again today in an overall abject performance

Sods Law the knock he took today will keep him out for a while and this will add to our growing problems

He's wasted out on the wing IMO. We need to get him central and nearer Gabbi. Hope it's a minor knock.

Loved to be proved wrong but I felt he faked his injury as he lost the will to play in a **** team.

It did look like a bit of a twist of his ankle when his foot was planted and he signalled to the bench straight away. Suppose you can never really know with footballers these days, most of them are top class actors

Had some good touches today but really needs to track back more and understand he needs to get stuck in a bit more in this league,bottled a 50/50 in the first half on the kingsland touchline which lead to a dangerous West Ham attack.

Edited by bpsaint
auto correct

It did look like a bit of a twist of his ankle when his foot was planted and he signalled to the bench straight away. Suppose you can never really know with footballers these days, most of them are top class actors

Signaling the bench straight away without running it off is a weak sign.

Virgil battled to the very end until he could not physically carry on.

Different breed of fish the two of them.

Edited by Pilchards

Played excellently in the number 10 role against Swansea so of course our brilliantly clever manager sticks him out on the wing in the next match. Completely sums up Puel for me.

Yep .... and Long back amongst the goals gets rewarded with the subs bench.

No consistency or rhyme or reason to line ups. Beginning to believe The Bingo Ball Theory for picking the team :rolleyes:

He can beat a man for fun - problem is he can't seem to release a pass or get away from the player after. So they get back and he has to beat them again until they muscle him off the ball. As someone already said - whilst his control and skill is up there with the Hazards and Sanchez - he doesn't have their strength, nor pace. If he is going to make it then he needs to get stronger and pass earlier. Promising though - I'd like to see more desire from him to change a game as he can do it, not sure mentally he is there (or will ever be). Worrying injury record as well.

Astounding the amount of people who don't rate him, he's ridiculously talented

Yep, I remember Arsenal in efl away he was out wide and somehow made 4 arsenal players look stupid as he turned them inside out with amazing close control, if he could sort out as others have mentioned we could have a genuine class talent on our books, mmm but then he'd get sold for 40m

We need to play him in a ten role I'd build the team around him in the summer if I had my way. Play two decent holding DMs behind him and Redmond, the new Italian and Sims/Long/Tadic in front of him in a three.

Yep. Annoying thing is we aren't THAT far away from a decent team, but we've got no chance of achieving that with the current clueless regime in charge.

We need to play him in a ten role I'd build the team around him in the summer if I had my way. Play two decent holding DMs behind him and Redmond, the new Italian and Sims/Long/Tadic in front of him in a three.

Can't disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Annoying thing is we aren't THAT far away from a decent team, but we've got no chance of achieving that with the current clueless regime in charge.

This.

The system needs to change, and we need to build those attacking options in front of a solid defence....(Cedric NEW VVD Bertrand; Romeu NEW) Stick this alongside a high intensity system, we'd be a decent side.

The clueless regime that put in place the 'not that far away from being a decent team' that is currently ravaged by the loss of it's best goalscorer, captain/defender and now most creative midfielder? :mcinnes:

Edited by dronskisaint

The thing I like most about this guy is his desire and ability to win the ball back when he loses it. Loves to chase a man down and put in a tackle.

Yes,much like Dimitri Payet. What's the point of these talented players when you could pick 10 donkeys who will run all day and track back like maniacs for a bag of carrots!

Yes, seems obvious. A decent athletic, physical DM to go with Romeu, sort the CB situation out and we have a very decent team.

He was holding his knee when with the physios on the pitch.

Shortly prior to that, having lain on the ground for a short while looking for a foul, he then chased back and made the best tackle I have seen this season. While he can lose the ball quite often, he gets it back off people quite a lot too. Just imagine, when he doesn't lose it quite so much, wins it off people even more, he will be phenomenal. As it is at the present, he is good to watch. A little frustrating how he sometimes takes a touch too many. At least he has the arrogance to think he can beat everyone, and he has the quick feet to do so.

I'm definitely a fan of his.

For all those who say he played in the no.10 position against Swansea, he didn't. He played largely on the left with licence to roam inside.

I didn't see that game (well I had Solent but that's not the same). I just think he can make stuff happen if he gets on the ball so where on the pitch is he likely to get the ball more stuck out wide or tucked in behind the striker?

I didn't see that game (well I had Solent but that's not the same). I just think he can make stuff happen if he gets on the ball so where on the pitch is he likely to get the ball more stuck out wide or tucked in behind the striker?

Agree I'd like to see him in positions where he can impact the game -and that's more central. The problem is we don't play a no.10 in Puel's system, though it's expected that the front three will interchange and the positions Jrod and Boufal occupied yesterday are relatively tucked in with the fullbacks providing the genuine width.

Note we didn't play a no.10 in Koeman's 4-2-3-1 either. However, that was more out of choice than due to the system as we tended to play Davis in the middle of the three behind Pelle to give us more shape and discipline.

Edited by shurlock

Agree I'd like to see him in positions where he can impact the game. The problem is we don't play a no.10 in Puel's system. That was also the case under Koeman's 4-2-3-1, though was more out of choice than due to the system as we tended to play Davis in the middle of the three to give us more shape and discipline. Under

Yeah if Puel doesn't want to adapt his formation then its a non starter we'd also need to get in some different personnel in summer to make it work. Like I said earlier, if I had my way, I'd build next seasons team around Boufal and get the formation and players to get the best out of him.