Boufal

spyinthesky

People contrasting him with Tadic are deluded. Tadic has been a mainstay of a side that finished 7th, 6th & 8th. He's a proven premier league player.

All this not given a chance is pony. He's had chances, Wolves reserves was one, every time he comes on is another , every day at training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players have peaks and troughs, to keep playing an out of form player just because he played a lot when we finished 8th is ridiculously naive.

There needs to be competition for places. As soon as Tadic starts playing ****e (like he has been for months now) they need dropping and another player given a chance. Boufal needs a run of games, not just a cameo sub appearance or a bloody reserve game against Wolves.

It beggars belief that you can't see that. I think you're letting you frustration over Boufal cloud your judgement. He joined injured and hasn't really had a run of games in the position we supposedly bought him to play in.

What's more, having Tadic on the pitch atm is literally like having 10 men, so why not give Boufal a go?

Also not sure how he can prove he's better than Tadic or Redmond if he gets no chances in games. No manager picks players on training.

How does Harry R prove he's better than Davo, or Matt Targett prove he's better than Bertrand, McQueen , the new polish centre half? How do any of them get in the side. Should we just give them all 7/8 games just to give them a chance.

A new manager comes in, he watches players in training, in pre season games, no doubt he watches videos of last years games, he even gives fringe players a run against a championship reserve side. He comes in with an open mind and picks the best players ( in his opinion) Yet you still claim he hasn't had a chance. What do you think, the manager is told he must play Redmond & Tadic or do you think that despite all their failings, he feels they're still a better bet than Boufal?

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Players have peaks and troughs, to keep playing an out of form player just because he played a lot when we finished 8th is ridiculously naive.

There needs to be competition for places. As soon as Tadic starts playing ****e (like he has been for months now) they need dropping and another player given a chance. Boufal needs a run of games, not just a cameo sub appearance or a bloody reserve game against Wolves.

It beggars belief that you can't see that. I think you're letting you frustration over Boufal cloud your judgement. He joined injured and hasn't really had a run of games in the position we supposedly bought him to play in.

What's more, having Tadic on the pitch atm is literally like having 10 men, so why not give Boufal a go?

In summary,

Tadic is not playing well so stop selecting him for matches because he's only going to continue to be rubbish.

Boufal is also not playing well but please start selecting him for more matches because then he will turn out to be brilliant.

How does Harry R prove he's better than Davo, or Matt Targett prove he's better than Bertrand, McQueen , the new polish centre half? How do any of them get in the side. Should we just give them all 7/8 games just to give them a chance.

A new manager comes in, he watches players in training, in pre season games, no doubt he watches videos of last years games, he even gives fringe players a run against a championship reserve side. He comes in with an open mind and picks the best players ( in his opinion) Yet you still claim he hasn't had a chance. What do you think, the manager is told he must play Redmond & Tadic or do you think that despite all their failings, he feels they're still a better bet than Boufal?

So you can't conceive of any reason why a player who arrived at the end of the window, carrying and injury, and who was never given the benefit of a guaranteed few starts to play himself in, might not be showing his best in the odd substitute appearance and low intensity cup match? Equally, you can't think why a manager of a team with quite a fragile backbone might deliberately pick 'senior' players who have done okay under predecessors in order to play percentages and reduce the risk of being perceived as failing early in his new job? Then again, you insist on calling him 'Davo', so you're not really likely to provide much in the way of nuanced, thoughtful analysis, are you?

Fixed it.
Well, we've played in four matches and he's featured in two. Maybe if he's applied himself against a Championship team's reserve side he'd be in better contention for the first team, maybe have forced himself into the first eleven that weekend.

Top class footballers see their chances and take them.

He was INJURED for much of the season in 2016/17.

He is fully fit, and with us not scoring in three out of the four games we played (yes, one of them he started, but it was the reserve team and it doesn't really count), he merits a starting place.

I do understand why people have reservations about him, and he has much to learn. He remind me of Lallana a little bit when he was younger - always trying one too many stepover. He has all the attributes to be a top player, and he at the perfect club, but it is up to him to realise those ambitions. I really, really, really hope he does it, because we will benefit on the field. But there is only so much the club and the management staff can do, and he needs to take responsibility.

If Pellegrino had promised him playing time, and he hasn't had it, then perhaps one can understand his disappointment. But Pellegrino isn't stupid, and there must be a valid reason for him not playing. Therefore, instead of blaming others, Boufal needs to work harder on the training ground, and when the opportunity arrives where he is given playing time, he must take it.

He can be our most exciting player, he can be the one that unlocks a stubborn defence that parks the bus for ninety minutes (and is seemingly our Achilles' heel) but he has to want it, and he has to motivate himself, rather than having a hissy fit and running away to another country.

Some people are too quick to judge in my opinion. Once Boufal gets a run of games he will show his ability. His skills and ability are out of this world and he will rip up opposition defences. Hopefully he starts next Saturday.

They certainly have been since he joined us.

I know his reputation, but other than Sunderland (EFL), and a good shot against Boro, there has been little to justify this.

On top of being unable to play for the team, he's temperamentally flawed - I think he got something like four red cards in his last season for Lille.

Far from convinced this investment in the new Adel Taarabt is going to pay off.

I think QPR fans used to make the same statements as above about him.

Someone on here threw that name at us when we signed him (might have been you) and I thought 'hope not', but it does seem we are blighted with 'fancy Dan's'/show ponies in not recapturing their form or living up to their reputations on joining.

Understatement of the year, he is truly woeful in front of goal and has directly cost us points because if that. Not to mention IMO he slows down play too much.

Nor am I particularly bothered about Boufal's defensive work, forcing a player to defend too much is how Mourinho ruined Joe Cole. We have a strong defence and play two DMs so I think we can carry an attacker if he brings something different. He's got to be understandably unhappy sitting on the bench watching our attack huff and puff.

Also not sure how he can prove he's better than Tadic or Redmond if he gets no chances in games. No manager picks players on training.

This,this,this and this.

Not to knock Boufal necessarily, but who's the last player to actually 'come good' after we all used the phrase?

It might be true that he'd benefit from games, but he won't get picked until he impresses in training and/or as a substitute, which is exactly how it should be. If Tadic continues to be ineffectual he might drop out but not after a couple of games.

Edited by DuncanRG

In summary,

Tadic is not playing well so stop selecting him for matches because he's only going to continue to be rubbish.

Boufal is also not playing well but please start selecting him for more matches because then he will turn out to be brilliant.

No ffs. What is it with people on this forum?

Boufal has shown flashes of what he can do, given a run of games I think he could be a good player for us.

Tadic is playing **** but still getting selected because there's no competition for his place. The sooner he's dropped for a few games the sooner he may give himself a kick up the arse.

Also, Boufal keeps getting stuck out wide, he's a #10. Play him in his best position!

Not to knock Boufal necessarily, but who's the last player to actually 'come good' after we all used the phrase?

It might be true that he'd benefit from games, but he won't get picked until he impresses in training and/or as a substitute, which is exactly how it should be. If Tadic continues to be ineffectual he might drop out but not after a couple of games.

Mané had a bit of a difficult start I believe.

if we could just get either Tadic or Boufal going on all cylinders, i feel like it would make the difference between a 13th place finish and a 7th place finish.

so frustrating because you see flashes and you know they should have it in them. we need consistency more than anything.

No ffs. What is it with people on this forum?

Boufal has shown flashes of what he can do, given a run of games I think he could be a good player for us.

Tadic is playing **** but still getting selected because there's no competition for his place. The sooner he's dropped for a few games the sooner he may give himself a kick up the arse.

Also, Boufal keeps getting stuck out wide, he's a #10. Play him in his best position!

No point arguing with Fry mate, he is pure troll in chief on here.

I agree with you, Boufal looks to be our best creative player and we should be using him.

Tadic has been gash for 6 months and should just be dropped.

No point arguing with Fry mate, he is pure troll in chief on here.

I agree with you, Boufal looks to be our best creative player and we should be using him.

Tadic has been gash for 6 months and should just be dropped.

Cheers for the heads up mate. :lol:

This is what I was hoping might happen, Gabbi infront of a creative Boufal, playing him in. Boufal will have to start looking up more though, rather than worrying what his feet are doing.

Find it odd Redmond got such a long run right away. Both work fairly hard, have skill but basically erratic in form.

People seem to think it's all defence of Boufal but it's purely wanting to find out whether he can do something for us. Same for any player, you need a good number of consecutive starts to find out

This. Hard to justify sticking him when others are playing well, in case it's a risk that backfires. But hard to see what he could do worse than either Tadic or Redmond in the last game. I'd rather replace Redmond with Boufal as they are more similar.

I don't think he's going to cut it, I really don't. Obviously has skill and can beat a man but more is required to succeed at this level like knowing when to pass and being able to compete physically.

If you look at an average Ligue 1 day you'll see that every side has at least 1 Boufal like player, Newcastle bought a shedload of them and now they're all back playing in Marseille, Troyes at St Etienne. They flatter to deceive because while it looks like Roy of the Rovers stuff on occasions, there is virtually no end product to it.

In a season and a bit he just never seems to operate in dangerous areas. He doesn't do enough off the ball to find space and doesn't show enough urgency on it.

Agreed, but why don't we ever let him play centrally? He's always shunted out on the wing when he'd be much better behind the striker IMO.

Was far from the worst player today, actually took on and got past his man a few times. Redmond a much worse offender constantly turning backwards (even when beyond the fullback ffs???).

Redmond ain't going to cut it either. Not as a genuine top level player anyway.

I actually thought he did ok today, not great but certainly not as bad as others. He does always have a few "full Boufal" moments, but besides that it wasn't bad. I think he should focus more on distributing and assists than on trying to score. He made a nice move today and had Cedric wide open, but instead blasted a shot into the upper deck.

Come on, lets be honest and not mess with words - the whole midfield except Romeu needs replacing.
Yep 100% agree but we can't do that as no bugger would want them.

The academy is the same in every age group small technical very good battered most weeks against physical sides.

Watford paid £5m for Chalobah.....pace, power gets about the pitch made Davis and JWP look like snails.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Play Boufal as a number 10 only.

How does someone scuff a shot so badly like he did?

I've been playing football for 20 years and not once could I miss it so badly.

What the **** are we teaching them in training?

Come on Pilch one. I know it's been an emotional day and it WAS a one 1star AWFUL shot but we've all shanked them in our time.

For all the Boufalettes calling for 10 games in a row . One down, nine to go. I'm sure he'll come good in the end, "he clearly has talent"

Your "I told you so" style posts really are incredibly tiresome. However, I agree he wasn't very good today but at least there's a chance he might beat a man or do something to get a move going as opposed to Davis who can only pass sideways or backwards.

Your "I told you so" style posts really are incredibly tiresome. However, I agree he wasn't very good today but at least there's a chance he might beat a man or do something to get a move going as opposed to Davis who can only pass sideways or backwards.

9 more games to go.

The one time we actually got the ball to him in an advanced position he skinned the full back and cut the ball back across the box.

He, Tadic and Redmond are all to some extent a victim of us not complimenting them with someone who plays more directly. All three of them want to work the ball and receive to feet. So whichever way we attack through them, we end up not being goal side of the opposition. I'd like to see Boufal central, Tadic or Redmond on one side and Long or Sims on the other (ideally I'd be talking about a new signing instead).