Boufal

spyinthesky

Class act. Exactly what we cry out for in most games - creativity and moments of quality. Yes, he will lose the ball some times and frustrate - but he tries things - you have to win games of Football, not play on your knees. Boufal is everything the likes of Redmond, Tadic, Ward-Prowse etc will never be.

Who's the blokey who said he shouldn't even be given a chance? Doddisalegend? Good shout.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Nah it’s Lord Duckhunter.

No doubt, he’ll be doubling down on his position and calling this Boufal’s Villa moment in memory of Gaston who supposedly spent four years, dining out on his one good game for us.

Edited by shurlock

Pellegrino somewhat playing down the Boufal hype afterwards, which I fimd intriguing.

Talking about the physicality of English football and that you can lose a game with any action so the time needs to be right to have someone like Boufal on the pitch.

Certainly didn't sound like he is a definite starter at Brighton.

That central role is his best position by a mile. Similarly, I thought Tadic was very good today as well.

Wheres all the boufal is rubbish idiots tonight?? just because a player isnt selected doesnt mean hes not a talent :)

Equally, one brilliant goal doesn't give you a free pass. Cuco Martina , anyone?

He's earnt himself a start, let's see how he does the next 3 or 4 games before hailing him as a great talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Equally, one brilliant goal doesn't give you a free pass. Cuco Martina , anyone?

He's earnt himself a start, let's see how he does the next 3 or 4 games before hailing him as a great talent.

He's not being hailed as a great talent but he's been way more deserving of an extended run than someone like redmond.

You'd have to be blind not to see that he is talented. Or stupid. The comparison with Martina is ludicrous.

He may be inconsistent, but you don’t score goals like that if you’re not a great talent....

Cuco’s goal as good as it was, was a hit an hope. That goal today took genuine skill and ability, if It’d been scored by messi everyone would have gone wild.

depends IF he starts where he is played. If stuck out wide it’s willing him to fail in so far as hurting the opposition in the right areas. He has to play in that No. 10 role.

He's right, he could. But equally, he could win us the game. And at the moment, that's what we're missing.

Spot on, he’s a must if you ask me.

He actually offers more defensively than Tadic and Redmond as well

Fair play, that was a cracking individual goal. Let's hope he can follow it up with some more decent performances.

This, this, and this again in spades. Until today he'd done absolutely nothing to merit a run in the side. If he plays and does **** all for 3 games, he'll deserved to be dropped .

I feel that if he wants to progress he is going to have to step up and be a leader. For the first season he was happy to shun that role and just try a bunch of skills knowing it didn't really matter as there where others more in the limelight.

This game and the last he has been good when he came on and looked way more complete.

Hopefully he is going to be he AMC spark we have been crying out.

We will have a dilemma though - with the diamond (The Puel Diamond) we lack width, without (still in a 4-4-2) we are too open. Maybe Boufal can be the solution to the 4-4-2 diamond, which he was signed to play in & we signed a manager who specifically played with a diamond to get the best out of.

Boufal came here after a brilliant season in france.

Puel absolutely killed his confidence and hopefully Pellegrino can rebuild him from the ashes.

Positive signs so far, seems stronger, quicker and more direct than under Puel.

Now needs a run of games and some TLC from the boss and team and fans

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Southampton_1_-_0_West_Brom_2017_10_21

"And Lemina's done well to get away from Nyom and off he goes... Gabbiadini ahead of him.. He might go all the way here Lemina, it's some run... Still Lemina! Look at that! OH What a goal!! That is absolutely sensational from Boufal!" :lol:

Haha, in my ecstasy of celebrating I totally forgot about the build up with the commentator calling him Lemina...!

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Southampton_1_-_0_West_Brom_2017_10_21

"And Lemina's done well to get away from Nyom and off he goes... Gabbiadini ahead of him.. He might go all the way here Lemina, it's some run... Still Lemina! Look at that! OH What a goal!! That is absolutely sensational from Boufal!" :lol:

I thought he said that, but assumed I’d misheard. Never admit a mistake and you might just get away with it! Lol

This, this, and this again in spades. Until today he'd done absolutely nothing to merit a run in the side. If he plays and does **** all for 3 games, he'll deserved to be dropped .

But Tadic and Redmond get 9 months of games?

Boufal in about 30 minutes of football over the last two games has done like 10 times what Redmond has done in 9 games and probably another dozen games at the end of last season.

Duck - you make a lot of good points in your posts but it's time to cut your losses with Boufal and change tack. Boufal represents some quality in a side very light on in that area. It's not true to say he's done nothing to warrant a place until yesterday. Did you miss the game against Newcastle? He strikes me as improved this season - fitter, faster and more determined. I'm sure he will continue to frustrate at times with turnovers or trying to beat one defender too many, but he has got the run and the skills to create chances for himself and others.

No, me neither. He'd pop up centrally from time to time, but was almost always positioned out wide. The wing is a safe place for cautious managers to put unpredictable/unreliable players - they're less likely to lose the ball catastrophically, but less influential.

Three points off relegation, in one of the worst goal droughts I can remember, and with Romeu and Lemina providing the most solid DM pairing we've had in years, I'd say it's time to abandon caution.

When you're not slagging off Davis you talk a lot of sense. Central attacking midfield is the spot for Boufal.

Great goal, no doubt and I hope that he gets a start versus Brighton but I urge caution in that he still has a lot to prove in his all round game !

One fear I have is that he will use this to display his individual skills at the expense of playing for the benefit of the 'team' !

Anyway, it's a positive problem for the manager to have and may give some of the others a much needed kick up the backside !

He may be inconsistent, but you don’t score goals like that if you’re not a great talent....

Cuco’s goal as good as it was, was a hit an hope. That goal today took genuine skill and ability, if It’d been scored by messi everyone would have gone

wild.

You forgot "vision". We have others with the skill and ability to have scored that goal. Unfortunately they seem to lack the vision, or confidence - or maybe enough attitude to defy orders - to try it. Without that vision the skill and ability is just wasted.

Very true one swallow does not make a summer.

Lets hope he moves on from here and contributes regularly like Mane did but so far he seems to have flattered to deceive not helped by injuries and not playing regularly

We definitely need some class up front which will relieve the pressure on the whole team

Very true one swallow does not make a summer.

Lets hope he moves on from here and contributes regularly like Mane did but so far he seems to have flattered to deceive not helped by injuries and not playing regularly

We definitely need some class up front which will relieve the pressure on the whole team

This, in a nutshell.

So MP says Boufal still has to earn his chance (BBC Sport). W T F Like we have lots scoring goals in front of him, or he does not want to change his brand of football, to accommodate him!!

If pellegrino takes this stance he's inviting pressure on himself. Every time we fail to score and boufal is stuck on the bench the fans faith in mp is going to drain away.